Purdue c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when final decisions are released?
I got an email that said it would be mid-February.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
an email after completing the interview?
Yes, I completed mine about a week ago and just got an email confirmation yesterday stating that we’d be hearing back mid-February.

Members don't see this ad :)
For people that have already completed the interview, would you say the questions were generalized - or would you say that they were tailored to the experiences listed on your CV and written about in your essays?

For people that have already completed the interview, would you say the questions were generalized - or would you say that they were tailored to the experiences listed on your CV and written about in your essays?
Definitely generalized. I think everyone gets the same questions

Reactions: 2 users
At the end of the interview they said mid February we would here back
The dean will send out personal calls to people they are offering admissions. Last year I got my call on 02/14/20 and I believe that was the first day calls went out. Calls took about a weekish to complete. After all calls go out an offical offer e-mail will be sent to those accepted. Those not accepted will recieve an e-mail indicating waitlist or rejection after admissions calls go out. You have until May 15th to accept or turn down your offer.

Just finished the interview. It was the first real interview I've every had (and of course its not even in person) so it was extremely nerve wracking, especially because I think I screwed up the first 2 questions. Oh well, I'm trying not to dwell on it.

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished the interview. It was the first real interview I've every had (and of course its not even in person) so it was extremely nerve wracking, especially because I think I screwed up the first 2 questions. Oh well, I'm trying not to dwell on it.
I finished mine yesterday too, it was weird! I definitely screwed up some and I wonder if it’s because there was no one watching me in the moment so I let myself slip up a little bit

I finished mine yesterday too, it was weird! I definitely screwed up some and I wonder if it’s because there was no one watching me in the moment so I let myself slip up a little bit
I agree! I screwed up a bit and lost my train of thought at one point completely! I feel like if I was actually having a conversation with a person, it would have been so much easier to focus and say what I wanted to! 😣

I agree! I screwed up a bit and lost my train of thought at one point completely! I feel like if I was actually having a conversation with a person, it would have been so much easier to focus and say what I wanted to! 😣
I completely agree, having an actual person would have been great, but I wouldn't be discouraged! You never know what they might see in your interview that they like about you! And I'm pretty sure the rest of our applications are still factored into decision making too so even if your interview wasn't the strongest you would definitely still have a chance at being accepted!

I did mine yesterday too. Honestly, it might be the worst interview I have ever did in my life I never struggled with interviews before so this is rough. I didn’t have enough time to finish my thoughts and the counting time down makes me lose my train of thoughts doesn’t help either

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Somewhat off-topic but does anyone what "hooknoses" means in the course "CPB 86900: Vet Public Health & Hooknoses"? I'm so stumped.

• Hmm
Somewhat off-topic but does anyone what "hooknoses" means in the course "CPB 86900: Vet Public Health & Hooknoses"? I'm so stumped.
I did a quick search of just the course code and it looks like it's a typo and should read Zoonoses

• Haha
Just a reminder that this style of interviewing is new to the admissions team too! They probably think it is as weird as you do, so I am sure they are taking into account how weird it is for everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Since all the video interviews had to be submitted by January 10th, does anyone know if we may hear decisions sooner than previous years?

Since all the video interviews had to be submitted by January 10th, does anyone know if we may hear decisions sooner than previous years?
I think I remember in the ending video she said mid Feb

I did the Snapshot. I got an email from CASPer a week after I took the actual test saying one of the schools I listed required the Snapshot but they couldn't say which one, so naturally I freaked out and did the Snapshot that day. The next morning, I got a follow-up email from CASPer saying that they made a mistake and actually none of the six schools I listed needed it... :rolleyes: I'm not sure if it helps you to do "extra" or if the schools will even look at the Snapshot if it isn't required. For what it's worth, I thought the questions were way easier than the actual CASPer, but I still probably wouldn't have done it if they hadn't told me it was required.
Hello,
How did you find the Casper Snapshot? Any tips on succeeding in it? Is it just regular interview question?

Does anyone think we will find out this week or most likely next week?

Does anyone think we will find out this week or most likely next week?
One of my professors canceled class tomorrow for an "admissions retreat" (whatever that means) -so definitely soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anybody heard anything about acceptances yet? This (historically) should be the weekend!

A TA today seemed shocked when I said we weren't going to hear this weekend and when I said that we hadn't heard anything yet, he told me they wouldn't start calling until after class. Every person you talk to says something different

A TA today seemed shocked when I said we weren't going to hear this weekend and when I said that we hadn't heard anything yet, he told me they wouldn't start calling until after class. Every person you talk to says something different

This wait is awful!

Waiting another week would absolutely suck when we've been led to believe it would be this weekend
This was the weekend we heard last year, but it is not set in stone. I'm not surprised you guys haven't heard since interview invites were sent a week later than typical. The staff have a lot more on their plates this year. Plus, the dean takes time out of his own schedule go call eveeryone. I know how excruciating it is - I was there last year! Hang in there!

This was the weekend we heard last year, but it is not set in stone. I'm not surprised you guys haven't heard since interview invites were sent a week later than typical. The staff have a lot more on their plates this year. Plus, the dean takes time out of his own schedule go call eveeryone. I know how excruciating it is - I was there last year! Hang in there!

Last year my rejection came the 18th so I’m hoping and praying for early good news!

• Care
Do we know if he always starts on a Friday or could the calls begin tomorrow?

I would assume they'll stick with starting calls on Friday but since their timetable has been pushed back a week, I'd imagine they would also start their calls a week later. I would be very surprised if they started calls in the middle of the week though, simply because of the Dean's schedule.

But honestly it's anyone's guess at this point.

I would assume they'll stick with starting calls on Friday but since their timetable has been pushed back a week, I'd imagine they would also start their calls a week later. I would be very surprised if they started calls in the middle of the week though, simply because of the Dean's schedule.

But honestly it's anyone's guess at this point.
I’d agree with this statement.

Does anyone know if there will be more info sessions (or videos uploaded or places where we can read about Purdue in more depth) e.g. meet faculty, campus tour, curriculum, extracurricular opportunities?

Does anyone know if there will be more info sessions (or videos uploaded or places where we can read about Purdue in more depth) e.g. meet faculty, campus tour, curriculum, extracurricular opportunities?
Not as far as I know; however, you can always feel free to reach out to myself or the other current students who have offered to talk. My PM is always open if you have any specific questions or if you just want to talk about Purdue/anything in general. My class was the first one under the new curriculum, so I do have some insight on that as well.

Don't know if you've found any of these places yet but I'll link them here anyway

Curriculum: Curriculum
Clubs: PVM Student Organizations
Student Engagement/Events: Student-Led Events, Tutors and Class Representatives
Purdue's Veterinary Study Abroad Program: Global Engagement

CALLS HAVE STARTED
I have not received one but my friend just did! Here we go! She's in state

• Wow
Well at least this is a good instance to be proved wrong. Good luck!