You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Smash Bros WW Sign-Ups!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
rude............![]()
Of course!!!! I'm so glad you like it!!!!AWWWWWWW ITS SO FREAKIN CUTE THANK YOU![]()

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am. Those are amazing, Ski!youre just jealous
oops I didn't mean to tag you, Cray. Sorry
omg
Even Cray has the 10+ year gone doppleganger?
shhhhhhh you weren't supposed to see thatEven Cray has the 10-year gone doppleganger?
Gotta compliment me for that.... butter me up, if you will. 😉Where's the butter? 😉
......wow. Just....![]()
Officially making you Mr. Kay and Watch for this game.
Yaaaasssss, the OG!!!
Gotta compliment me for that.... butter me up, if you will. 😉
I'm sure we could do some churning.. 😉
You guys are not disappointing me today.Officially making you Mr. Kay and Watch for this game.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank youuuuuuI am. Those are amazing, Ski!
(I got really bored
)All roles should be out, so please let me know if I missed you! Game thread will be up eventually as well. I need real rolls first.
Will there be a tot chat at all?All roles should be out, so please let me know if I missed you! Game thread will be up eventually as well. I need real rolls first.
Sure, I can make one if you compile a list of who said they wanted to be a spectator.Will there be a tot chat at all?
Looking back I think it was just lawper and snowy(unless she ended up joining the game?)Sure, I can make one if you compile a list of who said they wanted to be a spectator.
Just a heads up, tomorrow is my only day off until next Sunday, so after tomorrow I'll likely be posting much less during the day.
lynch staggJust a heads up, tomorrow is my only day off until next Sunday, so after tomorrow I'll likely be posting much less during the day.
too many excuses
Your avatar is fantastic. I chuckled.Looking back I think it was just lawper and snowy(unless she ended up joining the game?)
I’m predictable in my unpredictability. Wait and see, scallywagOfficially making you Mr. Kay and Watch for this game.
Thank you, dear! @Miranda Senft made this beauty for me since I was making ones for everyone elseYour avatar is fantastic. I chuckled.

Okay, avatar appropriately updated (pretty sure I used this one for the Pokemon game but I like it so...).
I’m predictable in my unpredictability. Wait and see, scallywag
Typical Mr. Kay and Watch...
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I can't read Solid Snake without a mentalSonic Snake?
![]()

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks @SkiOtter I'll change it as soon as I can get on a real computer! (May be tomorrow)
youre welcome!!Thanks @SkiOtter I'll change it as soon as I can get on a real computer! (May be tomorrow)
****
Is the quantity of postings in this particular game normal?
Trying to gauge what to expect if I try again one day. Man, I really underestimated you all.
Or maybe we have more people than usual playing?
*****
so I don't derail the game thread
we seem to have had ridiculous amounts of posting lately. On the one hand it's good for analysis of people but on the other hand it makes it tough for people who work to keep up. Kind of want to run a game of only hydras (like MU did I think?) to see if that helps. Only hydras would also go along with AM's idea of an anonymous game so you can't rely on metas as hydras end up being a combination of the two players metas
This also sounds fun!so I don't derail the game thread
we seem to have had ridiculous amounts of posting lately. On the one hand it's good for analysis of people but on the other hand it makes it tough for people who work to keep up. Kind of want to run a game of only hydras (like MU did I think?) to see if that helps. Only hydras would also go along with AM's idea of an anonymous game so you can't rely on metas as hydras end up being a combination of the two players metas
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Personally I like the active games... We have a ton of quieter ones during the school year.
But I do like the hydra idea, especially since WildWife died so early in the MU game lol
But I do like the hydra idea, especially since WildWife died so early in the MU game lol
Wait until you work 12 hours days and have 8 pages to catch up on when you're finally home and brain dead 😡Personally I like the active games... We have a ton of quieter ones during the school year.
But I do like the hydra idea, especially since WildWife died so early in the MU game lol
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I have been at work all day and had to come home to catch up. I've also skimmed games and done fine. I just don't think we should fault people for having fun and playing the game when they have time, and this is a time of year when a good portion of the players have more time than usual. Like I said, we have plenty of quieter games during the school year.Wait until you work 12 hours days and have 8 pages to catch up on when you're finally home and brain dead 😡
Quiet games don't exist anymore. Ever. My day plus personal emergencies started at 5AM and ended at midnight. After this, I'm unlikely to play again because I can't keep up and it isn't fun when you can't keep up.
I wonder if it would be interesting to run a "post restricted" game. Like you get 2 (maybe 3 if it's a big game) pages per day cycle to talk and strategize and once that post limit is reached the only thing allowed to be posted on thread is lynch votes.
I dont know if it would work/people would enjoy it but it would be interesting. Really force people to think about what goes on thread.
I dont know if it would work/people would enjoy it but it would be interesting. Really force people to think about what goes on thread.
I like this idea 🙂 It's kinda similar to a speed game I guess.I wonder if it would be interesting to run a "post restricted" game. Like you get 2 (maybe 3 if it's a big game) pages per day cycle to talk and strategize and once that post limit is reached the only thing allowed to be posted on thread is lynch votes.
I dont know if it would work/people would enjoy it but it would be interesting. Really force people to think about what goes on thread.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
They definitely do though. I mean, it gets all off kilter with timezones, and obviously if you're gone all day in a more active game it gets crazy, and life happens. But the past few games that ran during school have consistently averaged around 4-5 pages total per cycle. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.Quiet games don't exist anymore. Ever. My day plus personal emergencies started at 5AM and ended at midnight. After this, I'm unlikely to play again because I can't keep up and it isn't fun when you can't keep up.
This just makes me sad, but to each their own lolI wonder if it would be interesting to run a "post restricted" game. Like you get 2 (maybe 3 if it's a big game) pages per day cycle to talk and strategize and once that post limit is reached the only thing allowed to be posted on thread is lynch votes.
I dont know if it would work/people would enjoy it but it would be interesting. Really force people to think about what goes on thread.
Edit: if you do want to do something like that a post cap per player is better than a total page cap, otherwise people who are in different time zones or show up later get the short end of the stick
Last edited:
Yeah I think a page cap per day would be a bad idea but per player would be better but I still don’t know how ideal that’d beThis just makes me sad, but to each their own lol
Edit: if you do want to do something like that a post cap per player is better than a total page cap, otherwise people who are in different time zones or show up later get the short end of the stick
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It wouldn't. A page is 50 posts and a post is a post no matter how long it is. Very likely you'd just end up with walls of text.Yeah I think a page cap per day would be a bad idea but per player would be better but I still don’t know how ideal that’d be
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I just feel like I've ended up in some alternate universe because we've had one (maybe two, Colorado was pretty active) game with unusually high participation. The usual complaint is the opposite.
Or people just editing their post over and overIt wouldn't. A page is 50 posts and a post is a post no matter how long it is. Very likely you'd just end up with walls of text.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That one would be easier to guard against, just have a no editing ruleOr people just editing their post over and over
I just feel like I've ended up in some alternate universe because we've had one (maybe two, Colorado was pretty active) game with unusually high participation. The usual complaint is the opposite.
I changed once I started working. It's more fun when I actually have time to analyze. When I skim, I just end of with a laundry list of things I want to look into and no time to do it
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I mean, it is more fun to analyze, yes. Which is why those of us who currently have a lot of time on our hands do it. And that's how you end up with all the posts.I changed once I started working. It's more fun when I actually have time to analyze. When I skim, I just end of with a laundry list of things I want to look into and no time to do it
Trust me I get it, I have played games when I had a full time job or when life was very, very busy for one reason or another (and gotten lynched for it, huzzah). Sat out some games because of it. But I'm not going to begrudge other people their fun because I'm busy

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Anyway there's a reason why I like my games with 25 players or less and lots of death
Honestly the 10+ page days are part of the reason I couldn’t catch up in this game. Skimming 4 pages and doing ok is doable, skimming or just skipping over 10 pages is a totally different thing. I’m not faulting those that could participate like that, but it made it much harder for me to play at all.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 6K
