Sherlock WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, fun conversations on Day 2.

nohika: "So, um, did being converted silence TW?" me: "Nope. :D" nohika: "But she hasn't PMed us back or been on the spreadsheet... :("

TW: "Noooooo, I am silenced! :(:( The wolves will think I'm snubbing them! :(:(" me: "Sorry. :(" TW: "I will haunt the spreadsheet and hope one of them sees me looking..."

Yeah. I actually had to pm Nohika about something she pmed me earlier. And I was HOPING she realized that when she was asking questions about why I haven't responded that she realized I was obviously ignoring those questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Woh. My phone sent both. Weird

Members don't see this ad :)
I was surprised NOBODY was considering a late wolf conversion. I mean I didn't want to bring it up (although I did at the end just to cause confusion), I just kept on harping about the wolf who could evade investigation.

Because the converting wolf was dead!!!!

I swear I'm the worst person at finding wolves. I just let myself be swayed too much. I was thinking nohika was a wolf, but Philliab was all like, she's contributed so much. So I was like "must be wld" and never stopped thinking that.

Curses, Philliab!!! Keeping me alive because I'm awful at this game! :(

But you didn't wanna use a spreadsheet with us! :p

I am so glad!!! I was actually truthful about what I said. I had to pm wolves my thoughts bc you can't use the spreadsheet on a phone

Oh and the reason that dandy was killed off so early is that she figured out krist and nohika were wolves way early in the game. It was a necessary protection to take her out before she told the rest of the villagers in our group.

She was an excellent newbie player!

Philliab, you TRAITOR! Shame on you! Killing a poor innocent noob so soon on her first game... :p

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for showing me the ropes, even if you did kill me.

Because the converting wolf was dead!!!!

I swear I'm the worst person at finding wolves. I just let myself be swayed too much. I was thinking nohika was a wolf, but Philliab was all like, she's contributed so much. So I was like "must be wld" and never stopped thinking that.

Funny you are a good wolf and bad villager. Most people are the other way around.

I am so glad!!! I was actually truthful about what I said. I had to pm wolves my thoughts bc you can't use the spreadsheet on a phone
I was only a wolf with TW for like 1/2 an hour or something but got like 20 PMs. I finally got a small taste of what it is like to be a group mate of you Tiger Willow. Too funny.

I noticed something after Philliab was lynched. In the last few games I played (this, Mysterious Planet, Tortall, and I think HP) the first group pm was sent by a wolf and it's usually been after a period of time has passed. Maybe it's just because I've never been in a group that communicates a lot though.

I played a little differently this time because I was pretty much home all day everyday. I was glad to be able to pm my group and trust them. I know it will never happen again, but it was fun. I pm'd them right away and kept doing it. The next game I won't have time to be as active, but I'll do my best. But vet school starts with a bbq Wednesday night!!!!!!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

Actually I wanted to convert you, but then heylo(?) killed HoH with the vest so we couldn't. Oh yeah and krist was killed so we couldn't convert.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was only a wolf with TW for like 1/2 an hour or something but got like 20 PMs. I finally got a small taste of what it is like to be a group mate of you Tiger Willow. Too funny.

It was more like 15!!!!!!

I do remember comparing converting you to the countries financial situation. I shall leave you with the mess and go out with a bang!

And I was preparing a really gruesome death for dvmd. Stabbed with a pen multiple times and lettin her bleed out slowly

SOV, I figured you out after you stopped pming me:D You were the only one talking to me so I was helping you a lot, you're welcome for the magnifier so many days in a row.

I could only move one item or ask one question every night.

Thanksa again guys for voting me HO, and thanks for letting me play mods, it came down to the wire for an exciting end!

It was more like 15!!!!!!

I do remember comparing converting you to the countries financial situation. I shall leave you with the mess and go out with a bang!
I remeber that. :laugh:
Am happy to leave SOV with this mess. Kinda like being the president and Ending your term with your country in financial strife!!

Enjoyyyyyyy

Philliab, you TRAITOR! Shame on you! Killing a poor innocent noob so soon on her first game... :p

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for showing me the ropes, even if you did kill me.

:oops: Sorry...but your good wolf hunting instincts are what got you killed. :laugh: And literaly, the day before you died, I told the wolves that I couldn't kill you, because I enjoyed strategizing with you so much. And then you came out and named krist and nohika, and I knew you had to go.

Definietly enjoyed playing with you, and I was 100% honest in all my PMs. I just forgot to tell you I was a wolf. ;):p

SOV, I figured you out after you stopped pming me:D You were the only one talking to me so I was helping you a lot, you're welcome for the magnifier so many days in a row.

I could only move one item or ask one question every night.

Thanksa again guys for voting me HO, and thanks for letting me play mods, it came down to the wire for an exciting end!
I actually thought you were killed off by the mods because we didn't hear from you. My thinking was you were too helpful to the villagers and the mods wanted to even things out. Funny. Then you answered DVMD's question and I asked the mods if I could kill you, because I was afraid of more damning info coming out.

And I was preparing a really gruesome death for dvmd. Stabbed with a pen multiple times and lettin her bleed out slowly
This is the second time I really screwed DVMD. First star wars and now this. And those are the only 2 times I have ever been able to PM with her. :eek: I think I have used up my goodwill with her. Sorry :oops:

:oops: Sorry...but your good wolf hunting instincts are what got you killed. :laugh: And literaly, the day before you died, I told the wolves that I couldn't kill you, because I enjoyed strategizing with you so much. And then you came out and named krist and nohika, and I knew you had to go.

Definietly enjoyed playing with you, and I was 100% honest in all my PMs. I just forgot to tell you I was a wolf. ;):p

Yeah, you just left out that tiny little detail. :)

And then all anyone knew was that I suspected heylode (who I only voted for because I was waiting to see what happened to nohika's vote!) and I was jumping up and down yelling at the computer screen. Stress!

I was surprised NOBODY was considering a late wolf conversion. I mean I didn't want to bring it up (although I did at the end just to cause confusion), I just kept on harping about the wolf who could evade investigation.

I did consider it, actually. My thinking went very roughly along the lines of "SOV can't be an original wolf, because outing more than one wolf just to gain credibility is too risky. He might be a convertee. But all the others might be, too."

So in the end I just stuck to my longer-held (and incorrect) suspicion of heylodeb. She really threw me for a loop by investigating me, vouching for me, and then voting to lynch me. Had I been smarter, I would have realized that really that makes her look more like a desperate villager than a wolf, but at the time it just confused me. And when people confuse me, I generally put higher odds on them being a wolf. :)

Was a really well played game.

Interesting that the mods had to grant another conversion to the wolves just to keep the game going. We had to do the same thing in Avengers. So really, both of these last games would have gone villager if it weren't for mod intervention, most likely. I'm not saying it was a bad choice to intervene - I think in both cases it was justified. Just ... observing.

Excellent game, guys! It was fun helping IPB mod (even if I wasn't always the most effective at c/p PMs :oops:) and watch all of you try to figure things out -- especially toward the end.

I think my favorite theory was that Mycroft's ID let you control the CCTV Cameras, or would let you access secret government files :laugh:

Interesting that the mods had to grant another conversion to the wolves just to keep the game going. We had to do the same thing in Avengers. So really, both of these last games would have gone villager if it weren't for mod intervention, most likely. I'm not saying it was a bad choice to intervene - I think in both cases it was justified. Just ... observing.
Yeah. We felt bad because you guys pegged the last 3 wolves in one fell swoop. That, and we didn't want the game to end too early.

It's also interesting to see the shift in the WW Cosmic Balance... just means we need to play more games to see if there is a larger pattern!

Excellent game! I really enjoyed it and thought that I just might make it to the end... Dang SOV, I trusted you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I did consider it, actually. My thinking went very roughly along the lines of "SOV can't be an original wolf, because outing more than one wolf just to gain credibility is too risky. He might be a convertee. But all the others might be, too."

So in the end I just stuck to my longer-held (and incorrect) suspicion of heylodeb. She really threw me for a loop by investigating me, vouching for me, and then voting to lynch me. Had I been smarter, I would have realized that really that makes her look more like a desperate villager than a wolf, but at the time it just confused me. And when people confuse me, I generally put higher odds on them being a wolf. :)

They also put the wolves at an unfair disadvantage with only 4 members. Hence why they rushed to convert someone first night, which made it harder to be a convertee wolf who had not much trust (but I made it work). Also with Sheeps comment we were really really REALLY easy to find.

(and I think we cried a lot to the mods lol. "

Well played SOV, but I was getting suspicious at the end... almost fogged you but decided against it... you are damn lucky my phone died when it did... I had the magnifying glass and was going to investigate you since you were the only one who had not been investigated would have had the results for all of you if you had been patient and waited until I got home, even asked the mods to please hold off so I could help out the villagers, good going guys.

SERIOUSLY, You guys STILL lynched me when it was obvious my vote was stolen... you guys suck, really suck.

Good Game, Mods... I was very frustrated at the end espicially since I never really got to jump in and defend myself on that last lynch, had a feeling I was dying while I was taking pictures of Big Ben... I am now not letting any of you see my pictures.... :smuggrin:

Fight on, dear SOV,
We all fought on, to victory!
Our wolfy team of five,
Looked up to you!
Fight on and win, dear SOV!
Fight on, wolf victory!
Fight on!!!

Omg did we actually come back to win?!! That is amazing!! I am about 5 days behind due to moving but eventually I'll sit down and read the thread and the spreadsheet to find out what happened, but go wolves!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Omg did we actually come back to win?!! That is amazing!! I am about 5 days behind due to moving but eventually I'll sit down and read the thread and the spreadsheet to find out what happened, but go wolves!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Yeah. IPB took pity on us lol.

I was sitting here, reading this and thinking "No that wasn't nyanko, that's what happened to LIS!" until I realized you just changed your avatar to hers.. :laugh:

Omg. I thought I was responding TO Nyanko.

LIS strikes again!!!!!

lol i didn't even play this game

Yeah I was just like, jeeze lurker much?!?

Like why are you so involved in a game you weren't in!! Lol

I think it made sense bc you always like to talk about game mechanics haha

Says the person who was "certain" that either Kismet or I was a wolf.

Whatevs. You suck just as much.

Yes... I did really suck this game (horribly so which is why I was probably still alive), but I was actually going to lynch SOV at that point, but my phone died and I couldn't defend myself or explain why I was going to lynch SOV, it had started to become clear to me that he was the wolf. I knew that kakuru and Jam were clear, heylodeb had been blocked and a kill was still made and you were fogged and a kill still occured... deductive reasoning left me or SOV and I knew it wasn't me, therefore SOV was the wolf, but you guys had to be impatient and couldn't wait for me to be done sightseeing. Oh well, not the first time probably won't be the last either.

I'd also like to point out that just because someone does something in a slightly different way than you did does not make them a wolf. Especially after they explain themselves SEVERAL times.

just saying.

great game, mods.

Yeah dvmd. You weren't on your game midway through. Then you started to gain momentum and I wished we killed ya before.

I'd also like to point out that just because someone does something in a slightly different way than you did does not make them a wolf. Especially after they explain themselves SEVERAL times.

just saying.

great game, mods.

What's this in reference to?

Haha as a wolf I always try to point out when people are acting differently. Usually people agree l.

Or the whole skimming pms. Poor CFC.

What's this in reference to?

Haha as a wolf I always try to point out when people are acting differently. Usually people agree l.

Or the whole skimming pms. Poor CFC.

When I tried out the Semtex vest. DVMDream was on it and wouldn't let it go at all.

just saying.

great game, mods.

:thumbup:

I know!!!!! :D

and I agree!