RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone else currently going through online classes: has anyone else noticed that there are just so many more questions being asked during lecture than when things were in person? Like... a crazy number of questions to the point where lecturers end up running behind. It’s like not seeing 100+ classmates surrounding you makes you forget that other people’s class time is disrupted by the sheer number of questions being asked. And usually they’re things that will either be explained later, or can be googled. I obviously don’t have a problem with someone asking a question to clarify something the lecturer might have messed up on, but it’s gotten really really bad. Questions can be asked after class or emailed, and the lecturer can reply to the whole class if it’s something everyone should know. That’s just
my opinion. End rant.

I agree with @MixedAnimals77 that our class hardly ever ask questions via zoom. BUT a lot of people that attend in person ask questions. Back when we were in person, if we knew there were people from the other campuses (since we have 3) listening, we would use a microphone to ask the question so it would be recorded. And, the professors are supposed to repeat the questions for the panapto recordings anyway. Somehow during the pandemic this has gone out the window. If someone who is in person asks a question, we just hear muttering. Whatever they said, we'll never know..

@ajs513 I wonder if people used to ask those questions during the break, and now there are no real breaks?

(Not sure how your school does things, but for our in-person lectures, we always had 10 minutes between every hour of lecture & people would often go down to talk to the faculty during those times).
This is definitely when we used to ask questions, too

Members don't see this ad.

Just because my car isn't physically in my driveway does not make it okay for you to push snow into. Why the heck do you have a truck with a plow sitting horizontally in your front yard anyways? Oh, and I saw you look out your front door at me as I had to get out of my car to go shovel since I couldn't even get fully in the driveway otherwise. Didn't think to offer to help? Or even idk... apologize?

People are freaking rude man.

• Care
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of the spat of cold weather across the country, I hate when it gets really cold out because it makes the plate in my arm hurt 😐

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
:unsure: do the potatoes migrate for the winter?
They decided to get rid of them to make room for more vegetarian options and by getting rid of them, they got rid of one of the best vegetarian options on the menu (you could put them on anything. Tacos, burritos, quesadillas). People revolted and now they’re bringing them back AND THEY BETTER BE HERE TO STAY.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of the spat of cold weather across the country, I hate when it gets really cold out because it makes the plate in my arm hurt 😐
My friend is having the same issue with her dog...she lives in Montana and he has a plate in his leg, starts limping every time they go outside. She was going to look into getting him legwarmers :laugh:

My friend is having the same issue with her dog...she lives in Montana and he has a plate in his leg, starts limping every time they go outside. She was going to look into getting him legwarmers :laugh:
It's a weirdly particular pain, I'm not even that cold right now (under many blankets and dogs) but I can feel it, especially when I rotate my arm. I'm not sure a warmer over it would help unfortunately

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
1613364010529.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I usually work Thursday afternoon/evenings because it's after any exams/classes/etc. so it works out. Well first they told us pretty last minute that our accreditation orientation is this Thursday at 7PM but I was able to switch my shift with someone so my shift was 8-4. So of course in person classes got canceled until noon tomorrow and we had an exam moved to Thursday at 11 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
In Texas. This weather is making me so miserable. Had power for like 3 hours yesterday. I’ve had power intermittently today thank god, but I feel sick. Doesn’t help that I didn’t have power last night meanwhile it was 12 degrees outside my apartment!!!

• Care
In Texas. This weather is making me so miserable. Had power for like 3 hours yesterday. I’ve had power intermittently today thank god, but I feel sick. Doesn’t help that I didn’t have power last night meanwhile it was 12 degrees outside my apartment!!!
I've been reading about how miserable it is down there right now, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that! Are your pipes frozen? I saw some videos of someone's ceiling fan covered in icicles b/c all their ceiling pipes had burst :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
I JUST HIT A DEER OMG
Omg are you ok???

I was in the car with a friend once when she hit a deer (well, more like the deer hit us) and it was so scary. Her car survived but a lot of cosmetic damage. Deer was fine.

• Care
Omg are you ok???

I was in the car with a friend once when she hit a deer (well, more like the deer hit us) and it was so scary. Her car survived but a lot of cosmetic damage. Deer was fine.

I ASSUME YOU'RE OKAY SINCE YOU'RE POSTING ON SDN BUT ARE YOU OKAY
Yeah I was only going like 35 mph because it was a pretty major road but then was shaking the whole rest of the 5 minute drive to school :arghh: it broke my headlight and messed up the front of my car and I literally just got new tires today:scared::scared:

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I've been reading about how miserable it is down there right now, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that! Are your pipes frozen? I saw some videos of someone's ceiling fan covered in icicles b/c all their ceiling pipes had burst :eek:
Luckily none of the pipes in my apartment froze. I would have cried. Some sprinklers bursted in a neighboring apartment which quickly prompted me to pack my valuables in a plastic bin. :scared: A pipe in my parent's house bursted unfortunately and the ceiling started caving in a bit. A pipe bursted in my friend's apartment in Houston. I have another friend who is STILL without power in Brownsville. This is honestly insane and I'm so mad at the Texas government. :yeahright:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
When your apartment complex changes how they take rent and use a third party, it's not fun. Can no longer choose what day of the month to pay rent for auto pay which would mean I'd end up having to pay two months rent in the same week if I continue auto pay. There are fees associated with every method of payment which we didn't have with whatever we just switched from.

I looked up reviews of this company and it's all 1-2 stars out of 5 and pretty horrifying. I even added my own 1 star review as this company also has customer service that you can't reach and is a joke.

I'm honestly scared to pay my rent now and the apartment complex will only accept payments through this third party. No in person payments of any kind allowed anymore

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
When your apartment complex changes how they take rent and use a third party, it's not fun. Can no longer choose what day of the month to pay rent for auto pay which would mean I'd end up having to pay two months rent in the same week if I continue auto pay. There are fees associated with every method of payment which we didn't have with whatever we just switched from.

I looked up reviews of this company and it's all 1-2 stars out of 5 and pretty horrifying. I even added my own 1 star review as this company also has customer service that you can't reach and is a joke.

I'm honestly scared to pay my rent now and the apartment complex will only accept payments through this third party. No in person payments of any kind allowed anymore
Customer service finally got back to me and their answers were just blaming my apartment complex and no help with the actual technical issues part. This is going to go well

• Angry
I ran a resting cortisol on my dog to rule-out Addison’s (some GI signs and breed predisposition) and it out came back really low so now I get to wonder all weekend if she’s actually Addisonian before I can stim her on Monday. I didn’t actually think this was likely. I was just trying to make my paranoid self feel better. Alas.

• Care
I ran a resting cortisol on my dog to rule-out Addison’s (some GI signs and breed predisposition) and it out came back really low so now I get to wonder all weekend if she’s actually Addisonian before I can stim her on Monday. I didn’t actually think this was likely. I was just trying to make my paranoid self feel better. Alas.

At least it's treatable! Hopefully she's not a huge dog that will be expensive to treat if she is Addisonian.

At least it's treatable! Hopefully she's not a huge dog that will be expensive to treat if she is Addisonian.

Yeah for sure. In a lot of ways I won’t be surprised. She’s literally the poster child for the disease...and nahh she’s less than 40 lbs thankfully. She still might not be, I just really expected to rule it out and move on lol

• Care
How low? Just curious

Oh interesting. I hope everything gets figured out soon! I know it's stressful to wait and sometimes the stims take a little while to get back :( did you get any other bloodwork on her by chance?

No. She just had her normal yearly screening bloodwork a couple months ago (and she’s only 2 years old)...it was very boring. We had decided to treat her as a bilious vomiting dog, maybe reflux. She’s otherwise very normal and the vomiting is very intermittent. I just wanted to run the resting cortisol so I could sleep at night lol. We can run cortisol’s in-house at school, so theoretically I should know Monday or Tuesday.

No. She just had her normal yearly screening bloodwork a couple months ago (and she’s only 2 years old)...it was very boring. We had decided to treat her as a bilious vomiting dog, maybe reflux. She’s otherwise very normal and the vomiting is very intermittent. I just wanted to run the resting cortisol so I could sleep at night lol. We can run cortisol’s in-house at school, so theoretically I should know Monday or Tuesday.
Wishing you and your pup the best in the meantime!

This is why I've stopped bringing my dog in for exams or anything by myself or on rotations, I keep finding things wrong with him and panicking about it lol. Swung him by dentistry while I was on rotation so they could look at the two supernumerary incisors I had noticed (while examining him for third year dentistry rotation...) and they also pointed out that he's missing his 305/405 too. Now I'm trying to get him on their schedule so they can rule out dentigerous cysts since he's never had any dental work in his life and the mandibular first premolars are the most common unerupted teeth associated with dentigerous cysts

• Care
Wishing you and your pup the best in the meantime!

This is why I've stopped bringing my dog in for exams or anything by myself or on rotations, I keep finding things wrong with him and panicking about it lol. Swung him by dentistry while I was on rotation so they could look at the two supernumerary incisors I had noticed (while examining him for third year dentistry rotation...) and they also pointed out that he's missing his 305/405 too. Now I'm trying to get him on their schedule so they can rule out dentigerous cysts since he's never had any dental work in his life and the mandibular first premolars are the most common unerupted teeth associated with dentigerous cysts
I signed up old lady kitty for a "healthy senior cat" research study during my first year, and they diagnosed her with CKD on the initial screening bloodwork :smack:

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I order food from Restaurant A. Wait awhile, then they send me a text my order is cancelled.

Annoying.

So I order from Restaurant B. Then Restaurant A texts me that my food is on it's way with an updated delivery time??

I'm trying to see if it's too late to cancel my order with Restaurant B and get a refund.

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I order food from Restaurant A. Wait awhile, then they send me a text my order is cancelled.

Annoying.

So I order from Restaurant B. Then Restaurant A texts me that my food is on it's way with an updated delivery time??

I'm trying to see if it's too late to cancel my order with Restaurant B and get a refund.
I would almost rather call restaurant A and ask for a refund since they incorrectly told you your order was cancelled, causing you to order somewhere else. What reason would you have had to not believe them?

I would almost rather call restaurant A and ask for a refund since they incorrectly told you your order was cancelled, causing you to order somewhere else. What reason would you have had to not believe them?
I didn't call them because the food was (allegedly) already on the way so I thought it would be more difficult.

But it gets better. It was cancelled again and I'm now trying coordinate to make sure I'm getting my freaking refund because like... apparently doordash got my order but the restaurant never did. Issue being I paid through the restaurant, not doordash.

I've also re-ordered from Restaurant B. But I'm freaking hungry by now.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users