SDN is full of WWolves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I'm off to bed. Good night, all.

Members don't see this ad.

Night Closed, results pending....

Members don't see this ad :)
So the members of SDN start to relax. No one knows what to say. The dead take the opportunity to haunt the thread and even debate whether or not to possess their own character roles...how hauntingly delightful...:smuggrin: So they go to sleep with a false sense of security. In the morning, they wake, refreshed and ready to go. As they look around their confidence is raised even higher - no one has died. They were pretty lucky last night, or were they?

Someone was robbed in the night by a non-player player.

Players Remain all in in Pre-allo or Pre-vet. It is Day 14.

You have until 12noon EST to get your votes in. PLUS, PLEASE send in night actions ASAP - we should be able to end this game tomorrow, but WARNING, nights will be short, so get those PMs in!!!! This means YOU!! Please don't make Papa mod and I RNG at the end of the game. Because we might just mess up and have everyone die:scared:

Pre-vet forum
1- Emiloo4 - Sheepdogpsu
2- wldlfstdnt Packen
3- equineconstant - Wolfspeaker
4-CorporateFatCat - TwelveTigers(TT)
5- abney Minnerbelle
6 - Jamrock - Noob

Vet forum
1- dyachei WTF, Chaos
2- LIS Dyachei
3- nyanko.Ahmad Eldee USF.
4- lissarae06 Lee, SDN administrator & WOLF.
5-kakuru ShortNSweet
6 - DVMDream Emiloo, collaborator

Pre-allo
1- FTB - IPB
2- IPB StartingOverVet (SOV)
3-Holdonhope Meanie Nyanko the wolf
4- ksmi117 Devyn converted to wolfdom
5 - Dandelion18
6 - abber

The Lounge
1- TT Doc Espana
2- WTF Fromthebox [FTB]
3- DocEspana - MrsSOV
4- TW - LissaRae06
5 - Pj meowerton DVMDream
6 - That70sshow Holy Franz, converted due to her love of Devyn
7 - DSMoody Nutmeg

Just got back from a day of tiki tubing....have orientation tomorrow at 7am sharp. :(

Sorry I'm a little uninvolved. :( Will check back here early, early and am perfectly willing to change my vote.

I think EC's thoughts about one of the 'transplants' being a wolf is a good one. I know I'm not a wolf, so Jam's my only other option.

So unless anyone has any more info by morning, I'll lynch Jam.

I will catch up in the morning, but I'm beat. Sorry guys. :( I'm sucking here, lately. :(

Btw CFC does not have her phone and we are getting beer. Yay!

I like coming To check in on this thread simply because dandelion has my horse as her avatar. (and TT, too!!) makes me feel all warm inside to see his fan club, lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm...not dead? :eek: My info hasn't come through yet, so I'll hold off on a lynch vote for now in the hope I hear something from the dearly departed.

I'm...not dead? :eek: My info hasn't come through yet, so I'll hold off on a lynch vote for now in the hope I hear something from the dearly departed.
Seriously, you're surprised? No one has died during the night in this darn game in a few nights! :p

Seriously, you're surprised? No one has died during the night in this darn game in a few nights! :p

After saying I can ask the dead exactly who the last wolf is, yeah, I was expecting to die! My best guess is that I was protected...so thanks, protector! :D

Aww heck.
****lynch Jamrock****
You know my sleeping patterns, there's a good chance I won't be awake by the deadline....

One other quick question: wolves HAVE to attempt a kill, right? They can't just...choose to kill no one?

Lynch Vote:

Jam 2
(abber, CFC)

Deadline is 12:00 pm (aka Noon)

Quorum Call: (no silenced players)
EC
Jam
Dandy
?? Player

And please send your PM contingent actions NOW so that we can buzz right through if necessary. No more Mr. Nice Guy!!!

Lynch Vote:

Jam 2
(abber, CFC)
Abber 1 (Dandy)

Deadline is 12:00 pm (aka Noon)

EC
Jam
?? Player

And please send your PM contingent actions NOW so that we can buzz right through if necessary. No more Mr. Nice Guy!!!

I have received ZERO PMs so far.

EC, did you get the results of your question?

Not a wolf, guys. Just TW, who has to post. A LOT. Haha.

Floating down a river in an inner-tube.

Unfortunatly, in Louisiana's rivers, there are lots of rocks and trees. Ouch.

We just call that floating the river.

And today is teambuilding/communication exercises (Freshman Leadership Experience) at vet school!

Squee!

Figures I get protection for my ability to get info and then my info doesn't come through. :angry: Well, I still think there's a 50/50 shot of getting a wolf with Jam or abbers, and right now I still trust abbers more. lynch jam

Also not a fan of posting from my phone, makes formatting much harder.

Lynch Vote:

Jam 3
(abber, CFC, EC)
Abber 1 (Dandy)

Deadline is 12:00 pm (aka Noon). Waiting on Jam's vote and defense.

Jam
?? Player

I have received ZERO PMs so far.

I'm in class, so I don't know how well I can follow along before the lynch...

So EC, do you know who Jam is? Is her role suspicious?

Ksmi. Claims that "evil mods aren't necessarily wolves" or something like that (on phone, can't check exact phrasing) but that sounds like a weak Excuse to me. Plus this is just from PMs, not Investigator info.

Isn't ksmi pretty famous as a wolf in some previous game? And abber's role is pretty wolfy too...

SOV told me that he doesn't think mods are evil.

I'm ksmi, non wolf, and villager.

lynch abber

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Lynch Vote:

Jam 3
(abber, CFC, EC)
Abber 2 (Dandy, Jam)

Deadline is 12:00 pm (aka Noon). Will give a little time to see if there are any waffles to be had... Otherwise will close early......

?? Player

*********************************************************************************
hmmmmm..... let's see if this works

lynch Jam

3A65W.gif

*********************************************************************************

One of the noobs MUST BE A WOLF. So it is said. And so it is true. Too bad the wolves pulled one over your eyes, as you have lynched Jamro0ckin, aka KSMI, a kind, benevolent moderator, who only ever looks to ensure the safety of the SDNers. How could a mod be evil?

And look... our mystery player has appeared.

Players Remain all in Pre-allo or Pre-vet. It is Night 14.

Pre-vet forum
1- Emiloo4 - Sheepdogpsu
2- wldlfstdnt Packen
3- equineconstant - Wolfspeaker
4-CorporateFatCat - TwelveTigers(TT)
5- abney Minnerbelle
6 - Jamrock - Noob => Ksmi, villager
7 - Devyn

Vet forum
1- dyachei WTF, Chaos
2- LIS Dyachei
3- nyanko.Ahmad Eldee USF.
4- lissarae06 Lee, SDN administrator & WOLF.
5-kakuru ShortNSweet
6 - DVMDream Emiloo, collaborator

Pre-allo
1- FTB - IPB
2- IPB StartingOverVet (SOV)
3-Holdonhope Meanie Nyanko the wolf
4- ksmi117 Devyn converted to wolfdom
5 - Dandelion18
6 - abber

The Lounge
1- TT Doc Espana
2- WTF Fromthebox [FTB]
3- DocEspana - MrsSOV
4- TW - LissaRae06
5 - Pj meowerton DVMDream
6 - That70sshow Holy Franz, converted due to her love of Devyn
7 - DSMoody Nutmeg

Last edited:
aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HWkVf.gif

hmmmmm..... let's see if this works

lynch Jam

3A65W.gif

AH-HA! I figured you were the ????? player!

End Game :thumbdown:: the late or final stages of any activity.

And so it is we have arrived at the end game of the SDN is full of WWolves game. Some of you wish it had occurred earlier, some wish you were never a part of it, and some are just terrified of having made the wrong decision. Let me state this upfront, almost ALL of you made the wrong decision.

Let us review the last few cycles activities, so you are fully up-to-date:

Dramatis personae:
Equineconstant: aka “Wolfspeaker”. Lynched at the beginning of the game, and revived as a dead character, therefore was given the ability to speak to the dead (only on odd nights – the dead need to rest too).

CorporateFatCat: aka “TwelveTigers”. Killed in the early stages of the game, and revived by Dyachei to serve her purposes of trying to win the game independently for chaos. Retitled to “Lackey of Chaos”. When Dyachei was killed, CFC lost her leader and was forced to choose sides… She chose to join forces with the unnamed player behind curtain number 1.

Jamrock: aka “noob” Killed in the middle of the game before even getting a full role. Partly killed for acting like an annoying noob, and partly killed because Ksmi thought she was acting like Ksmi, which would like make her a wolf. In fact, the role she was to receive, and did receive upon returning to the game, was Ksmi. Ksmi, though, was returned to the game to provide a little support to the villager cause, and was, and was always intended to be a villager (how ironic)..

Dandelion18: aka “LetItSnow”. The greenest of players, used her whip effectively to help oust the wolf that70sShow, and as LIS, of course she can not be converted.

Abbercadaver: aka TigerWillow. There was no way we could have an SDN game without TW, but it was Packen’s devious idea to make TW a wolf, while it was SOV’s idea to force her to post a minimum of 20 times a day to retain her ability to avoid being investigated as a wolf. It took a dedicated wolf to keep that up, and she did a great job.. until the end of the game when it no longer mattered.

PJ Meowerton: aka DVMDream. PJ was a villager the whole game. Had an ability to PM with Ksmi/devyn but never any stronger tie than that. Actually it was more a rivalry than a bond, as the 2 of them were prohibited from voting for the same person, as they are apt to disagree in real life .. well not really, but that is the role.

?? Player: The Drunk Troll. Begging to be allowed to play in both games, this role allowed one lucky player to be hidden, while forcing them to post on the thread in **** every day, use the items they received, and they did use the bath salts AND the stalker status without notice, and to block one action, steal one item, and investigate one player each night. Who was this unknown player? The dead of the game successfully identified her as none other than Devyn. Y’all skirted around this identity for a while, but her vehement denials of this seemed to convince you to look elsewhere. For shame! Trust no one, especially trolls in WW.

So let us look at the tally going into Night 12: The tally was 3 villagers, 2 drunken trolls, and one wolf. One wolf (that70sshow) and one villager (wldlfstdnt) had just been killed because Dandelion used her power as LIS and used the whip to eliminate one vote. Incidentally, the ghosts of the thread selected abbercadaver as their wolf choice correctly, with Devyn selected as the unnamed player.

That night, the wolf, abbercadaver, chooses to convert Dandelion18. Oops. We all know that LIS HATES to be converted, so I could not let his role ever allow conversion. So this, the 2nd conversion of the wolves, was thwarted, and there were no kills and no conversions on Night 12. All the speculative rantings the next day by a certain villager who shall remain nameless (you know who you are), were all just paranoia asserting itself.

The day 13 vote to lynch PJ, who was simply guilty by association with Ksmi, pretty much doomed the villagers to a loss. The only question was going to be who would win, how, and when. The night should have been short and the game over quickly, but alas, our wolf went out without sending a contingency vote, angering the mod gods to no end. There was much discussion behind the scenes as the clock ticked away. If it were any other time, the night would have ended without any wolf kill. But, it was decided to be merciful and allow a guest visit from a dead wolf to decide the actions for Night 13. After polling the wolves to find a wolf who had not been communicating either with other dead players or the mods, Nyanko volunteered and was selected to return as a fill-in wolf. And so it was that on Night 13, EquineConstant was converted to wolfdom!!!

The new count was 2 wolves, 2 villagers, and 2 drunk trolls. For this game, it would not end until the wolves were all killed, or the wolves had the same numbers as the remaining players. So one more lynch vote came, and then poor Jamr0ckin, lynched once, is lynched once again, with the villagers apparently never getting over their distrust of Jamrockin.

That takes us to Night 14. The wolves have decided to kill Dandelion18, clearly they have won the game, decimating their enemies, this being the final finishing touch.
The wolves of SDN thought they were pretty smart. To make their final victory and kill particularly enjoyable they announced a new gif war thread to lure in the remaining players. Who can resist a good gif war? Dandelion18 and Equineconstant made their way to the thread, but as soon as they arrived Dandy knew something was wrong. Equineconstant turned to Dandy and suddenly smiled.

“Sorry guys, it’s been fun, but this is where it has to end.”
Abber suddenly steps out of the shadows and laughs. “I thought the most appropriate death on SDN is death by gif!”

With that, the room started to fill with mean, evil gifs. Our remaining villager didn’t stand a chance.

potatoe-attack.gif

funny-pictures-gif-cat-attack-dog.gif

f0ac92907284cd7b41afe8488de1a9a2.gif

funny-animal-gifs-the-duck-whisperer.gif

funny-animal-gifs-pounce2.gif

As we said before, the wolves were feeling pretty smart. They had out maneuvered the villagers and were quite pleased with themselves. But they suddenly realized, there was only one villager there…where was CFC? Where was the unnamed player they had heard so much about.

Something drew them back to the "SDN is full of WWolves" thread. There they found CFC, the lackey of the Drunk Troll, and Devyn, the drunk troll herself. But Devyn was not just representing herself in this cause, oh sure, she selfishly wanted to maintain her gold medal, and wanted to survive to the end of the game without being disclosed or being lynched…but she now stood for something bigger. Our Drunk Troll was representing all the dead players from the “It’s a WWildlife game” who never had a chance to play in this game; she was representing all the lurkers out there who wished they could participate, and most importantly she was representing all the dead ghost trolls who have been haunting the thread, wishing they were still playing, knowing they would do a better job, they would be more active (and in fact were), more witty, more intelligent, with quicker PMs, and faster votes. Devyn had the force of all the pre-vetties behind her (except for those whiny wolves, who just wanted a wolfy victory)…

She strode forward with CFC, and a legion of ghosts and trolls, and lurkers behind her. She walked up to EC….. “EC, you KNEW there was a drunk troll in the game, given privileged information from the dead, and yet you chose to let me live. You are now paying for the disregard of the dead’s information. This Drunk Troll is going to end the game for you right now…” Devyn takes out her bottle of whiskey, and drinks it down, and as the bottle empties, EC starts to fade, until with the last drop, EC fades from existence……becoming a ghost, and joining the legions behind her.

And then Devyn turns to Abbercadaver….and from the background TW yells out “you are no TigerWillow… I STILL beat you in number of posts, AND I always remember to PM”. Devyn faces Abbercadaver, and proclaims… “you have angered the mod gods with your lack of foresight as a wolf, you have angered the wolves by being easy to spot by the dead, and you have angered TW, for hitting just a little too close to home. I sentence you to death by alcohol.” And then CFC and Devyn, begin taking out bottles of whiskey, one at a time and pouring them into Abbers. She is mellow, then she is laughing, then she is angry, then she can’t stand up, and finally she explodes from too many bottles of whiskey inside of her. And she too becomes a ghost.

And so it is, that although the wolves emerged victorious over the villagers, they were not victorious against the other forces of life that were aligned against them. They could have defeated those forces, but decided to ignore them at their own peril. And if there is a lesson to be learned from these games, it is that just as in real life, it is not always just good and evil out there, there are many competing forces, and sometimes if you are too focused on one evil, the others can bite you in the *ss!

Thank you all for playing. Sorry it dragged a little bit the last few days, but I have to say that you guys were absolutely awesome (for the most part). You made it so much fun to moderate this game as you all really got into the spirit of the concept, and I was LMAO so many times I couldn’t count.

And I never would have been able to pull this off without Packen. Literally the first four days were a beast, and we probably could have used more co-mods! This one was a true collaboration, so thanks Pack (and this write-up was also co-written with Packen).

Peace out,
SOV and Packen
August 2012.

And congrats to the victors: All the trolls living and dead!:laugh: