RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha well it looks like it worked out okay! I sent you a pm but I'm on my phone and I couldn't tell if it went through but I drove by today and saw abhuge truck and was like " I bet SOV got his furniture! Finally" glad it worked out. $750 to shuttle furniture in would have been ridiculous :)
Well, I convinced them to double park at first, and eventually people moved their cars away (probably afraid of my furniture falling on their cars!) so it worked out in the end! You should have stopped by! I could have used the diversion.

we are setting up our new, larger fishtank today... Hope it doesn't go through the floor (please be ok please be ok).

Unfortunately we lost our cowfish in the move and my puffer looks like he's on his way out :( poor guys I feel so bad.

Good Luck on the fishtank. Sorry about losing the fish. Moving is definitely hard and stressful for our little ones. Hope the bunnies are all happy now.

MINNERBELLE - That is a great suggestion. I never heard of moving permits but after a little google search, even Philly has those permits. I will be sure to recommend those to the c/o 2015. I have moved almost 10 times in my adult life and never knew about that. Of course, the moving company probably should have known as well.

BUNNITY - I guess my driver doesn't know philly as well as you. Hell, he has only been in the U.S. 5 months.

Well, talk to you all in a few weeks. I have my work cut out for me!

Sorry for the long post. Must be procrastinating:sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

This weekend, I went to a winery with my fiance and most of the other M1's as well as a few M2's. While talking to a few people, the topic of birth years was brought up. When they found out I'm only 22 and engaged, I got a lot of, "You're only 22 and you're getting married? [insert disgusted look here]" Thanks for the support.

Today, I got a flat tire. But the flat tire was not because I hit a pothole, or ran over a nail. No, instead, my passenger side rear wheel was somehow stuck, meaning my tire wasn't turning while I was driving, therefore wearing away the tire as I drove. Luckily he was able to un-stick it and I could drive it home. Tomorrow, I get to figure out how to prevent that from happening in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, this bothers me most days but particularly today for some reason.

I know this girl who is also pre-vet and, like me, is a college freshman this fall. Both of us don't have clinical experience yet, but she is majorly rich, as in, more than I can comprehend. Her parents pay for her to go on all of these volunteer opportunities with exotics abroad, like pandas and dolphins and whatnot. My parents could probably afford only one of those in my lifetime, and with a lot of begging and extra chores on my part.

In addition she is crazy smart and hardly studies and gets high, high grades. Her SATs are great and she got into a great college (so did I, but with probably 100x the amount of work).

This is a pride issue, but I'm scared that when the time comes she will get into vet school and I won't. Twice or three times a year she posts about her amazing experiences abroad and I know that the sheer amount of those exotic opportunities will be interesting and will show commitment to the field she wants to go into (thank God I don't want to do zoo/exotics medicine).

She is also extremely cocky - she knows it, and we make fun of her for it, but it's hard to deal with when we already know she has so much.

So yeah. I feel inferior and insecure about vet school sometimes because of her. And it's stupid, I know, but I can't really control it. I'm just going to work as hard as I can and hopefully get a much wider variety of experiences than just exotics haha.

This is a pride issue, but I'm scared that when the time comes she will get into vet school and I won't. Twice or three times a year she posts about her amazing experiences abroad and I know that the sheer amount of those exotic opportunities will be interesting and will show commitment to the field she wants to go into (thank God I don't want to do zoo/exotics medicine).

So yeah. I feel inferior and insecure about vet school sometimes because of her. And it's stupid, I know, but I can't really control it. I'm just going to work as hard as I can and hopefully get a much wider variety of experiences than just exotics haha.

I know exactly how you feel, trust me. I've known several girls like her. But I grew up with little money, I've never been out of the country, I don't have any crazy exotic/abroad stories, I dropped out of college the first go around and didn't return for about 5 years...

And here I am. About to start my second year at UC Davis, after getting in on my first application cycle. Because I was dedicated, passionate, and worked my ass off - and the adcoms saw that. And they will see it in you, as well. :)

I totally feel you - that sucks balls! The last project I worked on before I quit my job was trying to establish whether our new transgenic mice were expressing a significantly higher amount of a particular gene...

about 500 mice in, I find out that actually nope, though the transgene is being expressed, the amount expressed is not enough to make these mice express a significantly higher amount compared to the endogenous.

genotyping, genomic copy number determination, and RT-pcr plus RT-qPCR for expression data. All the rxns other than qPCR were done in individual pcr tubes (not plates). FML. just labeling those 0.2ml tubes took up a good chunk of my life. Two years of anxiety (I was on the project from the veeery beginning including the cloning of the transgene) and that resulted in NADA.

Oh wow, that sucks. Now I feel bad for complaining! It was only 60 mice and a summer wasted for me. And I totally hate labeling those freaking PCR tubes. Especially when they expect my initials, exp number, and sample number. Um... I can only write so small! And though not as painful, I've labeled enough 1.5ml tubes to last me a million lifetimes.

She is also extremely cocky - she knows it, and we make fun of her for it, but it's hard to deal with when we already know she has so much.

Don't worry, it's not like there's a quota for how many students vet schools will take from one undergrad institution. You're not getting compared to that cocky b****, you're getting compared to everyone else who's applying. You don't have to get better grades than her. You just have to do well enough to be competitive (and sometimes not even). You don't have to get *better* experience than her. You just have to get well rounded experience and learn from them.

Maybe she does seem to have it all, but that cocky attitude I'm sure will bite her in the ass... like, perhaps bad LORs. Vet admissions look for professional development, not just how much experience someone bought, and that's where you can really shine. Just bragging about how she bottle fed a panda bear and how cool it was doesn't cut it for a PS. You can write a better PS by just talking about insights you've gained from client interactions at a "boring ole SA practice." Plus, there are several low cost ways to get really unique and awesome experience, and yes it takes more work to find those, but it's definitely possible! I mean, it's not her fault she was born rich and I don't think her accomplishments should be knocked down because of it... but it sounds like her attitude sucks. Flaunting what you were born with and not what you earned is quite tacky.

If she bothers you, just stay far away as much as you can, so that you don't turn into a worse person because of her.

Ok, this bothers me most days but particularly today for some reason.

I know this girl who is also pre-vet and, like me, is a college freshman this fall. Both of us don't have clinical experience yet, but she is majorly rich, as in, more than I can comprehend. Her parents pay for her to go on all of these volunteer opportunities with exotics abroad, like pandas and dolphins and whatnot. My parents could probably afford only one of those in my lifetime, and with a lot of begging and extra chores on my part.

In addition she is crazy smart and hardly studies and gets high, high grades. Her SATs are great and she got into a great college (so did I, but with probably 100x the amount of work).

Oh wow. This sounds exactly like one of my college friends - liked her a lot as a person but could not STAND being around her when talk of school or studies came up. She was the epitome of the "lazy genius" while I had to work for everything I got.

She was on the pre-vet path until junior year when she came down to dinner one day and said, "Well, I'm switching to pre-med." The reason? She JUST THEN realized that vets don't make enough money! :mad: :rolleyes: So basically, if the little rich girl you're describing wants to maintain her current lifestyle she might decide that veterinary medicine isn't the way to go.

If she bothers you, just stay far away as much as you can

Bluesails-You're a college freshman this fall!! awesome!

Are you going to the same school as her?? if so, GO MEET NEW FRIENDS. i'm assuming u know this girl from hs since you know her before college. i dropped all my hs friends who were like this because it is not worth having them as a friend. I mean, is she even nice? she doesnt sound like it. You will meet a ton of other people in all of your new classes (hopefully u arent going to a tiny college tho lol)

Is she going to a different school as you? problem solved. you dont even need an excuse to not hang out with her because you wont be near each other lol. the next step is DONT FB STALK HER lol i know it is hard because you want to see what she is up to but just dont do it at all. Hide her from your news feed so she doesn't come up and you wont be tempted to see her things.

People like her "feed" off of others because she knows she is rich and smart and has everything going her way...so far. Try and find some smart but modest friends once school starts!

Bluesails-You're a college freshman this fall!! awesome!

Are you going to the same school as her?? if so, GO MEET NEW FRIENDS. i'm assuming u know this girl from hs since you know her before college. i dropped all my hs friends who were like this because it is not worth having them as a friend. I mean, is she even nice? she doesnt sound like it. You will meet a ton of other people in all of your new classes (hopefully u arent going to a tiny college tho lol)

Is she going to a different school as you? problem solved. you dont even need an excuse to not hang out with her because you wont be near each other lol. the next step is DONT FB STALK HER lol i know it is hard because you want to see what she is up to but just dont do it at all. Hide her from your news feed so she doesn't come up and you wont be tempted to see her things.

People like her "feed" off of others because she knows she is rich and smart and has everything going her way...so far. Try and find some smart but modest friends once school starts!

Haha, I needed to hear this! I will go and hide her from my news feed right now.

Thankfully, she's not going to the same school as me. We got a little competitive when we were in the same class at one point.

And thanks for the morale boost to everyone!

:laugh: Since I posted right above you, I started reading this and thought it was directed to me at first! I was all: what did I ever do to that redhead? Then: Gosh, though, I did probably spend too much time on Facebook today. SDN, too. Wait! I didn't work today. Also, I don't have students. And I certainly didn't post anything like that today. Then it hit: Maybe she's talking about someone else?

Made me LOL after I figured it out, but for a second there....
:laugh: I'm so sorry you thought at at first! Love the thought process, though bahaha.

I was filling out the SCAVMA membership form today online, and of course middle name is mandatory...

I'm rather sick of reading my name as: Minnie N/A Tinkerbelle

Took my second organic test today. We got a study guide (yahoo, right?!?) that included everything we DIDN'T GO OVER during the class. Like all those random reagents in the book that no one spends time on? Yeah, ALL those were in the SG and then on my test. Which is fine, whatever (I guess), but then she put these applied spectroscopy problems on there. I'm pretty good at spectroscopy, but then she asks questions like "you have compound A (and gives you the IR for that one) and react it with x, y, then z and get compound b (no spectra), then react it with q and get c. what is the structure of compound c." Seriously? Really? I asked her about it and she goes "it was in the test bank"........WTF?

There goes my A :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Took my second organic test today. We got a study guide (yahoo, right?!?) that included everything we DIDN'T GO OVER during the class. Like all those random reagents in the book that no one spends time on? Yeah, ALL those were in the SG and then on my test. Which is fine, whatever (I guess), but then she put these applied spectroscopy problems on there. I'm pretty good at spectroscopy, but then she asks questions like "you have compound A (and gives you the IR for that one) and react it with x, y, then z and get compound b (no spectra), then react it with q and get c. what is the structure of compound c." Seriously? Really? I asked her about it and she goes "it was in the test bank"........WTF?

There goes my A :(

Ouch :( Is it orgo I or orgo II? I'm slogging through orgo II now, which I actually think isn't quite as bad as orgo I. Mostly because there are a lot of mechanisms, which are easy to get the hang of if you do them a million times

Ouch :( Is it orgo I or orgo II? I'm slogging through orgo II now, which I actually think isn't quite as bad as orgo I. Mostly because there are a lot of mechanisms, which are easy to get the hang of if you do them a million times

Orgo II. This is after a W (professor didn't believe in electronegativy...um, what?), D+ second time (smart man, awful professor) and now this. I really need that A since most vet schools average the two grades when you repeat a class.

Orgo is officially the bane of my existence. If vet schools still want me after this fiasco...:xf:

I don't know why I'm having such issues in orgo. My brain can't wrap itself around it. I'll study and think I understand stuff and then the test will have the material manipulated in weird ways. Thankfully it's almost over (TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!! Heck, I got through biochem already--I can do this!!!)

NStarz - best thing a prof ever told me was water runs downhill. Just think of orgo this way - everything wants to proceed in the easiest way possible. Instead of memorizing reagents and products focus on WHERE on the compound the reaction will LIKELY take place (most stable carbons, most reactive atoms, and least crowded areas), and which atoms are most likely to react (ie Oxygen is more likely to react than Carbon). Whether your prof believes in it or not, knowing the order of declining electronegativity will give you a good idea of what atoms are going to move around in the reaction. If you pay attention to your rules and know where the reaction SHOULD take place you'll do just fine.

And believe me, this is coming from someone who barely scraped by her first time through orgo :p Its not easy, but once you start recognizing WHERE the reaction should take place you can start looking at reactions and seeing the result in your head!

I was filling out the SCAVMA membership form today online, and of course middle name is mandatory...

I had middle name issues when I did my SCAVMA app a couple weeks ago. My middle name is Nicole, but for some reason the form kept dropping the e at the end so it was showing up as Nicol (which kind of sounds like a brand of cough syrup). After redoing the form five times, I finally got frustrated and submitted the form with Nicol as my middle name. And then I got an email from the SCAVMA people which basically said, "um, excuse me, do you not know how to spell your own name?" Sometimes having a middle name is overrated.

Orgo is officially the bane of my existence. If vet schools still want me after this fiasco...:xf:

I just wanted to put this out there. I still, to this day, don't believe I really and truly understand organic chemistry. I don't think I ever will. I did awful in it, and still managed to get into vet school. So there is hope.

I don't have a middle name either, but the government thinks my middle name is "Null."

I just wanted to put this out there. I still, to this day, don't believe I really and truly understand organic chemistry. I don't think I ever will. I did awful in it, and still managed to get into vet school. So there is hope.

Haha, good thing we don't actually have to know this stuff! I think it'd be really interesting if I could understand it :confused:

More of an issue for me (and probably for the vet schools) is that I've taken it almost three times--one W, one D+ and one TBD (most likely B+/A- range). I know this is a class that a lot of people struggle in so I'm hoping that my high-ish GPA (3.65) will convince them to look past my abyssmal organic chem history.

me too. and i have to say...walking through the chemistry building and seeing people cramming for their orgo exams outside the test room makes me feel SO much better about my life now that i'm done with that godforsaken class :D

Here's the thing. I did do quite well in O-Chem and was quite certain at the time that I understood it. Less than four months later, I looked back and had NO idea what the hell most of it meant. Which didn't really matter because it wasn't as if we needed to know any of it for Biochem anyway...

I have this theory that O-Chem is a completely nonsensical subject invented solely to test the dedication of wanna-be-vets (and doctors, dentists, pharmacists, whatever) around the world.

Rant-o-the-day: Living in a military town sucks. Almost all the guys here are pilots and tell girls that like it's something new and exciting. The problem is, if that guy were to look around him, 9 out of 10 other guys are also pilots...it's really not as impressive as they think it is. Then, when you find the ones that are cute and not stuck up (because a lot of them are), they have girlfriends or are married because for some reason if you are a guy in the military you have to get married ASAP. Here's where this relates to vet med. I'm a technician at a SA practice and am the only single employee so anytime a cute guy brings his dog in, the entire staff makes sure that I get the room and have as much time as possible. This happened yesterday, but again...military guy, very attractive, very nice, but moving today to San Diego. Stupid military lol

Haha, good thing we don't actually have to know this stuff! I think it'd be really interesting if I could understand it :confused:

More of an issue for me (and probably for the vet schools) is that I've taken it almost three times--one W, one D+ and one TBD (most likely B+/A- range). I know this is a class that a lot of people struggle in so I'm hoping that my high-ish GPA (3.65) will convince them to look past my abyssmal organic chem history.

I'm going to be the downer and say that I actually really like orgo and it made sense to me. It's probably making a lot more sense to you too than you realize-- bad tests happen, stupid professors happen.... don't get yourself down too bad. Going from a D+ up to an A- shows something is working for you. :) Adcoms will see that too.

I'm going to be the downer and say that I actually really like orgo and it made sense to me. It's probably making a lot more sense to you too than you realize-- bad tests happen, stupid professors happen.... don't get yourself down too bad. Going from a D+ up to an A- shows something is working for you. :) Adcoms will see that too.

I'm with Breenie on this one. I found O-chem fascinating, just didn't love memorizing mechanisms.

I wonder how much of my enjoyment is school/teacher specific. It wasn't easy but it was certainly better than trying to get calculus the first time. I feel lucky to have had a positive experience.

And, I can't understand how it is possible for Biochem not to be related to O-chem at all. Either the O-chem was needlessly esoteric or the Biochem was awfully basic.

Perhaps the point isn't that it's not related at all, but rather that there are a lot of mechanisms, techniques and reactions that you learn in ochem that are pretty much unnecessary for biochem. Some of them might be useful for a better understanding of pharmacology or some such thing, though...

edit: I loved organic chem 1 and the first part of organic chem 2 where we did NMR/IR and mass spec analysis. The rest of ochem 2 can fall off a cliff though.

Orgo II. This is after a W (professor didn't believe in electronegativy...um, what?), D+ second time (smart man, awful professor) and now this. I really need that A since most vet schools average the two grades when you repeat a class.

I don't know why I'm having such issues in orgo. My brain can't wrap itself around it. I'll study and think I understand stuff and then the test will have the material manipulated in weird ways. Thankfully it's almost over (TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!! Heck, I got through biochem already--I can do this!!!)

I'm in the same boat you are, then (TWO MORE WEEKS.), and I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the subject. I'm finding OCII a bit more intuitive, but I took OCI in summer session I, so it's all still very fresh in my head. Just keep reminding yourself only two more weeks. You can do it:)

And, I can't understand how it is possible for Biochem not to be related to O-chem at all. Either the O-chem was needlessly esoteric or the Biochem was awfully basic.

well, according to my grade differences in these classes, they are not related at all :laugh: but, i do think my bchm teacher sucked so that may have been part of it

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys! I really appreciate it someone else getting 'it.' My parents make fun of me (they're usually really great) about how much I complain about organic because I did it then I came home with a 94 on the last test. I worked my a** off for that grade and they think I can just pull it out of my butt again. I think I really am starting to understand it, the mechanisms are starting to become more intuitive, but I still don't think I'm really "getting it." Not sure. Only two more weeks though, so I can put this thing to rest, finally!

I dunno, I feel like people don't really understand how difficult this class is. If it comes naturally to you, great, but that's not most people. You can't really explain how much you possibly have to understand and not just memorize--and then apply all the stuff you weren't supposed to have memorized to new problems/syntheses. Ugh. (How are we supposed to know which reagents to use if we don't memorize anything? Really?)

My dad was funny yesterday...he's like: "They never you're going to need to know this. Why not just look it up in a book?" Oh, if only.

I'm with Breenie on this one. I found O-chem fascinating, just didn't love memorizing mechanisms.

I wonder how much of my enjoyment is school/teacher specific. It wasn't easy but it was certainly better than trying to get calculus the first time. I feel lucky to have had a positive experience.

I was lucky with professors. My first one was hilarious, sarcastic, and generally a good human being. He was very fair, and our class average was a BC/B (we have silly grades here), so you kind of had to try to fail. My second professor was this ancient old lady who was a great lecturer and you couldn't hate her because she was a badass grandma. Her class average was similar... but I go to a large university, and they kind of have a mandated grading scale.

I found ochem useful for biochem. The biochem I took wasn't the greatest, but I felt that the ochem helped with some of the mechanisms. Everything in biology is circular-- it all kind of relates back to each other eventually. That's how I feel, at least.

well, according to my grade differences in these classes, they are not related at all :laugh: but, i do think my bchm teacher sucked so that may have been part of it

I really had excellent professors for both, although they had completely different teaching styles. (My o-chem prof was very detail-oriented and my biochem prof was very big-picture oriented.)

Our biochem class was far from easy, but as long as you understood the basic ideas of how organic compounds react with one another you knew as much as you needed to know from o-chem. Our o-chem prof had pounded that into our brain so much along with all the esoteric mechanisms that it all seemed very intuitive and basic by the time we got to biochem. And our biochem prof was much more concerned that we understood what everything actually meant physiologically than knowing how to push arrows or knowing the names of the mechanisms, etc.

So I really shouldn't say that we didn't need to know o-chem at all. We just didn't need to remember any of the esoteric stuff. And it seems like so much of o-chem is quite esoteric. :)

I started the afternoon in a good mood as I began to clean the living room (it's been a pig sty for over nine months because of ONE person). As I was moving things around I came across some textbooks that belonged to this crappy roommate. I'm going through these books and go, "Oh, I guess she took Ochem." I open the book to a ripped up piece of paper that has oddly familiar questions on it and think, "These are ecology questions, why would she have taken that?" I keep flipping through the pages and, then, I felt my whole body go rigid.

A very specific post-it note with a very familiar tree frog on it was staring at me.

THIS IS MY ****ING OCHEM TEXTBOOK!

I looked at the next book in the pile.

THIS IS MY ****ING EVOLUTION TEXTBOOK!

This girl has been treating my room like her own personal book store. Thieving bitch!

I needed to put that out in the universe. I still haven't completely come to terms with this discovery. It's not everyday my personal space and rights get violated.

EDIT:

More things are missing, like my $130 biochemistry textbook.

I just filed a theft report with the police.

I think this is what shock feels like.

Last edited:
This girl has been treating my room like her own personal book store. Thieving bitch!

Back when I had four roomates, one of stole a router from one and clothes from the other... she also "borrowed" a lot of clothes without asking and stretched them out, ruining them. My two roomates were the quiet type who never wanted to cause any trouble so they never brought it up. If she had stolen my router or ruined some of my very expensive clothes, she'd be paying for all of it. I'm pretty sure more of their stuff than that went missing or got ruined but I can't remember the details.

Add me to the "I hate ochem" crowd. I am praying I pulled off a C this time around. Just a C. Then I never have to deal with it ever again. I actually hated ochem more than I hated Introduction to the Analysis of 20th Century Music back in undergrad!

Add me to the "I hate ochem" crowd. I am praying I pulled off a C this time around. Just a C. Then I never have to deal with it ever again. I actually hated ochem more than I hated Introduction to the Analysis of 20th Century Music back in undergrad!

I'm in the club too. Ochem was the bane of my existence. I have two W's on my transcript from trying to take Ochem2 online (hahahaha), and then trying to take it over the summer - probably would have worked, but I had to miss few days of the first week of class for health issues and got behind, and I decided not to risk flunking it. I scraped by with a C+ this spring. You can do it!

I guess I am a part of the "ochem was not that bad" wagon. I hated the NMR, IR, etc crap, but the reactions and mechanisms were kind of interesting to me. I still never want to have to take that class again, but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

My rant of the summer:

I have had knee issues since I was about 14ish. This summer my left knee has gotten really bad. I finally find out what is wrong with it and that I have to have surgery to correct the problem (and this problem is most likely in my right knee too) and I have no health insurance. :mad: Now I have to wait until I can either a) get Access (I probably make too much money) b) wait until my parents' health insurance adds me back on in January, because they are being stupid and not following the new health care bill c) Get insurance from my work which I just qualified for but it appears that the plans available to me are both crap. I hate health insurance stuff. I would really like to be able to walk around without a limp and be able to move without any pain or feeling like my knee is going to buckle out from under me. I guess if I have dealt with it for the past 8 years I can continue to deal with it for a few more months...:rolleyes:

I guess I am a part of the "ochem was not that bad" wagon. I hated the NMR, IR, etc crap, but the reactions and mechanisms were kind of interesting to me. I still never want to have to take that class again, but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

That's so weird, cause I'm really good at spectroscopy :) Sorry about your knees!

My own rant for the day:

I've been trying to get an externship (2 weeks) at a large general practice/emergency/other specialties facility (you can probably figure it out if you live in NJ, ha!). Sent in my application in March for an August externship. Heard back beginning of July (???) asking if I was still interested (duh!) and that they'd get back to me around July 12th. *cricket cricket* July 12th comes and goes, it's now August 5th and I haven't heard back from them yet. The externship is supposed to start in two weeks and I need a background check, a security badge, and I'm assuming some kind of orientation. I've e-mailed twice and called once and haven't heard back yet :( I know they're busy saving lives but it's getting a little frustrating! I have to bring my dogs in to see one of the vets tomorrow (darn allergies!) so I'm going to see if I can find someone there to talk to.

the kitten died.
(see post in "rave" thread)

I'm so sorry heylodeb. At least it had a few really good days in it's short life.:(

I'm so sorry heylodeb. At least it had a few really good days in it's short life.:(

Yeah, it was sad. Enuclation went great - recovering from the anesthesia was the hard part. His heart stopped beating during recovery and they couldn't resuscitate him... :( boo!

He did have a couple great days - just stinks sometimes!

I'm so sorry heylodeb - that's the worst when everything goes great but complications start during recovery! i'm sure the kitten was happy she went while in good hands.

Chest, stomach, back, legs, and upper arms. You would have thought I didn't use any sunscreen!

One of these days I'm going to accept my complexion and just wear a shirt.

lol. Mine is just my arms. I have a line where my shirt sleeve was, so now I have white shoulders and red arms, even though I used sunscreen on my arms. It was worth it though, tubing was fun, just needed more shade.

Fell down my apartment's awkward stairs today while carrying a load of laundry. Sprained my ankle.

Aww, sorry TheEvilShoe. Hope it feels better soon :)

I did not qualify for access (I am not really surprised but it sucks). Now I get to walk (I guess the more correct term would be limp) around in pain until January when I finally have health insurance so I can get surgery to correct my knee. I am getting so frustrated with this because I like to be active and I can not do the same things I am used to doing. :mad: