-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2025 Applicants
Started by arialexis
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IS Waitlist! Please let us know if you are giving up your seat, both IS and OOS are on the same waitlist I believe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kahlia
Full Member
Haha I was waitlisted at Purdue but also accepted to Cornell, admissions is WILDi got rejected from purdue but accepted to cornell, so first- congrats on getting into both!!!! second, visiting the cornell lab of ornithology has also been a dream of mine since i was in middle school and i got to see it in person last month when i drove around ithaca. youre going to love it!!!!!!!!!!!! whichever school you choose though, youll no doubt get a great education, so i would definitely think long and hard about that $70,000 price difference. congrats!!!!
same 🙁 I haven't received anything yet. Is there a portal we can check our status?Are they sending emails in waves? I still haven’t gotten anything
Does anybody know if they call if you are taken off the waitlist, or is it an email
The email said IS alternate so I’m assuming there are two lists...IS Waitlist! Please let us know if you are giving up your seat, both IS and OOS are on the same waitlist I believe
CallDoes anybody know if they call if you are taken off the waitlist, or is it an email
I'm so excited to see we're both alternates!!I’m an alternate as well! A lot of vets I’ve worked for were waitlisted!
Fingers crossed for you guys!I'm so excited to see we're both alternates!!
bullcharmel
Full Member
Can any current students speak on the anatomy labs/ in person material vs. online material? I'm really looking for a vet school that is trying hard to give students this in person chance to learn. I am considering declining my IS seat at OSU for Purdue as I think Purdue has advertised more in person learning.
Does anyone have any thoughts? I am also still considering Cornell (but big $$).
Does anyone have any thoughts? I am also still considering Cornell (but big $$).
Someone from one of the other years might be able to give better information about the actual anatomy in class/online material and how that's working, but I do know that Purdue currently is looking to "de-dedensify" next semester and we've been told that more classes will likely be in person. Since anatomy labs are already (mostly) in person now, I imagine it'll be even more in-person in the next few semesters.Can any current students speak on the anatomy labs/ in person material vs. online material? I'm really looking for a vet school that is trying hard to give students this in person chance to learn. I am considering declining my IS seat at OSU for Purdue as I think Purdue has advertised more in person learning.
Does anyone have any thoughts? I am also still considering Cornell (but big $$).
Last semester almost everything for us first years were in person. Anatomy lab is split into 2 halves. It was a little trial and error at first, but the first semester anatomy professor is great and took our suggestions and actually made it work to give us more hands on experience. The amount of material that is needed to be covered this semester couldn't be budged, so half do one lab, and half of our group does the next lab. It's a little more challenging but my class has been super helpful with posting material to our shared drive for anatomy such as videos of disections and etc.Can any current students speak on the anatomy labs/ in person material vs. online material? I'm really looking for a vet school that is trying hard to give students this in person chance to learn. I am considering declining my IS seat at OSU for Purdue as I think Purdue has advertised more in person learning.
Does anyone have any thoughts? I am also still considering Cornell (but big $$).
All of our veterinary skills labs are in person as well.
And the goal is to always plan the next semester as "normal" until the University tells them the restrictions. Purdue does a really great job of trying to get as much as they can in person, imo.
I have no idea what cornells plans are but as someone from NY, I know the states regulations are a lot tighter than Indiana
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but do any current students have the specs for the computer that you have to get through the school?
It's a specific computer that you have to buy through Purdue. Exact model is decided at a later date and tends to change very slightly between years. Generally it's been a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga but beyond that it's pretty unknown until they send you the info directly.
jeff321
Full Member
Thank you!It's a specific computer that you have to buy through Purdue. Exact model is decided at a later date and tends to change very slightly between years. Generally it's been a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga but beyond that it's pretty unknown until they send you the info directly.
acleaves49
New Member
I wonder if they’ll have any zoom meetings about housing and finding roommates? I have no idea where to start!Anyone start to look at housing? A lot of the really good places are filling up!
No, most everything is via email but I would call to update itDoes it matter if the postal address below my name in the acceptance email is wrong? The address itself is correct but the state isn’t. Should I be worried? Or does Purdue send all of their materials through email?
I met my roommates on the Facebook group and I believe many of my classmates did the sameI wonder if they’ll have any zoom meetings about housing and finding roommates? I have no idea where to start!
alexrmeyer
Purdue CVM c/o 2025
I have a groupme going with a couple of people I know have already accepted (I am in state and currently a Purdue undergrad). If anyone has accepted and is interested in getting in touch with people sooner rather than later, feel free to message me on here and I will connect you to the group
Question fir the current students: what are scholarship opportunities like for 2-4 yr students, especially merit based ones? Some schools (such as Davis and Cornell that I know of, possibly more) actively work on scholarship for the students so that each student can expect to get about 6-7k per year from various funding sources. Is there a similar prospect for Purdue students? Any input will be much appreciated!
Perfect, I will, thank you!!No, most everything is via email but I would call to update it
jarjarprevet
Full Member
Is there a facebook group or something for accepted students?
alexrmeyer
Purdue CVM c/o 2025
There will be one, I think they’ll send it to us shortly. I have a groupme with 7 accepted students. DM me and I can add youIs there a facebook group or something for accepted students?
Is anyone here declining their IS seat? We don't have numbers but I think it would give a general idea of how much it'll move
They usually mail an acceptance letter which is really just the letter saying - congrats, you got in.Are they going to send formal mail acceptances with more info about the program or only the email?
The email they send out will have the majority of the info in it. Eventually, you will get more emails about orientation, laptops, etc. after accepting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hate that we can't know our rank...Is anyone here declining their IS seat? We don't have numbers but I think it would give a general idea of how much it'll move
alexrmeyer
Purdue CVM c/o 2025
I would email admissions and askDoes anyone know when the further zoom info sessions will be? Possibly (hopefully) before the April 15th dealine?
OOS acceptance here! Got the call ~2 weeks? ago. Super exciting, no other school called me or sent a paper acceptance but they did both. Leaning on going here heavily
They sent an email with the 1,2,3,4th year student Q&A's and the ones with the other department heads etc too. They're private youtube linksDoes anyone know when the further zoom info sessions will be? Possibly (hopefully) before the April 15th dealine?
bullcharmel
Full Member
Did anyone get the email about financial aid awards? I did but I have no idea what my "Purdue career account" log in is? I'm not sure if it is something from VMCAS or the application status page. Did I miss something
You have to set up the account. You need to use the PUID financial aid sent. They told me last year that the temporary password I needed was in my admissions letter but I honestly don't remember if that was the case.Did anyone get the email about financial aid awards? I did but I have no idea what my "Purdue career account" log in is? I'm not sure if it is something from VMCAS or the application status page. Did I miss something
Account Setup
bullcharmel
Full Member
Thank you so much!You have to set up the account. You need to use the PUID financial aid sent. They told me last year that the temporary password I needed was in my admissions letter but I honestly don't remember if that was the case.
Thank you!!! I don’t understand why but all the links they sent in their emails are to the login page, which does not have a link to account setup 🙄Account Setup
www.purdue.edu
Same for me!I am, just waiting on financial aid from all programs before I make anything official.
This is a totally random question, and I really hope it's not offensive to any horse owners/lovers if it happens to be stupid....
I've been dreaming of learning to ride a horse since a little girl, but I've spent my whole life in big cities. Are there horseback riding experiences available in vet school for beginners? I know some students bring their own horses, so I imagine there are stables near the vet school? Can somebody share some experience at that? Thank you!!!
I've been dreaming of learning to ride a horse since a little girl, but I've spent my whole life in big cities. Are there horseback riding experiences available in vet school for beginners? I know some students bring their own horses, so I imagine there are stables near the vet school? Can somebody share some experience at that? Thank you!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You MIGHT be able to get involved with the undergraduate IHSA program if they allow grad students to be involved in their club. Otherwise, you can just research the area and find a place to take lessons at!This is a totally random question, and I really hope it's not offensive to any horse owners/lovers if it happens to be stupid....
I've been dreaming of learning to ride a horse since a little girl, but I've spent my whole life in big cities. Are there horseback riding experiences available in vet school for beginners? I know some students bring their own horses, so I imagine there are stables near the vet school? Can somebody share some experience at that? Thank you!!!
I emailed Lori a few days ago about the additional Zoom sessions for admitted students and she indicated that we should be getting an email today about them! Keep an eye on your emails 🙂
alexrmeyer
Purdue CVM c/o 2025
My friend in the vet nursing program takes lessons at a stable in LafayetteThis is a totally random question, and I really hope it's not offensive to any horse owners/lovers if it happens to be stupid....
I've been dreaming of learning to ride a horse since a little girl, but I've spent my whole life in big cities. Are there horseback riding experiences available in vet school for beginners? I know some students bring their own horses, so I imagine there are stables near the vet school? Can somebody share some experience at that? Thank you!!!
LaineyLou
Full Member
Hey everyone! I’m looking for someone to join a 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom lease at the Lark Townhomes. We’ve got one room available. This place is fully furnished and there is a clubhouse with basketball, work out room, pool and hot tub. Rent is DOWN TO $499 a month rn! Utilities run 60-80 bucks a month ish. I’ll be a first year vet student and the other two people in the townhome are going to be first years as well! We will also have two cats living with us and can’t have any more pets. Please text me if you’re interested at 248-880-1202.