school list help! (514 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, 3.2 sGPA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nutritionnut8917

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning on applying this upcoming cycle! I am mainly concerned about how low my GPA is, especially my science GPA. My last two years of college I maintained a overall ~3.9 GPA, but my upper division courses were in Nutrition Sciences (my major) so they did not raise my crappy sGPA. I do have an upward trend at least, but I am not sure how much that really helps!

Here is some more info..
  1. MCAT: 514
  2. Caucasian female, CA resident
  3. Goes to a University of California University
  4. 220 hours of shadowing
  5. 120 hours of volunteer clinical experience
  6. 9 months of research experience in cancer lab
  7. 620 hours of community service
  8. 4-year member and president of college sports team, sorority, pre-health club, + more random extracurriculars
  9. interested in rural medicine - from a small town
Schools I am thinking of applying to - all the UCs in CA, USC, Albany, NYMC, Wake Forest, Rush, Rosalind Franklin in Chicago, Colorado, Tulane, Drexel, Tufts, U of Arizona - both, Quinnipac, Thomas Jefferson, Indiana, NY downstate, Hofstra, Rowan, Central Michigan, Wayne State, Oakland, Minnesota, Stryker, Medical College of Wisconsin

Any help with my school list would be much appreciated. I am worried I am going to get filtered out because of my low sGPA. Any thoughts on my picks so far of schools I should add or remove? I know I am applying to a lot but I want the best chance possible! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Loma Linda
California University (new school)
Kaiser (if it opens for 2019)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools.
The public state MD schools on your list are not realistic with your sGPA since you are a non resident.