This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BatesianScholar

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my friend and I want to start a youtube channel, nothing bad or controversial, no swearing, family friendly.Will med schools possible look at it when I apply? If so, will it negatively affect my chances or acceptance, or will it not be a factor? Thanks for any feedback!
 
So my friend and I want to start a youtube channel, nothing bad or controversial, no swearing, family friendly.Will med schools possible look at it when I apply? If so, will it negatively affect my chances or acceptance, or will it not be a factor? Thanks for any feedback!

Just don’t use your name.

In the small chance that you become popular (like Jenna Marbles popular), you may want to be cautious, especially with residency applications.
 
Just be very professional as we are taught. Imagine a patient of yours watching the video and if it passes that test you're in the clear.
 
At this stage I doubt it will help with your application. Just be very professional and PG