StardeWW 2: Ginger Island - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I could get behind this as well.
Did anyone do an independent analysis of SAR? I think I saw JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ did and I know Stagg did but I don't think Stagg can be regarded as a trustworthy source in this game lol
I did it partially but basically my point was the vote movements weren’t clearing of SAR because mighty was already in increased suspicion when she voted there and Staggs was condemned
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only thing i have is the WZ soul read of SAR which i’m viewing it stronger than the AM read on barky

Why?

Because AM misread barky in Wedding and i found no instances where WZ misread SAR
I personally individually village read them both tone wise so like
Might as well flip a coin?? I was wolf-reading Barks previously in this game so maybe I was onto something
Although that might be the measure to NOT vote Barks because my gut has been out of whack
 
I personally individually village read them both tone wise so like
Might as well flip a coin?? I was wolf-reading Barks previously in this game so maybe I was onto something
Although that might be the measure to NOT vote Barks because my gut has been out of whack
For me, it’s not about the gut. It’s this Staggs-like attempt to turn villagers into deepwolves and throw village into chaos by having no one to rely on
 
Hey gang, I'm dealing with a minor classroom crisis but I am here
Thoughts pls

Okay, well, I didn't kill anyone because I was blocked last night.
No one is claiming that. If it's a villager I'm guessing they don't want to be killed, but gut tells me you aren't a villager.

However, there were flavor differences between what happened to me last night and what happened when Barks jailed me and that's puzzling me (or barks blocked me and I was jailed last night...??? I don't remember what was claimed).

Yes, that's why I specifically mentioned the flavor being different... Something slightly different happened compared to when barks acted on me.
 
I thought SAR was softing she blocked me but she seems not to be saying that lol so I'm confused.
I think JJJ should only be pursued after everyone more likely is gone... If that makes sense
To be clear, are you saying that your strong town read on SAR early in this phase was driven by a belief that she had blocked you and softed doing so?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On a more non-mechanical direction, do you think Staggs and SAR could be paired? This is where i’m at now. I could see Staggs/barky too especially with how he moved her from wolfreads to lean village
I think they're compatible in the technical sense, in that the most "unpairing" material comes from the single day phase I trust the least for analytic conclusions (the day Stagg was voted out). I found their interaction to be quite similar to the Stagg/PSV interaction, especially from the SAR and PSV direction. Stagg was more deliberate in his treatment of SAR than PSV though (Stagg makes concrete reads on SAR and just kinda throws around PSV's name within piles of names without a clear direction).

In a vacuum I think that's worse for PSV. The personality of the mafioso is key though. Do you think Stagg would be more inclined to take concrete stances on his teammate or evade direct discussion if that teammate is somewhat deep?
 
Like the explanation surrounding SAR’s mighty vote is resting on the arguments driven by others. Is it farfetched to think the vote is coming from a safe bussing spot? It’s not like Staggs trying to fight with vissy aggressively.
Let me reacquaint myself with the timing. Truth be told, when I assess interactions of players, I tend to find raw behavioral exchanges more telling than votes.
 
I really wish I could stay for vote close, but I have work in the AM
I feel good about where my vote is
If Barky flips village, well that will suck… but I guess we’ll circle back in the morning if we haven’t eliminated the wolves
 
Two different people just sent me to two separate emails about the same lab meeting on Friday. I'm not sure I am reminded well enough. Could anyone here please remind me of the lab meeting on Friday right now?
JAGGEDJAMESJAYSTAR-ROYCO, YOU HAVE A LAB MEETING ON FRIDAY.
 
I think they're compatible in the technical sense, in that the most "unpairing" material comes from the single day phase I trust the least for analytic conclusions (the day Stagg was voted out). I found their interaction to be quite similar to the Stagg/PSV interaction, especially from the SAR and PSV direction. Stagg was more deliberate in his treatment of SAR than PSV though (Stagg makes concrete reads on SAR and just kinda throws around PSV's name within piles of names without a clear direction).

In a vacuum I think that's worse for PSV. The personality of the mafioso is key though. Do you think Stagg would be more inclined to take concrete stances on his teammate or evade direct discussion if that teammate is somewhat deep?
I think Staggs’ stance on vissy would be the best indicator suggesting the former imo. He wasn’t afraid in assailing his packmate who was under suspicion and even said so directly (see bold/underline in last quote).

My mush brain needs time to go back and reread, but not gonna do that with 38 pages today, but general thoughts...


Vote Vis

Felt like she was throwing shade to see what stuck. Lots of people felt she was sus but backed off because...lots of people noticed she was sus? Plus her flipping would give more info looking back.

I don't mind a Mighty flip and can see the reasoning, but I think a Vis flip provides more info.

@lucy. , where are you? Irl happens, but I don't like the low posting, especially after saying she'd be around. If not becoming more active, may become a policy vote tomorrow...

Also agree that stoat has some wolf leans, but mush brain can't recall why at the moment.

You serious?


Eh, semi-fair. The info would come later, but true of any village flip now. VIS is still at the top of my list right now though.

Tell me about theory .

Like, I seriously dont know what relevant info can you get from a villager being misyeeted.

You think wolves are pushing Vis or what?

Early game there's less info, but you can look back on VCA easier in late game when there's enough movement around ties (unless the leaders today all end up village, but still possible to be helpful). Can look at movement tomorrow though too, which is part of why I moved. More measured movement to build or derail wagons gives more to analyze tomorrow as opposed to just last minute waffles which may or may not be very useful if wolves slip up. Vote tracker can say a lot.

Specifically here, plenty of commentary on VIS being sus but "oh, look how many people find her sus so she's probably village". I'd be interested in looking back on people who said she was sus but didn't vote there or moved off regardless of how she flips.

There I am talking about arguments about the three contenders not playing much on SDN and 'letting them play to D2 at least'.

But I agreed with the SAR post you quoted because you seem to push Vis for a disgreement in a perspective? In which I vibed more with Vis view and didnt fully get why you kinda painted it as a wolfy view from Vis from what it felt like to me tbh

Because she took my statement and twisted the context to mean something completely different, then said I was contradicting myself to throw shade. Notice how she hasn't responded to my statements correcting her mischaracterization of my quotes? Seems like she got caught throwing shade and doesn't want her wagon growing.

You vibed more with her view that is provably incorrect? Which she hasn't tried to argue? What?


Did you miss the parts where I gave my reasons why I thought she was wolfy? Because they're there. She twisted my statements into a false context and when I called her out, didn't respond until I mentioned it a second time. Then doubled down on the shade, which is a big reasons my vote is where it's at. I'm voting there because she's my strongest sketch lean, if I had more solid reasoning for someone else my vote would probably be there.


I already responded to this, read back.
 
If the nearest tally is accurate, it looks like SAR's vote for mighty made it Vis 4, mighty 5, lucy 4. That at face value is a decent thing given lucy was an option. I think to further clarify the scenario though, we should consider the other open votes (mighty, lucy, and Nate had not voted, and two hours remained in the day).

lucy wasn't voting for lucy. mighty ended up voting Stagg (who had voted Vis), so it seems there was a bus-oriented dialogue already in play by that point. Nate's view of lucy might be important to interpret this further, because if mafia didn't think he was likely to vote there then that'd be meaningful. I'll take a quick look.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some rough buckets before I check my pings and get caught up with what's happened since last night.

Feel Okay About - Barky Dubz JJJ Lawpy miranda PSV samac
Neutral (+/-) - AM Clem mighty Santy SAR Vis Zenge
True Neutral / POE - alley genny lucy Stagg stoat

Unpairings
AM/Stagg
Santy/miranda
Dubz/Zenge
JJJ/Vis
This appears to be it from Nate about lucy on Day 1, so mafia probably had no specific reason to think he wasn't voting there.