2023-2024 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when they send official groupme/Fb group info so we can ask current students questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if people who get off wl have generally been those who sent letters of intent or does it not rlly matter

Apparently in previous years Pitt waitlist movement started as soon as March. Has anyone called or emailed the admissions office to see if they expect to admit people off the waitlist before May?

*if not I’ll do it lol

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if people who get off wl have generally been those who sent letters of intent or does it not rlly matter

On last year’s sdn thread someone who sent in an LOI got in but there were also a few people who sent one and didn’t get in. When I emailed the admissions office they said to send in anything you think is beneficial to the admissions committee.

Reactions: 1 users
Apparently in previous years Pitt waitlist movement started as soon as March. Has anyone called or emailed the admissions office to see if they expect to admit people off the waitlist before May?

*if not I’ll do it lol
According to previous years, it seems like the WL movement in March was mostly based on PSTP applicants who were wait-listed to the regular MD program

According to previous years, it seems like the WL movement in March was mostly based on PSTP applicants who were wait-listed to the regular MD program
This is prob true, ik someone who was accepted of wl not too long ago for this

Anyone know if a letter of interest would make a difference for getting off the WL or does it have to be a letter of intent?

I heard from someone that Pitt is gonna send financial aid packages to students this coming week (4/8-4/12). Anyone have an idea as to what day they're likely to come? Second look at Pitt is this Friday (4/12) and I don't plan on going if they give me a poor package. Thus, I hope we get our packages earlier in the week...

I heard from someone that Pitt is gonna send financial aid packages to students this coming week (4/8-4/12). Anyone have an idea as to what day they're likely to come? Second look at Pitt is this Friday (4/12) and I don't plan on going if they give me a poor package. Thus, I hope we get our packages earlier in the week...
Sorry if it is a dumb question, but what do you mean by second look?

Sorry if it is a dumb question, but what do you mean by second look?
'Second Look' is an in person, on campus event that most medical schools offer, to give you an idea of what attending med school there would be like. Usually offered when their cycle has concluded and most acceptances have been extended.

'Second Look' is an in person, on campus event that most medical schools offer, to give you an idea of what attending med school there would be like. Usually offered when their cycle has concluded and most acceptances have been extended.
So, they probably already gave most acceptances from the waitlist too?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, they probably already gave most acceptances from the waitlist too?
My understanding is that most acceptances off of the waitlist are offered after May 1st. (After all applicants narrow their acceptances to one by April 30th)
According to MSAR, Pitt can send you an acceptance up until the first week of July. (Pitt's CTE deadline)

Reactions: 3 users
For those on the WL, did anyone else's application status change to "Your MD application is complete and under review"?

i do not have that change, time to feel neurotic

I called admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said they were going to start looking at WL applicants in early April!! Might start sending out As soon!

i’m not going to check the portal. i’m not going to check the portal. really, i’m not.

to be fair tho not all the WL spots are available yet

Reactions: 4 users
For those on the WL, did anyone else's application status change to "Your MD application is complete and under review"?
Mine has changed. Anyone know if this has happened in previous years? Didn't see anything in last year's thread about it.

For those with a status change, did you submit any new updates after your initial decision?

For those with a status change, did you submit any new updates after your initial decision?
I poured my entire heart and soul into a letter of intent after being WL'd, sent an update letter back in the fall before decisions

I haven’t personally no. Sent one update letter in jan right before decisions but nothing since. i can’t imagine there’s enough spots open yet to start accepting off wl tho?

I haven’t personally no. Sent one update letter in jan right before decisions but nothing since. i can’t imagine there’s enough spots open yet to start accepting off wl tho?

Ok I sent one in January too but no status change. I’m not sure, in previous years they accepted off the waitlist as early as March. By April 15 there should be people dropping off since that’s the 3 school deadline. So they could be reviewing apps now in preparation?

Ok I sent one in January too but no status change. I’m not sure, in previous years they accepted off the waitlist as early as March. By April 15 there should be people dropping off since that’s the 3 school deadline. So they could be reviewing apps now in preparation?
Yeah I don’t know if this is a “you have the spot in the bag” thing or a “we’re just looking back over WL apps” thing, could be either but it doesn’t matter because we most likely won’t find out until May anyway (or i’m just coping)

Mine just changed back to the waitlist message that was there before. So maybe they are just reviewing apps? Hopefully reassuring for those that didn't see the status change since it may have happened for a brief window earlier and would be easy to miss.

Mine just changed back to the waitlist message that was there before. So maybe they are just reviewing apps? Hopefully reassuring for those that didn't see the status change since it may have happened for a brief window earlier and would be easy to miss.
+1 mine just reverted back as well, so weird so I guess just means it’s actively being reviewed

+1

I called admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said they were going to start looking at WL applicants in early April!! Might start sending out As soon!
I called yesterday and they said they will start reviewing now in April, so they might be starting, but no A has been sent to WL.

Someone for the love of God pls keep us updated if you get off the WL. Thank you🤍

Reactions: 4 users