Purdue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One more day with no answer. This sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing for me either... My mail usually comes in the AM and it wasn't there when I left for Knoxville at 12 noon.

Acceptance letter came today in the mail. I had no phone call. Out of state. However I will be declining since I have been accepted instate at NC State. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, congratulations. That's like half a dozen out of staters just on this little message board.

Just curious.Does anyone know if there were any rejections after the interviews dates at Purdue? Or were they all either acceptances or alternates?

I posted on the acceptance thread last night, but the letter came yesterday.

edenk,

Yes! I am definitely still interested! I know of some Indiana residents who are looking for roommates, but they have a 5-10 minute drive to campus everyday. They also live in a house so the rent is higher for each person.

Living in an apartment with a roommate will be cheaper and the apartment's proximity to the school is a bonus too (I really want to live within walking distance from campus).

I would very much like to keep in touch with you. You can send me PMs and I'll do the same. :)

Purdue runs tons of buses every five minutes. even if you live two miles away (in Lafayette, which is much quieter than W. Lafayette), you can hop on the trolley (both bus and trolley are free to all Purdue students) and jet across town (they run every ten minutes). Houses/Apartments in W. Lafayette are more expensive than those across the Wabash in Lafayette. Just something to think about. I've been a grad. student here for three years. Let me know if you have any questions.

My SO lives on the outskirts of W. Lafayette and it only takes about 10 minutes driving to get to campus, so there's lots of housing options that are very do-able in the area.

Thanks for the advice! It helps to hear from people who have had experience with the housing situation in lafayette/w. lafayette.

hey all---

i'm trying to decide between tufts and purdue. i was wondering if anyone who got accepted into purdue could post why they picked purdue and why they'd chose it over another program

i'm biased for tufts because of the wildlife center! tufts also isn't in the midwest, but will be more expensive living/eating. i have taken four of purdue's first-year veterinary courses--Princ. of Pharmacology, Veterinary Neuroscience, and Princ. of Cell and Tissue Design I and II. All are challenging courses. I learned most in Princ. of Cell and Tissue Design--by the end of the course, you can look at any organ and analyze it down to its microscopic elements and functions. it's what you make of it. a lot of the vet students at purdue complain about the courses, about some instructors being unclear and some exams being too difficult, but from my experience the instructors have all been very receptive and generous in their grading. it helps to show you are motivated and indeed interested in the work (as you should be).

Hi,
I was also accepted into both Purdue and Tufts. I felt like they had very similar programs.
You can see my pro/con list for Tufts under the Tufts vs Penn thread.

The list I made fo Purdue is as follows:
Pros:
class size 60--individual attention
case based study 3x per week
high surgical opportunities
can work in hospital early on
case load is 13,000--40,000 including ambulatory
nice facilities all connected
Cons:
terminal procedures used
hard to get to W. Lafayette from East Coast
students are tracked

Feel free to add to this list. My main reason for not attending Purdue was the distance--I felt really comfortable in the area and it seems like they have a very strong program.

Good luck deciding!