Purdue c/o 2015 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
those of you who have received a phone call, are you OOS or IS?? Oh man this anxiety is killing me

Members don't see this ad.

:love: Just got a phone call from the Dean... so excited! Hopefully I get to see you all at Purdue!

Now, off for celebratory drinks, who cares if I have a test tomorrow!

Congratulations! A phone call from the Dean himself, that's great!

those of you who have received a phone call, are you OOS or IS?? Oh man this anxiety is killing me

In-state...but idk how they are doing it. An OOS I know got a call today including about 6 others I know so far.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm OOS. And hang in there, from what I saw on last year's forum it sounds like they may spread the calls out over a week or so. Dean said that paperwork is coming later, so I'm assuming that you get a call and then the paperwork if you are accepted

Oh goodness, idk if I can handle more days waiting by the phone anxiously. I could wait at 12:30 expectantly for the mailwoman, but a PHONECALL?!?!?!?!:scared: First of all, I leave my phone around the house in weird places so I end up searching for it for minutes while it rings away. More heart attacks coming my way.
Whyevernot88: Totally going to be doing the same thing! not to mention I'm already jumping at each text message buzz.

Good Luck everyone!

Jeeshhhh.. I checked the website cuz the studying for an exam is dragging and now I can't study :( baaaahhhhhh. I hope they're not calling in alphabetical order b/c I'm 'C' ..... :scared::scared::scared:

Quick Question: are they calling cell phones or house phones? I get very little reception while I'm in my house, but I do spend a lot of time outside in my barn, and usually forget my cell in side (of course). :smack: I missed a call this morning, *69ed it, spam. GAH Swear I am going to have a heart attack by the end of today with all these phone calls.

I just called admissions. Letters will go out by tomorrow. She didn't know if the dean was calling everyone or not, or just calling a few people. FYI.

I just called admissions. Letters will go out by tomorrow. She didn't know if the dean was calling everyone or not, or just calling a few people. FYI.

:boom::boom::boom: WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wtf: They knoooooooow if you got in or not! Just tell us!!!! PLEEEASE!!!!!!! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oehasr;ghaeo;rgh;oaerhfgo;aherfhae;rohga;oerhg

:wtf: They knoooooooow if you got in or not! Just tell us!!!! PLEEEASE!!!!!!! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oehasr;ghaeo;rgh;oaerhfgo;aherfhae;rohga;oerhg

OMG. That was so funny. I am at work and just started cracking up.

This is exactly how I feel.

Not that I've been carrying my phone around with me at work ALL DAY and checking every 5 minutes.

Quick Question: are they calling cell phones or house phones? I get very little reception while I'm in my house, but I do spend a lot of time outside in my barn, and usually forget my cell in side (of course). :smack: I missed a call this morning, *69ed it, spam. GAH Swear I am going to have a heart attack by the end of today with all these phone calls.
*falls over and dies*

No calls yet today? Those of you who got called already, about what time did the calls come? Ugh, this is worse than waiting for letters because if the dean is only calling a few people, why is he choosing those people? What does it mean? AHHHHHH!!!!

I missed the call from the Dean but he left a voicemail for me! It pretty much said that he has something to tell me about my application, and to call him back asap. I'll have to wait until the morning... :D!!

Oh man, I have a tough decision ahead of me... :/.

Members don't see this ad :)
I missed the call from the Dean but he left a voicemail for me! It pretty much said that he has something to tell me about my application, and to call him back asap. I'll have to wait until the morning... :D!!

:thumbup: Woot!! Congratulations again! :D

My call came about 4:40 pm on Tues afternoon. I was in class so I actually missed the call and had to call back. They called me cell phone, which I was glad because at home we hardly ever check the voicemail and don't answer calls that are 'blocked' or 'private.'

Congrats zumazoom!

I wonder if hes calling all of those accepted and sending letters out for waitlists and rejections... :confused: soooo unnerving!!! I wouldn't see the logic in JUST calling a few of the accepted class. Who knows!!!!! Good luck to the rest of us!

Not to bum everyone out even more, but Monday is a federal holiday and US Mail will not be running. This may add to the time it will take to get letters. My husband is waiting on his. Luckily we are in central Indiana so it should get here on Saturday if it mails out today, but my dad is a post man and says the West Lafayette is right on the line for being considered part of central Indiana so it may take 2 days. Tuesday seems so far away.

Has anyone received a phone call today? I am really hoping they are not done calling everyone who was accepted. We are still waiting to hear something. I think I am going crazy about it way more than my husband.

Last edited:
Not to bum everyone out even more, but Monday is a federal holiday and US Mail will not be running. This may add to the time it will take to get letters. My husband is waiting on his. Luckily we are in central Indiana so it should get here on Saturday if it mails out today, but my dad is a post man and says the West Lafayette is right on the line for being considered part of central Indiana so it may take 2 days. Tuesday seems so far away.

I live in West Lafayette, does that mean I'll get my letter tomorrow??????? :soexcited:

Hahaha, and I'm glad I made someone laugh! But seriously... this is nutso!!!!!! Of course I applied to Purdue and Wisconsin, the slowest admissions offices in the country that don't believe in emails but like to torture applicants with the old fashioned letters.......... We know they know how to email! They respond to emails quick and they interviewed-invited us via email!! AGHHH!!!!! EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in West Lafayette, does that mean I'll get my letter tomorrow??????? :soexcited:

Hahaha, and I'm glad I made someone laugh! But seriously... this is nutso!!!!!! Of course I applied to Purdue and Wisconsin, the slowest admissions offices in the country that don't believe in emails but like to torture applicants with the old fashioned letters.......... We know they know how to email! They respond to emails quick and they interviewed-invited us via email!! AGHHH!!!!! EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

I would think you would get it next day, but with the mail you never know. I guess all central Indiana mail goes to Indianapolis for sorting and then back out to where it should be delivered. If Lafayette is in that central Indiana group we will both get letters next day, but if it is not included in central Indiana I am not sure, but I would think at least you would get it next day. It could be worse I heard that Tennesse does not tell you until like end of March.

I heard that a large amount of in state get wait listed until the out of state positions are set so don't be discouraged if you get waitlisted. That is what me and my husband keep reminding ourselves.

Oh man. that means ill get mine sometime next week. I live in florida and its so far from indiana. I pray every night i get that call from the dean. Let see what happens.

I got my acceptance call Wednesday at about 815pm, and almost didn't answer it! I had just walked in my house from an interview at Miss St., tired, behind on schoolwork. So tired and shocked I still don't think it's real! Maybe I should call Purdue just to make sure....

Interviewing at my instate (Florida) tomorrow. I don't like UF even a fraction of how much I love Purdue. $80,000 is alot of money though. Maybe the decision won't be mine to make......

Congratulations to all accepted!
A BIG - don't ever give up hope to all those waiting!

I got my acceptance call Wednesday at about 815pm, and almost didn't answer it! I had just walked in my house from an interview at Miss St., tired, behind on schoolwork. So tired and shocked I still don't think it's real! Maybe I should call Purdue just to make sure....

Interviewing at my instate (Florida) tomorrow. I don't like UF even a fraction of how much I love Purdue. $80,000 is alot of money though. Maybe the decision won't be mine to make......

Congratulations to all accepted!
A BIG - don't ever give up hope to all those waiting!

Hey! I'm interviewing at UF tomorrow too! (My in-state and current school). Do you go to UF now? I was hoping to here from Purdue before then so that I could be more confident at the UF interview, but no such luck.

Right now I'm at USF, went to UF for 2 semesters many moons ago....
Going to drive up tom. morning to Gville for a 330 interview. You're right Starbuck, I think it would help anybody during an interview knowing you're already holding an ace.

UF has alot of catching up to Purdue in my book, oh but there's that $80,000 thing again. My parents, grandparents, etc all live in Chicago area. I was born in Chicago, but have lived in FL unfortunately for a long time.

Purdue is like coming home for me.

Hey y'all. I got a call from the dean at about 4pm today. I was outside with a vet and some goats, so it was fitting! Then I got to jump around and scream all I wanted because we were outside. :)

I asked about the letters, and he said that I should get mine by about Thursday (I live in Wisconsin).

Fingers crossed for you, Starbuck! I know you'll rock that interview. Show UF what's up!

The mail came and no letter. I guess it will be Tuesday. That is if they actually mailed them on Friday.:confused:

Blahhhh, it's looking grim! No call from Willie, no letter... I may be Edinburgh-bound

Just got the call today!!!!!!! :laugh::rofl::laugh: 1:30....and its Saturday on a holiday weekend. Wow!! Got some big decisions to make,

JollyBlueJay4, Your not the only one that is still considering Edinburgh, but having an in country-school is a definite plus.

Got a call at 11:46am today from an unknown number and accidentally hung up on it while trying to answer. Heard Dean Reed's voicemail and totally freaked! Wasn't expecting anything on a Saturday morning haha =DDDDDDDDDDD!!!! :soexcited:

Blahhhh, it's looking grim! No call from Willie, no letter... I may be Edinburgh-bound

Sorry JollyBlueJay for getting your hopes up. I was really thinking at least you would get the letter today being in west lafayette.

For those of you that have gotten recent calls are you in state or out of state? Did he happen to mention if he is calling everyone who is accepted? My husband's phone is now strictly only available for calls from the Dean. Come on Willie give us a jingle!

Congrats on the phone calls all!!!!!!!! =)

Truuuuuuuuuuue SJ Bell, but beggers can't be choosers! Congrats on gettin' in too!!!!!!!!

this is awful. i don't think i've ever stared at my phone so much.
PLEASE RING!!!!!! :bang:

congrats to everyone that already got the call!

ditto...its not very nice to let us no at different times, it's cruel....isn't there an amendment that is suppose to prevent things like that from happening???

ditto...it's not very nice to let us know at different times, it's cruel....isn't there an amendment that is supposed to prevent things like that from happening???

Right? :mad: Again, my best friend called me this afternoon WHILE I was reading the Purdue thread and finding out that people got called on a Saturday. Nearly fell off the couch, then wanted to scream!

I'm OOS, and I was soo thrown off cause it was a weekend. It was a restricted number so I didn't get to see the area code. I thought it would be my grandma who also has a restricted number, to my surprise it was the Dean! :D:D

I don't think they are going in any order because I'm at the beginning of the alphabet (B). I expect they will be calling again on monday so, relax all, take sunday to breathe, and Good Luck!!! :luck::luck: He said letters will go out next week with the official responses.

I'm OOS, and I was soo thrown off cause it was a weekend. It was a restricted number so I didn't get to see the area code. I thought it would be my grandma who also has a restricted number, to my surprise it was the Dean! :D:D

I don't think they are going in any order because I'm at the beginning of the alphabet (B). I expect they will be calling again on monday so, relax all, take sunday to breathe, and Good Luck!!! :luck::luck: He said letters will go out next week with the official responses.

GRRR to next week letters. They have been saying different dates all along.

Congrats though!
I sure hope there are Monday calls!!! Preferably before my Illinois interveiw so I have some stress relief.

Congrats to all you!!!!

I didn't think they would be calling on saturdays. Pretty cool on their part. Lets see what happens. I am slowly losing hope but there is still next week I guess. I just hope I get my letter the beginning of next week

I got a call today at noon from the Dean. If he is going in alpha order, my last name starts with N.

Hang in there everyone waiting for calls!!

I had all but given up hope, but as I was driving to my UF interview today, my phone rings and its the Dean of Purdue! His timing couldn't have been better and he actually apologized for calling on a Saturday! Awesome!!
Hang in there everybody. He's taking his time calling people apparently. :D

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I wish my husband was in that group of people, but we have unfortunately heard nothing. :bang: We are starting to prepare ourselves for a waitlist letter.

Does anyone have more information on waitlists? How many are waitlisted each year? How many of those are offered admission? How late you can be accepted? Do they give you a ranking or anything to know what your chances are?

I am still hoping for the Dean to call maybe Monday and this to not be something we have to think about, but we want to be prepared if he is waitlisted.:luck::xf:

I had all but given up hope, but as I was driving to my UF interview today, my phone rings and its the Dean of Purdue! His timing couldn't have been better and he actually apologized for calling on a Saturday! Awesome!!

Congratulations! That was probably a big boost for your interview.

hey starbuck1, is your last name around the N area so it matches catvet's theory on alphabetical order? if so then i still have some hope or false hope

and congrats to the both of you!

hey starbuck1, is your last name around the N area so it matches catvet's theory on alphabetical order? if so then i still have some hope or false hope

and congrats to the both of you!

Yep, I'm an "M". So that may be how he's doing it. Good luck!

I got my phone call around 4pm EST on Thursday, and my last name starts with F. And a friend who's lame name starts with M that got his acceptance call around 5pm on Friday.
Sooo it does appear that it's alphabetical :).

I don't know what the order is but SouthJerseyBell got a call today and is a B.

Last name K here and still waiting.

I wish we knew if there would be more calls or if he is done.

POSITIVE THINKING THAT HE ISN'T DONE CALLING!
I fell in love when I interviewed at Purdue. Hopefully he calls me! I don't care what time or when, I just want in. I can't be the only one stressing :eek:

Decided to try any find an answer to my own question. I found a forum for C/O 2014 and found the below post. Hang in there everyone!

To everyone still waiting, don't give up hope quite yet! I never received a call, but my acceptance letter came in the mail today. I'm OOS (IL).

POSITIVE THINKING THAT HE ISN'T DONE CALLING!
I fell in love when I interviewed at Purdue. Hopefully he calls me! I don't care what time or when, I just want in. I can't be the only one stressing :eek:

I understand what you are talking about. It is my husband applying, but of course it is really affecting my life as well. I was really hoping for out of state especially NCSU at first, but after going to the Purdue interview I even wished I was the one going to vet school. Plus the junior surgery block was a huge selling point for him.

I hope it is not a problem me posting on here since I am not an applicant. My husband is completely in love with becoming a vet, but he is much calmer than me and I need information and an outlet as the waiting is killing me. I know it is killing him too he is just dealing with it more gracefully. I need to find a job and a place for us to live. Come on Purdue just tell us already.:bang:

I'm not sure how the phone calls were made since I found out last tuesday and my last name is "H" and my friend got a call 5 min later and her's is an "S." Speaking on the phone yesterday who was a veterinarian on the past admissions committee, he said that if you are waitlisted, there is a very good chance you can get off the list pretty soon. I know last year for IS students, they all got off the waitlist, but some did not find out until April. So keep hanging in there!

I'm not sure how the phone calls were made since I found out last tuesday and my last name is "H" and my friend got a call 5 min later and her's is an "S." Speaking on the phone yesterday who was a veterinarian on the past admissions committee, he said that if you are waitlisted, there is a very good chance you can get off the list pretty soon. I know last year for IS students, they all got off the waitlist, but some did not find out until April. So keep hanging in there!

Thank you for the info that is very helpful. I think there is still hope!:love:

Just curious...for those of you who say you love/fell in love with Purdue, what do you like so much about it? It's my IS but I must confess I've only ever been there once to take a look around, so I don't really know much of what I have to look forward to (if/when, etc) :)