RVU-COM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:thumbdown:
What is up with the scripture quotes...all the talk about the "Maker" in lecture, why not just run it as a Christian school? Or while we are at it lets make it a military school since 40 or so students are on military scholarships.

Call me whatever word you choose...I'm just gonna keep my head down, study some, play more, enjoy my life and see what the outcome is.

Back to neuro...:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbdown:
What is up with the scripture quotes...all the talk about the "Maker" in lecture, why not just run it as a Christian school? Or while we are at it lets make it a military school since 40 or so students are on military scholarships.

Call me whatever word you choose...I'm just gonna keep my head down, study some, play more, enjoy my life and see what the outcome is.

Back to neuro...:thumbup:

Are we playing bible scriptures now? I'm in!

You want food for thought? Try Leviticus 11:9-12 and Deuteronomy 14:9-10

Next time you put on your scrubs think about Leviticus 19:19 and Deuteronomy 22:11

I roll... old school. Matthew 5:19-5:19

Are we playing bible scriptures now? I'm in!

You want food for thought? Try Leviticus 11:9-12 and Deuteronomy 14:9-10

Next time you put on your scrubs think about Leviticus 19:19 and Deuteronomy 22:11

I roll... old school. Matthew 5:19-5:19

ur too much ignis...love your moniker too...modest much?:)

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all, I visited RVU and think it is a fine school. I personally know one of the professors there who I met in the past. Students seem to be doing well academically. It was in a very nice neighborhood though there was no sign stating "RVU COM" However, the most important factor in getting into a solid residency and becoming a great physician is the student herself/himself.

Secondly, life is about risks and what one feels comfortable with. If you don't feel comfortable with RVU, why don't you transfer out or not attend it? I read the thick 100 page guide and did not see a stipulation that you can't transfer. I, myself, will take a risk going to a United States (LCME) MD school as they utilize the Problem Based Learning (PBL) curriculum, which is approximately 15-25 of contact hours per week versus the typical 30-35 hours per week at a DO school.

Third, we are all going to be physicians, one way or another so don't worry too much. If you are extremely concerned about going to RVU, how about consider retaking your MCAT or taking more classes to bump up your GPA? As a pharmacy student interviewer for 3 years, those are the advice I gave to pre-professional students trying to get into professional (pharmacy & medical) schools. I bet if you LEARNED and APPLIED some MCAT test taking strategies you can easily bump your MCAT scores to double digits and higher on the sections. (P.S. Kaplan and Princeton Review offered to hire me but I refused as my MCAT teaching tactics are much better than what they teach.) The MCAT is the most quickest way to increase your credential and land you in a school you WANT to attend.

So best of luck to everyone who is deciding to attend RVU or not. Like I said earlier, we will ALL be physicians one way or another. Let's not sweat TOO much of the small stuff.

Most sincere,
PharmD & MD student
[email protected]
"Great work is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration" T Edison
"Where there is love of medicine, there is love for humanity." Hippocrates

I was in Parker CO Monday shopping for a place to live for next year, and decided to go check things out at RVU.
Students had just finished taking their Neuro. final and surprisingly they were still smiling. Everything was BAU, I talked to Admission’s and they assured me that there was nothing to worry about. I personally, don’t understand why people are freaking out about this. The for-profit status has nothing to do with any of this…Are you telling me that employees or board members in non profit institutions never change??? This is ludicrous! It seems that people just like to criticize just for the sake of criticizing. So far I see only one current student freaking out, the rest are all satisfied and are not at all worried. The odds of 1 to +150 are good enough for me.

Hurry Hurry the sky is falling the sky is falling... We have a meeting with Mr Black... I wonder if Mr. Blue, Mr. White, Mr. Pink or Mr. Green will show up as well...

3 more weeks then 3 more years and we will be Doc's.. I think thats the important take home message of the short and skinny. Hope you read the First Line!!

Hurry Hurry the sky is falling the sky is falling... We have a meeting with Mr Black... I wonder if Mr. Blue, Mr. White, Mr. Pink or Mr. Green will show up as well...

3 more weeks then 3 more years and we will be Doc's.. I think thats the important take home message of the short and skinny. Hope you read the First Line!!

Dibbs on Mr. Pink

Hello, I am a provisional student at RVUCOM for the 2013 class and have a question about how screwed I might be...??

Situation: On my primary/secondary application, where it asked you to disclose any criminal history/misdemeanors I said none, which was advice given to me by my lawyer.

However, back in 2003 I got an MIP and a possession of marijuana charge (had a joint), which are both misdemeanors. I got a lawyer and recieved an SIS (suspended imposition sentence) from the judge so that I didn't have to plead guilty, just had to be on probation for some time and take a class.

Moreover, now I have to fill out the background check form for RVUCOM, which clearly states they want to know about ANY misdemeanor charges from the past. So I plan to send in an ammendment with the background check form explaining that I wasn't sure whether or not I had to disclose my past due to advice given by my lawyer but now in light of the "phase 2 FBI fingerprint check" it is clear to both of us that this information be disclosed.

Anyone else have knowledge/advice on my situation?? Think RVUCOM will just think I lied and give me the boot???

Hello, I am a provisional student at RVUCOM for the 2013 class and have a question about how screwed I might be...??

Situation: On my primary/secondary application, where it asked you to disclose any criminal history/misdemeanors I said none, which was advice given to me by my lawyer.

However, back in 2003 I got an MIP and a possession of marijuana charge (had a joint), which are both misdemeanors. I got a lawyer and recieved an SIS (suspended imposition sentence) from the judge so that I didn't have to plead guilty, just had to be on probation for some time and take a class.

Moreover, now I have to fill out the background check form for RVUCOM, which clearly states they want to know about ANY misdemeanor charges from the past. So I plan to send in an ammendment with the background check form explaining that I wasn't sure whether or not I had to disclose my past due to advice given by my lawyer but now in light of the "phase 2 FBI fingerprint check" it is clear to both of us that this information be disclosed.

Anyone else have knowledge/advice on my situation?? Think RVUCOM will just think I lied and give me the boot???

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I would think that it would be best to call the school and discuss this with them. I mean they are going to find out anyway so you might want to discuss it with them. Full disclosure would have probably been best from the start, but since it's too late for that try and explain the circumstances and see what they have to say. Just my opinion (which has been wrong before and will be again). Other people may have added insight and will hopefully post.

Either way, good luck. :)

Were you convicted? If you were never convicted you are not a criminal?

Lawyers can be sued for malpractice just like doc can also. (especially in NV - RunningRebel... UNLV??)

I could be wrong on both accounts but try not to worry, it will work out

Were you convicted? If you were never convicted you are not a criminal?

I could be wrong on both accounts but try not to worry, it will work out

I would be careful with the "it will work out" statement. Not to be argumentative, but you do realize that state licensing boards don't have to grant a license, convicted or not.

Anyway, that is the other thing I meant to mention earlier but forgot. You (runninrebel) may want to also discuss the matter with the licensing boards in the states you hope to practice. They will find anything and everything (or so I was told) that you have done, and regardless of conviction or not, they can choose to deny a license to practice medicine.

I know this for sure to be the case in Colorado, as I contacted the board about a harassment charge I had from about 20 years ago. It was totally dropped--no plea or anything--just dropped, but I was told that even it could (and probably would) be found. It was at this point I was informed that it is at the boards discretion on whether or not to grant a license. They do not hold to the guilty/non guilty mindset-- they are not bound to grant a license to anyone regardless of the outcome of any criminal charge(s).

That being said, I would be hopeful that it would not cause you any problems, but I would look into it now rather than later. I would imagine that this policy varies from state to state and some might be more strict than others. Personally, I wanted to be sure I would not have any trouble getting a license to practice BEFORE I dropped tons of money on the education.

Again, good luck! :)

I would definitely get a hold of RVU (probably Mikayla Jacob, the accreditation lawyer) and let them know what is going on. I don't know if it's necessary to contact a licensing board, but ask her for sure. This is one of those things you don't want in the back of your mind, so just clear it up now.

I would definitely get a hold of RVU (probably Mikayla Jacob, the accreditation lawyer) and let them know what is going on. I don't know if it's necessary to contact a licensing board, but ask her for sure. This is one of those things you don't want in the back of your mind, so just clear it up now.

Exactly. I chose to go straight to the CO licensing board for answers, but as long as he/she gets a definitive answer so there are no problems later-- It would suck to invest all that time/money on the education only to find out you can't be granted a license...ouch.

Members don't see this ad :)

Okay so I will say that I have a similar experience. I had a felony theft and a misdemeanor assault on my juvenile record. I got a defferred sentence which is essentially the same thing. Neither of these things show up on my background check for my naval commssion or my background check with Rocky Vista. So while technically it shouldn't be a concern about it showing up it is something you should put down. I got a call from Makayla Jacobs (sp?) asking about them and it is more of a problem with can they get you licensed than your personality traits.

If you decided not to disclose and they somehow out of the clear blue sky found out you could be released from the COM via it rules for disclosure.
I definitely would email/call annomynously contact the school to find out more. I am not a lawyer and I don't certify you for the boards. So long as it was a while back and you don't have more convictions it should not preclude you from attending. They don't want you to go through four years of greuling work if in the end you can't practice medicine because you are unable to get a license.

As I said I left full disclosure and put it in there hands and felt that I had fair treatment. I am currently an OMS-I going to OMS-II Integument,OSCE,Neuro Final Pending. So while your lawyer may be right and they can't access it it still could create a moral conundrum if you did not disclose. Good Luck and if you have more questions or want any other help PM me.

Interesting question all things considered...;)

Go with full disclosure. Be honest. They are trying to actually protect you from making a $200K mistake. They want to make sure you can get licensure after graduation, not judge you based on past issues.

heard your school fired nearly all the board members, good job.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or a serious statement...care to elaborate?

read the main osteo board, there is a topic there. it may sounds like I really dislike RVU student. I don't. I really dislike the idea of a for-profit medical education.

read the main osteo board, there is a topic there. it may sounds like I really dislike RVU student. I don't. I really dislike the idea of a for-profit medical education.

good for you...move on with your life and get over it. The school is awesome and will add many brilliant physicians to the country. I urge others to ignore the same people over and over who have nothing else better to do then to write about the same things about RVU, their goal is to start negative ideas about the school (which we all know is FOR PROFIT). If you dont like it then go do something else and go to a different school. For those coming or thinking about coming to RVU good luck, its a great school with a bright future. Change is a common thing today and in this case it was for the good =) Thanks

Last edited:
good for you...move on with your life and get over it. The school is awesome and will add many brilliant physicians to the country. I urge others to ignore the same people over and over who have nothing else better to do then to write about the same things about RVU, their goal is to start negative ideas about the school (which we all know is FOR PROFIT). If you dont like it then go do something else and go to a different school. For those coming or thinking about coming to RVU good luck, its a great school with a bright future. Change is a common thing today and in this case it was for the good =) Thanks

here, here!:thumbup:

I encourage you guys to check out the thread on the osteopathic forum. Sounds like things are getting out of control. My advice would be to back out while you still can.

I encourage you guys to check out the thread on the osteopathic forum. Sounds like things are getting out of control. My advice would be to back out while you still can.

I encourage you to go study and to stay out of RVU topics. We are students at the school and nothing is getting out of control. Many people have started rumors. We had a class meeting about RVU topics and things are fine, there is no reason to listen to people who do not even go to the school saying "back out" thats actually really funny

Maybe you should go back into your bathroom stall, take a poop, talk on your cell phone and type on your laptop in a different forum. Just going off of your current location...:thumbup:

As a student at RVU, I can attest to what is happening in my school. IMO, nothing is out of control. If you feel that you need more information, I suggest contacting the school directly and not listen to anonymous posters on this or other forums. The information you get is often fueled by ulterior motives and second or third hand information.

Over 100 RVU student signatures on the way to the AOA/COCA says otherwise.

You signed, too, and voiced the same concerns, Ms. Paramed.

The AOA/COCA will intervene.

Please do not deceive those on SDN and propagate the lies any further.

AOA President's Blog and Osteopathic Medical Forum - let the Residents/Attendings/Physicians speak on the truths surrounding the latest events.

AOA President's Blog and Osteopathic Medical Forum - let the Residents/Attendings/Physicians speak on the truths surrounding the latest events.

Funny you talk about lies...since lies were told to many students that walked into school to be surrounded by a few students who are in need of attention "to take matters in their own hands" really not a smart thing to do, but they want attention even if it means hurting their own school haha

Half the people on that list were pressured into signing and do not even know details of the letter. go study and pass your tests instead of worring so much

listen, you are in a captive situation. your school is a business being run for a profit.

Your school could raise tuition to 70K a year, and you can't do anything about it.

Oh yeah, you want to complain about the school? they will see to that you have a ****ty dean's letter.

good luck.

Ok so enough bashing and back and forth and comments from those that have nothing to do with RVU.

If anyone has any questions about class, books, where to live, or anything else that will be beneficial to other students in regards to attending RVU please post here or PM me. please ignore the other repatative comments. Lets look forward and focus on studies. good luck to everyone even those who dont go to RVU

Our student voices have been heard - the majority. Those who read and agreed with what the letter to the AOA stated - chose to sign. Simple truths - copies were there for all to read.

No more lies, please.

Only the select few with RVU-backed scholarships, some on the SGA (the president of the SGA agreed and signed! THAT'S INTEGRITY), and those with fear of administrative retribution, did not sign.

100 RVUCOM Student Signatures on the way to AOA/COCA this very moment. A second list is already composed - taking that number to new heights and emphasizing our desires for the AOA/COCA to intervene. If anything, our classmates have shown a true integrity - a strength and goodness I never would have imagined - traits worthy of future physicians. I'm still proud to be an RVUCOM student for that reason alone.

We've truth on our side - and we are backed by local physicians and the community. We've chosen not to disrespect those that once supported US as students and the direction of our school.

To those who wondered if/why other D.O. schools would accept students into their programs IF RVU failed for any reason, it is b/c that is the benefit of being recognized w/ provisional accreditation by the AOA.

One of the benefits of this is that you will be granted a spot at another institution if something causes your school to close (I'm not sure if this means they'd have to take you THAT year, or if they have a year or two to absorb the students). D.O. students-->other AOA accredited schools and M.D. students-->AAMC accredited schools. I assume there are caveats such that you must have been achieving a certain GPA and certain courses may not transfer just as for any transfers. This is the policy that guaranteed students impacted by Hurricane Katrina to continue their studies at other institutions...even if their home institution had no idea when it would reopen.

Ross, SGU, Saba, etc. are not accredited by the AAMC and therefore, if they closed, their students would not be guaranteed a spot in the U.S. medical education system.

To those who wondered if/why other D.O. schools would accept students into their programs IF RVU failed for any reason, it is b/c that is the benefit of being recognized w/ provisional accreditation by the AOA.

One of the benefits of this is that you will be granted a spot at another institution if something causes your school to close (I'm not sure if this means they'd have to take you THAT year, or if they have a year or two to absorb the students). D.O. students-->other AOA accredited schools and M.D. students-->AAMC accredited schools. I assume there are caveats such that you must have been achieving a certain GPA and certain courses may not transfer just as for any transfers. This is the policy that guaranteed students impacted by Hurricane Katrina to continue their studies at other institutions...even if their home institution had no idea when it would reopen.

Ross, SGU, Saba, etc. are not accredited by the AAMC and therefore, if they closed, their students would not be guaranteed a spot in the U.S. medical education system.

where did that come from??? haha RVU is not even close to that. Nice time though to throw in your .02

where did that come from??? haha RVU is not even close to that. Nice time though to throw in your .02

Where did what come from? There were a few posts on the last page discussing WHY any other schools would absorb the students from RVU if it closed:
IF, on the 1 in a billion chance that the school goes under, they will transfer us to another accredited program.

should MD schools be forced to take caribean kids if ROSS closes? Because RVU is practically a caribean school on mainland that somehow gets accredited.

Or did you mean the info regarding failed/disrupted schools? That's part of having provisional accreditation, and you can get that info from any of the schools...and I assume buried somewhere in the AOA and AAMC info online.

Last edited:
Maybe you should go back into your bathroom stall, take a poop, talk on your cell phone and type on your laptop in a different forum. Just going off of your current location...:thumbup:

As a student at RVU, I can attest to what is happening in my school. IMO, nothing is out of control. If you feel that you need more information, I suggest contacting the school directly and not listen to anonymous posters on this or other forums. The information you get is often fueled by ulterior motives and second or third hand information.

Actually I have been following RVU from the beginning. Although I'm not a student at RVU, Colorado and the the people there are near and dear to me. My advice stands. If you have other options, best take them and avoid even potential problems with your education. Take that with a grain of salt if you wish, but I do mean it respectfully. Sounds like many of you already have your mind made up. Either way, I wish all of you luck.

Firing a dean who is one of the most respected leaders of the osteopathic profession as well as the board of trustees who supported him is change for the good?

I know what I signed and why...to make sure that everything at RVU is ethical. Not to challenge anyone, or to make it so Dean Martin gets his job back.

In reality, I believe that the Dean was not forced out. He likely feels that he did wrong and is now paying for his mistake. Or actually, he is being paid for his mistake (a generous severance package likely in the 6 or 7 figures). I think it is a personal matter what is happening to him and he deserves respect for what he has accomplished within his profession.

If you believe that I am decieving, cross my signature off the list. I see two sides to the story. There are no lies being propagated. The AOA and COCA should be involved with the decision to pay off Ronnie B to leave the school quietly. Has he taken the time to speak with the class? That is an emphatic no. Why? Because he signed too choose to sign a piece of paper to make his life easier. And in that paper there is a stipulation for him to keep his mouth shut. Same reason the lawyer and others can't give up details.

The school is in the AOA's hands ultimately right. Aren't they the ones who allow the school to become accredited? Call me naive, but I think what is going out will likely work out for the best. I still have 100% faith in my school, that is why I choose to go to school there. I'm not considering leaving and wouldn't want to if given the opportunity.

Why don't we all just shut up on our annonymous forum and let some time pass and see what happens? If this were to go down over the summer break, know one would have been the wiser. How would you have felt then? That leads me to believe that the change over that is occuring needed to happen. Believe what you may. Get back to studying and wait for the outcome.

Liz (at least I don't front my identity like you DO Downer...)

For those who still may be considering this school, you would do well to read this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8203401#post8203401

Remember, when you enroll at a medical school transferring to another institution isn't a simple matter like it is in the undergrad world.

Believe it or not, there are things far worse than not getting in during a particular application cycle...

...Getting in, running up a couple of years of student loans and failing out.
...Getting in, running up a couple of years of student loans, and having your school fail.
...Getting in, running up four years of student loans, and not having a residency to go to.

Admission is merely the first test. Don't try to pass it in such a way that endangers your future career.

I truly hope that RVU will fail, but unfortunately, this tragedy will be placed on the students.

scenario 1: AOA come down to RVU, disaccredit the school, students transfer, best scenario, really, but unlikely.

scenario 2: school continues operation, owner of the school begin to extract fund at increasing pace, cutting corners everywhere while attempting to produce a school that focus on getting students to the best residencies with least amount of money spent on education.

this results in a school that essentially become a big USMLE prep class.

also, I predict outrageous hike in tuition because current students are essentially trapped. They may have a hard time transfer due to the dean, now controlled by the business man, can do harm to the applicant.

I predict the tuition per year end up becoming 60k-80k alone.

When match time comes, RVU students will most likely have very bad results with the allopathic residencies, due to the double stigma of both being caribean-equivalent and DO.

I doubt many DO residencies will choose RVU candidates if there are other equal candidates available, and I doubt that among all those turmoil, RVU students will be prepared very well.

In summary, RVU will eventually fail and the foremost victims will be its students.

DO NOT ATTEND RVU, TRANSFER OUT IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE.

wow, didn't know rvucom was in this kind of turmoil...was actually thinking of applying to this school.

its the same people from last year WHO DONT EVEN GO TO THE SCHOOL, HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN THE SCHOOL that keep posting neg comments.

apply, interview and make your own judgments. these other people are brainwashers who have nothing else better to do then click on RVU discussion thread and post the same things in every thread. Go look...they copy and past the same thing everywhere in hope the school get closed down since its for profit...its so sad there are that many low class people on this forum. Then they just make new accounts and keep posting same thing over and over again.

Curriculum - 1st year. This should put a lid on talks about being prepared for boards

Foundations of medicine - Dr. Stephen Putthoff - He was in charge of TCOM curriculum for the past 20 years.

Gross Anatomy/Embryo- Dr. Walter Buck - his name should ring a few bells

OPP - Dr. Eric Gish - from TCOM

Dean of student affairs/ Pharmacology - Dr. Mike Martin - From TCOM

Clinical Medicine - Dr. Joesph Stasio - former Nova faculty

MSK system - Dr. Bentley

Psychiatry - Dr. Doug Gennens - Visiting physician who teached at KCUMB

Neuro - Dr. Purvis - teaches at NOVA

Integument - Dr. Tom Mohr

Standardized patients - Dr. Lorreta Graham -employed by the National Board of Medical Examiners

Dean for 3rd and 4th years rotations - Dr. Greg Smith - From TCOM

http://www.rockyvistauniversity.org/dept_facultyaz.asp

I urge everyone to look at the facts and not Miss cleo predictions from many of the posters on here. On that note I am 100% sure we are getting a very competative education compared to other schools. i also encourage my classmates who monitor this thread to make an account and give your opinons as well, instead of letting people who dont even go to the school post about it. Thanks

Last edited:
Curriculum - 1st year. This should put a lid on talks about being prepared for boards

Foundations of medicine - Dr. Stephen Putthoff - He was in charge of TCOM curriculum for the past 20 years.

Gross Anatomy/Embryo- Dr. Walter Buck - his name should ring a few bells

OPP - Dr. Eric Gish - from TCOM

Dean of student affairs/ Pharmacology - Dr. Mike Martin - From TCOM

Clinical Medicine - Dr. Joesph Stasio - former Nova faculty

MSK system - Dr. Bentley

Psychiatry - Dr. Doug Gennens - Visiting physician who teached at KCUMB

Neuro - Dr. Purvis - teaches at NOVA

Integument - Dr. Tom Mohr

Standardized patients - Dr. Lorreta Graham -employed by the National Board of Medical Examiners

Dean for 3rd and 4th years rotations - Dr. Greg Smith - From TCOM

http://www.rockyvistauniversity.org/dept_facultyaz.asp

I urge everyone to look at the facts and not Miss cleo predictions from many of the posters on here. On that note I am 100% sure we are getting a very competative education compared to other schools. i also encourage my classmates who monitor this thread to make an account and give your opinons as well, instead of letting people who dont even go to the school post about it. Thanks

faculties mean nothing. Author of a well known pathology textbook teaches at a freaking caribean school.

let me just try to ask one question to perspective students.

would you rather study in somewhere where everyone in the medical establishment is hoping your school fail?

I rest my case.

Hi there Liz- Paramediclizard, I met you when I interviewed in February. I am excepted for next year but I do have some concerns. Can you tell me what is really going on there- who was fired, whats going on with the board etc. I would really like to know the facts not just other pre-meds with no idea whats going on either.

Hi there Liz- Paramediclizard, I met you when I interviewed in February. I am excepted for next year but I do have some concerns. Can you tell me what is really going on there- who was fired, whats going on with the board etc. I would really like to know the facts not just other pre-meds with no idea whats going on either.

Hey CO Buffs...congrats on your acceptance.

Please PM me and I can give you my email and number to chat.

This Handy character is a joke. I talked to a number of doctors and they laughed when i told them the "problems" with the school. They thought the "for-profit" thing was even more meaningless.

When at an interview at another DO school, the clinical director asked everyone what other DO schools they were considering. When I told him that I was looking at Rocky Vista, he stopped me and told me that he really felt that great things were going on there. True story.

So sometimes we forget that high schoolers can post on these forums. O well.

This Handy character is a joke. I talked to a number of doctors and they laughed when i told them the "problems" with the school. They thought the "for-profit" thing was even more meaningless.

When at an interview at another DO school, the clinical director asked everyone what other DO schools they were considering. When I told him that I was looking at Rocky Vista, he stopped me and told me that he really felt that great things were going on there. True story.

So sometimes we forget that high schoolers can post on these forums. O well.

stockhelm syndrome.

I am a medical student in a MD school. I come here with nothing but compassion, trying to prevent future pre-DOs from attending a school that is clearly in turmoil.

Last edited:
Handy and HarMegido --- Go poison your own threads.

Good ****s still going down at this school and I'm stoked to be a part of it.

stockhelm syndrome.

I am a medical student in a MD school. I come here with nothing but compassion, trying to prevent future pre-DOs from attending a school that is clearly in turmoil.

No...you are a pre-med holding acceptances to MD schools THIS YEAR:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7843058#post7843058
It's a good MD school, but even that doesn't make you a medical student PRIOR TO ENROLLING?!
(Notice how some of us haven't changed our status yet?).
And as someone who works for MSSM and Columbia's Med schools, I suggest you eat a piece of humble pie before you show up...Or you can wait for your profs and peers to put your attitude in its place. Hopefully, you only manage to be so much of a jerk when you have anonymity.

Last edited: