2022-2023 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks.
This is the group me link for accepted students:
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is entirely the synthesis of my neuroticism so feel free to ignore me (in fact you probably should). But I was checking last year's thread and came across this comment made on March 15:
"I have a bad feeling for this year's WL movement, wont lie homies. This year's GroupMe is at an incredibly high ~200 members compared to previous years which hovered around ~150. We might have to push our hope to CTE."
I know it is March 8th but then again decisions came out 2-3 weeks later this year compared to last (plus this analysis is by no means scientific lmao). But right now, the Groupme is at 113 which is less than 150 and 200. So ... hopefully ... that means we can see more waitlist movement this year.
Again, this is all stupid. We can very easily see no waitlist movement haha but this is just a thought I had.
I'd also say that the Groupme hasn't been shared in any PittMed emails, so it's only limited to folks on SDN. So I'm not sure how representative it would be of the actual number of accepted students..

Reactions: 3 users
I'd also say that the Groupme hasn't been shared in any PittMed emails, so it's only limited to folks on SDN. So I'm not sure how representative it would be of the actual number of accepted students..
Yeah, I've seen no official GroupMe links in any of the acceptance correspondence from Pitt, so it's not really indicative of anything outside of SDN, as far as I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was that not the case in prior years?
Again, Im not saying my stipulation above was at all scientific or should be given a shred of serious thought. It could very well be that last year and the year before people happened to be more proactive about joining the groupme than this year.

I read the end of last year’s thread, now I feel like crap lol

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
portal login says site maintenance tomorrow. not sure if that means anything.

• Wow
realistically if it is anything, what do we think it could even be? waitlist movement already? seems a bit early
i'm guessing it could be waitlist movement. this friday will be a month since initial decision which is typically first wave.

It looks like theres around 175 students on the GroupMe, Pitt officially sent out the link for the group me for all accepted students so it's likely now a realistic estimate of the class size, but again, ~30 or so are current med students.

Last edited:
post-interview PSTP rejection around 2:30pm MST

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they send all the emails at the same time. I didn't get an email for R or A so I guess that means WL for PSTP?

Just called admissions and they said that the committee will revisit waitlist applicants towards the end of March, so there should be movement in 2-3 weeks? Seems much later compared to prior years :/

Reactions: 1 users
For those following the GroupMe size it is at 191 members now, including current students

Can anyone please share when the campus visit dates are? Wondering if there's any in April/May for waitlisted -> admitted students.

Can anyone please share when the campus visit dates are? Wondering if there's any in April/May for waitlisted -> admitted students.
Once you schedule, they don't let you look at the dates. I remember seeing a ton of dates in April and some in May as well. Typically Mondays and Fridays.

current student, congrats to all accepted. Happy to answer any questions y'all might have (I came off WL myself - hang in there)

Reactions: 4 users
current student, congrats to all accepted. Happy to answer any questions y'all might have (I came off WL myself - hang in there)
When in the cycle did you get off the WL? How were you feeling at the time?

May. There were several dates in May with movement and I know people here who came off in June. Thankfully I had another option in case I didn't come off, and thankfully their CTE date was a bit later. Still a stressful time though, just wanting to know where you'll be

Reactions: 3 users
The Spring visitation dates as listed in the info card are March: 3, 6, 13, 27 April: 3, 14, 17, 21, 24

how do you go about getting these funds?

Some schools offer them through one of their student orgs, or they offer funds by contacting applicants. I was just wondering if anyone had already reached out inquiring before I email admissions. It’s totally possible the answer is they only offer it to MSTP students.

anyone know what the average student gets to live off of for rent and other necessities? i looked at the COA sheet but was just curious how it may vary from person to person

Some schools offer them through one of their student orgs, or they offer funds by contacting applicants. I was just wondering if anyone had already reached out inquiring before I email admissions. It’s totally possible the answer is they only offer it to MSTP students.
didn’t even think to ask ab that! that’s a great idea if you reach out please let us know what they say

Anyone else send in update letters/letters of interest/intent? If so did you submit it to the [email protected] email? Did you guys get back a confirmation email?
Yup same email. I got a confirmation email later that day but if it shows up under documents in your application like other user said you’re probably good

anyone know what the average student gets to live off of for rent and other necessities? i looked at the COA sheet but was just curious how it may vary from person to person
not exactly answering your question, but I know students who pay as little as $375/month for rent and others $2000+. There are options in any price range, and cost of living in Pittsburgh is pretty reasonable. Also, you can get away without having a car, especially M1-M2. Slightly more difficult M3, but clerkship coordinators typically ask if you have transportation when you fill out site preferences.

Rent can be all over the place. If you live in Shadyside or the on-campus apartments, you might be paying a little more but the convenience of being close to campus is really nice. Personally know some people who lived in South Side and were paying $500-600 a month each in rent and driving / taking the bus to campus. You can find a deal on a good place if you want one and look thoroughly enough

not exactly answering your question, but I know students who pay as little as $375/month for rent and others $2000+. There are options in any price range, and cost of living in Pittsburgh is pretty reasonable. Also, you can get away without having a car, especially M1-M2. Slightly more difficult M3, but clerkship coordinators typically ask if you have transportation when you fill out site preferences.
2000+?? Do they live in a penthouse?