This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverHearted

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got invited to my first PsyD interview (hopefully more to come) and I'd really love to hear about other peoples' interview experiences.

I applied to some PhD programs last year and had a few interviews, but I was living abroad at the time doing a masters and had to do them over Skype. None of them were quite the right fit and I realized I wouldn't be happy doing another research-focused program anyway. I am really happy that things worked out for me to go another route and get into clinical neuropsychology instead.

So, what are PsyD interviews like? Are they much different from PhD ones? How about attending interviews in person rather than over video? The types of questions that typically pop up?

All info would be helpful, especially if anyone has insight about the University of Indianapolis, Loyola University Maryland, Rutgers, and Pacific University.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got invited to my first PsyD interview (hopefully more to come) and I'd really love to hear about other peoples' interview experiences.

I applied to some PhD programs last year and had a few interviews, but I was living abroad at the time doing a masters and had to do them over Skype. None of them were quite the right fit and I realized I wouldn't be happy doing another research-focused program anyway. I am really happy that things worked out for me to go another route and get into clinical neuropsychology instead.

So, what are PsyD interviews like? Are they much different from PhD ones? How about attending interviews in person rather than over video? The types of questions that typically pop up?

All info would be helpful, especially if anyone has insight about the University of Indianapolis, Loyola University Maryland, Rutgers, and Pacific University.

Thanks!

I live right near Loyola U. I would say it’s not super respected in Baltimore FYI. I know some people who went to the program and didn’t care for it at all. They also are very very expensive with very little help financially. They only offer a few fellowships and they only cover have of the 30+K tuition each year. Rutgers is much better from what I understand. Good luck on your interviews!