Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have reason to believe there are cover roles?
No freakin clue.

Also, to answer your earlier question now that I was able to re-read and actually formulate thoughts...
KC popping in first thing but not saying much or voting came off as odd
BBC also popped in early and then poofed outta here, but I've never played with her so idk

But those are just WIFOM. I can't really do reads on people who haven't checked in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No freakin clue.

Also, to answer your earlier question now that I was able to re-read and actually formulate thoughts...
KC popping in first thing but not saying much or voting came off as odd
BBC also popped in early and then poofed outta here, but I've never played with her so idk

But those are just WIFOM. I can't really do reads on people who haven't checked in.

You played with BBC in Michigan. What are your reads on people who have checked in?

I dont owe you anything, seeing as those are the rules we played by last time ;)
:laugh:

Lynch Coffee?

Signal to noise ratio is too high for my liking and now refusing to be of any help.

also if we're still playing by last game's rules, I want to re-inforce the "Don't lie to village" lesson haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If it they are actually an unseerable wolf, and there's no STL bastard rules, it should return "they are village/were unable to be seered/did nothing last night" not "no results returned/you were unable to use your action".
How about: "you could not determine xyz's affiliation" or "you did not see xyz do anything last night"

Again, it's just a lot of assumptions for something that could be definitively determined pretty easily, imo. Agree to disagree?

It sounds like it's a Commuter role. "Leave" at night, no one can touch you.

It's not super common but also not unusual. Is typically village, for obvious reasons.

Also makes it a decent ability claim for a wolf because:
- Unlikely to be another one to counter claim, but not a super weird mechanic
- Better utility as a village role makes it inherently lean village
- Easy to "prove" by just saying you weren't targeted, or having wolves "attack" you and hold their kill for the night
What makes me hesitant is that to clear her someone else has to vouch that they used an action, which makes them a target even if they don't reveal what ability they have.

My feels weren't very solid to begin with but I don't love the role reveal. I am leaning towards trusting it (or at least letting it be) for now, but I want to find a better candidate before I switch. I'll catch up more thoroughly and see if I feel the same.

Moose’s absence is becoming more suspicious the closer it gets to the deadline.

Unlynch SAR
Lynch Moose

What makes me hesitant is that to clear her someone else has to vouch that they used an action, which makes them a target even if they don't reveal what ability they have.

My feels weren't very solid to begin with but I don't love the role reveal. I am leaning towards trusting it (or at least letting it be) for now, but I want to find a better candidate before I switch. I'll catch up more thoroughly and see if I feel the same.
You don't love the role reveal and it made your feels more solid, but at the same time you trust it and and are looking for someone else?

o_O

Lynch MA because I'm a noob, I'll vote with the majority tonight.

How about: "you could not determine xyz's affiliation" or "you did not see xyz do anything last night"

Again, it's just a lot of assumptions for something that could be definitively determined pretty easily, imo. Agree to disagree?

That would be something that should never appear for commuter results, but yes agree to disgree.

I still don’t want to lynch Mixy. And I was confused by RedLauren and the way she phrased what she said that I questioned about. But her response was fine, still weird feels but not lynchable feels. PBC kinda feels odd, idk, and moose being gone is also weird. I have several options but none solid. Ugh.
I liked last game where someone voted for me for flying under the radar so I could retaliatory vote the first day. :laugh:

I suppose I could say it a little more nicely...
Don't be afraid to be wrong. Villagers are wrong all the time. Just vote for whoever seems most likely to be a wolf in your opinion. Sometimes the whole village is wrong, and one lil noob sees the truth, so don't be afraid to speak up.

Reactions: 6 users
That would be something that should never appear for commuter results, but yes agree to disgree.
As an aside, you're going to hate my games. Lol

(Just kidding! I'm working on a couple big ones that I think will be a lot of fun. I promise to not mess with players tooooo much ;) )

Haha I guess I can see how

The voice in my head mentioned it. I think she thought it was odd she lynched me but didn’t elaborate to give much of an explanation why.

Editing to add voice in my heads initial thoughts before moose unlynched me: “She dropped a joke vote for us and hasn't been back from what I can see. Is she going to sit on us all day or is she going to come back why a serious vote or real reason to vote us?”
Twas a joke vote for challenging my gif authority!
giphy.gif

I suppose I could say it a little more nicely...
Don't be afraid to be wrong. Villagers are wrong all the time. Just vote for whoever seems most likely to be a wolf in your opinion. Sometimes the whole village is wrong, and one lil noob sees the truth, so don't be afraid to speak up.
Hands down my best* games were when I was a fresh-eyed lil' nooblet. New players sometimes see things that are lost on the people who are in too deep

(*village games. My wolf game has thankfully improved over time, I think.)

Reactions: 5 users
Unofficial GAME ON Day 1 Lynch Tally:
RL-KB (1) - DVMD
SAR () -
MA (6) - PBC, jboo, Cray, Coop, Pippy, Elfbeth
bryndy (1) - SAR
Coops () -
genny (1) - BBC/Ferny
BBC () -
Paws (1) - Skimble
Elfabeth () -
Cray (1) - MA
Mel () -
Coffee (3) - Stagg, genny, Mel
PBC (1) - WZ
allieh (1) - Coffee
MJ (1) - kc
MOOSE (3) - AM, Paws, RL-KB

20/27
Deadline in 50 minutes (at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central)

Did not mean to be gone that long. Couple of points -
Do you have reason to believe there are cover roles?
Kaydubs likes having cover roles in games, and I know that the SSB Brawl "plot" provides an excuse for any character to be a villain. I'd guess that Mixy is Olimar because otherwise it'd be counter-claimed, but wouldn't put her as a villager based on role name alone. I am putting her as a villager because her reactions don't seem out of line and her ability is highly appropriate for her role name.

What is RNG?
Random Number Generator/God. Cursed and praised far and wide for its ability to assign roles and items, and used for votes if the player doesn't have any stronger feelings.

I'm hoping that there's a mostly harmless item someone could aim her way, like the whisk.

Others have hammered this, but... seriously, this kind of play bothers me. You do know enough to play here and make your own decisions.

You don't love the role reveal and it made your feels more solid, but at the same time you trust it and and are looking for someone else?

o_O

I didn't say I trust it, but I am willing to consider other people. I realize I didn't make the most sense there. If someone else is a real possibility I could be persuaded to move my vote.

She didn't bring up another candidate in her defense (unless I missed it on my phone?) which is another weird feel. I'm more inclined to go with role reveals if they're making a effort to contribute themselves rather than hoping their reveal will magically take the pressure off.

Eh, I'm talking myself around in circles. I don't see another player I want to lynch more than her, especially from the other slight leaders - I don't want to vote Moose for inactivity when so many people still haven't come in at all, and I need to look closer and see what the coffee? votes are for.

Okay y'all, it's freaking Day 1 and I mentioned before the game even started that I would be busy until July 8th as I'm driving all day tomorrow and packing up today. But as Dubz said everyone has lives lol.

Lynch Elfabeth

because, although you're a noob, it's a great strategy as a noob to declare that because you're a noob you're going to bandwagon and, therefore, go under the radar. You deserve to live another day in my opinion and based on the current votes I don't believe you'll get lynched, but I don't believe mixy is giving off wolfy vibes because tbh (sorry mixy) she always gives off vibes and she's almost never a wolf. I don't want to not vote for anybody, but I want it on the record that I dislike first day votes (as I'm sure most people do). So, there!
tenor.gif

Okay y'all, it's freaking Day 1 and I mentioned before the game even started that I would be busy until July 8th as I'm driving all day tomorrow and packing up today. But as Dubz said everyone has lives lol.

Lynch Elfabeth

because, although you're a noob, it's a great strategy as a noob to declare that because you're a noob you're going to bandwagon and, therefore, go under the radar. You deserve to live another day in my opinion and based on the current votes I don't believe you'll get lynched, but I don't believe mixy is giving off wolfy vibes because tbh (sorry mixy) she always gives off vibes and she's almost never a wolf. I don't want to not vote for anybody, but I want it on the record that I dislike first day votes (as I'm sure most people do). So, there!
tenor.gif

What about the other people who have posted?

The planet I landed on has dangerous O2 levels so to safely make it home to my wife and kid everyday I leave the planet at night. Therefore I can't be targeted by night actions.
So you're a commuter?
I missed playing with you too Coop.

What information will you gain from a Mixy lynch?
1) obvious
2) If wolf flip tells me lots about jboo and cray but village tells me nothing about either.
Unlynch Coop
Lynch MOOSE
Why moose?

It sounds like it's a Commuter role. "Leave" at night, no one can touch you.

It's not super common but also not unusual. Is typically village, for obvious reasons.

Also makes it a decent ability claim for a wolf because:
- Unlikely to be another one to counter claim, but not a super weird mechanic
- Better utility as a village role makes it inherently lean village
- Easy to "prove" by just saying you weren't targeted, or having wolves "attack" you and hold their kill for the night
Yeah I'm just not gonna bother anymore lol

I don't want to vote Moose for inactivity when so many people still haven't come in at all, and I need to look closer and see what the coffee? votes are for.
Same boat here :(. I just tried to look at the coffee vote and I'm still confused. I think Stagg's was RNG, genny didn't explain, and Mel thought there was too much fluff for content?

Anyone want to help?

1) obvious
2) If wolf flip tells me lots about jboo and cray but village tells me nothing about either.

What would either flip tell you about jboo and Cray? Why not PBC or anyone else that lynched Mixy today?

You seemed to insinuate earlier that a mislynch still held information.

Why moose?

Stated why a couple posts after this one.

I'm willing to back off based on the reveal for now. Would be pretty OP to have a wolf that no night actions could be used on. Someone will probably verify it eventually (probably better not to have everybody redirect their actions to mixy tonight, eh? ;) ).

Unlynch mixy
Now I want to see how she flips

lynch coffee

to add pressure and because I don't think Mixy is a good lynch.

Personally, I'm most suspicious of WildZoo at this time. I'm sort-of the opposite of jboo - I think one of the wolves got on the thread early to try and push opinion. It's weak, but out of the early leaders, cray and WildZoo were the ones whose logic I disagreed with most, and I think part of my read on Cray is posting style.

:laugh:

Lynch Coffee?

Signal to noise ratio is too high for my liking and now refusing to be of any help.

also if we're still playing by last game's rules, I want to re-inforce the "Don't lie to village" lesson haha
Holy crap, I don't know why but this pisses me off. Feels like leftovers from last game. Let it go.

GAME ON Day 1 Lynch Tally:
RL-KB (1) - DVMD
SAR () -
MA (6) - PBC, jboo, Cray, Coop, Pippy, Elfbeth
bryndy (1) - SAR
Coops () -
genny (1) - BBC/Ferny
BBC () -
Paws (1) - Skimble
Elfabeth () -
Cray (1) - MA
Mel () -
Coffee (4) - Stagg, genny, Mel, Glam
PBC (1) - WZ
allieh (1) - Coffee
MJ (1) - kc
MOOSE (3) - AM, Paws, RL-KB
Elfabeth (1) - MOOSE

22/27
Deadline in 40 minutes (at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central)

@Animal Midwife is a mod's tally savior

Last edited:
Personally, I'm most suspicious of WildZoo at this time. I'm sort-of the opposite of jboo - I think one of the wolves got on the thread early to try and push opinion. It's weak, but out of the early leaders, cray and WildZoo were the ones whose logic I disagreed with most, and I think part of my read on Cray is posting style.
To clarify--I think that's a definitely possibility as well. I think at least one wolf is hiding

What about the other people who have posted?
You seem like your normal questioning self
Mel seems like his normal self as well
Dubz is a bit quiet but I'm not too concerned
PBC seems a bit defensive but to be voted on the first day makes you so so I'm eh
I'm always suspicious of Cray just based on her meta so I'm keeping my eye on her
RL-KB is a dangerous hybrid since RL is a noob and can claim as such and KB is such an experienced player and, having wolfed with her recently, she's excellent at directing people
I don't agree with the Mixy vote as she sounds normal
I think allie is a bit defensive, but again, she got lynched last time for being quiet so I'm willing to give her a day
SAR seems suspicious
Jboo is kinda setting off my radar but I just wolfed with her last game and she was less active that game
Paws seems normal as well
I haven't played with a lot of the people here so this is what I've got so far.

This feels weird wishy washy. Like if you're a wolf you could be like hey I was against it if she's village but be like hey I wasn't vouching if she's a wolf. Basically it's sets off all the feels.

To clarify--I think that's a definitely possibility as well. I think at least one wolf is hiding
I agree with you, although I'd be surprised if a wolf was waiting to speak up with ~30min until lynch close. I'd just rather hunt down the possible talkative wolf because there's more clues.

You seem like your normal questioning self
Mel seems like his normal self as well
Dubz is a bit quiet but I'm not too concerned
PBC seems a bit defensive but to be voted on the first day makes you so so I'm eh
I'm always suspicious of Cray just based on her meta so I'm keeping my eye on her
RL-KB is a dangerous hybrid since RL is a noob and can claim as such and KB is such an experienced player and, having wolfed with her recently, she's excellent at directing people
I don't agree with the Mixy vote as she sounds normal
I think allie is a bit defensive, but again, she got lynched last time for being quiet so I'm willing to give her a day
SAR seems suspicious
Jboo is kinda setting off my radar but I just wolfed with her last game and she was less active that game
Paws seems normal as well
I haven't played with a lot of the people here so this is what I've got so far.

Why is SAR suspicious?