-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rearview Mirror: Ectopic should create the thread after this
Started by EM2BE
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
see, I am posting a lot tonight 🙂
I like it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My mommy is coming this week, she will help me find a nice suit
awww...that's nice. I got a package today from my mom full of those goodies I'm not supposed to be eating...but I think I'll manage.
OOOOooo, whats the good news?I'm seeing good news in the near future 🙂
And how was everyones weekend? I had a ski patrol refresher to teach/attend which was a blast. I miss those people during the year.
Plus on Sunday a buddy of mine let me borrow one of his bikes and we rode up to the mountain. More fun than a barrel of monkeys. 🙂
OOOOooo, whats the good news?
I'm going to wait until my thoughts are confirmed (in writing), then I will tell.
post pad
post pad
hey, how are things?
D
deleted109597
Sleepy. Hungry. In that order.
hey people.
hey people.
Sleepy. Hungry. In that order.
hey people.
Aww...so you're doing well then right 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
post pad
Ya, how are things? Are you trying to stay away for a while or were you just around before because you didn't have much to do?
D
deleted109597
Aww...so you're doing well then right 😉
Slept 13 hours post call. Saturday I slept 15 (gained one). The on friday off sat on sun call sucks. For the record.
Slept 13 hours post call. Saturday I slept 15 (gained one). The on friday off sat on sun call sucks. For the record.
More sleep than I got this weekend, but we won't talk about 2 weekends before it.
Slept 13 hours post call. Saturday I slept 15 (gained one). The on friday off sat on sun call sucks. For the record.
The SICU sure makes me LOVE Emergency Medicine even more.... from this past Monday through the coming Monday, I will put in right around 110 hours. No days off and 3 days of call. We've been pushing 32 hours on call days.... close to 12 hours on the non call days... we have a ssslllooowwww attending right now. I like his attitude and all, just takes forever to round.
The SICU sure makes me LOVE Emergency Medicine even more.... from this past Monday through the coming Monday, I will put in right around 110 hours. No days off and 3 days of call. We've been pushing 32 hours on call days.... close to 12 hours on the non call days... we have a ssslllooowwww attending right now. I like his attitude and all, just takes forever to round.
aww... feel the empathetic

...unlike the fake stories I told in my essay in hopes of getting empathy points. I don't want them to know me without having to try. I know...makes me a bad patient if I carry that attitude elsewhere. It's a thing with the prof is all. I don't like him, he can't get to know me.
hey, how are things?
not too bad, just getting antsy (sp?)
3 invites so far, hoping for a few more
H24G, congrats on Emory!
Oh and for your entertainment, when doing a practice patient interview today, I fell over the little stool thing that comes out of the bed. Rest of the interview went better because then I knew not much else could look as bad and I could make jokes.
I love it!
3 invites so far, hoping for a few more
Are you IMG? Can't remember...Are you IMG? Can't remember...
yes ma'am
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did it make you feel better and laugh a little?
Ab-so-lute-ly!
yes ma'am
Do you think that is affecting the number of interviews or is that just an old tale?
Ab-so-lute-ly!
That's good. Glad I can make a person feel better...even if it's not the patient I had.
Do you think that is affecting the number of interviews or is that just an old tale?
I think its true, but then again it should be...that and the fact that Im an "average" applicant and EM is getting more competative.
I think its true, but then again it should be...that and the fact that Im an "average" applicant and EM is getting more competative.
Don't feel bad. At the rate I'm going, I'll fit the below average category. Good thing I have 2 matches to go through (DO and MD).
aloha peeps....
my puppy is losing his teeth.. he is going nuts chewing on stuff... fortunately he has the necessary chew toys.
my puppy is losing his teeth.. he is going nuts chewing on stuff... fortunately he has the necessary chew toys.
Necessary = house stuff or necessary = his own stuff?
H24G, congrats on Emory!
Thanks! I have to admit I was about to cross them off my last 'cause I was sure a rejection was coming...
I think its true, but then again it should be...that and the fact that Im an "average" applicant and EM is getting more competative.
It's totally true. American MD> DO>IMG in many programs' eyes. But you must get points for being American born, right? Poor CJ

It's totally true. American MD> DO>IMG in many programs' eyes. But you must get points for being American born, right? Poor CJ![]()
The sympathy was for the wait, of course. The fact that you don't have that many outright rejections means they are considering it. Hopefully someone will answer your question about when to call soon, but I would start doing it for my top 10 or so next week if I were you.
It's totally true. American MD> DO>IMG in many programs' eyes. But you must get points for being American born, right? Poor CJ![]()
I hate this statistic even though it's true. Even though sometimes I feel prejudiced against because I am white and don't have any type of any minority to me = less scholarships and weird situations when getting jobs (EOE) (this is something my brother faced...was told he couldn't get a job at the place because he was a white male). At least I have the female part to help me.
The sympathy was for the wait, of course. The fact that you don't have that many outright rejections means they are considering it. Hopefully someone will answer your question about when to call soon, but I would start doing it for my top 10 or so next week if I were you.
I gotcha...good, free advice...i will take it!
So, I will be right next to Philly next year...(as long as nothing changes)![]()
Getting more excited now...too bad I need to study.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I will be right next to Philly next year...(as long as nothing changes)![]()
Congratulations!
wow, its been slow in here
i must take part blame for that lately, i must admit
oooooooh, almost a new page...
only for the sake of making the threads even, I have nothing else to gain here
Similar threads
- Replies
- 186
- Views
- 9K
Did it make you feel better and laugh a little?