This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ba8a7d7dc44bd178f356b0fc973d5d90.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up, tomorrow is my only day off until next Sunday, so after tomorrow I'll likely be posting much less during the day.

Is the quantity of postings in this particular game normal?

Trying to gauge what to expect if I try again one day. Man, I really underestimated you all.

Or maybe we have more people than usual playing?

so I don't derail the game thread

we seem to have had ridiculous amounts of posting lately. On the one hand it's good for analysis of people but on the other hand it makes it tough for people who work to keep up. Kind of want to run a game of only hydras (like MU did I think?) to see if that helps. Only hydras would also go along with AM's idea of an anonymous game so you can't rely on metas as hydras end up being a combination of the two players metas

Reactions: 8 users
so I don't derail the game thread

we seem to have had ridiculous amounts of posting lately. On the one hand it's good for analysis of people but on the other hand it makes it tough for people who work to keep up. Kind of want to run a game of only hydras (like MU did I think?) to see if that helps. Only hydras would also go along with AM's idea of an anonymous game so you can't rely on metas as hydras end up being a combination of the two players metas
This also sounds fun!

Personally I like the active games... We have a ton of quieter ones during the school year.

But I do like the hydra idea, especially since WildWife died so early in the MU game lol

Reactions: 2 users
Personally I like the active games... We have a ton of quieter ones during the school year.

But I do like the hydra idea, especially since WildWife died so early in the MU game lol
Wait until you work 12 hours days and have 8 pages to catch up on when you're finally home and brain dead :mad:

Reactions: 8 users
Wait until you work 12 hours days and have 8 pages to catch up on when you're finally home and brain dead :mad:
I have been at work all day and had to come home to catch up. I've also skimmed games and done fine. I just don't think we should fault people for having fun and playing the game when they have time, and this is a time of year when a good portion of the players have more time than usual. Like I said, we have plenty of quieter games during the school year.

Quiet games don't exist anymore. Ever. My day plus personal emergencies started at 5AM and ended at midnight. After this, I'm unlikely to play again because I can't keep up and it isn't fun when you can't keep up.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if it would be interesting to run a "post restricted" game. Like you get 2 (maybe 3 if it's a big game) pages per day cycle to talk and strategize and once that post limit is reached the only thing allowed to be posted on thread is lynch votes.

I dont know if it would work/people would enjoy it but it would be interesting. Really force people to think about what goes on thread.

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder if it would be interesting to run a "post restricted" game. Like you get 2 (maybe 3 if it's a big game) pages per day cycle to talk and strategize and once that post limit is reached the only thing allowed to be posted on thread is lynch votes.

I dont know if it would work/people would enjoy it but it would be interesting. Really force people to think about what goes on thread.
I like this idea :) It's kinda similar to a speed game I guess.

Quiet games don't exist anymore. Ever. My day plus personal emergencies started at 5AM and ended at midnight. After this, I'm unlikely to play again because I can't keep up and it isn't fun when you can't keep up.
They definitely do though. I mean, it gets all off kilter with timezones, and obviously if you're gone all day in a more active game it gets crazy, and life happens. But the past few games that ran during school have consistently averaged around 4-5 pages total per cycle. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

This just makes me sad, but to each their own lol

Edit: if you do want to do something like that a post cap per player is better than a total page cap, otherwise people who are in different time zones or show up later get the short end of the stick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This just makes me sad, but to each their own lol

Edit: if you do want to do something like that a post cap per player is better than a total page cap, otherwise people who are in different time zones or show up later get the short end of the stick
Yeah I think a page cap per day would be a bad idea but per player would be better but I still don’t know how ideal that’d be

Yeah I think a page cap per day would be a bad idea but per player would be better but I still don’t know how ideal that’d be
It wouldn't. A page is 50 posts and a post is a post no matter how long it is. Very likely you'd just end up with walls of text.

I just feel like I've ended up in some alternate universe because we've had one (maybe two, Colorado was pretty active) game with unusually high participation. The usual complaint is the opposite.

I just feel like I've ended up in some alternate universe because we've had one (maybe two, Colorado was pretty active) game with unusually high participation. The usual complaint is the opposite.

I changed once I started working. It's more fun when I actually have time to analyze. When I skim, I just end of with a laundry list of things I want to look into and no time to do it

I changed once I started working. It's more fun when I actually have time to analyze. When I skim, I just end of with a laundry list of things I want to look into and no time to do it
I mean, it is more fun to analyze, yes. Which is why those of us who currently have a lot of time on our hands do it. And that's how you end up with all the posts.

Trust me I get it, I have played games when I had a full time job or when life was very, very busy for one reason or another (and gotten lynched for it, huzzah). Sat out some games because of it. But I'm not going to begrudge other people their fun because I'm busy :shrug:

Honestly the 10+ page days are part of the reason I couldn’t catch up in this game. Skimming 4 pages and doing ok is doable, skimming or just skipping over 10 pages is a totally different thing. I’m not faulting those that could participate like that, but it made it much harder for me to play at all.