Ross University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure if there are any current students on this thread and I know things are different because of covid but just had a quick question if anyone knows the answer. Assuming things get back to normal by Fall semester does anyone know how early before the semester starts that you need to get down to the island?
I started in the fall of 2019 and back then and prior to you had to be on island a week before classes start as that is the mandatory orientation week.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! My partner was accepted for Fall 2021 (Sept). I am so proud of her! Does anyone know if Ross Vet School still issues an iPad to each student? If so is it their's to keep? I know that the school uses ebooks and educational apps, I just don't know if I need to get her an iPad. I don't want to ask her because if they no longer issue iPads I want to surprise her with one.
As far as I know they still issue iPads it is included in the first semester tuition and yes it is yours to keep.

Reactions: 1 user
is there a facebook group for class of 2025 fall start?
Usually the specific facebook page for your class is made a few weeks into the semester before. So i started in Fall 2019 and I believe our page was made at the end of May 2019 so I'd assume probably around mid-end of may. However if you have studies at Ross on your facebook currently, you're more than welcome to join the general Ross university students page if you haven't already

Members don't see this ad :)
Current student here, as far as I know it has to be a C or better and that goes for most schools. It is likely you would have to retake it but I would email admissions just to be sure, as idk if there is any different policy or more leniency due to covid
As a current student, do you have any advice or insight about the transition to island life and an accelerated program? I put my deposit down but I am stressed about the accelerated program and potential burnout.

Hey there!
I'm so glad I found this forum. I am currently completing my prereq and will be able to apply as of June 2021.
I was told I could still apply for September 2021, but after reading your comments, I wonder if it would be better to apply for January 2022 strategically speaking?

Hey there!
I'm so glad I found this forum. I am currently completing my prereq and will be able to apply as of June 2021.
I was told I could still apply for September 2021, but after reading your comments, I wonder if it would be better to apply for January 2022 strategically speaking?
I applied and have been accepted for Fall and I’m taking prereqs now and one over the summer. If you’re ready to go in the Fall I would say go ahead and apply for it. If you’re an applicant they want to accept I imagine the worst thing they could do is say we don’t have room for fall and push you to January.

As a current student, do you have any advice or insight about the transition to island life and an accelerated program? I put my deposit down but I am stressed about the accelerated program and potential burnout.
I honestly wouldn't worry about the accelerated aspect as much since we finish about a semester earlier but in total it adds up to 7 pre clinical semesters and 1 clinical year as opposed to most other schools that have 6 pre-clinical semesters, due to the fact that we are in school year round is why the program is over in 3.5 years instead of 4. The amount of credits per semester is pretty on par with the other vet schools. In addition, there is plenty of chances to get help from professors, TAs, private tutors, people selling study guides, slides and questions they made. The one thing I will say is that burn out is definitely a thing due to the year long program with short breaks in between. Personally since we have weekly blocks I always take the rest of the day after my block off meaning I don't do any studying that day and use my day to do something enjoyable such as watching netflix, playing a video game, hanging out with friends etc. I recommend taking at least one day off a week (whatever day you choose) and just relax. Also during the two/three week break TAKE THE BREAK do not try to get ahead and pre-study for classes. Transitioning to island life is different person to person, some people adjust super quickly, others never quite feel 100% comfortable. Personally when I find myself wishing I was back home I remind myself why I am here and remember it's not forever. Trust me it goes fast. I would recommend the bring a couple things that remind you of home such as pictures. Try to get to know students in your semester as they are going through the same thing you are, but also don't be afraid to reach out and talk to other semesters, I know there are some therapy groups for people who struggle adjusting to island life, as well as therapists to talk to if you ever need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I applied and have been accepted for Fall and I’m taking prereqs now and one over the summer. If you’re ready to go in the Fall I would say go ahead and apply for it. If you’re an applicant they want to accept I imagine the worst thing they could do is say we don’t have room for fall and push you to January.
Thanks for the reply! I guess I'm just really afraid of not getting in, but I'll give it a try for September and reapply if necessary :)

I honestly wouldn't worry about the accelerated aspect as much since we finish about a semester earlier but in total it adds up to 7 pre clinical semesters and 1 clinical year as opposed to most other schools that have 6 pre-clinical semesters, due to the fact that we are in school year round is why the program is over in 3.5 years instead of 4. The amount of credits per semester is pretty on par with the other vet schools. In addition, there is plenty of chances to get help from professors, TAs, private tutors, people selling study guides, slides and questions they made. The one thing I will say is that burn out is definitely a thing due to the year long program with short breaks in between. Personally since we have weekly blocks I always take the rest of the day after my block off meaning I don't do any studying that day and use my day to do something enjoyable such as watching netflix, playing a video game, hanging out with friends etc. I recommend taking at least one day off a week (whatever day you choose) and just relax. Also during the two/three week break TAKE THE BREAK do not try to get ahead and pre-study for classes. Transitioning to island life is different person to person, some people adjust super quickly, others never quite feel 100% comfortable. Personally when I find myself wishing I was back home I remind myself why I am here and remember it's not forever. Trust me it goes fast. I would recommend the bring a couple things that remind you of home such as pictures. Try to get to know students in your semester as they are going through the same thing you are, but also don't be afraid to reach out and talk to other semesters, I know there are some therapy groups for people who struggle adjusting to island life, as well as therapists to talk to if you ever need to.
Thank you so so much for your advice! I really appreciate insight coming from someone who is currently there!

For those of you on the island, what did you do about your cellphone plan? Did you get a new one or somehow switch it (I'm coming from NY) to work on the island? I'm due for an upgrade, but don't want to keep my AT&T if Verizon plans work better or something else.

Quick question for anybody that has been accepted and might have a similar situation of repeating a course. Ross wants me to receive a grade of B or better in Organic Chemistry I (which happens to be possibly the most difficult course at UGA) and my last remaining prereq class. I think it's because I have a weird background and a recent history of success in school but not long-term. Long story short, I had a rough start to the semester in my lab for organic chemistry when my grandpa almost died because of COVID. As of right now it's very possible I won't get a B in my lab and was wondering if they may change my acceptance or if I could just repeat the lab over Summer? Anybody repeated a course after they have been accepted? I submitted my deposit and everything so I'm stressing a little.
I have a question- did you have an advising session before you had your interview ? Or did they accept you then say you must acquire that grade? I applied for the Fall but for some reason I’m asked to meet with someone for an advising session. Has this happened to anyone ? Please help me !

I have a question- did you have an advising session before you had your interview ? Or did they accept you then say you must acquire that grade? I applied for the Fall but for some reason I’m asked to meet with someone for an advising session. Has this happened to anyone ? Please help me !
So all communication I’ve received is that I need to receive a C or better. I think it might’ve been a mistake by the admissions people because nowhere has it been said on my acceptance or anything that a B is required. I’m not sure what the advising session is but I’m sure it can only help you

Just found out I’ve been accepted to the vet prep program for Fall 2021! So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about traveling to the island for the Fall semester (Sept 2021). The last we heard nothing had been decided about travel. We did hear that St. Kitts is currently only allowing vaccinated people on the island and they must quarantine for 9 days. Ross communicated they were still working on how the semester will start whether remotely or on the island.

Has anyone heard anything about traveling to the island for the Fall semester (Sept 2021). The last we heard nothing had been decided about travel. We did hear that St. Kitts is currently only allowing vaccinated people on the island and they must quarantine for 9 days. Ross communicated they were still working on how the semester will start whether remotely or on the island.
The new rules (about vaccinated only) just went into effect at the end of May and it happened very suddenly due to the cluster of cases. It’s really hard to say since everything happened so quickly. I wouldn’t probably expect to know for a few more weeks unfortunately.

Hopefully you will be in person though!!

Has anyone starting Ross vet in Fall of 2021 received their welcome package yet? They sent out an email about two weeks ago stating they would have it sent by the end of may and nothing...

Has anyone starting Ross vet in Fall of 2021 received their welcome package yet? They sent out an email about two weeks ago stating they would have it sent by the end of may and nothing...
My GF hasn't received hers.

The new rules (about vaccinated only) just went into effect at the end of May and it happened very suddenly due to the cluster of cases. It’s really hard to say since everything happened so quickly. I wouldn’t probably expect to know for a few more weeks unfortunately.

Hopefully you will be in person though!!
Thanks! I figured they had not decided anything yet. My GF is starting in Fall 2021 :). I'm hoping I will be allowed to travel and quarantine with her even if I am not moving but I don't know if the school and/or island will allow that. Before the new rules I heard some current VIPS were having issues with getting the gov't to approve them for the 9 day quarantine with vaccination instead of the 14 day. Only time will tell!

Hello,
So I submitted my application this week for Spring 2022 and got an interview invite within an hour after the site said my application was complete. Is the turnaround normally that fast? I was surprised. What is the average window that Ross gets back to applicants with a decision after the interview? Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum. Just not sure what to expect.

Laura got her welcome packet:) Still waiting on travel information.

Received word that the semester will start online with tentative Oct 2021 travel date.

Anybody know if there is a GroupMe or anything for those with a Fall start date? I feel like I'm behind in getting prepared to go but have no idea what to do haha.

Anybody know if there is a GroupMe or anything for those with a Fall start date? I feel like I'm behind in getting prepared to go but have no idea what to do haha.
I’m not sure! I feel the exact same way tho LOL every time I ask for an update it’s always “We’ll let you know as the date gets closer,” and I’m always wondering “Okay how close are we getting :/“

Oh man. Where did you hear this?
My GF got an email from Ross. She got one email from Ross with her welcome packet pdf and at the end it said "If you have not received the email surrounding the semester start, please let me know and I will forward it separately. If it's not in your regular email folder, please check you spam folder". That was sent from her New Student Coordinator.

I just saw mine in the spam folder!

Can we have a pet at the dorms? I didn’t think we could but I was looking at the tuition details and there’s a $300 dollar pet fee so I wasn’t sure

My GF got an email from Ross. She got one email from Ross with her welcome packet pdf and at the end it said "If you have not received the email surrounding the semester start, please let me know and I will forward it separately. If it's not in your regular email folder, please check you spam folder". That was sent from her New Student Coordinator.
Oh just saw that! Dang. I have mixed feelings for sure haha

Hey everyone! I was offered an interview with Ross for September 3, so so excited and grateful!! I was wondering if someone could let me know how their interview was and if y'all had any tips or advice for me :) Thanks!!

Hey everyone! I was offered an interview with Ross for September 3, so so excited and grateful!! I was wondering if someone could let me know how their interview was and if y'all had any tips or advice for me :) Thanks!!
Hi there! I did my interview a couple months ago now and it was really casual and they really wanted to get a sense of me and my experiences. I talked a lot about my research and involvement with my university and that was honestly most of my interview. It was honestly more of a conversation. Just be prepared to talk about yourself and all the great things about you! Maybe see you in January!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I am starting January 2022 if anyone wants to maybe start a group chat! I'm so excited to go to Ross this January but also extremely nervous. Also what does the colors mean for the classes? I just found out our color is pink and have no idea what that means haha!

Hi everyone! I am starting January 2022 if anyone wants to maybe start a group chat! I'm so excited to go to Ross this January but also extremely nervous. Also what does the colors mean for the classes? I just found out our color is pink and have no idea what that means haha!
Each class has its own color to represent their class and also you all vote on your class mascot (although they might be switching to one central Ross mascot sometime in the future, not sure).

I just submitted my application through VMCAS. How long after did you hear about an interview?

I just submitted my application through VMCAS. How long after did you hear about an interview?
Unfortunately I applied hoping to be in the fall 2021 class, but due to some transcript errors my app was pending until I submitted proof that I was enrolled in a course they wanted me to retake. From previous experience it takes a bit of time with VMCAS due to transcript verification, maybe 2-3 weeks

Unfortunately I applied hoping to be in the fall 2021 class, but due to some transcript errors my app was pending until I submitted proof that I was enrolled in a course they wanted me to retake. From previous experience it takes a bit of time with VMCAS due to transcript verification, maybe 2-3 weeks
Thank you! I wa just curious. I know some wait until a specific date to look at applications and some will look and review while they come in.

Hey everyone! I’m also an incoming Rossie in the Spring semester of 2022. I just wanted to say hey and would want to chat or something.

Hey everyone! I’m also an incoming Rossie in the Spring semester of 2022. I just wanted to say hey and would want to chat or something.
Hello! I am also an incoming Rossie this spring! I was hoping to meet people and potentially make a group chat to get to know each other!

Hey everyone! I just completed my interview with Ross yesterday. She told me that I won't hear anything until last week of September or the first week of October. I applied for Fall 2022 but considering May 2022.

Hey everyone! I just completed my interview with Ross yesterday. She told me that I won't hear anything until last week of September or the first week of October. I applied for Fall 2022 but considering May 2022.
How long after you submitted your application did you get offered an interview?

I'm pretty nervous because I still haven't heard anything from Ross whereas other people are getting interviews now...I had a question for admissions about one of my prerequisites as well, and they haven't responded to me even though I've emailed multiple times. I'm sure they're very busy this time of year but it's stressing me out.

I'm pretty nervous because I still haven't heard anything from Ross whereas other people are getting interviews now...I had a question for admissions about one of my prerequisites as well, and they haven't responded to me even though I've emailed multiple times. I'm sure they're very busy this time of year but it's stressing me out.

I contacted Ross the other night through their chat thing on their website and they put a request in for admissions to contact me. I got an email today saying my VMCAS application was received and is being processed at this time. I applied for next fall, so they may be focusing on applications for people interested in starting in May!!

I contacted Ross the other night through their chat thing on their website and they put a request in for admissions to contact me. I got an email today saying my VMCAS application was received and is being processed at this time. I applied for next fall, so they may be focusing on applications for people interested in starting in May!!
It would make sense if they're focusing on May applicants right now...I had just hoped they would reply to me before I submitted my app, so if there was any issues with my prereqs I could try to fix it before applying. I worry that they might just reject me off the bat now that I've already submitted.

It would make sense if they're focusing on May applicants right now...I had just hoped they would reply to me before I submitted my app, so if there was any issues with my prereqs I could try to fix it before applying. I worry that they might just reject me off the bat now that I've already submitted.
What type of problem were you having with a prereq?

What type of problem were you having with a prereq?
I wanted to make sure that the course I had taken would count for their requirement, or if I would need to take an additional course.

Has anybody heard back from their interviewer yet?

Hey all! I just got an email today inviting me to interview at Ross. What’s the interview like with them??

Hey all! I just got an email today inviting me to interview at Ross. What’s the interview like with them??
Congratulations! It was very relaxed. I was suppose to have an interview with Ruth but my interview ended up being with Jeanice whom was very nice and was intrigued with what I had to say. It was more of a conversation than an interview. She asked me to tell her about myself, went over my academic grades, what was my most challenging course and how did I handle it, and my future career goals. I never got asked why a vet or why ross although I was prepared for those questions. I would probably still prepare for those questions just in case and make sure you ask questions at the end. Good Luck and just relax! :)