This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smallfries2005

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT: 20 AA, 19 TS, 21 OC, 18 GC, 18 BIO, 20 RC, 21 QR, 21 PAT
oGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.4
Shadowing Hours: 115 (general dentist)
Volunteer Hours: ~100
Working in pharmaceutical Quality Control for 1.5 years.

Please advise whether I should leave list as is or add/delete schools? Thanks!

School List:
University of Illinois in Chicago
Southern Illinois University
Midwestern University - Illinois
Marquette University
University of Michigan
Detroit Mercy
Western University (Cali.)
NOVA
Arizona Still
Midwestern University - Arizona
LECOM
University of Louisville
Boston University
Tufts University
University of Minnesota
Creighton University
NYU
Temple
Roseman
West Virginia

Members don't see this ad.

Bump...please help with this!! I wanna submit my application ASAP! Thank you!

Are you a minority?... If yes, apply to UIC only lol. Take West Virginia off, not oos friendly. If you have CC hours, take tufts off and temple.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a minority?... If yes, apply to UIC only lol. Take West Virginia off, not oos friendly. If you have CC hours, take tufts off and temple.

Took West Virginia off. Didn't realize they weren't OOS friendly, lol. Thanks for the heads up! As for Tufts and Temple, I've read that they don't accept CC hours for prereqs. My gen. eds. were done at a CC, but my pre-dental prereqs were all done at a 4-year university, so I think that should be fine. I added Loma Linda to my list.

Took West Virginia off. Didn't realize they weren't OOS friendly, lol. Thanks for the heads up! As for Tufts and Temple, I've read that they don't accept CC hours for prereqs. My gen. eds. were done at a CC, but my pre-dental prereqs were all done at a 4-year university, so I think that should be fine. I added Loma Linda to my list.
You know about their LoR requirements, right?

Reactions: 1 user
You know about their LoR requirements, right?

Haha, yes. They want a LoR from a spiritual leader. I already have all 4 spots for LoRs on my application filled. I've emailed them to see if my spiritual leader can send in the LoR directly to them. If they say yes, I'll submit my application to them. If they say no, then I'll take them off my list.

Edit: updated religious leader to spiritual leader

Haha, yes. They want a LoR from a spiritual leader. I already have all 4 spots for LoRs on my application filled. I've emailed them to see if my spiritual leader can send in the LoR directly to them. If they say yes, I'll submit my application to them. If they say no, then I'll take them off my list.

Edit: updated religious leader to spiritual leader
Okay! That's great! List looking good.

Reactions: 1 users
Talked to tufts and Boston and they accept CC if it's like 1 class and it's something that less important (like literature credit in my case)

ATSU require a LOT more of volunteering hours, I wouldn't apply there with less than 300-400

Talked to tufts and Boston and they accept CC if it's like 1 class and it's something that less important (like literature credit in my case)
Are you referring to pre req courses?

ATSU require a LOT more of volunteering hours, I wouldn't apply there with less than 300-400
Dang...definitely don't have that many. I'll have to reevaluate this school then. Thank you.

add USC and UNLV
Okay. I will research these two and add them accordingly. Thank you!

Are you referring to pre req courses?

Dang...definitely don't have that many. I'll have to reevaluate this school then. Thank you.

Okay. I will research these two and add them accordingly. Thank you!

You can still call and ask them to get an idea how many volunteer hours is their avg... doesn't hurt to ask.

looks like you could definitely get an interview at Louisville. BUT by the time accepting a school comes by, ask about how many students in the past year graduated on time.. you don't want to be a 5th year senior like some of the upperclassmen here at louisville. The reason is because class size is so big and prices are so high that there aren't enough patients that can afford treatment. ps.more than half of the class of 2017 did not finish their requirements before graduation.