Rank the following Michigan schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlashMed13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please rank the following MD schools in Michigan:

CMU
MSU
WSU
OUWB

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For the purposes that OP is interested in (prestige cost location match impact etc), i dont think any of those 4 will be significantly different.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP are you OOS?

From a Michigander standpoint... I'd say:

WSU
OU
MSU
CMU

All four are great schools, CMU is basically brand new though. Wayne State is definitely the best option IMO. PM me if you need more info on the cities/locations/etc.

OP are you OOS?

From a Michigander standpoint... I'd say:

WSU
OU
MSU
CMU

All four are great schools, CMU is basically brand new though. Wayne State is definitely the best option IMO. PM me if you need more info on the cities/locations/etc.

Another Michigander, and I generally agree with this ranking. However, none of these schools are highly ranked enough to have a big "prestige" factor. Do you have a location preference? You will live in vastly different environments and serve very different populations at these schools. WSU will provide you with the most urban environment in Michigan. CMU's mission is to provide care in rural, underserved areas of central and northern Michigan. OU is located in a nicer suburb of Detroit. With MSU, you could be in either Grand Rapids or Lansing.

Another Michigander, and I generally agree with this ranking. However, none of these schools are highly ranked enough to have a big "prestige" factor. Do you have a location preference? You will live in vastly different environments and serve very different populations at these schools. WSU will provide you with the most urban environment in Michigan. CMU's mission is to provide care in rural, underserved areas of central and northern Michigan. OU is located in a nicer suburb of Detroit. With MSU, you could be in either Grand Rapids or Lansing.

Agreed. You also get the full spectrum of class sizes.

CMU - 104
OUWB - 125
MSU - around 200
WSU - around 300

Easy one here: I am from Michigan student who has spent significant time researching these programs:

WSU>OU>>>MSU>>>>CMU

Reactions: 1 users