Ross University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They emailed me around 1pm asking a good time to call about the decision and I told them any time and they called me 5 minutes later with my acceptance :)
Alright that makes me feel slightly relieved, I got an email asking time and number and I got worried cause I didn't see anyone else mention that email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright that makes me feel slightly relieved, I got an email asking time and number and I got worried cause I didn't see anyone else mention that email
You got this!

You got this!
As much as I wanna know, I'm gonna put it off until I can be alone for the call - so my lunch break tomorrow. Honestly hoping for a miracle because she told me it would likely be an acceptance into their vet prep program rather than directly into the DVM

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Since there's lots of you who are getting interviews and stuff lately, here are my comments from a few months ago regarding my timeline and interview. Hope it helps someone <3

Application submission: September ish, 0-2 days before deadline through VMCAS
Invite for interview: Jan 27th
Interview: Feb 22nd
Application status in portal changed to "committee review": March 15th
Acceptance call: April 13th

I initially applied for Fall but my masters program completion got pushed back a semester. I requested to be moved for Spring 2022 consideration only a few days before I received the interview invite, so that may have contributed to me hearing back so soon for Spring.

I had my interview with Ruth [Feb 22]. For context, I completed an undergrad degree in 2015 with AWFUL grades and am now in a research-based biochem masters program with (not absolutely standout, but) good grades. My GRE score from 2018 was 154 verbal (64%) and 163 (83%). It was actually 85% when I took it but the percentile went down over the years, so sad lol. I also provided an explanation statement through VMCAS outlining my emotional and academic growth as a student.

She GRILLED me on academics. I appreciated that she focused on that, but I wish she had asked me at least one open ended "tell me about yourself" or "what do you like to do for fun" question. I have a lot of eccentric hobbies and achievements and would have loved to show her a little more of my personality outside of academics since I already wrote a whole essay on it. All in all though she was very nice and it was less intimidating than I anticipated. She was kinda hard to read since she gave me a lot of generic encouragements (okay, good, next question!) with some conversational dialogue in between. I'm glad I prepared for the worst and rehearsed the big questions (why a vet, why ross, strengths/weaknesses/what can you bring to the field). I might be one of the first few to apply for Jan 2022 (technically still c/o 2025) so she said I'll be waiting a minimum of 4 weeks. I'm telling myself that she focused on academics and study habits so heavily because they are trying to decide between vet prep and acceptance, and not between vet prep/acceptance and rejection LOL.

My advice to anyone preparing for an interview is to find friends in vetmed or other professional fields (med/dental/phD programs) and pretend you are interviewing with them. I gave my friends a list of questions to choose from and let them run with it. It feels a little silly and it's hard not to break character but it REALLY helped put me in the interview mindset to answer the questions as if they were real. Use Webex or Zoom instead of FaceTime or Facebook Messenger so it feels more real. One of my best friends dressed up in interviewer clothes and a notepad. The first thing she said when we connected was "Hello, before we begin can you confirm your first and last name thank you." :rofl: Take a short walk before your interview and practice your responses to make sure your answers flow. Good luck!!

I was so scared for that phone call because when I interviewed, she said she saw me getting into the prep program, but I just got the call and got accepted straight into the DVM. She was laughing at my shock and asking for specification that it was an acceptance for DVM and not prep

Reactions: 3 users
I was so scared for that phone call because when I interviewed, she said she saw me getting into the prep program, but I just got the call and got accepted straight into the DVM. She was laughing at my shock and asking for specification that it was an acceptance for DVM and not prep
Yay, congrats !!!

When did you interview? I’m still waiting to hear back

I was accepted for Summer 2022! I was so surprised at how quickly it happened. I turned in my VMCAS on 9/10, received an interview invite on 10/6, interviewed on 10/12, and heard back on 10/19. Other than some initial technical issues, I had a great interview with Ms. Miller. She was extremely nice and made me feel so comfortable!

I have my interview for Ross this week and was wondering what types of questions they ask. This is my first interview for a vet school :)

I did receive acceptance to Ross recently and will be declining. I was accepted into my #1 or #2 school so far. I am still waiting on more interviews, etc. over the course of these next few months. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to obtain the Ross Portal banner ID? I was trying to sign up but the website said it will send me an email and never did.

Does anyone know how to obtain the Ross Portal banner ID? I was trying to sign up but the website said it will send me an email and never did.
I would also like to know this if someone knows.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous because I submitted my app through VMCAS September 15th and I've heard radio silence since then.... I applied for the September 2022 intake.

I want to pursue a career as a global wildlife veterinarian. Ross university seems like my best option for acceptance but I cant find any info about opportunities they have for working with wildlife. Can anyone give me some information about conservation medicine/nontraditional DVM at Ross?

I want to pursue a career as a global wildlife veterinarian. Ross university seems like my best option for acceptance but I cant find any info about opportunities they have for working with wildlife. Can anyone give me some information about conservation medicine/nontraditional DVM at Ross?

As far as I know, there are a few wildlife-focused courses as electives, but most of the wildlife stuff is through clubs. I asked the same question of the associate vet at the clinic I used to work at, who was a Rossie, and that's what she told me.

Interviewing with Ruth Schroeder (for Jan 2022, but I'm going to see if I can opt for May) in T minus 33 minutes. I didn't think I'd feel as sick to my stomach as I do, but I don't think there's anything more I can do to prepare for this interview. I got an email only last Wednesday! Here's hoping it's enough....

Interviewing with Ruth Schroeder (for Jan 2022, but I'm going to see if I can opt for May) in T minus 33 minutes. I didn't think I'd feel as sick to my stomach as I do, but I don't think there's anything more I can do to prepare for this interview. I got an email only last Wednesday! Here's hoping it's enough....
I hope everything went well! I interviewed with her last Thursday, and she was super chill; she looked very positive regarding my application. Still waiting to hear from them with a decision.

I hope everything went well! I interviewed with her last Thursday, and she was super chill; she looked very positive regarding my application. Still waiting to hear from them with a decision.
Thanks! I do think it went really well. I felt pretty positive by the end of it. She didn't grill me as much on my grades as I thought she would and I think I had some pretty good answers. We ended up having another lady, who is training to be an interviewer for Ross, shadowing my interview and it was actually a little bit comforting not having a one-on-one. Having an objective presence there kind of calmed my nerves. She actually said at the end of the interview that she noticed I went from quite nervous to "blossoming with passion" talking about everything, so I feel like that may boost me a little. I'm hoping!

Initially, I was interviewing for January 2022 but we went over in the beginning what that timeline would be like, and I had already decided that it would not likely be feasible for me to drop everything in less than a month, so we're deferring me to May 2022 ( which I have a feeling she expected). Originally, I might have gotten a decision by the end of this week, but it may be around Christmas or the beginning of January.

I have a pretty solid idea of what my vision for what I would like to do as a DVM is and I was able to talk about it quite a bit, so that really did let my passion do all the work for me. I also think my questions (the ones I ask her at the end) were not like the "typical" questions, so that may work in my favor.

By the end of it, she was smiling a lot, and as I was talking as well; I noticed her make a lot of little notes and she knew I was also taking notes. So, yeah, I actually feel pretty good about it. It's just a matter of how the admissions committee feels about me.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous because I submitted my app through VMCAS September 15th and I've heard radio silence since then.... I applied for the September 2022 intake.

They do prioritize the terms in Spring (January) and Summer (May) first and then process the apps for Fall. Don't be too nervous! I applied in 2020 for the '21 fall and '22 Spring start dates but had one thing pending for the longest time (academic LOR). I had gotten a LOR from the TA from one of my classes who I assisted with research and gambled that it would be enough to tick the "academic" box and I guess they finally decided that it was. So I finally got moved to interview-ready just last week and had my interview yesterday (Monday).

So don't worry! Your application won't just disappear from their To Do list, it just might take a bit!

Hey everyone, I’m first time applicant submitted application September 20th got interview invite November 1st and interviewed December 3rd for fall start. Any idea to when I should expect to hear back? I’ve seen some people say they heard back in a few weeks and others not for a few months.

Hey everyone, I’m first time applicant submitted application September 20th got interview invite November 1st and interviewed December 3rd for fall start. Any idea to when I should expect to hear back? I’ve seen some people say they heard back in a few weeks and others not for a few months.

Hey Katie, they prioritize the terms in Spring (January) and Summer (May) first and then process the apps for Fall. Don't be nervous if they don't get back to you right away! I think the average wait time is about 4 to 5 weeks.

Where my May 2022 summer semester start students at?! Do we have a facebook/insta/whats app group set up? Excited to get to know everyone and get to St. Kitts!

Where my May 2022 summer semester start students at?! Do we have a facebook/insta/whats app group set up? Excited to get to know everyone and get to St. Kitts!
I'm also starting May 2022!! Not sure if there's any social media platforms set up, but I can't wait to get to know all of you!!