You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2019
Started by Gwenevre
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Purdue's a no-go for me as well. Indiana would have been a cool place to add to my list, oh well... Strange the way this whole process is working out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like everywhere you get interviews I don't and where I get interviews you don't. Odd.Purdue's a no-go for me as well. Indiana would have been a cool place to add to my list, oh well... Strange the way this whole process is working out.
It's a conspiracy!It seems like everywhere you get interviews I don't and where I get interviews you don't. Odd.
Rejected 🙁 However will take their offer on the email about evaluating my profile. 1/5
Here We Go
Hi Everyone!
COngrats on the selected ones for interview
Here We Go
Hi Everyone!
COngrats on the selected ones for interview
Yay got an interview!
Rejected again. 🙁 I'm a little bummed, but I still have 4 schools to hear back from, so I'm not giving up hope yet!
Oh no! I'm more shocked and sad by this than my own rejection. 🙁 So sorry Gwen, hopefully things work out elsewhere!Rejected. Good luck everyone!
Congrats to everyone getting interviews! Just wanted to remind y'all that I can house someone for both interview days if you're looking for a place! We have a shuttle to and from Purdue's campus (1$ each way) at my apartment that takes ~15 minutes and comes every hour.
Thank you for being such a sweetheart 🙂Congrats to everyone getting interviews! Just wanted to remind y'all that I can house someone for both interview days if you're looking for a place! We have a shuttle to and from Purdue's campus (1$ each way) at my apartment that takes ~15 minutes and comes every hour.
I ended up withdrawing my application today. I didn't realize there were 2 different forms to fill out to schedule the time - I thought it was just the 1 form to pick the date. I got a call from the admissions office today saying I had until 3pm to fill out the 2nd one to schedule the interview time and I didn't get the voicemail until almost 4pm. I missed the call because I was out with the vet I shadow in the middle of nowhere all day with no cell reception. Oh well, this is why I applied to so many schools. Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing!!
I have an interview the morning of the 30th! 🙂
See you there! 🙂I have an interview the morning of the 30th! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sounds about right. I believe they interviewed 200-240 OOS, and 60-80 IS sounds correct.I think last year it was ~60 IS, and ~200 OOS? @Ashgirl or @Romoret does that trigger your memory?
ETA: Just checked last year's thread. 240 OOS and 60 IS were last year's interview numbers.
I do! 🙂just found the forum. anyone else have an interview jan. 23rd in the afternoon? if so, see y'all there!
Does anyone know where to find the "To-Do-List" mentioned in the email they sent us for interviews? I already scheduled the interview etc. but I want to make sure there's nothing else I need to do -- do they have a list of times when tours are held or a schedule of the interview day (Jan 30)? Lastlyyyy, is this banquet super fancy? What do ppl wear? haha. Thank yyou!!!
I'm not sure where to find the to-do list, but I would suggest going early in the morning, even if you're not in the morning interviews to get a more detailed schedule of events. Banquet is semi-fancy. Some people stayed in their interview clothes, I changed into a more comfortable dress and shoes. At the banquet there will be a student panel for questions and a student or two sitting at each of your tables. The food is buffet style, and really freaking good!
To-do list: http://vet.purdue.edu/admissions/interview-day/Does anyone know where to find the "To-Do-List" mentioned in the email they sent us for interviews? I already scheduled the interview etc. but I want to make sure there's nothing else I need to do -- do they have a list of times when tours are held or a schedule of the interview day (Jan 30)? Lastlyyyy, is this banquet super fancy? What do ppl wear? haha. Thank yyou!!!
Interview schedule: http://vet.purdue.edu/admissions/interview-day/interviewee-guide.php
The links are in the email that offers you an interview 🙂
Thank you so much!!I'm not sure where to find the to-do list, but I would suggest going early in the morning, even if you're not in the morning interviews to get a more detailed schedule of events. Banquet is semi-fancy. Some people stayed in their interview clothes, I changed into a more comfortable dress and shoes. At the banquet there will be a student panel for questions and a student or two sitting at each of your tables. The food is buffet style, and really freaking good!
Thank you! My phone emails sometimes don't show the whole message it seems...but thanks!!To-do list: http://vet.purdue.edu/admissions/interview-day/
Interview schedule: http://vet.purdue.edu/admissions/interview-day/interviewee-guide.php
The links are in the email that offers you an interview 🙂
Does anybody know if we are required to stay for the full day? My interview is in the morning and I am trying to figure out if I can fly home the evening after my interview, since I am not staying for the banquet.
Nope, you are not required to stay for the entire day! All you need to technically attend is the interview (though there are some fun things like a panel, tour, and information sessions that you can attend during the day as well).Does anybody know if we are required to stay for the full day? My interview is in the morning and I am trying to figure out if I can fly home the evening after my interview, since I am not staying for the banquet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's completely up to you. I changed into comfy shoes, but if you want to wear something more comfortable (like slacks and a sweater or something), then that's totally fine too.Guys it's 0 degrees in Lafayette right now. We may freeze.....
Do a lot of people change clothes for the banquet?
The weather in Indiana is very bipolar....I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow it was sunny and 40 degrees! So I wouldn't worry about the weather here until the week of your interview 🙂So I have an interview on the 23rd of January and my friend in INdiana says its -15 degrees there. Am i going to become an eskimo or a popsicle?
-15 isn't necessarily normal (I would say 10-30 is "normal," though it could be 50 degrees or -20, who knows with Indiana)... though I agree this winter and last seems to be attracting the cold temps. My suggestion is to layer. Layer layer layer up. If you have to you can change/de-layer once you get to the vet med building. The parking stinks so you will be walking at least 10-20 minutes. Bring mittens, warm socks, and last year it was so cold I even wore under-armor underneath my suit. I have also heard a few people have hot hands in their pockets as well if you are really adverse to the cold.So I have an interview on the 23rd of January and my friend in INdiana says its -15 degrees there. Am i going to become an eskimo or a popsicle?
They say you can take a shuttle from the parking deck... but be aware that it is not any warmer. There was frost on the inside of it last year!-15 isn't necessarily normal (I would say 10-30 is "normal," though it could be 50 degrees or -20, who knows with Indiana)... though I agree this winter and last seems to be attracting the cold temps. My suggestion is to layer. Layer layer layer up. If you have to you can change/de-layer once you get to the vet med building. The parking stinks so you will be walking at least 10-20 minutes. Bring mittens, warm socks, and last year it was so cold I even wore under-armor underneath my suit. I have also heard a few people have hot hands in their pockets as well if you are really adverse to the cold.
I second Ashgirl's advice... LAYER!
I know some schools have rules about contacting the people that interview you but is anyone planning on sending thank yous to their interviewers? Not sure of Purdue's view on that.
I believe it's perfectly fine if you want to. A few people emailed their interviews, and I know a few who sent letters. Just call or email admission to be sure, they could probably help you get contact info as well.I know some schools have rules about contacting the people that interview you but is anyone planning on sending thank yous to their interviewers? Not sure of Purdue's view on that.
Ohh okay, so no yoga pants or leggings or sweats etc right?My male friend wears jeans and an undershirt + dress shirt. A female friend wears a hoodie and jeans. So, very business casual, but not sloppy.
Please no 😛Ohh okay, so no yoga pants or leggings or sweats etc right?
Wow that seems weird that anyone would care what you wear to class...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I was told, students are supposed to be professional at all times, or something.
Here's the page from the latest student handbook on dress https://vet.purdue.edu/student-services/handbook/PVMAttireGuidelines.pdf
Here's the page from the latest student handbook on dress https://vet.purdue.edu/student-services/handbook/PVMAttireGuidelines.pdf
When paired with the right top, I think plain black yoga pants can be confused for fitted nice black pants [emoji7]Ohh okay, so no yoga pants or leggings or sweats etc right?
I think it's worth the risk of trying it out!!When paired with the right top, I think plain black yoga pants can be confused for fitted nice black pants [emoji7]
HI Everyone ... Quick Question. I have not received a rejection nor invitation to interview up until now .. However, I was asked for my Fall semester grades at the end of December. Any Thoughts?
THANKSSS 🙂
THANKSSS 🙂
Was anyone else asked for their fall grades? I wasn't...HI Everyone ... Quick Question. I have not received a rejection nor invitation to interview up until now .. However, I was asked for my Fall semester grades at the end of December. Any Thoughts?
THANKSSS 🙂