Retake Policy at UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Olddodger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know the course retake policy for pre-recs at UF? Grades replaced (probably not) or averaged (maybe?) or not at all ( :eek: )?

Thanks,
Oldie

Members don't see this ad.

Olddodger said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know the course retake policy for pre-recs at UF? Grades replaced (probably not) or averaged (maybe?) or not at all ( :eek: )?

I'm not sure about UF in particular, but in general...if you retake a class the new grade is averaged in with your old for computing cum and science GPA....often this does NOT mean that they average the actual class (so a C and an A doesn't me that they see that you got a "B") Rather they just figure both grades into your total GPA values..

For the school you are graduating from, if you grade replace, then yes there they often will not count the first grade when figuring latin honors etc.

If you took the class long enough ago it may or may not "drop off"....I know for me it didn't....I took a very basic chem class (more basic than 1st year chem) when I was in highschool, which ended up being longer than 10 year before I applied, and yes that grade did count as part of my cumulative and science GPA...and did hurt me....

I would call the school to be certain, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Good luck

I've talked with the Dean at UF's vet school about this....they average the two grades. I'm pretty sure most schools do the same (I know NC state does).