Purdue c/o 2015 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seriously?!?!?!? :shifty: That is just not cool. But I have a feeling that Purdue's wait-list will move along more than Tufts will, so I know you will get in!! Here is to moving along on wait-lists and having everything work out for the best! :claps:

I sure hope so. :xf: Maybe one way or another, we'll be in school together next fall! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I got waitlisted also. I'm OOS. Keepin' those fingers crossed for a spot for all us waitlisters! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they over-accept OOS for a certain number of seats? Virginia-Maryland did that so it was basically a mad rush to get your deposit in or else your seat was lost, even if you were accepted. :(

From a Vet who used to be on the Admissions committee (is that too many m's, t's, or e's?): "Purdue usually 'over offers' admission to a lot more out-of-staters knowing that most of them will not accept offers".

Also... for those of us who were rejected from the get go: 1) I'm hyper jealous of all of you who did get interviews and 2) Has anyone gotten the profile that was supposed to be sent in January about our qualifications with the overall aplicant pool?

so i'm waitlisted :) happy but more torment

now, I keep hearing that all the IS waitlisted get accepted. What happens when you are OOS?????

man suspense is killer, how long does it take for mail to travel from IN to CA....for you 30 rock fans....blerg :wtf:

man suspense is killer, how long does it take for mail to travel from IN to CA....for you 30 rock fans....blerg :wtf:

ditto.
maybe our big envelopes are taking extra time to travel to the west coast... i can dream right? :xf:

So guys unluckily, I'm out of the waiting game. I was informed by my parent that I got the rejection letter. Bummer! :( But Hope you guys waitlisted get a spot! Wish you guys the best :D

... Couldn't be a perfect timing, I just came back walking my dog (who got sprayed by skunk) & washing the crap out of her and after that I found this out :p

Has there been any IS that have received rejection letters that had an interview?? Or am I the only one?

JUST GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!! I'm waitlisted as well! So happy its not an outright rejection. Now time to wait some more! Purdue is my last US hope or else I am Ross-bound! So I can't wait to know for sure where I will end up next year =)

JUST GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!! I'm waitlisted as well! So happy its not an outright rejection. Now time to wait some more! Purdue is my last US hope or else I am Ross-bound! So I can't wait to know for sure where I will end up next year =)

yay for the waitlist, what state are you in?, im still ever so anxiously waiting for my fate to be delivered

They sent the letter to my school address so its in Delaware. You might get yours tomorrow or Monday??? CA is so far away. So sorry your stuck in suspense like that!!

I'm really surprised they put me on the waitlist at all since im OOS (NY). But we'll seee!!!!! So excited.

Im on the same boat. Do you know when us waitlisters find out our fate? I. Ready to start ross this may I would love to know before I go my fate

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my admittance packet yesterday. I have until April 15th to accept/decline the seat. I'm OOS and if I get into my IS, I will decline my Purdue seat. IS school makes decisions next week.

yay finally got an answer, i wished it was an acceptance, but i will take it, so congrats to everyone who got in so far

and for you other OOSers if you are still waiting for your IS or first choice, I hope you get in :rolleyes:

and the waiting game continues, at least i know i have company :)

OOS waitlisted

Here's to all of us getting pulled off the waitlist! :luck:

OOS waitlisted as well

waitlisted OOS... got it on the 24th (Thurs).. lil late of a post...

Hoping for my IS at Illinois.

I figure with two waitlists in OOS my IS is my best hope... right? right? ahhhh!!!:xf:Somebody has to outright want me besides my mom and boyfriend... lol... or else my feelings might be hurt

Oh and odd thing is my envelope had 2 labels with my address. The bottom one was my school apt, which was covered with a label of my home address.. weird I thought... I wanted it to be mailed to school but just happened I was home the day it came, so I guess it worked out.

Last edited:
I was wearing my Purdue shirt on friday when my acceptance letter came in the mail!! :D:D

Don't worry wait-listers, I heard a bunch of you get called in (every student I talked to at Purdue said that a good portion of the class was wait-listed). Now you can chill and just wait for April 15th to hear the good news! ;)

i wonder how many OOSers are on the alternates list? it seems like no one (at least on SDN) got rejected after interviewers?

not to be so negative, i just hope that the alternates list isnt from 1-200???

i wonder how many OOSers are on the alternates list? it seems like no one (at least on SDN) got rejected after interviewers?

I feel that same way too...:confused:

Has everyone, especially those waitlisted like me, taken the animal nutrition pre-req?

Has everyone, especially those waitlisted like me, taken the animal nutrition pre-req?

yup! nutrition was one of my favorite classes as an undergrad

does anyone know who I could email to see if they would answer how many people are on the waitlist? I don't think that would be asking much and shouldn't be too confidential??!?!?!?!

I emailed Dr. Wieseman to ask how many people were on the alternates list....that too is confidential :thumbdown:

I emailed Dr. Wieseman to ask how many people were on the alternates list....that too is confidential :thumbdown:

Boo hiss. Oh well, thanks for trying.

In the meantime, does anyone know if there is additional fin aid stuff to do other than the FAFSA? The website is wicked to navigate. I know the other school I'm waitlisted at needs your fin aid application by like, tomorrow, even though you're an alternate.

i'm declining my OOS offer asap so i wish the best of luck to all you waitlisters and hope one of you will get my spot shortly!

i'm declining my OOS offer asap so i wish the best of luck to all you waitlisters and hope one of you will get my spot shortly!

Brooke,
How did you decide between UF and Purdue. I've also been accepted to both schools, IS at UF. I'm leaning towards Purdue for alot of reasons, but IS tuition is hard to shake.

Brooke,
How did you decide between UF and Purdue. I've also been accepted to both schools, IS at UF. I'm leaning towards Purdue for alot of reasons, but IS tuition is hard to shake.

I also will be declining my OOS offer. I'm in the same predicament. I absolutely loved Purdue, but I can't pay twice as much to go there. So I'll be at UF. (Which I love also, just in a different way).

I also will be declining my OOS offer. I'm in the same predicament. I absolutely loved Purdue, but I can't pay twice as much to go there. So I'll be at UF. (Which I love also, just in a different way).

I was stalking you to see if this had happened. :) Congrats!!!

Brooke,

I'm actually deciding between Tufts and UF. It's such a hard decision because my dream school and ideal program is at Tufts but paying off 160K vs. 80K is a huge deal. I'm still deciding but I'm leaning towards Tufts because I know I'll be happier there and I felt so comfortable. Good luck with your decision, maybe we'll be classmates at UF!

congratulations to everyone that got into their IS!
and heres to the waitlist (hopefully) moving! :xf:

I still haven't taken the Animal Nutrition requirement. I was thinking I should start that soon.

I'm still trying to decide between RVC (London) and Purdue. But a big part of the decision is where my husband can find work, so I suspect we may not make our decision till close to the deadline... sorry to those waiting to get off the waitlist! But there is a chance I'll be declining my OOS spot, if he can find a good job in London.

I still haven't taken the Animal Nutrition requirement. I was thinking I should start that soon.

I'm still trying to decide between RVC (London) and Purdue. But a big part of the decision is where my husband can find work, so I suspect we may not make our decision till close to the deadline... sorry to those waiting to get off the waitlist! But there is a chance I'll be declining my OOS spot, if he can find a good job in London.

I wish we were far enough along for me to be looking for a job up at Purdue. My husband is waitlisted, but I already gave notice to my job since we have to be out of our apartment by May. Hoping the job opportunities in Lafayette are plentiful as I may need to find something quickly. Come May we may have no job, no apartment, and no offers:confused::scared:. Hoping the waitlist moves quickly.

Thank you to those of you who have decided and are not holding on to a spot at Purdue that you want me using. Goodluck to those of you still weighing the options.

I'm in the same boat! Currently dragging my feet on a silly microbiology class that is mostly review material... Would love to be able to drop it, especially since my other schools don't care if I take it or not. :xf: Here's to hoping I'll hear back from the admissions office before our next exam on Friday!

I was kind of nervous about that too. It seems like everyones been waitlisted so I don't want to get too excited about being an alternate just yet.

I wonder if Purdue is going to start taking people off the waitlist immediately after they start receiving declined acceptances or if theyr waiting till april 15th to start telling us. Also, i hope they let us know when the class is filled and we are no longer alternates.

So much to think about and look forward to!

I was kind of nervous about that too. It seems like everyones been waitlisted so I don't want to get too excited about being an alternate just yet.

I wonder if Purdue is going to start taking people off the waitlist immediately after they start receiving declined acceptances or if theyr waiting till april 15th to start telling us. Also, i hope they let us know when the class is filled and we are no longer alternates.

So much to think about and look forward to!

Based on previous years' waitlist survivors threads, it looks like they wait until April to start pulling waitlisters. And when I was an alternate at Tufts last year, they don't notify you that the class is full until after classes start. :rolleyes: I'd bet Purdue is the same way - they can call you off the waitlist all the way up til classes start!

Starbuck,
Can you tell me any more about why you love UF, besides the awesome IS tuition? I think I'm really gonna struggle with this decision. The more input I can get the better, apart from the frugal little man in my head saying "save $80,000, save $80,000". I think it's actually about a $72K diff.

Well I am declining the wait list now because I got into Illinois, my IS! So move on up others... that is if I was even up on the list lol... Good luck to all that are still waiting

I wish i knew how many waitlisters there are to roughly have an idea if I will be getting a phone call come April :/

I believe there are usually about 100 waitlisters for schools. The U of I interviewed 120 out of state with plans to offer about 20 for admission. Everyone else was going to be waitlisted. It probably varies a little, but probably not much.

So... off the topic, but does anyone know Purdue's system for computers/laptops? For instance, I know Davis requires you to buy one of two models through them in the summer, so they can preload the programs and make it easy for tech support. Does Purdue do something similar, or should I start looking for a new computer on my own?

So... off the topic, but does anyone know Purdue's system for computers/laptops? For instance, I know Davis requires you to buy one of two models through them in the summer, so they can preload the programs and make it easy for tech support. Does Purdue do something similar, or should I start looking for a new computer on my own?

As far as I know, Purdue doesn't require you to have a laptop or anything like that. I know they have a computer lab within the school, but I will be searching for a new computer this summer as mine is on its last leg as it is.

I'm coming out to visit Purdue again next week with my fiance in tow. Do any of you guys who currently are at Purdue (or went there) have any recommendations of places to walk around in town, or a restaurant suggestion for dinner?
Gotta try and sell him on Lafayette :).

I'm coming out to visit Purdue again next week with my fiance in tow. Do any of you guys who currently are at Purdue (or went there) have any recommendations of places to walk around in town, or a restaurant suggestion for dinner?

I think there is a lot more character "across the river" in downtown Lafayette. There are some good restaurants over there and bars as well (that have good food too).

I'm in Indy, and while I've been to W. Lafayette several times, I don't know that I can suggest anything great. However, a Purdue grad posted this a while back... hope it helps!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10596782&postcount=233

I liked visiting the restaurants in the building across from Grant St. Parking Garage. (maps say Purdue Memorial Union/Union Club Hotel?, you can take the tunnel under the road right to it) It was so cool to have a little indoor market place, reminded me of Reading Terminal Market in Philly. Loud, not a place to study, but definitely a nice, close place on campus to eat and chill. There was also a good amount of restaurants along rt. 26 E. We didn't eat there, but they looked good enough to have a try.

I'll probably be making a visit out again in June to go apartment shopping. Wishlist: Pet friendly, walkable distance to Lynn hall, and vet student roomies!! :D

Just wondering. Those of u who got accepted what immunizations are required by purdue??

Hey everyone!

I've been reading the forums on SDN for awhile now but just joined officially. I officially accepted my offer today and will be part of Purdue's c/o 2015! I was wondering if anyone knew what areas were best to look for housing at Purdue? I'm really excited to meet all of you soon :)