You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
RVC 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1207342
So some people got accepted to the 4 year program but a delayed start date until fall 2026 and some people got into the 5 year program with a waitlist for the 4 year program?
Super interesting!
Super interesting!
Right? I didn’t expect thisSo some people got accepted to the 4 year program but a delayed start date until fall 2026 and some people got into the 5 year program with a waitlist for the 4 year program?
Super interesting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seaturtle_tech
New Member
Got accepted into the 5 year and waitlisted for the 4 year as well, but finally the wait is over! 😭
We haven’t received information about that yet, they said they’ll a follow up email with additional information (which I hope will tell us about that)For those of you who got offered a delayed start, are you still expected to give a deposit this summer or is that also delayed?
katiekkaatt
Full Member
In their email they said, "Unfortunately, having completed our initial allocation of offers, we are unable to make you an offer for the above course at present due to the high performance of the cohort." This might mean that they've finished acceptances and they're moving on to sending out waitlist notifications, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to hear back soon, the wait is dreadful! Best of luck!! 🍀💚With deferred acceptances going out now do you guys think no more acceptances for this fall will go out?
katiekkaatt
Full Member
I'm not super sure how I feel yet! I would much rather be in the 4-year cohort just to avoid another year of tuition lol, but I spoke to one of my professors today, and he said that it might be a good way to ease into the vet school curriculum, which I agree with!for those who did get accepted into the 5 year and waitlisted for 4 (me too), what are your thoughts about the program?
alyssa13
Full Member
that upsets me so much as they saidf they would send out acceptances and rejections as they reivew applications... seems like they trickled out acceptances first before sending any non acceptances they shouldve just sent everything at once if thats the case :/In their email they said, "Unfortunately, having completed our initial allocation of offers, we are unable to make you an offer for the above course at present due to the high performance of the cohort." This might mean that they've finished acceptances and they're moving on to sending out waitlist notifications, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to hear back soon, the wait is dreadful! Best of luck!! 🍀💚
seaturtle_tech
New Member
Has anyone gotten the follow-up email regarding their acceptance?
katiekkaatt
Full Member
I haven't yetHas anyone gotten the follow-up email regarding their acceptance?
langdonj
Full Member
The email makes it seem like I’d have to pay by August 31, but it also says that they will send out more details about paying the deposit in late spring.For those of you who got offered a delayed start, are you still expected to give a deposit this summer or is that also delayed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't gotten one either. Do you know if that is where they would give us more information about the offer holder days/registration?Has anyone gotten the follow-up email regarding their acceptance?
seaturtle_tech
New Member
Yea I would believe so, in their email they said I would be receiving the offer email very shortly but haven’t gotten anything since thenI haven't gotten one either. Do you know if that is where they would give us more information about the offer holder days/registration?
leafygreencow
Full Member
I would love to hear from a current student who moved from America to RVC for the 4 year program if anyone is available to give their feedback 🩷
lucinda jupiter
Full Member
I still am waiting to hear back. I interviewed Nov 22 in LAIs anyone else still waiting to hear back?
ChocolateTurtles
VMCVM c/o 2029
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?
I interviewed 11/16 in Charlotte and havent heard anything either! I feel like I havent seen many people from my day hear back which is confusing/concerning
nlh
Full Member
I also interviewed in Charlotte and haven't heard anything... But I was already bumped to the 5 yr pool and would also be paying resident tuition so low key am thinking I am one of the last on the list to hear back lolI interviewed 11/16 in Charlotte and havent heard anything either! I feel like I havent seen many people from my day hear back which is confusing/concerning
katiekkaatt
Full Member
Has anyone who received the offer for the 5-year program/waitlisted for the 4-year not received the follow-up email about the 5-year program? I feel like I should wait for them to message me, but I keep telling myself the offer I received was an accident, and that's why they haven't emailed LOL I feel like I'm going crazy
kaybear
tufts V29
yeah i received it! They tailor the conditional offer to the classes you're taking so maybe thats why it's taking longerHas anyone who received the offer for the 5-year program/waitlisted for the 4-year not received the follow-up email about the 5-year program? I feel like I should wait for them to message me, but I keep telling myself the offer I received was an accident, and that's why they haven't emailed LOL I feel like I'm going crazy
katiekkaatt
Full Member
That's good to know, thank you so much!!yeah i received it! They tailor the conditional offer to the classes you're taking so maybe thats why it's taking longer
ChocolateTurtles
VMCVM c/o 2029
Has anyone heard anything? I’m still waiting [emoji24]
Same :/ I think maybe there will be silence for the week only because they are having their first offer holder days and they probably have their hands full
Has anyone heard anything? I’m still waiting 😭
Same :/ I think maybe there will be silence for the week only because they are having their first offer holder days and they probably have their hands full
Is this for the 5 year programme? There’s been decisions going out yesterday on Student Room despite the offer holder days. So it’s likely there have been decisions today too. Remember, no news is good news.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thevetsalad
RVC c/o '29
Is there a groupme/whatsapp for people with the delayed start in 2026? I'd love to keep in touch!
ChocolateTurtles
VMCVM c/o 2029
I'm starting to think they forgot about me :') radio silence since my interview. anyone else waiting to hear back?
I am!
lucinda jupiter
Full Member
I'm also still waiting.I'm starting to think they forgot about me :') radio silence since my interview. anyone else waiting to hear back?
ChocolateTurtles
VMCVM c/o 2029
do you guys think no response yet is a good sign? because i saw they are maxed out on acceptances for this fall (?) so to me no word is starting to seem like a silent rejection especially since people have been getting decisions for about 1 month now :/
Where did you see they were maxed out?
leafygreencow
Full Member
Is there a groupchat for accepted 4 year students?
I can make one!Is there a groupme/whatsapp for people with the delayed start in 2026? I'd love to keep in touch!
You're invited to my new group 'RVC 2026 Offer Holders' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe - Join the group for RVC 2026 Offer Holders
lucinda jupiter
Full Member
This is also how it is starting to feel to me.do you guys think no response yet is a good sign? because i saw they are maxed out on acceptances for this fall (?) so to me no word is starting to seem like a silent rejection especially since people have been getting decisions for about 1 month now :/
lucinda jupiter
Full Member
I just got an email that I am on hold/waitlisted for the 4-year program. I wonder if it is because they initially accepted more people before getting to all applicants.
I also am on the hold list!I just got an email that I am on hold/waitlisted for the 4-year program. I wonder if it is because they initially accepted more people before getting to all applicants. View attachment 399343
kaybear
tufts V29
Yeah I wondered this too, I am curious to how their rolling admissions works exactly and how they choose who to review next.I just got an email that I am on hold/waitlisted for the 4-year program. I wonder if it is because they initially accepted more people before getting to all applicants. View attachment 399343
Just got back from UK. Family trip, but my son was accepted to RVC for 2026 so we got a tour of both campuses. Camden and Hawkshead. Wow, really impressive - anyone going to RVC won't be disappointed. Ambassadors were super friendly and informative and the facilities and program supports are top notch. Good luck to everyone.
nlh
Full Member
Hold list for 5yr program (resident / IS). The email said "Unfortunately, having completed our initial allocation of offers, we are unable to make you an offer for the above course at present due to the high performance of the cohort..." so I think they are now sending out holds and rejections only, at least for those in the 5yr pool.
Wishing everyone luck and congrats to those who got accepted!!
Wishing everyone luck and congrats to those who got accepted!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be rejecting my offer soon so I hope one of y'all takes my spot!
Out of curiosity did you get an offer for the 5 year or 4 year?I will be rejecting my offer soon so I hope one of y'all takes my spot!
The 4 yearOut of curiosity did you get an offer for the 5 year or 4 year?
dvminmyfuture29
New Member
Anyone from in the accelerated 4yr program planning on accepting the offer and potentially needing a roommate let me know!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K