Purdue c/o 2019

Started by Gwenevre
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI Everyone ... Quick Question. I have not received a rejection nor invitation to interview up until now .. However, I was asked for my Fall semester grades at the end of December. Any Thoughts?

THANKSSS 🙂
Sorry! I should have also replied to you Butterfly750 - Purdue required everyone to choose an interview date by December 22nd so I think you're out for this round 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck everyone! My interviewers last year were fantastic! Just go in and act like you already know these people and you'll be set 🙂
 
My interview went really well. I had great interviews and the school was so great and everyone was friendly. I also got to sit in on the applications and integrations class there and it was great to see a vet school problem based learning class in action. I even knew some of the physiology as the vet students decided on various mechanisms that would cause the theoretical symptoms that were displayed in the problem with the imaginary dog.
 
Last edited:
Actually, most of the cases we work on in class are real. They were real cases admitted to the hospital in previous years. After we do all the imaginary footwork we get to see what the doctors did in real life and what happened to the patients good or bad :cat:
 
Yep! So just don't take it personally if they die lol. That's just what happened in real life. Gets you prepared for clinicals.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the attire is for the banquet? My parents don't know what they should wear haha.
 
The students dress formal....but then again we're hosting sooo yeah. I guess it depends on how nice your church clothes are.
 
Anyone know how many days it takes him to call everyone? I'm just wondering for my own sanity haha.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called admissions and spoke to Amanda. She said we should be receiving emails by the end of next week!
 
Maybe they're doing IS first
Last year it seemed to be a mix of both IS and OOS, though it could certainly be IS first this time around.

For those who are waiting, don't despair! He started on a Wednesday night last year and made calls all the way until Monday, so just sit tight, try to keep busy, and hopefully you will get a call! 🙂
 
Last year it seemed to be a mix of both IS and OOS, though it could certainly be IS first this time around.

For those who are waiting, don't despair! He started on a Wednesday night last year and made calls all the way until Monday, so just sit tight, try to keep busy, and hopefully you will get a call! 🙂
Do you know if he made calls during the weekend?
 
Did anyone else feel like their interview was just quizzing and completely over-the-top kind of pressure and ridiculous questions? My interview really did not go well -- which has not been the case at any other school -- and i heard everyone say their interviews here were so chill and conversational, but i had dr reed as an interviewer and he was just so harsh...and it was far from laid back .... i am assuming i am the only one but i figured i would ask and see!
 
Did anyone else feel like their interview was just quizzing and completely over-the-top kind of pressure and ridiculous questions? My interview really did not go well -- which has not been the case at any other school -- and i heard everyone say their interviews here were so chill and conversational, but i had dr reed as an interviewer and he was just so harsh...and it was far from laid back .... i am assuming i am the only one but i figured i would ask and see!
Let me ease your fears a bit. Last year when I interviewed, everyone around me was coming out of rooms with wide ear-to-ear smiles and was saying how conversational and laid-back it was. I sighed in relief, thought of how good my other 2 interviews went, and entered my interview room. I was grilled over and over and over again by two vets who were completely unyielding and I was so taken aback that I stuttered through some of it and then broke down when I exited the room. A few weeks later, and I surprisingly got a phone call.

It's different for everyone, but the main point is that just because it seemed bad or really really hard, doesn't mean it actually went poorly. It could have just been the style of your interviewers. So don't lose hope! 🙂
 
Did anyone else feel like their interview was just quizzing and completely over-the-top kind of pressure and ridiculous questions? My interview really did not go well -- which has not been the case at any other school -- and i heard everyone say their interviews here were so chill and conversational, but i had dr reed as an interviewer and he was just so harsh...and it was far from laid back .... i am assuming i am the only one but i figured i would ask and see!
My interview was the complete opposite. My interviewers were very conversational and laid back! I had 3 interviews and Purdue was by far my favorite one!
 
Let me ease your fears a bit. Last year when I interviewed, everyone around me was coming out of rooms with wide ear-to-ear smiles and was saying how conversational and laid-back it was. I sighed in relief, thought of how good my other 2 interviews went, and entered my interview room. I was grilled over and over and over again by two vets who were completely unyielding and I was so taken aback that I stuttered through some of it and then broke down when I exited the room. A few weeks later, and I surprisingly got a phone call.

It's different for everyone, but the main point is that just because it seemed bad or really really hard, doesn't mean it actually went poorly. It could have just been the style of your interviewers. So don't lose hope! 🙂
It's totally true and I felt so bad for her. But it all worked out, so don't fret too much.
 
Did anyone else feel like their interview was just quizzing and completely over-the-top kind of pressure and ridiculous questions? My interview really did not go well -- which has not been the case at any other school -- and i heard everyone say their interviews here were so chill and conversational, but i had dr reed as an interviewer and he was just so harsh...and it was far from laid back .... i am assuming i am the only one but i figured i would ask and see!

I had a very similar experience!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let me ease your fears a bit. Last year when I interviewed, everyone around me was coming out of rooms with wide ear-to-ear smiles and was saying how conversational and laid-back it was. I sighed in relief, thought of how good my other 2 interviews went, and entered my interview room. I was grilled over and over and over again by two vets who were completely unyielding and I was so taken aback that I stuttered through some of it and then broke down when I exited the room. A few weeks later, and I surprisingly got a phone call.

It's different for everyone, but the main point is that just because it seemed bad or really really hard, doesn't mean it actually went poorly. It could have just been the style of your interviewers. So don't lose hope! 🙂
Ah i broke down immediately after mine too!!! (something ive never done before!) You did really just ease my fears a good bit..not that i am convinced i'll get in haha it seemed to be such a horrid interview!..but it is good to know that there is some possibility left that i could SOMEHOW hear good news of some sort!!! Bc i really did fall in love with Purdue's program... but either way, i suppose what's meant is meant. Thank you sooo much for your sharing your experience!!
 
Congrats to everyone who's gotten in! Can't wait to meet you guys next year 🙂 and you'd actually be surprised how many people in my class chose to come to purdue over their instate because they liked their interview experience so much! It really is like family here. And funny thing, the year I was accepted mypurdue made a mistake and told some of the people they had gotten in before the dean called. So everyone got called in a matter of a few days because a lot of people panicked that their mypurdue didn't tell them they got in.
 
Did anyone else feel like their interview was just quizzing and completely over-the-top kind of pressure and ridiculous questions? My interview really did not go well -- which has not been the case at any other school -- and i heard everyone say their interviews here were so chill and conversational, but i had dr reed as an interviewer and he was just so harsh...and it was far from laid back .... i am assuming i am the only one but i figured i would ask and see!
I talked with a girl during the interview who had Dr. Reed as well, and she said something along the same lines of what you said. My interview wasn't like that at all. It wasnt completely relaxed but I didn't really feel much pressure from my interviewers at Purdue.