Questions about Columbia

gras10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow SDN users! If anyone has interviewed at Columbia, or is just knowledgeable about the school, I would love to get some opinions on whether or not you thought it was worth it for me to send an application, or if i would be better off just saving the money.

So my background info:

I have a 3.76 overall GPA, and 3.66 sGPA. I scored a 25 on my dat in AA, TS, and PAT. I like to think I have a strong PS and letters, and about 200 hours of quality volunteer/community service. The only thing thats holding me back, is my shadowing hours are relatively low at around 40.

Do you think my stats are good enough to make up for the lack of shadowing? Or is it worth giving it a shot and sending in an app?

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would definitely send my app in! Columbia really looks at the DAT and your scores are amazing! Unfortunately I can't tell you very much about the school from personal experience because my interview is not until next week, but I would send it in if I were you

Thanks for the response! Do they really rely that heavily on DAT?

Also if you don't mind, could you send me a PM after your interview and let me know a little more about the school...things you liked and didn't like, stuff like that? Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm well looking at the Columbia stats from ADEA, it seems that their average GPA is slightly lower than the avg (~3.5) while their avg DAT is an insane 22, so I would say they weigh DAT more heavily than most other schools. And of course, I will PM you after my interview!

I'd apply. I received an interview shortly after I applied and my stats are lower than yours. They weigh a lot on DAT

My scores:
23 AA 23 TS 21 PAT
3.4 sGPA, 3.6 GPA

I absolutely loved the school. Let me know if you have any questions