SDN Pre-Vet Secret Santa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSFW Gifts ok?

• Yes!

• No, thanks.

• Within reason...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Still don't know what I'm doing. Plans to shop yesterday were derailed.

This should surprise no one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Still don't know what I'm doing. Plans to shop yesterday were derailed.

This should surprise no one.
good-miss-i-am-shocked-and-appalled.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got really happy because I got a notification that I got a package and thought it was from my secret Santa. But alas. :( it was just from my mom. Secret santaaaaa pleaaaaaseeeeee

Reactions: 1 user
I can't say who this message is to, but I constantly see my person posting wondering where their gift is (as several of you do;)). It makes me feel bad but I am hand-making your gift so be patient! It will totally be worth it - I'm talented, I promise!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine came today, at least that is what my mom told me. I'll see it around Dec 22! I got the notice that the first of 3 boxes going to my person was delivered today! They will think I'm really cheap if that is all they think they are getting. LOL!

I had a package on my doorstep this morning. It was pants that I'd ordered myself on Cyber Monday, so I had a sad that it wasn't a secret santa gift. The pants didn't even come close to fitting either. Then I got home from work today and had another package. It was the other pair of pants I ordered on Cyber Monday. More sads. The second pair fit though!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will do anything for tasty chicken & cheddar treats. Thanks Secret Santa!!

img_1388.jpg

Not everyone has empty boxes sitting around at home, some people have to go to the post office for that too. My boxes were all full of cats, and it’s illegal to kick a cat out of a box to put a present in there instead.
That's when you just order something on Amazon. POOF!! new box!!

That's when you just order something on Amazon. POOF!! new box!!
New kitty fort, you mean. I tried to get rid of a few boxes my cat had claimed and he knocked them out of the recycling bin and climbed back in them as soon as I put them in there.

Reactions: 4 users
Another day, another package, another thing that I ordered for myself. :unsure:

This should be the last of those though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Those are AWESOME! I also love socks... I have so many that I could probably go months without washing socks, and not having to put on dirty ones.
I'm currently playing this game with scarves after @Filly Bay pointed out the ridiculous number of scarves I own. I'm pretty sure I'm at two weeks of different scarves and the closet rack is nowhere near empty.

Shipped! :D It should arrive Tuesday!

I had to use a box that was slightly too large, and if I was a person who was prepared for such things I could have packed some nice filler or maybe bought another gift to fill it out. But no, I'm a person who packages things at the post office while in line and is limited to the materials on hand, and so someone is getting a box that is packed tastefully with paper towels. It's what I had in my car. They are clean and from a brand new, unopened package, so you can even reuse them! It's the gift that keeps on giving. :p

Reactions: 10 users
Just found out that one of the local post offices has 24-hour access to its lobby, where there's a kiosk to print shipping labels and such. Amazing! Especially since my gift wasn't ready to mail this morning like I'd hoped, and getting away from work during post office hours this week would have been challenging.

Fiance just informed me my gifts arrived today, and sent me pictures! Thank you @genny, they're perfect!! :love:I'm guessing you made the purse and the scrub cap? (There was a note explaining the purse is a purple version of Luna Lovegood's purse in Order of the Phoenix, since purple is my favorite color and I love Luna. So creative!!) That coloring book is hilarious, can't wait to color some cat butts next week! :laugh:

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20171210-005036.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20171210-005036.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Resized_20171210_010924.jpeg
    Resized_20171210_010924.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 81
  • Resized_Screenshot_20171210-004948.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20171210-004948.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Resized_20171210_010838.jpeg
    Resized_20171210_010838.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: 13 users
There was no note, so thank you mystery gifter.

Very nicely wrapped.

B623CCE6-7C48-4ED8-B15D-237AF82D2D41.jpeg

Love the mug! That’s the lens I use the most :)

08B9F6C7-3243-4340-A5F8-068122956771.jpeg

Pretty good likeness. One of them is much heavier though :D

17DAD393-5B81-4DE2-99DD-762E3891B933.jpeg

Reactions: 13 users
I also received gifts over the weekend, but I'm participating in like, 4 secret santas, and this one had no note and was sent via Amazon :confused:

Damn it! :rage: How did I miss this? Oh wait... No life currently.

I had a thing to send and everything. Oh, well. Next year? :shifty:

In happy news, the OtheFarm family is doing well! PhD app due on Friday and all I have left is to rewrite my personal statement 80 more times! :heckyeah: Then I can come back and burn time here again while I wait. (Between still applying for jobs and chasing 3 rug rats and goats.)

Reactions: 6 users
You totally get me Secret Santa! Just a little too cold to take my sweater off at the moment but this will be my fave come summer time!! :p

5D0DFE49-D8F0-494D-8331-1A36F16938B6.jpeg

Reactions: 16 users
Damn it! :rage: How did I miss this? Oh wait... No life currently.

I had a thing to send and everything. Oh, well. Next year? :shifty:

In happy news, the OtheFarm family is doing well! PhD app due on Friday and all I have left is to rewrite my personal statement 80 more times! :heckyeah: Then I can come back and burn time here again while I wait. (Between still applying for jobs and chasing 3 rug rats and goats.)
Yay! :D Is your app for the lab you visited? Are you applying for an MD as well?

Yay! :D Is your app for the lab you visited? Are you applying for an MD as well?
Yes, it is for the lab I visited. No, I would have to apply for the MD program next year, if I decided to do it, because that deadline passed a while ago.

At this point, I am leaning no on the MD, because of the extra work and because I can do research without the MD, and because some of the doctors who recommended that I do an MD are all cranky about the profession right now and said "Now is not the time, but I will still write you a recommendation if you want because you would be awesome, medicine just sucks!" *paraphrased obviously*

Oh, and one of the dean's and the lab heads all wrote letters to add to my app!

I spoke too soon!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I love them! And Juniper is currently gallivanting across the apartment with the tissue paper

Reactions: 8 users
Is it weird that I am just as excited to find out (hopefully) who my Secret Santa is as I am to find out what my gift is?

Reactions: 5 users