You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
does anyone know if they accept another letter of rec if you are on waitlist?
Their website FAQ says they accept up to five letters. If you submitted less than that, then you could probably add another if you want
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently in previous years Pitt waitlist movement started as soon as March. Has anyone called or emailed the admissions office to see if they expect to admit people off the waitlist before May?
*if not I’ll do it lol
*if not I’ll do it lol
Anyone know if people who get off wl have generally been those who sent letters of intent or does it not rlly matter
On last year’s sdn thread someone who sent in an LOI got in but there were also a few people who sent one and didn’t get in. When I emailed the admissions office they said to send in anything you think is beneficial to the admissions committee.
According to previous years, it seems like the WL movement in March was mostly based on PSTP applicants who were wait-listed to the regular MD programApparently in previous years Pitt waitlist movement started as soon as March. Has anyone called or emailed the admissions office to see if they expect to admit people off the waitlist before May?
*if not I’ll do it lol
This is prob true, ik someone who was accepted of wl not too long ago for thisAccording to previous years, it seems like the WL movement in March was mostly based on PSTP applicants who were wait-listed to the regular MD program
Anyone know if a letter of interest would make a difference for getting off the WL or does it have to be a letter of intent?
premed155180
Full Member
I heard from someone that Pitt is gonna send financial aid packages to students this coming week (4/8-4/12). Anyone have an idea as to what day they're likely to come? Second look at Pitt is this Friday (4/12) and I don't plan on going if they give me a poor package. Thus, I hope we get our packages earlier in the week...
sweetorange
New Member
Sorry if it is a dumb question, but what do you mean by second look?I heard from someone that Pitt is gonna send financial aid packages to students this coming week (4/8-4/12). Anyone have an idea as to what day they're likely to come? Second look at Pitt is this Friday (4/12) and I don't plan on going if they give me a poor package. Thus, I hope we get our packages earlier in the week...
DocImaynalla
Full Member
'Second Look' is an in person, on campus event that most medical schools offer, to give you an idea of what attending med school there would be like. Usually offered when their cycle has concluded and most acceptances have been extended.Sorry if it is a dumb question, but what do you mean by second look?
sweetorange
New Member
So, they probably already gave most acceptances from the waitlist too?'Second Look' is an in person, on campus event that most medical schools offer, to give you an idea of what attending med school there would be like. Usually offered when their cycle has concluded and most acceptances have been extended.
DocImaynalla
Full Member
My understanding is that most acceptances off of the waitlist are offered after May 1st. (After all applicants narrow their acceptances to one by April 30th)So, they probably already gave most acceptances from the waitlist too?
According to MSAR, Pitt can send you an acceptance up until the first week of July. (Pitt's CTE deadline)
For those on the WL, did anyone else's application status change to "Your MD application is complete and under review"?
yesFor those on the WL, did anyone else's application status change to "Your MD application is complete and under review"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably reading too much into it, but some of my WL friends don't see a change in their portal
NYCandalsoChicago
Full Member
i don’t have a change
I called admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said they were going to start looking at WL applicants in early April!! Might start sending out As soon!
I don’t have a change either
garnmonster
Full Member
i’m not going to check the portal. i’m not going to check the portal. really, i’m not.
i’m not going to check the portal. i’m not going to check the portal. really, i’m not.
I checked mine 3 times already
Mine has changed. Anyone know if this has happened in previous years? Didn't see anything in last year's thread about it.For those on the WL, did anyone else's application status change to "Your MD application is complete and under review"?
Mine has changed. Anyone know if this has happened in previous years? Didn't see anything in last year's thread about it.
I couldn’t find anything in other year’s threads :/
For those with a status change, did you submit any new updates after your initial decision?
I poured my entire heart and soul into a letter of intent after being WL'd, sent an update letter back in the fall before decisionsFor those with a status change, did you submit any new updates after your initial decision?
I haven’t personally no. Sent one update letter in jan right before decisions but nothing since. i can’t imagine there’s enough spots open yet to start accepting off wl tho?For those with a status change, did you submit any new updates after your initial decision?
I haven’t personally no. Sent one update letter in jan right before decisions but nothing since. i can’t imagine there’s enough spots open yet to start accepting off wl tho?
Ok I sent one in January too but no status change. I’m not sure, in previous years they accepted off the waitlist as early as March. By April 15 there should be people dropping off since that’s the 3 school deadline. So they could be reviewing apps now in preparation?
Sent an update letter and an LOIFor those with a status change, did you submit any new updates after your initial decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I don’t know if this is a “you have the spot in the bag” thing or a “we’re just looking back over WL apps” thing, could be either but it doesn’t matter because we most likely won’t find out until May anyway (or i’m just coping)Ok I sent one in January too but no status change. I’m not sure, in previous years they accepted off the waitlist as early as March. By April 15 there should be people dropping off since that’s the 3 school deadline. So they could be reviewing apps now in preparation?
Mine just changed back to the waitlist message that was there before.
Ok ok thanks for saying that. So maybe it just says it’s in review when they literally open your application to review it?
That's my thoughtOk ok thanks for saying that. So maybe it just says it’s in review when they literally open your application to review it?
+1 mine just reverted back as well, so weird so I guess just means it’s actively being reviewedMine just changed back to the waitlist message that was there before. So maybe they are just reviewing apps? Hopefully reassuring for those that didn't see the status change since it may have happened for a brief window earlier and would be easy to miss.
+1Mine just changed back to the waitlist message that was there before. So maybe they are just reviewing apps? Hopefully reassuring for those that didn't see the status change since it may have happened for a brief window earlier and would be easy to miss.
sweetorange
New Member
I called yesterday and they said they will start reviewing now in April, so they might be starting, but no A has been sent to WL.I called admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said they were going to start looking at WL applicants in early April!! Might start sending out As soon!
pomegranatejuicebox
Full Member
Fin aid offer received!
I called admissions and they said it’s just an IT glitchFor those on the WL, did anyone else's application status change to "Your MD application is complete and under review"?
I called admissions and they said it’s just an IT glitch
You’re a real one thank you
Lmao I got you…I was so pressed thinking they were about to secretly reject meYou’re a real one thank you
shortvanilla
Full Member
Someone for the love of God pls keep us updated if you get off the WL. Thank you🤍
zerobaseonetrash
Full Member
plsss let me in plssssss
plsss let me in plssssss
Same [emoji24][emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew A, good luck everyone hope you get it 🙂
pomegranatejuicebox
Full Member
+1Withdrew A, good luck everyone hope you get it 🙂
ftr.dr.shrimpy
New Member
For those who have withdrawn, are there any specific reasons why you have decided to train elsewhere?
pomegranatejuicebox
Full Member
Location/better financial aid offer elsewhere!For those who have withdrawn, are there any specific reasons why you have decided to train elsewhere?
ChacoHiker
Full Member
A super random question but does anyone know if Pitt has a Med Prom? 😂 I have seen it at other places and wasn’t sure