Pre-Vet SDN WW 10th Anniversary Game Sign-Ups [CLOSED] - Game Start May 22nd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please indicate the EARLIEST date that you would prefer the game to start.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh off topic and so ****ing sad

Not related but 18 elementary kids mostly 7-10 years old got gunned down while at school today in Texas. Lotta feels. Self centered ones, are like becoming a parent you can def end up with a perma-knot in your belly, I hate the thought of sending my baby to school and like it's years off.
This happened a few hours away from me. It's absolutely tragic and reprehensible. If you're wondering whether the Texas government will do anything to prevent something else like this happening in the future, let me put your concerns to rest: they absolutely will not. I already saw someone pre-emptively wearing a "protect the 2nd amendment" hat on my local news tonight.
Because THAT's what matters right now, evidently. Not that almost twenty children died, but that Jeffrey in Amarillo is still entitled to feel like he has BDE because of his gun collection.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Displeased. My fitbit has condensation under the screen. Like yes, I'm a sweaty human and I live somewhere very humid. Not like I'm jumping into a pool of magma.
These aren't the ideal conditions for me either, Fitbit!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Displeased. My fitbit has condensation under the screen. Like yes, I'm a sweaty human and I live somewhere very humid. Not like I'm jumping into a pool of magma.
These aren't the ideal conditions for me either, Fitbit!
Maybe @Lawpy can help with this one since his hands have been perpetually sweaty before

• Haha
  • Hmm
@Dinashadow Message from speechy:
"Tell Dina in the next WW game you play with her that she's definitely a wolf, because only wolves walk that much. She can only get those steps if she's roaming around in the forest."

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
But then I remembered the time that we were playing among us, we were down to four people, and Zenge started frantically yelling about how we NEEDED to vote someone out because he programmed in two imposters
We told him that was impossible or else the game would already be over
But he insisted, and I (the single imposter) was like "Okie dokie, let's do it then" and I helped him vote out a crewmate
When the game continued on with three people, he became even more frantic, insisting there were still two imposters - which apparently meant he would have been the only crewmate left against two imposters?
Again, I let him vote out a crewmate, and I won because of his delusion :laugh:
omg this was so funny as a tot who wasn't watching the livestream of the game, having no idea what was actually happening, and just hearing Zenge shrieking that there had to be 2 imposters left and everyone else being like "that's mathematically impossible" and yet it just ... kept going :rofl:

I'm giggling at my desk thinking about it

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
This happened a few hours away from me. It's absolutely tragic and reprehensible. If you're wondering whether the Texas government will do anything to prevent something else like this happening in the future, let me put your concerns to rest: they absolutely will not. I already saw someone pre-emptively wearing a "protect the 2nd amendment" hat on my local news tonight.
Because THAT's what matters right now, evidently. Not that almost twenty children died, but that Jeffrey in Amarillo is still entitled to feel like he has BDE because of his gun collection.
Hey Katie, I just hopped here to say I’m so so sorry and that I hope no one you knew was involved. It’s ****ed up, and I absolutely get why you wanna leave that state so badly. All these people should just stay in Texas with their guns and shoot each other cause that what they deserve.

• Care
OHO, @genny, I HAVE MY OWN PROSCIUTTO NOW

image.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
  • Wow
Hey Katie, I just hopped here to say I’m so so sorry and that I hope no one you knew was involved. It’s ****ed up, and I absolutely get why you wanna leave that state so badly. All these people should just stay in Texas with their guns and shoot each other cause that what they deserve.
As far as I'm aware I don't know anyone involved. It's very disheartening when anything like this happens, but for it to be so close to me? Oof. And even moreso, seeing the response from those in power, which basically boils down to "thoughts and prayers" and knowing nothing will change? Double oof.
My dad renewing his NRA membership? Quadruple oof.

Last edited:
  • Care
As far as I'm aware I don't know anyone involved. It's very disheartening when anything like this happens, but for it to be so close to me? Oof. And even moreso, seeing the response from those in power, which basically boils down to "thoughts and prayers" and knowing nothing will change? Double oof.
My dad renewing his NRA membership? Quadruple oof.
I know… it’s too much lately, no abortions, no baby formula (hope @Crayola227 is doing ok on that front). Bring kids to this world so we can show them who the real men are.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
If anyone needs a giggle, my Facebook memory today was Wobbles demonstrating her superior hunting technique.

Lol she definitely fits her name (I don’t even know if she’s wobbly when not hunting)

No one deserves this even if they support guns. That's a very tunneled outlook

No one deserves this even if they support guns. That's a very tunneled outlook
Eh. Agree to disagree. Supporting guns is a primary factor in what allows stuff like this to happen. Unless schools turn into military bases to discourage people barging in there shooting kids, people who support guns, support the ability to purchase guns and thus the ability for someone to be a school shooter. It’s not just one unfortunate event, it’s too many.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Eh. Agree to disagree. Supporting guns is a primary factor in what allows stuff like this to happen. Unless schools turn into military bases to discourage people barging in there shooting kids, people who support guns, support the ability to purchase guns and thus the ability for someone to be a school shooter. It’s not just one unfortunate event, it’s too many.
These children are born into states that reflect their parents ideologies. They do not deserve it. Their classmates do not deserve it. Even the parents who may or may not support these choices don't deserve it

No worries, I just thought I was going crazy because my brain was trying to figure out which 'he' you were referring to :D

I'd love if the forum let us have pronouns under our avatars, would help a ton. @Lawpy please enact this.

It has been asked for before, but doesn't seem to have materialized.

Reactions: 1 users
These children are born into states that reflect their parents ideologies. They do not deserve it. Their classmates do not deserve it. Even the parents who may or may not support these choices don't deserve it
To be clear, i wasn’t referring to the citizens of Texas, but to the people that are against repealing the 2nd amendment. I wasn’t proposing this as a solution. I was having an emotional response. I spent all morning watching posts that these kids’ relatives made. Anger is an appropriate reaction when stuff like this happen.

• Care
I put my bunnies to boarding yesterday and the house is so quiet without them. (nearly posted in stars lol)

• Care
Was it 36/12 though? More hours, more things to say!

• Angry
I think this one will beat all records
Well, this is the one to beat :heckyeah:

• Care
  • Sad
Was it 36/12 though? More hours, more things to say!
No that’s supposed to mean same amount of things to say, more time to say and read it
No but I'm saying it lasted 14 irl days and this one is at 4 lol
Bruh. No wonder it’s impossible to keep up.

• Care
@supershorty Did your kittehs have perinatal FPV, or unknown?
Presumably, but we don't know. Neonate!Wobbles was left in a box in front of the shelter with a sibling that died before I adopted her. I don't actually know where Weeble came from, just that a classmate asked if I wanted another wobbly kitten and I was like no and then I had 2 cats.

• Care
  • Haha
@samac @IvyMoose @alleycat03 @violetvett -- you guys were the ones that reacted to my message about this in the game thread so thought I would share. May not seem like much, but a lot goes into this. Probably won't leave forever just cause. But anyway, here is the fruits of my research and labor (but not sure if you cared about this or just my workload when you reacted now that I think of it...). Basically I do this over and over throughout the year for chronic conditions/presenting symptoms/etc as things come up with patients. I do the multi-source deep dive to learn more, and then make my dot phrase assessment and plan for future efficiency and comprehensiveness. I can update the dot phrase as need arises. Co-residents steal my dot phrase. Rinse and repeat. Wa la! Residency.

The patient's gender identity is
The patient's goal is to present as
The patient's preferred pronouns are

Feminine HRT:
Current hormone therapy regimen:
anti-androgen=
estrogen=
Patient is comfortable with the regimen and satisfied with feminization effects.
Patient is not experiencing any adverse effects.

Goal hormone levels: female range (testosterone levels 30-100 ng/dL and estradiol levels of approximately <200 pg/mL).
Lab monitoring:
-hormones Q3 months for first year and with dose changes, and then every 6-12 months
-Potassium before starting spironolactone and then annually

Patient counseled on smoking cessation due to increased clotting risk on estrogen.
Other measures to mitigate clotting risk: avoid supraphysiologic estrogen levels, consider reducing dose or cutaneous forms with aging.

Masculine HRT:
testosterone=
Patient is comfortable with the regimen and satisfied with virilization effects.

Goal hormone levels: male range (testosterone levels 300-1000 ng/dL)
Lab monitoring:
-hormones Q3 months for first year and with dose changes, and then every 6-12 months
-Lipid profile before initiating and then annually
-CBC for hematocrit before initiating and then annually

Referrals if indicated:
Endocrinology
Gender-affirming surgery
Behavioral health

• Love
@samac @IvyMoose @alleycat03 @violetvett -- you guys were the ones that reacted to my message about this in the game thread so thought I would share. May not seem like much, but a lot goes into this. Probably won't leave forever just cause. But anyway, here is the fruits of my research and labor (but not sure if you cared about this or just my workload when you reacted now that I think of it...). Basically I do this over and over throughout the year for chronic conditions/presenting symptoms/etc as things come up with patients. I do the multi-source deep dive to learn more, and then make my dot phrase assessment and plan for future efficiency and comprehensiveness. I can update the dot phrase as need arises. Co-residents steal my dot phrase. Rinse and repeat. Wa la! Residency.

The patient's gender identity is
The patient's goal is to present as
The patient's preferred pronouns are

Feminine HRT:
anti-androgen=
estrogen=
Patient is comfortable with the regimen and satisfied with feminization effects.

Goal hormone levels: female range (testosterone levels 30-100 ng/dL and estradiol levels of approximately <200 pg/mL).
Lab monitoring:
-Potassium before starting spironolactone and then annually

Patient counseled on smoking cessation due to increased clotting risk on estrogen.
Other measures to mitigate clotting risk: avoid supraphysiologic estrogen levels, consider reducing dose or cutaneous forms with aging.

Masculine HRT:
testosterone=
Patient is comfortable with the regimen and satisfied with virilization effects.

Goal hormone levels: male range (testosterone levels 300-1000 ng/dL)
Lab monitoring:
-Lipid profile before initiating and then annually
-CBC for hematocrit before initiating and then annually

Referrals if indicated:
Endocrinology
Gender-affirming surgery
Behavioral health
What kind of resident are you? Internal medicine? Human med is so foreign to me but your hard work is evident! Tbh if I was a full doctor of any kind, idk how I would have time for WW, so props to all of the docs in every field that do make time for it.

• Love
What kind of resident are you? Internal medicine? Human med is so foreign to me but your hard work is evident! Tbh if I was a full doctor of any kind, idk how I would have time for WW, so props to all of the docs in every field that do make time for it.
Yes, Internal Medicine!

Also, I basically don't have time haha. This is my first time trying to play during residency besides when I was mostly on vacation last time. My actual hours worked hover 70-80/week and that doesn't include mandated board review questions and videos, 27932 email things a week, ongoing research stuff, and all of my studying/learning/building my practice like with reading from 7 sources and like 160 pages just to boil down to that plan for gender care. All of that is my "free time".

• Care
what beach?
It's Cape San Blas in Florida! Super pretty and not as busy as soon other beaches. My family used to go there every summer but we've had several complications that have made it so we haven't gone to a beach in a few years. We're hoping to go sometime in December but who knows whether that'll happen. :/
My youngest two dogs have never gotten to go to the beach and I'd really like them to, haha.

It's Cape San Blas in Florida! Super pretty and not as busy as soon other beaches. My family used to go there every summer but we've had several complications that have made it so we haven't gone to a beach in a few years. We're hoping to go sometime in December but who knows whether that'll happen. :/
My youngest two dogs have never gotten to go to the beach and I'd really like them to, haha.
as a born and raised atlantic coast southern Floridian, i don't support this lmao. never saw the appeal of the gulf coast 😔

• Wow
  • Sad
also, curious, is there like a list so i don't misgender someone lmao i've been using "she/they" like nonstop with most of you. also, how many WW players are actually vet med related, because I've seen a few (like sunny) who are human med O_O

also, curious, is there like a list so i don't misgender someone lmao i've been using "she/they" like nonstop with most of you. also, how many WW players are actually vet med related, because I've seen a few (like sunny) who are human med O_O
It would probably be easier to list who ISN'T vet med related b/c it's a shorter list