This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiamondP6DDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently in pre-dental , I recently wrote the Canadian DAT and scored as follows :

RC:21
Bio:20
Chem:22
PAT:19
AA:21

oGPA 3.93
sGPA 3.87

I am fairly confident I could do better on my PAT as I was rushed because I spent too much time on the keyholes (due to the fact there was no visible timer). Do you think it is worth studying and taking it again based on these numbers? Thanks I’m advance for any advice.

Also how many hours of shadowing would you recommend is a sufficient amount to look good on a dental application?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good score, good GPA. You're good for the states. For Canada you're right around average provided the rest of your application is solid; you have a decent chance. I wouldn't worry too much about the PAT score as it's not as important as the other sections.

If you want to retake just because of the PAT I wouldn’t. I got a 23AA 18PAT, and I was really worried about my PAT score as well. It never got brought up in any of my interviews. I ended up getting 6 interviews and 5 acceptances and 1 waitlist this cycle

Edit: sorry I just realized you were asking about the Canadian DAT, I took the US one

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to retake just because of the PAT I wouldn’t. I got a 23AA 18PAT, and I was really worried about my PAT score as well. It never got brought up in any of my interviews. I ended up getting 6 interviews and 5 acceptances and 1 waitlist this cycle

Edit: sorry I just realized you were asking about the Canadian DAT, I took the US one
Which schools did you apply and got accepted to please.

Currently in pre-dental , I recently wrote the Canadian DAT and scored as follows :
RC:21
Bio:20
Chem:22
PAT:19
AA:21
oGPA 3.93
sGPA 3.87
I am fairly confident I could do better on my PAT as I was rushed because I spent too much time on the keyholes (due to the fact there was no visible timer). Do you think it is worth studying and taking it again based on these numbers? Thanks I’m advance for any advice.
Also how many hours of shadowing would you recommend is a sufficient amount to look good on a dental application?
2017 Job Shadowing Requirements/Recommendations
2017 DAT Deadlines/Age of DAT/Multiple Scores/Canadian/Consideration Without DAT Scores

Reactions: 1 user
Retaking your DAT would be very dumb, because you could do worse in subjects which would hurt you. Your stats are great. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Which schools did you apply and got accepted to please.

I applied to Marquette, Columbia, Oklahoma, LECOM, NOVA, WesternU, UConn, Tufts, Case Western, UT Houston, UT San Antonio, and Texas A&M.

I got accepted to NOVA, WesternU, UT Houston, UT San Antonio, and Texas A&M. I got waitlisted at LECOM and did not interview at the other places