SDN Pre-Vet Secret Santa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSFW Gifts ok?

• Yes!

• No, thanks.

• Within reason...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Christmas in July and it shall be called Secret Satan thanks to my phone's autocorrect
I said it should be Summer’s Secret Satan!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Doctor-S thank you so much for the great gift. I finally got home and opened it. I appreciated the card and the story behind the shirts. This has been fun!
i-DKc75RD-M.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the first package from my Secret Santa.

Thank you very much to @PippyPony!

I love it!!!

My cat loves it!!! :cat:

[Will post photo later.]
You're very welcome!! I remembered you asking about cat toy colors because you posited that cats' eyes see certain colors more strongly, and that you thought your cat responded best to blue toys :cat:

The other portion should be coming soon...sorry it is not nicely wrapped :( Meant to put it all together in a nice package...then finals ate me santa

Reactions: 2 users
My 'best cat dad ever' mug is still sitting proudly out on the table, and I received a

'to do:
(X) survive med school
( ) conquer the freaking world'

t-shirt that I think might become either my exam-prepping or exam-taking outfit of choice! I feel spoiled :)

also found out I passed my last final so hooray I really am actually one-eighth of a doctor!

Reactions: 10 users
My 'best cat dad ever' mug is still sitting proudly out on the table, and I received a

'to do:
(X) survive med school

t-shirt that I think might become either my exam-prepping or exam-taking outfit of choice! I feel spoiled :)

also found out I passed my last final so hooray I really am actually one-eighth of a doctor!
That's awesome haha and congrats!!

'to do:
(X) survive med school

Glad you enjoyed it! Merry Christmas from your secret santa ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Glad you enjoyed it! Merry Christmas from your secret santa ;)
Aw, thanks so much coop! I love them both and they really brightened up the pre- and post-finals haze. They're perfect!

btw, tried to get a pic that showed both items and my cat. here's what my cat said to that plan:

Photo on 12-21-17 at 11.43 PM #3.jpg

On the next try she duplicated the facial expression of that cat on the mug, after which I gave up and stopped torturing her.

Reactions: 14 users
My Secret Santa knows I love animals; and that I wished for a gift that would benefit animals in need of compassion, care and kindness.

So, Santa surprised me with a beautiful painted tiger tote that was created by a tiger (as a form of enrichment for the tiger, using canvas and non-toxic blue paint). The tiger is homed in an accredited sanctuary dedicated to the conservation and protection of exotic cats.
@PippyPony thank you very much for this awesome gift - love, love, love it! :biglove:

Tiger Painting.jpg

Tiger Paw Blue Tote1.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
So, Santa surprised me with a beautiful painted tiger tote that was created by a tiger (as a form of enrichment for the tiger, using canvas and non-toxic blue paint). The tiger is homed in an accredited sanctuary dedicated to the conservation and protection of exotic cats.
@PippyPony thank you very much for this awesome gift - love, love, love it!
Omg I’m really jealous of this. That’s super cool Pip and I might want to know where I can buy one

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @specaslew !! I love all of it! I hope you realize how exciting an ocean-scented bath bomb is to a California native that has been landlocked in the Midwest for the 6.5 of the last 7.5 years. :biglove:

IMG_2539.jpg

Can confirm that the bath bomb smelled fantastic. And I hacked it in two, so I get to enjoy it twice!

I got my gift today! There was no sdn name, so I don't know who it's from, but I love it! I'll post pictures later. :D

This isn't the only thing I got, but it is the BEST:

*poof*

The pet odor eliminating candle is awesome. It will be very useful in my house :p

Thank you Santa! Millie and Tali say thank you, too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
*poof*

Sleeping off her treats and my camera clicks woke her up. How dare I? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Secret Santa things arrived! Both much needed gifts! Santa isn't going to believe that with all the baking I do, I don't actually own an apron (thus I end up making a huge mess of myself!). Pictures later since I'm at work

One of my secret santa gifts arrived a couple days ago!! It's so cute and I love it :D

(Apologies for big sideways photo, I'm posting from my phone)
Snapchat-1765392395.jpg

Merry Christmas from my sweet boy Merlin and myself!!
54168.jpeg

Attachments

• sp18spring.pdf
    880.8 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: 4 users
My cats have the same tag and my black cat has a gray collar, so when I saw this I was wondering how you stole Storm :p

I wouldn't put it past me to steal cats I love them sooooo much!! :love:

Totally just posted the same pictures twice.... oops :smack:

Thank you whoever my Secret Santa was (I didn't see a name). I just got back into town with internet access. I got a really awesome calendar for women in science and a great exotic vet med book. Thank you! :)

@britzen THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I love it! I got my ochem grade back the same day your package arrived so it worked out so well. :)

Will post photos later, but I got 2 shot glasses with ochem jokes on them and then a sampling of different tequilas. All of which I hadn't tried before! (Except for the Cuervo)

Oh man, all of these posts made me realize I never mentioned that I got my secret santa gift and I loved it! I've already used it several times and of course, having a bunch of kitties on it fits my future as a cat hoarder dedicated owner of multiple cats very nicely :D

I'm pretty sure it's from @StartingoverVet - thank you! I'll try to get pictures on here eventually but I can't ever figure out how to post phone photos directly onto SDN so some mystery emailing to myself may be necessary :p

Reactions: 1 users
Oh man, all of these posts made me realize I never mentioned that I got my secret santa gift and I loved it! I've already used it several times and of course, having a bunch of kitties on it fits my future as a cat hoarder dedicated owner of multiple cats very nicely :D

I'm pretty sure it's from @StartingoverVet - thank you! I'll try to get pictures on here eventually but I can't ever figure out how to post phone photos directly onto SDN so some mystery emailing to myself may be necessary :p
Are you becoming SOV as well? What was in that gift @StartingoverVet ?!

Your name was on the order, and I'm pretty sure someone has mentioned your name to me at some point somewhere over the ages so I put two and two together
And it's quite possible it would've come up in a 'friend of friend' recommendation on FB.

Also! I got my gifts, thank you so much @nyanko !! Chai is using the purple treat-toy in her bigger crate to entertain herself and not howl at me, and the beagle-mug is freaking awesome. I love mugs. I shall post pictures at some point because I am also technologically challenged, but also sleep challenged.

@britzen THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I love it! I got my ochem grade back the same day your package arrived so it worked out so well. :)

Will post photos later, but I got 2 shot glasses with ochem jokes on them and then a sampling of different tequilas. All of which I hadn't tried before! (Except for the Cuervo)

Hooray! Good timing! Sorry it was late, it would have cost a small fortune to get it internationally shipped and arrived in time for Christmas.

And a big thank you to @Rozzieray for the delicious chocolates, adorable mug, and the FANTASTIC mermaid tail shaped blanket :heckyeah:. Perfect to keep me warm during a bomb cyclone and two cold snaps! (pics maybe someday if I'm not lazy - Christmas travel and family time is exhausting, y'all :laugh:)

Hooray! Good timing! Sorry it was late, it would have cost a small fortune to get it internationally shipped and arrived in time for Christmas.

And a big thank you to @Rozzieray for the delicious chocolates, adorable mug, and the FANTASTIC mermaid tail shaped blanket :heckyeah:. Perfect to keep me warm during a bomb cyclone and two cold snaps! (pics maybe someday if I'm not lazy - Christmas travel and family time is exhausting, y'all :laugh:)
I'm glad you liked them!

PSSST.

We do want to hear from anyone who didn't get a gift, btw. Slacked a little at the very end with tracking things but pretty sure everything was sent.

5D958EAD-BA3C-4EFD-8703-21038A5B4362.jpeg
That shipping was impressively long. I hope you liked them! :)

I also made you some beer jelly.....but it kinda failed and was not fit to be sent. :laugh:
It wasn’t your fault. I had already left AZ by the time your gift got there and then I had to wait for my dad to send it to me in Oregon. No worries at all! Plus I love them!

Reactions: 8 users