Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BBC/Fern
And now I'm stuck on it even though it doesn't matter. I can't remember the last time BBC even played a game where I was a wolf
Rocky Horror, and then I think 1 or 2 since then? Rocky Horror I had you pegged as a wolf D1, quite proud of that!

@PippyPony are you building a zombie army?
If there are so many roles preventing death (self jailer, protector, bomber, who knows what else), and so many rezzes, it makes me hesitant that all of the rezzes will come back village. @PippyPony, did your role specify that they would come back as villagers?

I keep returning to this in my head. WHY did BBC get silenced when these were literally the only 3 posts the wolves had to go off of?

It makes *no* sense to me, at all.

Unless, there is a particular player that may know BBC could be dangerous to have around but frankly she gave no indication of suspicions to who this could be.

No idea lol. I'm assuming it was done to make me look sketchier, or just someone thinking it would be funny to really piss me off. If the latter, I suspect @Melchizedek 😛 Since I hadn't done anything sketchy and the silencing blocked me from contributing when I specified I would have things to say, I am leaning towards sketchy role behind it.

It seems we have some overlap between action claims from last night. I don't have time to go through what each person has claimed since I'm about to leave for work, but I think looking at that more closely could be beneficial and will do so after I'm off.

Mel, was the edit something we should be concerned about? Yes or no.

WZ's word switch there is giving me red flags.

Care to explain or are we to assume you are both wolves and that coffee? just rojo'd?

I don't think Mel would be that stupid, lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@johnnaboo you have been on Moose and Dubz solely it would seem since yesterday. Do you think they're both wolves? Do you have other thoughts on theories players have been putting out?

What happened to your original theory, about the wolves hiding-you named
Wouldn’t surprise me if they both flipped wolf. Other theories are that I’d like to hear from ny (has anyone heard from her today? Has anyone claimed silencing?) and that PBC said something in my catch-up read that weirded me out.

Original theory is still a possibility. I’m keeping tabs on people who have been pretty quiet, as per usual.

Any follow up? What did you gain from calling out these players? Aren't you concerned that MJ hasn't checked in since you tagged him...?
I called out those players because they hadn’t voted yet on D1 and it was close to lynch close.
 
clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif
Are you saying you have a gif posting restriction?
 
Wouldn’t surprise me if they both flipped wolf. Other theories are that I’d like to hear from ny (has anyone heard from her today? Has anyone claimed silencing?) and that PBC said something in my catch-up read that weirded me out.

Original theory is still a possibility. I’m keeping tabs on people who have been pretty quiet, as per usual.


I called out those players because they hadn’t voted yet on D1 and it was close to lynch close.
What'd PBC say?

Do you have a rebuttal to Moose who pointed out that she had been active today, yet you only honed in on when she was defending herself?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Miranda Senft @bryndiana.jones @nyanko Can you tell me who you want to Exeggcute today?

WZ was on my list yesterday, but looking back over her posts is making me move her more into the neutral category, although there is something I can't pinpoint that just doesn't seem right. I would be fine voting here if more flags come up from her (like the word slip-up) because something feels off.
Jboo I think is tunneling on Moose, who honestly seems to me to be just trying to get her reads out there. Jboo mentioned something about "BS reads", and I assumed she was talking about Moose, but when I went back to look at Moose's reads, they didn't seem very far-fetched. @johnnaboo who would you be voting for if not Moose?
@genny you thought coffee was wolfy, do you still feel that way or is there someone else you are looking at more closely?
DVMD I was leaning strongly as village, both with what she has been posting and the general feel I am getting from her. I also have Dolphin as village.

And then there is this interaction. . .

Lynch redlauren/kara this is really only because the hydra thing confuses me.

This lynch vote is likely to change but figure someone has to start somewhere so we can see some reactions and get the ball rolling from there.

And then Stagg either incorrectly infers what she was trying to say, or s/he was twisting her words with the bolded, to which DMVD gets pretty defensive (understandably so, I get mad when I think people are trying to twist my words). So I'm not sure if this was just a big misunderstanding, or there is something more here.

Yes, you said that they are hard to read because knowing your game play is sketchy from one of them (RL) and normal from the other (Kara) so you don't know who's voice is speaking. You also said that makes you nervous and it sounded like that's why you voted for the hydra. I already said I don't think hydras are, particularly one where one person is a total noob, are as hard to read as you're making out (I've had no problem with it in the games I've watched and played). So yea, I took your vote as "I'm scared/nervous of the hydra and don't have a better vote, so that's where I'm voting." Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong but that's how it came off to me.

At the same time you didn't seem to realize early on that the recent hydras only have one person posting, then your explanation was about how when it's RL posting you don't know how to interpret it becuase it could be RL or Kara's idea. So your example didn't match up with your initial statement about why hydras made you nervous/were hard to read. Maybe that's not how you meant it to be interpreted, but that's what I saw.

So for today I'm thinking of voting for Stagg, WZ, or Jboo depending on how they are posting today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WZ was on my list yesterday, but looking back over her posts is making me move her more into the neutral category, although there is something I can't pinpoint that just doesn't seem right. I would be fine voting here if more flags come up from her (like the word slip-up) because something feels off.
Jboo I think is tunneling on Moose, who honestly seems to me to be just trying to get her reads out there. Jboo mentioned something about "BS reads", and I assumed she was talking about Moose, but when I went back to look at Moose's reads, they didn't seem very far-fetched. @johnnaboo who would you be voting for if not Moose?
@genny you thought coffee was wolfy, do you still feel that way or is there someone else you are looking at more closely?
DVMD I was leaning strongly as village, both with what she has been posting and the general feel I am getting from her. I also have Dolphin as village.

And then there is this interaction. . .



And then Stagg either incorrectly infers what she was trying to say, or s/he was twisting her words with the bolded, to which DMVD gets pretty defensive (understandably so, I get mad when I think people are trying to twist my words). So I'm not sure if this was just a big misunderstanding, or there is something more here.



So for today I'm thinking of voting for Stagg, WZ, or Jboo depending on how they are posting today.

If WZ was on your list yesterday, why did you take a Chansey with jboo?
 
If WZ was on your list yesterday, why did you vote for jboo?

I voted for Jboo because there were specific posts I could go back to with her that seemed like they were reaching a bit, were overly focused on something, or that seemed to be picking on someone for something that didn't make sense (Moose situation). In addition to those posts I am getting a bit of a wolfy vibe from her. For WZ, when I initially read through the thread, there was something that just didn't "feel" right about her, but looking back at her posts I can't pinpoint exactly what it was that bothered me on my first read through. I think the smarter decision was to go with someone I had both specific examples for, and feels, as opposed to just the latter.
 
I voted for Jboo because there were specific posts I could go back to with her that seemed like they were reaching a bit, were overly focused on something, or that seemed to be picking on someone for something that didn't make sense (Moose situation). In addition to those posts I am getting a bit of a wolfy vibe from her. For WZ, when I initially read through the thread, there was something that just didn't "feel" right about her, but looking back at her posts I can't pinpoint exactly what it was that bothered me on my first read through. I think the smarter decision was to go with someone I had both specific examples for, and feels, as opposed to just the latter.

How do you feel about those Seaking to get MOOSE lynched today?
 
I keep returning to this in my head. WHY did BBC get silenced when these were literally the only 3 posts the wolves had to go off of?

It makes *no* sense to me, at all.

Unless, there is a particular player that may know BBC could be dangerous to have around but frankly she gave no indication of suspicions to who this could be.
Why are you so sure the silencer is a wolf? It’s not always a wolfy ability (though it is an ability I strongly dislike.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And on the third day...Squirtle Lynch Tally:
Stagg () -
WZ (3) - allieh, Coffee, Pippy
Glamm (1) - WZ
Moose (4) - RL-KB, Melby, LOTF, jboo
DVMD () -
bryndy (1) - AM
Mel () -
SAR () -
kc (1) - DVMD

10/26

Deadline in 5 hours (9p Central, 10p Eastern)
 
How do you feel about those Seaking to get MOOSE lynched today?
Mel I have as village, Rl-KB I have as village lean, Jboo I have as a wolf lean. It's of course very possible they see something in Moose's posting that I am missing, but just because some of my village-lean people are voting there doesn't mean I am going to. Especially not if I don't see what they are seeing, if it was WZ (for example) I could vote there because I already feel uneasy about her.

To add:
LOTF just hopped on so I have her as neutral, and will watch to see how her vote changes after she catches up on the thread.
 
@genny you thought coffee was wolfy, do you still feel that way or is there someone else you are looking at more closely?
I already answered that. I’m an addict, I can’t quit caffeine. I’ve made peace with my addiction.
I think you’d make a good lynch candidate though. And I don’t really want to just drop jboo yet.