Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
as far as I'm concerned, that is the game that shall never be named

I want to forget all about it

Reactions: 1 users
No, I don't think it's something she said. I don't remember what game it was, but I feel like she was one of the only people to be accurately sketched by you.

Is not even close to the full reasoning behind why I would be voting for you though, so doesn't even really matter that much.
Well it's the reasoning you've given so it's all I have to comment on. Otherwise you just keep bringing up my name with no reasoning attached. Oh, other than you disagreeing with me about the mixy lynch.

Members don't see this ad :)
RE: Dubz
Most everything from my PM with her has been pretty null. However she HAS been thinking about and parsing through some things in PM's. Mostly just game mechanics and stuff, so I don't agree with people saying she's been unoriginal.

DAY 2 LYNCH TALLY

Elfabeth (1) - Stagg
jboo (6) - Moose, PBC, Skimble, bryndy, Glamm, cray, dolph
Fern/BBC (1) - Elfa
PBC () -
WZ (1) - DVMD
bryndy (2) - nyan, MJ
RL-KB (1) -
Moose (2) - RL-KB, jboo
Coffee ()
AM (1) - SAR
Stagg (1) - BBC
Cray (8) - AM, MA, genny, Pippy, WZ, kc, Paws, Mel

24/26

Seriously check your votes because holy crap

Reactions: 2 users
No, I don't think it's something she said. I don't remember what game it was, but I feel like she was one of the only people to be accurately sketched by you.

Is not even close to the full reasoning behind why I would be voting for you though, so doesn't even really matter that much.
who is the "she" you guys are talking about? i got lost

RE: Dubz
Most everything from my PM with her has been pretty null. However she HAS been thinking about and parsing through some things in PM's. Mostly just game mechanics and stuff, so I don't agree with people saying she's been unoriginal.

And exactly how do you expect the rest of the thread to be able to see these discussions and evaluate them?

Oh, that's right, we can't. Best she start posting them in thread, otherwise my opinion is unlikely to change.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
have you even been a wolf since i started playing? (mermaid was my first game)
Not an original I don't think. Dry spell ;) The last time was STL's big lounge game last year, last time in pre-vet was Vet Clinic I'm pretty sure. Otherwise been converted a few times.

And exactly how do you expect the rest of the thread to be able to see these discussions and evaluate them?

Oh, that's right, we can't. Best she start posting them in thread, otherwise my opinion is unlikely to change.
You want me to post more?
I would put it in thread if I thought it was relevant. Kind of thought things were busy enough around here without additional side commentary/speculation/rabbit holes.

ETA: to be clear it wasn't any sketch thoughts about anyone or anything. It was expanding on the speculation about what happened last night, in addition to some stuff about the resurrection.

You want me to post more?
I would put it in thread if I thought it was relevant. Kind of thought things were busy enough around here without additional side commentary/speculation/rabbit holes.

I want to see THAT STUFF, not you just adding your lynch onto the already formed bandwagons and nodding in agreement with people. <---This is wolfy you and what you have been doing on thread.

Speculation and "rabbit holey" things are village you. Why are you hiding those, if you are sending those in PM?

Stop the first one, start the second one and you won't be posting more, now will you??

peace out folks, can't wait to see the big reveal and those sweet sweet village tears as revenge for my wrongful death, but I gotta go get my riding crop and put on my corset!

peace out folks, can't wait to see the big reveal and those sweet sweet village tears as revenge for my wrongful death, but I gotta go get my riding crop and put on my corset!

Looks like someone took Sporty up on that "everyone can ride" offer...

Reactions: 6 users
I want to see THAT STUFF, not you just adding your lynch onto the already formed bandwagons and nodding in agreement with people. <---This is wolfy you and what you have been doing on thread.

Speculation and "rabbit holey" things are village you. Why are you hiding those, if you are sending those in PM?

Stop the first one, start the second one and you won't be posting more, now will you??
I don't know, I was just commenting on whatever I felt like without thinking about it too much.

I moved my vote to cray because it looked like things were going to get weird, no one was joining me on PBC, and I wanted to actively participate in what was going on at the moment. She was my second choice so I figured it was better to vote there in case things started to swing than to be sitting on a non-option.
Plus I thought she was actually catching up and would be able to defend since I got a like from her a few minutes before.

END DAY 2

Today’s battle was in Dreamland, and what a cruel joke the setting was. So many players found the day inexplicably punishing that it was reminiscent of the 2002 Nightmare in this exact place.

dVcTwL4.jpg

Things fell from the sky into the laps of some players. Others gripped to the edge, being pushed precariously close by Whispy Woods. Through the entire day, there was no real clear leader…. And some players got tired of that.

Of course, everyone in SDN Smashland is a freaking lunatic and can’t decide who they want to kill. Naturally, the wafflefest and repeated ties gave the hoarse announcer a great deal of amusement as a player, but deep chest pains as a mod.

A few players took matters into their own hands and took their frustrations on poor innocent Whispy Woods. The deforestation of Dreamland had begun.

1D5W.gif

The great tree crashed down among the players, and all but one scrambled out of the way fast enough.

Dead is @Crayola227, Marth, a villager who could use Counter 3 times over the course of the game, and deflect actions back at their user.
tumblr_n8pkdhvnbF1qk6vrmo1_500.gif

The Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Melchizedek
3. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
4. @PrincessButterCup
6. @RedLauren/@Karabiner13 hydra
7. @MixedAnimals77
8. @dolphin106258
9. @kcoughli
10. @nyanko
11. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
12. @Elfabeth
13. @allieh8607
14. @SARdoghandler
15. @CoffeeQuestionMark
16. @genny
17. @Miranda Senft
19. @Skimble
20. @johnnaboo
21. @Stagg737
22. @bryndiana.jones
23. @Glammyre
25. @Pippy
26. @DVMDream
27. @StayingPositive2017

Dead:
24. @Coopah - Shiek, Untrackable wolf
5. @Crayola227 - Marth, Counter village

Night 2 begins now. Get in your night actions!

please role reveal if you're in the lead and a pr

Also I don't think I have just been nodding in agreement with people. I disagreed with people too :p

so did she counter coop? did she know if she had been attacked last night? would have been helpful to village to mention any of these things

Expansion on earlier reads:
Got some what I thought was solid analysis from DVMD and Glam which is why I'm leaning village there.
WZ comments about my death when something could've been kinda verified about my role seems like her usual play to me. However, that could easily slide into wolf given circiumstances. This is why I'm feeling neutral there.
Like others, I would like to get some better play from Elfa.
Coffee? despite being squirely I have a slight village lean currently since she was outright with her actions this morning.
AM seems her usual nothing abnormal there currently.
Stagg seems like he did last game.
RL/KB been getting neutral vibes currently. Waiting for more RL response mostly gotten KB in pm.
The MOOSE and brynd votes I'm not really feeling anything towards. I know brynd said she'd be back shortly so I'll await her response first before I go there. Not seeing the moose stuff right now.
Jboo is now my most sketch feels for. I'd like to hear more from her in general her feeling now after all that has happened @johnnaboo .
I have to agree with AM and would like to know why @allieh8607 hasn't voted the last 2 days. Perhaps this is part of her ability role or...idk that's my only thought I have as to why she hasn't voted. I'm not sure what ability not voting would be. Reguardless I think some kind of explanation is needed.

so did she counter coop? did she know if she had been attacked last night? would have been helpful to village to mention any of these things
Well now we won't know. It would fit, though cray seems like an odd target to me.

I was already thinking if Coop's death was due to that kind of ability, I'd expect that person to have spoken up about it. Wolves would already know since they attacked that player. Now it's been a whole day and (almost) everyone has checked in, so unless cray inexplicably decided not to drop that info, I think there was something else going on.

Reactions: 2 users
Well now we won't know. It would fit, though cray seems like an odd target to me.

I was already thinking if Coop's death was due to that kind of ability, I'd expect that person to have spoken up about it. Wolves would already know since they attacked that player. Now it's been a whole day and (almost) everyone has checked in, so unless cray inexplicably decided not to drop that info, I think there was something else going on.
Plus if she had played it off as a one time ability they may have attacked again and she might have killed them again. Too bad.

The ping was just gut feel based on your tone in posts

again, d1 tone/feels. Dolphin leaning village was based off his response to something early d1 but im having trouble finding it, will look after posting this response.

edit:

this and the above two are original thought. no one had given a feel on dolphin ahead of my comment, and this quote here was even quoted shortly after by pippy saying she thought something similar. show me where other people said these things first. I worked really hard yesterday to keep up and to put out thoughts as i had them.

The moose babysitting vs packing was looking for an inconsistency, i thought maybe she had lied and then forgot her excuse

calling out bryndi today was because she had not posted in the game for like 36 hours but i saw that she was online several times when i was isoing individual people via profiles. i was sort of satisfied enough to not vote there becuase she gave a couple reads and a village lean and i didn;t really know what more to ask to pressure there.

I think we're having some communication errors about what I meant. Just saying you have feels (leaning either way, village or wolf) is not what I meant by original content. If you pointed to a specific post and told me my tone was off - that's what I'd consider specific or original. The posts I quoted from you (and even the two you requoted) don't give specific feels, just blanket feels. For you to then turn around and probe others for reads feels disingenuous when what you're posting is "I have feels for" and "I'm most pinged by." If that's village norm for you I'm less bothered by it.

It's not wrong to post that way, I just want something more substantial to evaluate you on.

I just had this same line of thought. I mean there are lots of players with capes in this game. Assuming this follows smash bros (I haven't heard of any items) but it wouldn't suprise me if there are items. If it was cray though why target her for the night kill? She was already gaining sketch from D1 so why not kill someone else who was more neutral or village leaning? Anyway that's where I'm at on that and why I'm not sure if they tried to kill Cray or not.

I think we're having some communication errors about what I meant. Just saying you have feels (leaning either way, village or wolf) is not what I meant by original content. If you pointed to a specific post and told me my tone was off - that's what I'd consider specific or original. The posts I quoted from you (and even the two you requoted) don't give specific feels, just blanket feels. For you to then turn around and probe others for reads feels disingenuous when what you're posting is "I have feels for" and "I'm most pinged by." If that's village norm for you I'm less bothered by it.

It's not wrong to post that way, I just want something more substantial to evaluate you on.
I see your point. Definitely still trying to learn how to verbalize those feelings and know what it is about posts or setsof posts that make me feel a certain way still

I wasn't comfortable with all the people on it.
How do you feel about moose now?

ETA: I know you said you liked the pressure there or something (I think that was about moose) but after a day of pressure I'd like your overall thoughts on her responses

But giving me crap for stating they are hard to read is ok? :thinking::thinking:

So because I'm not getting a read on D1 means that I can't get a read later? FinnSki hydra was pretty easy for me to read as solid village last game.

The whole "I don't like hydras, let's lynch them" is weak reasoning to me and seems like a cop out for an actual vote.

@PrincessButterCup
Fwiw, this was the post and reaction that had dolphin slightly lean village that I mentioned in my post
Thanks everyone for at least giving me the chance to play for one day. I get it that I’m inexperienced but that doesn’t mean I’m guilty. I’m just doing my best :p

Was someone saying you were guilty? The few posts right before were an unlynch and just mentioning you. Maybe I missed it?

How do you feel about moose now?

ETA: I know you said you liked the pressure there or something (I think that was about moose) but after a day of pressure I'd like your overall thoughts on her responses

Still freaking out tbh. I also feel weird about voting for her and can't place why.

In the interest of putting things out there before a night cycle, there's also still a small part of me that would like to vote for dvmd. Not anything solid at all, just is kind of convenient that she roared onto the thread right after a wolf was lynched and it sometimes weirds me out when I agree with her a lot.

Don't forget about ny, either -- she's dropped off even more than usual imo.

If I die, lynch both before end game, plz. Noobs may not realize this, but both of them are absurdly good wolves.

ETA: KC also falls into this category