This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOAPsucks222

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
for Spring 2017, I transferred from my junior college where i played 2 years of college baseball to UT Austin. i am from Dallas and i am thinking about transferring to UT Arlington. my reasoning:
  1. at UT i am a Psych major and I cannot switch out
  2. i want to major in Chemistry. i have a serious passion for Chemistry and I LOVE it. truly, i have no real interest in Psychology, (though yes i am pre-med and some would say major doesn't matter)
  3. living at UT is MUCH more expensive, so ill save money going to UTA
  4. the whole time i was at UT i felt the need to come home (dallas) on the weekends very often. i made a lot of really good friends in austin but i felt deep down that UT wasn't for me
  5. UT is so so so big and it's slightly intimidating...though I managed to transfer in knowing NO ONE, making the dean's list and lots of friends. i partied too much though, which i can't be doing due to health reasons.
  6. at times i felt a lot happier in Dallas, but Austin is really cool and UT is an amazing school
  7. i founded and play in a band in Dallas and it's a lot of fun, meet lots of people -->Ratchet Action Cult
--- if i do end up transferring to UT Arlington, my graduation will be delayed by a semester or MAYBE two. Med school will not be delayed, though.

if you were in my shoes-- what would you do?!? the biggest reason for my potential transfer is to major in what i want to major in. what's the point of spending SO MUCH money on getting a degree in something you dont want or care about, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Just my two cents, but I was in a very similar situation. I ended up transferring a third time and I think it was the right choice - my final two years of undergrad resulted in a strong GPA, good friends, and an overall happier environment than the second university I was at. If you're confident you can maintain a strong GPA at the third school and are certain you'll be happier there, I would say go for it. Being pre-med shouldn't drain you of your happiness in life (although the MCAT takes a good stab at that).

Reactions: 1 users