Ross University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! It was very relaxed. I was suppose to have an interview with Ruth but my interview ended up being with Jeanice whom was very nice and was intrigued with what I had to say. It was more of a conversation than an interview. She asked me to tell her about myself, went over my academic grades, what was my most challenging course and how did I handle it, and my future career goals. I never got asked why a vet or why ross although I was prepared for those questions. I would probably still prepare for those questions just in case and make sure you ask questions at the end. Good Luck and just relax! :)
Thank you!! I believe mine is with Jeanne!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! I believe mine is with Jeanne!
I interviewed with Jeanne a couple weeks back! She was absolutely wonderful, I have nothing but good things to say about my interview. Like you've heard, it was very conversational (which is always a plus) we talked about my experiences at the University of Delaware for a bit as she knows plenty of Blue Hens who went to Ross, spoke about some grades briefly, spent a decent amount of time talking about my job as an RA and as a vet assistant/tech but overall it was great. Make sure you have a few questions prepared - they left about 10-15 minutes for us to ask questions; be sure to check out the YouTube of the virtual tour of Ross's facilities.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions!

I interviewed with Jeanne a couple weeks back! She was absolutely wonderful, I have nothing but good things to say about my interview. Like you've heard, it was very conversational (which is always a plus) we talked about my experiences at the University of Delaware for a bit as she knows plenty of Blue Hens who went to Ross, spoke about some grades briefly, spent a decent amount of time talking about my job as an RA and as a vet assistant/tech but overall it was great. Make sure you have a few questions prepared - they left about 10-15 minutes for us to ask questions; be sure to check out the YouTube of the virtual tour of Ross's facilities.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions!
When they ask about grades, do they ask specifics about your grades or just in general? I’ve noticed people saying grades and I’ve never really had an interview yet where they specifically asked about that

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished my interview! I think it went well? The interviewer was very nice and asked about ALL of my experiences. Almost no mention of my grades.

Ahh I am so happy you guys had good experiences. I scheduled mine for two weeks from now and I am nervous since its my first interview but Jeanne seems super nice and laidback. For those who had questions about experiences, was it more like what did you learn or asking specific details like what you did, etc. Congrats everyone though, I hope we all get those A's!

Ahh I am so happy you guys had good experiences. I scheduled mine for two weeks from now and I am nervous since its my first interview but Jeanne seems super nice and laidback. For those who had questions about experiences, was it more like what did you learn or asking specific details like what you did, etc. Congrats everyone though, I hope we all get those A's!
It was mostly like what I took away from the experience and what it added to my journey in vet med, so it was easy to talk about :)

Just finished my interview! I think it went well? The interviewer was very nice and asked about ALL of my experiences. Almost no mention of my grades.

When did you guys submit your applications? Was it through VMCAS or the Ross portal?

When they ask about grades, do they ask specifics about your grades or just in general? I’ve noticed people saying grades and I’ve never really had an interview yet where they specifically asked about that
I was asked about specific courses. I failed calculus the first time I took the class so I went into detail about that class and how I redeemed myself when I retook it. I'm also retaking organic chemistry at a local school back home so they asked why I took it after I finished undergrad and at a different university.

My grades were a bit all over the place, I have always struggled with taking exams (woohoo test anxiety) so some courses had lower grades compared to others (bio 1 vs bio 2, a music class) it was very casual and gave me the time to explain some situations and how I was able to overcome it.

It was a bit mixed for my interview. I had a new ross admissions hire sit in on my interview - she was super sweet. I was asked to explain about the pre-vet program at the university of delaware and the experiences we were given with having a farm on campus. They also asked about my resident assistant position quite a bit and about my current position as a technician at a small animal hospital, more so about what I was able to do and what the jobs/experiences taught me.

Got the phone call yesterday, I was accepted for May 2022!! I am so so excited, waiting to hear from my in state school before making an official decision but I still cannot believe it

Reactions: 2 users
Got the phone call yesterday, I was accepted for May 2022!! I am so so excited, waiting to hear from my in state school before making an official decision but I still cannot believe it
They call you? When did you interview? I have an interview Thursday for September so I’m just trying tk get a timeline idea 😂

They call you? When did you interview? I have an interview Thursday for September so I’m just trying tk get a timeline idea 😂
I interviewed this Thursday and they told me they would call me with a decision within 2-4 weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup! I interviewed on September 3rd and heard back on the 17th - 2 weeks exactly. They originally told me I would'nt hear back until early October so I was shocked getting the phone call.

Yup! I interviewed on September 3rd and heard back on the 17th - 2 weeks exactly. They originally told me I would'nt hear back until early October so I was shocked getting the phone call.
Does the call come from the New York office who is always calling me??

I haven't gotten my welcome package yet for January 2022 but I was wondering how we sign up for on campus housing? I don't know if the welcome package goes over that but I am trying to figure everything out as much as I can in advance.

I submitted my VMCAS on Sept 10th and haven’t heard that it was even received by Ross. Anyone else have this situation?

I haven't gotten my welcome package yet for January 2022 but I was wondering how we sign up for on campus housing? I don't know if the welcome package goes over that but I am trying to figure everything out as much as I can in advance.
I called Justin about this not too long ago and he said we haven't gotten any info because they haven't decided whether spring 2022 will be online. He said they will make a decision by mid/late October and that's when they will give us info for housing, plane tickets, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
This is a very specific question but has anyone had experience copying over all of the apps and pre-loaded stuff from the issued iPad to a newer one? I got an apple pencil 2 as a gift and it's incompatible with the one that the school issues us. The apps are not available in the app store but I can't see why I can't copy over all the data to a newer iPad just like when you get a new iPhone? I wanted to trade in the issued iPad to upgrade to a newer one so I can use my Apple pencil with it. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I submitted my application on August 6, interviewed on Sept 7 but haven’t heard anything yet…anybody else having this problem?

I called Justin about this not too long ago and he said we haven't gotten any info because they haven't decided whether spring 2022 will be online. He said they will make a decision by mid/late October and that's when they will give us info for housing, plane tickets, etc.
Thank you so much for letting me know! I was wondering about this and what was going on! Thank you.

I just got the call! I’ve been accepted for Fall 2022! 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed two weeks ago today and I'm anxiously awaiting a call... I know they said 2-4 weeks but I can't help but feel anxiety

I interviewed two weeks ago today and I'm anxiously awaiting a call... I know they said 2-4 weeks but I can't help but feel anxiety
It’s been one week for me and I keep thinking that. I’d also rather just get an email cause im terrified to answer the phone for decision

It’s been one week for me and I keep thinking that. I’d also rather just get an email cause im terrified to answer the phone for decision
Me too! I leave my phone ringer on at work so I don't accidentally miss it o_O

Me too! I leave my phone ringer on at work so I don't accidentally miss it o_O
I want to but I have so many other notifications that come through. My luck is but answer it while in with a patient 😂😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Last week I got an email verification that they had received my application, and it has a link to where I can monitor the status of my application. The link didn't work so I removed a few letters from the URL to see if anything would come up, and it took me to an application status checklist for their medical school, not veterinary school. Anybody else having this issue?

Last week I got an email verification that they had received my application, and it has a link to where I can monitor the status of my application. The link didn't work so I removed a few letters from the URL to see if anything would come up, and it took me to an application status checklist for their medical school, not veterinary school. Anybody else having this issue?
I had to email and ask for them to send me the link.

For some reason my checklist says "incomplete" at the top, even though there is a check mark for every item, I'm not sure why.

Just got a call (right now) I was accepted for the Fall 🥰 So happy

Anyone for spring 2022 get their welcome packet yet? I just got mine but I thought the iPad was supposed to come with it. Do they come separately?

I just looked back to see when 😂 definitely have my phone off do not disturb at work for once AGH
My Apple Watch lit up and I ran to the back to answer it LOL

My Apple Watch lit up and I ran to the back to answer it LOL
I'm terrified to answer it if the call comes when I'm at work! I was talking to the one vet today and she was like "You can answer or let it go to voicemail and mentally prepare to answer or use the voice to text to see what it says" and I was like please no, I'm terrified, tomorrow is 2 weeks since and I'm supposed to be off but I took someone's shift and I was prepared to sit at home and stare at my phone in fear haahhaah

I'm terrified to answer it if the call comes when I'm at work! I was talking to the one vet today and she was like "You can answer or let it go to voicemail and mentally prepare to answer or use the voice to text to see what it says" and I was like please no, I'm terrified, tomorrow is 2 weeks since and I'm supposed to be off but I took someone's shift and I was prepared to sit at home and stare at my phone in fear haahhaah
It's definitely nerve wracking I totally get it! Tomorrow would have been three weeks since my interview. Now I get to obsess about all the other schools I applied to... Best of luck! Let us know :D

It's definitely nerve wracking I totally get it! Tomorrow would have been three weeks since my interview. Now I get to obsess about all the other schools I applied to... Best of luck! Let us know :D
Thank you! I’m just nervous and hoping for the best, she said she saw it mostly being an acceptance into the vet prep program, but I’ll take it. But I already have a third interview scheduled (finally a school in the country) so I’m feeling better this cycle than past

Got my acceptance today! I interviewed last week so it was definitely a shock since she said to give them 6 weeks for a decision. So relieved to know that I am going somewhere, now just a waiting game for the other schools I applied too!

Got my acceptance today! I interviewed last week so it was definitely a shock since she said to give them 6 weeks for a decision. So relieved to know that I am going somewhere, now just a waiting game for the other schools I applied too!
Ok now I’m more nervous with my wait…..

Thank you! I’m just nervous and hoping for the best, she said she saw it mostly being an acceptance into the vet prep program, but I’ll take it. But I already have a third interview scheduled (finally a school in the country) so I’m feeling better this cycle than past
Good for you… 3 interviews already. I’ve only had one

For everyone that’s gotten calls so far, so they just call you out of nowhere or do they contact you first to ask a good time to call?

For everyone that’s gotten calls so far, so they just call you out of nowhere or do they contact you first to ask a good time to call?
They emailed me around 1pm asking a good time to call about the decision and I told them any time and they called me 5 minutes later with my acceptance :)