RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve been waiting for UPS to come and pick up boxes to ship all morning. They said they’d be here between 8-1 so I’ve literally just been waiting for them all day. I have to get my car serviced, make a good will drop, run by Home Depot, and go to trader joes to get car snacks and I can’t do any of that until they come.
I went to the bathroom for 2 minutes and UPS came and left. They didn’t even knock, or if they did, it wasn’t very loudly because I didn’t hear it.
I’m livid.
I called UPS and now they’ll be back by 3pm (they wanted to say by 5pm and I was like LOL NO I can’t sit here until 5 I’m driving across the country tomorrow and I have **** to do).
I’m angry crying rn. This is the last thing I needed.
Sitting for 4 hours and missed them in the 2 minutes it took me to pee. JFC
I hate UPS with a passion. The driver in the area I used to live just came to the apartments with a stack of sorry we missed you already filled out, stuck them on doors and left. If I wanted them to actually deliver something I had to wait at the window and watch for them because under no circumstances would they knock. They absolutely refuse to do their job and deserve a fiery pit in hell.

Fedex wasn't much better, they would frequently toss things on my second floor balcony, even if labeled fragile, often into the snow. It ruined a bunch of electronics.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I hate UPS with a passion. The driver in the area I used to live just came to the apartments with a stack of sorry we missed you already filled out, stuck them on doors and left. If I wanted them to actually deliver something I had to wait at the window and watch for them because under no circumstances would they knock. They absolutely refuse to do their job and deserve a fiery pit in hell.

Fedex wasn't much better, they would frequently toss things on my second floor balcony, even if labeled fragile, often into the snow. It ruined a bunch of electronics.
I've never had a problem with UPS. The drivers just leave whatever it is on the doorstep and go. That whole sorry we missed you s%*t sounds awful.

Reactions: 1 users
I've never had a problem with UPS. The drivers just leave whatever it is on the doorstep and go. That whole sorry we missed you s%*t sounds awful.
I ordered a weight bench, and they left the box in the parking lot at the base of the steps (2nd floor apartment), and it poured rain for 8 hours that day. The box was torn open, roaches got inside, water obviously got inside and started rusting the brand new weight bench. Also it was a PowerBlock weight bench to hold their Elite blocks, advertised as Made in USA. I called the company to verify on phone it was indeed made here. Box said "Made in China" on it. (This happens quite a lot actually.) I'm too clueless to know how to sue either the manufacturer for the false claim or UPS for damages to the bench. Too late now anyways.

I've low-key boycotted UPS since 2009. I've also had crap experience with USPS (probably worse than UPS actually), so I'm left with FedEx despite often higher prices. :shrug: I give up.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I ordered a weight bench, and they left the box in the parking lot at the base of the steps (2nd floor apartment), and it poured rain for 8 hours that day. The box was torn open, roaches got inside, water obviously got inside and started rusting the brand new weight bench. Also it was a PowerBlock weight bench to hold their Elite blocks, advertised as Made in USA. I called the company to verify on phone it was indeed made here. Box said "Made in China" on it. (This happens quite a lot actually.) I'm too clueless to know how to sue either the manufacturer for the false claim or UPS for damages to the bench. Too late now anyways.

I've low-key boycotted UPS since 2009. I've also had crap experience with USPS (probably worse than UPS actually), so I'm left with FedEx despite often higher prices. :shrug: I give up.
USPS has also screwed me over many a times, they gave my wedding pictures to the wrong people and they were never recovered (not that it matters now since I'm divorced :p ). I trust amazon to deliver their own products and that's about it.

Reactions: 3 users
USPS has also screwed me over many a times, they gave my wedding pictures to the wrong people and they were never recovered (not that it matters now since I'm divorced :p ). I trust amazon to deliver their own products and that's about it.
While I'm not surprised that quality peeps like you and Pippy are married (not to each other lol), I still don't forgive either of you for that crappy WW dick move a couple months ago. The salt is bone deep. :rage:

(Sorry about the lost pictures though. **** USPS competence and service.)

That sounds like a nightmare. I'd be maaaaaad if my product was damaged and I never got refunded. Did you atleast get notified that it arrived via email or anything?

Reactions: 1 user
I'd be peed about random people having my pics. Amazon has never failed me. There was this one incident where something I ordered never came but I got refunded.

That sounds like a nightmare. I'd be maaaaaad if my product was damaged and I never got refunded. Did you atleast get notified that it arrived via email or anything?
Bless your heart. :laugh:

I randomly woke up at midnight (or maybe I was working overnights back then) and went out in the pouring rain since I saw a huge box at the base of the steps ripped open and full of water.

Full disclosure: They tried to deliver it the day before but I was gone, so they left a note. My biggest mistake was I signed the note thingy waiving my rights. I was thinking "Just leave it in front of my door, no big deal." But they left it in the parking lot exposed to everything. Lazy POS driver. So it was my fault for naively thinking they'd deliver to the door like usual, but it was the driver's fault for being a lazy sack of **** and essentially tossing it out of the truck and being "Welp it's heavy, haha sucka, job done."

• Angry
  • Sad
While I'm not surprised that quality peeps like you and Pippy are married (not to each other lol), I still don't forgive either of you for that crappy WW dick move a couple months ago. The salt is bone deep. :rage:

(Sorry about the lost pictures though. **** USPS competence and service.)
Cool, I mean I don't see how it was a dick move but ok

Bless your heart. :laugh:

I randomly woke up at midnight (or maybe I was working overnights back then) and went out in the pouring rain since I saw a huge box at the base of the steps ripped open and full of water.

Full disclosure: They tried to deliver it the day before but I was gone, so they left a note. My biggest mistake was I signed the note thingy waiving my rights. I was thinking "Just leave it in front of my door, no big deal." But they left it in the parking lot exposed to everything. Lazy POS driver. So it was my fault for naively thinking they'd deliver to the door like usual, but it was the driver's fault for being a lazy sack of **** and essentially tossing it out of the truck and being "Welp it's heavy, haha sucka, job done."
Hope it wasn't super expensive :sorry:

Now I’m trying to responsibly dispose of random meds that I’ve found while packing and it’s way harder than it should be. Went to a CVS and they said they don’t dispose of meds. Went to a Walgreens, they said the same thing and that the closest Walgreens that does take meds for disposal is 2 miles away (not THAT far, but far enough that it’s pretty out of the way).
I’m trying to do the responsible thing here, esp since one of the meds I’m trying to dispose of is a topical antibiotic and another is hydrocodone, but I’m getting reallll close to throwing them in the trash.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I’m trying to responsibly dispose of random meds that I’ve found while packing and it’s way harder than it should be. Went to a CVS and they said they don’t dispose of meds. Went to a Walgreens, they said the same thing and that the closest Walgreens that does take meds for disposal is 2 miles away (not THAT far, but far enough that it’s pretty out of the way).
I’m trying to do the responsible thing here, esp since one of the meds I’m trying to dispose of is a topical antibiotic and another is hydrocodone, but I’m getting reallll close to throwing them in the trash.
Screenshot_2019-07-10-19-31-12(1).png

Last edited:
I don't know about your city, but our police station will take things like hydrocodone.

I’ll mix the hydrocodone with dirt in a ziplock and toss. That seems like a good idea.
Or flush em. Maybe I’ll flush em.
Honestly the one I’m most hesitant about tossing is the topical abx bc we don’t need more abx leeching into the environment. But also, is me tossing 3 yr old topical ointment really gonna be a big deal? Idkkkk

POLICE. that’s who takes all meds in my town.

I’ll mix the hydrocodone with dirt in a ziplock and toss. That seems like a good idea.
Or flush em. Maybe I’ll flush em.
Honestly the one I’m most hesitant about tossing is the topical abx bc we don’t need more abx leeching into the environment. But also, is me tossing 3 yr old topical ointment really gonna be a big deal? Idkkkk
Don’t uh...flush them... it’s terrible for the environment and local water supply. Mix them with kitty litter if you have to toss them

Seems better to throw in trash vs. sewer which just sends it back to the city's tap water. If you really had to choose.

Oh yeah I wouldn’t flush the abx. I’d just like them to actually be destroyed instead of leeching into the ground in a landfill.

Instructions unclear. Took all the pills, covered self in kitty litter, and jumped in the trash.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I just don’t get people who are hesitant to vaccinate. Not anti-vaxxers who are against every vaccine entirely. I obviously disagree, but I know that they take a stance that any vaccine is bad. I can understand their thought process, no matter how wrong it might be. But I see people come in frequently who are hesitant to vaccinate and will reluctantly do DA2PP, but fight tooth and nail against rabies. Then they’ll do bordetella and not really care because it’s oral and not a shot. It’s like, how did you form these beliefs and misunderstanding of how vaccines work? You’ve never heard of injection site sarcomas so that’s not the reason. Your pet has never personally had a reaction to an injection or an oral/intranasal vaccine so that’s not the reason. And no matter what we do we can’t convince you that your logic is flawed. And while DA2PP is a core vaccine, Lyme is actually a more prevalent disease in my area. You’d think these people would only do the vaccines that their pet is most at risk for. But there’s no rhyme or reason, and I can’t understand that.

I just don’t get people who are hesitant to vaccinate. Not anti-vaxxers who are against every vaccine entirely. I obviously disagree, but I know that they take a stance that any vaccine is bad. I can understand their thought process, no matter how wrong it might be. But I see people come in frequently who are hesitant to vaccinate and will reluctantly do DA2PP, but fight tooth and nail against rabies. Then they’ll do bordetella and not really care because it’s oral and not a shot. It’s like, how did you form these beliefs and misunderstanding of how vaccines work? You’ve never heard of injection site sarcomas so that’s not the reason. Your pet has never personally had a reaction to an injection or an oral/intranasal vaccine so that’s not the reason. And no matter what we do we can’t convince you that your logic is flawed. And while DA2PP is a core vaccine, Lyme is actually a more prevalent disease in my area. You’d think these people would only do the vaccines that their pet is most at risk for. But there’s no rhyme or reason, and I can’t understand that.

In regards to DA2PP vs Lyme you kind of answered your own question. They're more willing to get DA2PP because it's a core vaccine. Lyme is not. Ideally you might want them to do both but if they're only willing to do one, it makes sense to do the core vaccine.

In regards to DA2PP vs Lyme you kind of answered your own question. They're more willing to get DA2PP because it's a core vaccine. Lyme is not. Ideally you might want them to do both but if they're only willing to do one, it makes sense to do the core vaccine.
That’s the thing though. THEY don’t know it’s a core vaccine. They don’t know the diseases it protects for. We try to educate them on it, but between the diseases covered in DA2PP and Lyme, they know much more about Lyme and how bad it can be. These people come into the clinic for their first visit with us and have these beliefs before we can say anything about it. We of course do DA2PP unless someone specifically declines it, but it’s weird that they don’t really have good reasons for why they decline one vs the other.

That’s the thing though. THEY don’t know it’s a core vaccine. They don’t know the diseases it protects for. We try to educate them on it, but between the diseases covered in DA2PP and Lyme, they know much more about Lyme and how bad it can be. These people come into the clinic for their first visit with us and have these beliefs before we can say anything about it. We of course do DA2PP unless someone specifically declines it, but it’s weird that they don’t really have good reasons for why they decline one vs the other.

Maybe they don't know what diseases it protects against. Maybe they don't know what a "core vaccine" is. They may not even know it's called DA2PP. But there's a pretty good chance in my experience they do know that DA2PP is "what you get". Either because they've been to a vet before. Or they have a friend with a dog who told them. Or they went online to look up what vaccines their dog needed and the internet told them DA2PP was necessary but Lyme was optional.

Particularly in a case where someone knows a lot more about Lyme than the other diseases... chances are high they are aware that DA2PP is core--just maybe not in those terms--if they come in wanting that and not Lyme. (And if they come in wanting neither and you talk them into DA2PP then chances are it's a matter how the two were presented).

There is a LOT of debate, even amongst vets, about the lyme vaccine. I personally don't do it for my pets. The newer lyme vaccine may be more effective, but I'm willing to wait and see before giving it to my dogs. The old lyme vaccine is crap imho, and you will likely get a full lecture about that in the next 2.5 years.

Maybe they don't know what diseases it protects against. Maybe they don't know what a "core vaccine" is. They may not even know it's called DA2PP. But there's a pretty good chance in my experience they do know that DA2PP is "what you get". Either because they've been to a vet before. Or they have a friend with a dog who told them. Or they went online to look up what vaccines their dog needed and the internet told them DA2PP was necessary but Lyme was optional.

Particularly in a case where someone knows a lot more about Lyme than the other diseases... chances are high they are aware that DA2PP is core--just maybe not in those terms--if they come in wanting that and not Lyme. (And if they come in wanting neither and you talk them into DA2PP then chances are it's a matter how the two were presented).
That’s what annoys me. It’s that a lot of the time, they don’t really know what it is about vaccines that they don’t like. So much so that they don’t really question the ones they know they’re supposed to get. I have definitely had clients though who didn’t really know what they were and weren’t supposed to get aside from rabies, and left it up to us except for ones that they were staunchly against. Except the reasons they were against them didn’t really hold true anymore. For example, like skimble said, the old Lyme shot. There were problems with it. But the ones we use now are much better, even just looking at it anecdotally. I haven’t seen a single reaction reported to us, and haven’t seen any positive Lyme tests after. The only Lyme tests I’ve seen come back positive are from dogs who weren’t vaccinated, at least to our knowledge. And many of my clients who are against the Lyme vaccine and against chewable preventatives have had their dogs come back positive for Lyme (and/or ehrlichia and anaplasma).

So the thing that frustrates me is that they never seem to have a good reason, and it’s impacting their pets’ health. Not even in a long-term way that’s not really tangible to them, but in a way that they see the consequences of in the same year when they come back because their dog is lethargic and limping with no injury they can think of. And that’s just for the Lyme vaccine. It’s just tough to be a tech in the exam room getting a history and going over the tentative plan with no real authority to argue/educate. Mainly because they tend to be very defensive and will be quick to transfer records if they feel like you’re pushing things they don’t want.

And sorry if I’m missing information and haven’t learned everything I need to learn about this whole thing. It’s just the logic (or lack thereof) behind their decision making that’s getting at me.

That’s what annoys me. It’s that a lot of the time, they don’t really know what it is about vaccines that they don’t like. So much so that they don’t really question the ones they know they’re supposed to get. I have definitely had clients though who didn’t really know what they were and weren’t supposed to get aside from rabies, and left it up to us except for ones that they were staunchly against. Except the reasons they were against them didn’t really hold true anymore. For example, like skimble said, the old Lyme shot. There were problems with it. But the ones we use now are much better, even just looking at it anecdotally. I haven’t seen a single reaction reported to us, and haven’t seen any positive Lyme tests after. The only Lyme tests I’ve seen come back positive are from dogs who weren’t vaccinated, at least to our knowledge. And many of my clients who are against the Lyme vaccine and against chewable preventatives have had their dogs come back positive for Lyme (and/or ehrlichia and anaplasma).

So the thing that frustrates me is that they never seem to have a good reason, and it’s impacting their pets’ health. Not even in a long-term way that’s not really tangible to them, but in a way that they see the consequences of in the same year when they come back because their dog is lethargic and limping with no injury they can think of. And that’s just for the Lyme vaccine. It’s just tough to be a tech in the exam room getting a history and going over the tentative plan with no real authority to argue/educate. Mainly because they tend to be very defensive and will be quick to transfer records if they feel like you’re pushing things they don’t want.

And sorry if I’m missing information and haven’t learned everything I need to learn about this whole thing. It’s just the logic (or lack thereof) behind their decision making that’s getting at me.
I mean, this is kinda a thing for all facets of vet med, not just vaccines. Foods, flea/tick meds, hw...heck I’m in a Facebook group for owners of dogs with insulinoma (don’t post, just read and joined mostly for product recommendations) and the medical mistrust I see from those pet owners is crazy. Doesn’t matter that pred is the mainstay of treatment advice for insulinoma, to some of them you might as well suggest they poison on the dog. I don’t get it, personally, But even with all the credentials in the world, you can lecture until you’re blue in the face and you’ll still never get through to some people.

It’s just tough to be a tech in the exam room getting a history and going over the tentative plan with no real authority to argue/educate.

I guess things are different at each clinic but my techs are absolutely the first line of client education. They’re well educated on the products and services we offer and why. Sure, they aren’t doctors but often they’ve convinced the client to do necessary vaccines before I even get in there.

For those who refuse, I ask (in a non-aggressive way) why they hesitate to vaccinate for xyz. They give a reason and many times I can politely educate and get them to come around. Some people won’t and no one will convince them, but that’s not on you if they choose to ignore your advice/education.

Reactions: 4 users
I guess things are different at each clinic but my techs are absolutely the first line of client education. They’re well educated on the products and services we offer and why. Sure, they aren’t doctors but often they’ve convinced the client to do necessary vaccines before I even get in there.

For those who refuse, I ask (in a non-aggressive way) why they hesitate to vaccinate for xyz. They give a reason and many times I can politely educate and get them to come around. Some people won’t and no one will convince them, but that’s not on you if they choose to ignore your advice/education.
same for me. Techs are definitely front line, and they tell me how the client responded to them then I can gauge with a brush on the subject if perhaps the reinforcement will be well received or not from me. Some things I will force though, like rabies for indoor cats. heh

same for me. Techs are definitely front line, and they tell me how the client responded to them then I can gauge with a brush on the subject if perhaps the reinforcement will be well received or not from me. Some things I will force though, like rabies for indoor cats. heh
At least here, rabies is require by law and I tell people that, haha. I also remind them the fine and required quarantine protocols if they’re caught and the $30 vaccine doesn’t seem so bad...

At least here, rabies is require by law and I tell people that, haha. I also remind them the fine and required quarantine protocols if they’re caught and the $30 vaccine doesn’t seem so bad...

A bit lax here on that, but I definitely talk about what would happen if. With all the current events involving cats and rabies, I at least have plenty of examples too. :/

It’s not that I can’t educate clients on these things, but that there are a lot of clients who just want to speak to the doctor about things like vaccines. My hospital is a little bit different than a lot of others since we offer integrative medicine. So the clientele we get is VERY different than the majority of the patients you guys see. I would say 80% of our clients are the same as anywhere else, 10% want integrative options but are still very open and accepting of western medicine, and 10% believe that every aspect of western medicine is a conspiracy and that big Pharma wants to kill their pets. It’s great to offer options like acupuncture, but the clientele it brings in can be very frustrating to deal with.

It’s not that I can’t educate clients on these things, but that there are a lot of clients who just want to speak to the doctor about things like vaccines. My hospital is a little bit different than a lot of others since we offer integrative medicine. So the clientele we get is VERY different than the majority of the patients you guys see. I would say 80% of our clients are the same as anywhere else, 10% want integrative options but are still very open and accepting of western medicine, and 10% believe that every aspect of western medicine is a conspiracy and that big Pharma wants to kill their pets. It’s great to offer options like acupuncture, but the clientele it brings in can be very frustrating to deal with.

Sounds like it may be part of the territory that the clinic has signed up for, unfortunately. These are clients I don’t mind pissing off - if they take their records elsewhere I don’t have to argue with them about basic preventative health again, heh.

Biggest thing for me is keeping myself from letting my anger show ever. That will turn them off fast. Listening to their side, and addressing their concerns is all I can do. If they still put up a wall, I did my part, but I will not take it personally. On to the next teaching opportunity. Best for my health and making sure I keep baggage minimal.

I actually have a client right now that refuses all vaccines and he's got an aggressive cat that he wants groomed. Cat also has a murmur, so I tried to pass them off to a cardiologist. Cardio can't see them for at least a month and I got a call saying they don't think the cat will last that long. In the end it turns out all they really want is for the cat to be sedated and groomed. I agreed, but we also need blood work and chest rads while sedated. I wish I had told him I'd only do it if the cat was vaccinated for rabies. I think I will tell him this is the only time we will do this without a rabies vaccine. He also got grumpy with me and told me he could tell I didn't want to get to close to the cat. No, I don't want to get bitten by your aggressive unvaccinated cat! And I don't want to put my nurses at risk either! He tried to tell me how sweet the cat was, but even the wife said the cat wasn't friendly at home either.

I actually have a client right now that refuses all vaccines and he's got an aggressive cat that he wants groomed. Cat also has a murmur, so I tried to pass them off to a cardiologist. Cardio can't see them for at least a month and I got a call saying they don't think the cat will last that long. In the end it turns out all they really want is for the cat to be sedated and groomed. I agreed, but we also need blood work and chest rads while sedated. I wish I had told him I'd only do it if the cat was vaccinated for rabies. I think I will tell him this is the only time we will do this without a rabies vaccine. He also got grumpy with me and told me he could tell I didn't want to get to close to the cat. No, I don't want to get bitten by your aggressive unvaccinated cat! And I don't want to put my nurses at risk either! He tried to tell me how sweet the cat was, but even the wife said the cat wasn't friendly at home either.
I’d be careful going down the “Just this once” path, especially with rabies. One bite and the techs have to get PEP, the owners have to quarantine/get fined, etc. I’d tell him no more visits until that rabies is UTD!

I’d be careful going down the “Just this once” path, especially with rabies. One bite and the techs have to get PEP, the owners have to quarantine/get fined, etc. I’d tell him no more visits until that rabies is UTD!
yeah. It's definitely hard for those. We have a decent amount of no shows, so we are all trying to come up with the best plan for penalty but keeping business for said offenses.

Sounds like it may be part of the territory that the clinic has signed up for, unfortunately. These are clients I don’t mind pissing off - if they take their records elsewhere I don’t have to argue with them about basic preventative health again, heh.
It definitely comes with it unfortunately. That doesn’t make it any less annoying though. However it keeps the practice doing well since we capture a large number of clients who don’t feel comfortable going anywhere else.

I actually forgot the cat wasn't vaccinated when I agreed to it, so now I feel like I can't go back on what I told him. :(

I actually forgot the cat wasn't vaccinated when I agreed to it, so now I feel like I can't go back on what I told him. :(
ugh. Yeah, I haven't had much time to go through history at times we are so busy some days. I hate looking unprepared when I ask the clients some questions, but dem's da breaks.