You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
StardeWW 2: Ginger Island - GAME THREAD
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@Barkley13 ignore me if this is too direct, but can you tell us what you found out about PSV the other night?
Saving for referenceOh I blocked her on the night there were two kills
I don’t think the claim is clearing, and as a general rule any mechanical claim made at LyLo has to be viewed as more uncertain. Creating a mechanical pretzel in the dialogue would kind of be the point for mafia.Yes but i’m feeling conflicted because even following strictly on the mechanical route and assuming PSV/pshelty’s statements are true, it doesn’t add up and it doesn’t rule out her being a wolf. So i’m lost here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Even if “watcher” is accepted, it’s NAI. There is no confirmation at all of a second block. As far as I am concerned it’s not a question of mechanics. It’s a question of belief.
So they were not killed in the same manner? Are we suspecting that Stagg killed Zenge and used an item as well? Or that someone else killed samacSo Staggs likely killed Zenges N2 and the iridium bomb thingy was used to kill samacs the same night.
The bomb thingy appeared to be an extra kill item from the writeupsSo they were not killed in the same manner? Are we suspecting that Stagg killed Zenge and used an item as well? Or that someone else killed samac
Yes, it is difficult to do much with the Barkley block given that Stagg could have delivered both kills. I can't speak for SDN norms, but in my experience that'd be the standard play anyway. Two killers doubles the possibility of getting caught by an investigative role.
I don’t have anything to clear PSV/pshelty then.Even if “watcher” is accepted, it’s NAI. There is no confirmation at all of a second block. As far as I am concerned it’s not a question of mechanics. It’s a question of belief.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Sometimes, you just need to ly lo - Day 7 Tally
miranda ()
PSV (2) - Lawpy, JJJ
JJJ (1) - PSV
Missing: @miranda920
Vote closes TODAY, 3/29, at 9 PM CDT (~9 hours).
miranda ()
PSV (2) - Lawpy, JJJ
JJJ (1) - PSV
Missing: @miranda920
Vote closes TODAY, 3/29, at 9 PM CDT (~9 hours).
SAR started out the previous cycle with thisThe only truly solid village read I have that I think is non-negotiable for me is PSV. Im open to looking anywhere else.
That said, after yesterday I do truly believe that Miranda is village. It's nothing other than tone and how she responded to things yesterday but I do feel quite strongly about it.
Was it you that posted the colour coded tallies yesterday? I think I want to look at them again given Stagg's flip
But then ended with thisIt still just comes back to the D1 tie and I know there's a ton of WIFOM about how that went down but I just don't see wolf!PSV potentially endangering 3 wolves with that move. That said, if Barks flips village then that does become my weakest village argument so I think I overstated my confidence in that read with all the waffling and reevaluating I've been trying to do
Also thisThis is an interesting post from Stagg because everyone mentioned has flipped except PSV and Barks. I feel in a post like this that mentions so much of the roster, high chance a wolf gets mentioned here especially with Stagg deepwolfing.
So I feel good about the direction we are going with Barks and considering PSV tomorrow if we're still here
SAR definitely came around on that read. She might have had a Dubz-like moment of reevaluation.
Also thisSorry guys, Mondays are long and I promised my coworkers to bring a gender reveal cake tomorrow so my whole evening has been cakeing and then my buttercream I made yesterday tried to separate so I'm paddling it into submission.
I still intend to finish my Barks iso but I think the vote being either PSV or Barks today is probably the best case scenario given the reevaluating I've done in the past day cycle.
Lawp and Stagg's interactions really make me feel village. I don't see a world in which it's JJJ or Miranda. So while Barks is currently my top, PSV would be my next day elimination.
That's because you don't want to.I don’t have anything to clear PSV/pshelty then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Then help me out pls. Show me where I’m wrong and you’re village.That's because you don't want to.
JJJ feels like everything is coming from six feet behind him. Like he is speaking through a filter. It's just... off. Again, I can't answer for the deepwolfing. Only he can answer that question, and for obvious reasons, he's not talking.
Lawpy, you can't see how he's been gently nudging you along this entire game like a kid slowly kicking a soccer ball into a net? You're so far in his pocket JJJ's going to start spewing rainbows out of his butt.
Lawpy, you can't see how he's been gently nudging you along this entire game like a kid slowly kicking a soccer ball into a net? You're so far in his pocket JJJ's going to start spewing rainbows out of his butt.
I've tried. What else do you want me to do, exactly?Then help me out pls. Show me where I’m wrong and you’re village.
Ok deepwolfing aside, what is your case that you’re village and your case that Jays is wolfing? Because i spent a lot of time trying to piece out the mechanics and i’m not sure how that shows you’re village. And is there something concrete and concerning about Jays posts besides feels? Because i’m aware i could be pocketed but i don’t know where. You made a case comparing Jays posts here and in Watch game and they look similar even by your admission except you felt Jays here feels off.JJJ feels like everything is coming from six feet behind him. Like he is speaking through a filter. It's just... off. Again, I can't answer for the deepwolfing. Only he can answer that question, and for obvious reasons, he's not talking.
Lawpy, you can't see how he's been gently nudging you along this entire game like a kid slowly kicking a soccer ball into a net? You're so far in his pocket JJJ's going to start spewing rainbows out of his butt.
Like do you think Jays isn’t solving here and is just following my lead by selectively targeting his interaction analyses to give support to my misguided suspicions?
I'm off. I'm fake. I'm inauthentic. I'm gently nudging. These blanket assessments of my play are both vague and untrue. I'm trying my best to solve a challenging game, and right now the solve seems most likely to be you.JJJ feels like everything is coming from six feet behind him. Like he is speaking through a filter. It's just... off. Again, I can't answer for the deepwolfing. Only he can answer that question, and for obvious reasons, he's not talking.
Lawpy, you can't see how he's been gently nudging you along this entire game like a kid slowly kicking a soccer ball into a net? You're so far in his pocket JJJ's going to start spewing rainbows out of his butt.
What is your case that you’re village? Because i saw it’s mechanics + Staggs vote. Is there something else?I've tried. What else do you want me to do, exactly?
What is my case that I'm village?? I don't need a case lol. I have a role PM.Ok deepwolfing aside, what is your case that you’re village and your case that Jays is wolfing? Because i spent a lot of time trying to piece out the mechanics and i’m not sure how that shows you’re village. And is there something concrete and concerning about Jays posts besides feels? Because i’m aware i could be pocketed but i don’t know where. You made a case comparing Jays posts here and in Watch game and they look similar even by your admission except you felt Jays here feels off.
Again, I've stated it multiple times. There is no specific thing I can point to and say "hey, JJJ is totally a wolf!" by process of elimination that is the only thing that makes any sense whatsoever.
pshelty pls i just need to know your defenseWhat is my case that I'm village?? I don't need a case lol. I have a role PM.
Again, I've stated it multiple times. There is no specific thing I can point to and say "hey, JJJ is totally a wolf!" by process of elimination that is the only thing that makes any sense whatsoever.
My current POE is Santy, Clem, Stagg, lucy, alley, and PSV.
I’d swap PSV and Stagg, with Clem and Barks.
Waiting on AM’s Lawpy read.
Village:
Dubz
Zenge
SAR
JJJ
alley
Lawpy
Lean cause santy:
Clem
lucy
Null
genny
Stagg
miranda
PSV
POE
Nate
Barks
I feel pretty good about alley but maybe something different happened N1.
Jay town dubz town lucy town
So I kinda just want to kill lawpy barky alley in the reverse order and see what happens
Trying to find consolidated reads of some kind for the early game night kills. They may not all be the most recent reads, since they didn't always list people in this organized way. PSV had some support from Zenge with a caveat. Otherwise she was a middling read or worse.
Though technically that Zenge post in the spoiler is in response to a Dubz reads list, which was presented most-to-least suspicious. So Zenge's "swap" would place PSV in a more suspicious slot (within the same tier).
Their views of miranda seemed to be slightly more positive overall (or less negative). Only Clem was anti-Lawpy.
My defense.pshelty pls i just need to know your defense
Okay well mighty was a long lost cause so making a tie between him and vis is risky. Hopping on him would've been a better move.
Vis was a sinking ship but Stagg didn't have to be. Could've worked to preserve the single packmates still alive by pushing you, Miranda, idk who else was still alive at that point.
Leaving Dubz alive til endgame was pretty effective for me last time.
Zero reason to keep you alive. You've been sussing me forever. I wouldn't want you here. You're dead long before SAR or Dubz even.
Clem's dying as soon as he makes the yo mama joke.
I don't like making predictable NKs. I like letting people play. Killing samac and Zenge early followed by AM is about as predictable as it gets.
I voiced excitement to play with samac again. Winning is less important to me than everyone getting to play and have fun-- see me leaving Zenge alone in WWildzoo. I wouldn't have killed samac until at least N3, and it irritates me that she died when she did. Zenge too.
Waffling on vis is useless. Commit to a village read on your packmate or commit to bussing.
I don't like making predictable NKs. I like letting people play. Killing samac and Zenge early followed by AM is about as predictable as it gets.
I voiced excitement to play with samac again. Winning is less important to me than everyone getting to play and have fun-- see me leaving Zenge alone in WWildzoo. I wouldn't have killed samac until at least N3, and it irritates me that she died when she did. Zenge too.
Waffling on vis is useless. Commit to a village read on your packmate or commit to bussing.
I am increasingly inclined to believe PSV is the wolf. I really do admire the hustle, but I don't think the defenses apply without significant wifom, and her overall treatment of this LyLo phase (hammering away at me regardless of evidence or argument while locking everyone else quite quickly) does not reconcile with a town mindset in a very confusing game and difficult situation.
I'll still be teaching this evening, but I'll be around over the last couple of hours or so once I finish
I'll still be teaching this evening, but I'll be around over the last couple of hours or so once I finish
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To you, it's WIFOM. Lawpy KNOWS me. He's wolfed with me. He's villaged with me. He knows what I'm saying is true.I am increasingly inclined to believe PSV is the wolf. I really do admire the hustle, but I don't think the defenses apply without significant wifom, and her overall treatment of this LyLo phase (hammering away at me regardless of evidence or argument while locking everyone else quite quickly) does not reconcile with a town mindset in a very confusing game and difficult situation.
I'll still be teaching this evening, but I'll be around over the last couple of hours or so once I finish
You've been quiet, @miranda920. This isn't shyLo. What's up?
You kept me alive in Bowling and Literary Fiction thoughZero reason to keep you alive. You've been sussing me forever. I wouldn't want you here. You're dead long before SAR or Dubz even.
Well, first of all, those games were both a year or more ago. I can't remember whether you were wolfreading me.You kept me alive in Bowling and Literary Fiction though
Second, I was a noob in Bowwling and we were all losing our minds in Lit.
Third, I made a whole lot of points. That's the only one you're going to respond to?
No i’m going to address the rest but these 2 are important because i don’t know what other games i played with wolf!youWell, first of all, those games were both a year or more ago. I can't remember whether you were wolfreading me.
Second, I was a noob in Bowwling and we were all losing our minds in Lit.
Third, I made a whole lot of points. That's the only one you're going to respond to?
Hi I’m currently vet tech Miranda and my day has not been puppies and kittens ☹️You've been quiet, @miranda920. This isn't shyLo. What's up?
I’m heading home in the next hour
Does this mesh with the claim that you'd have killed Lawpy?I don't like making predictable NKs. I like letting people play.
From Watch gameI haven't invoked player salad in a while since it's pretty much dead on The Syndicate, but I doubt anyone has brought it here. So. Player salad!
Truey was village in that game though
Good old player salad! That one was like the prototype version too, but it seems it didn't work that time.From Watch game
I feel if Jays is a wolf here, i’d expect a powerwolf not a deepwolf
Because a wolf!Jays in powerwolf style would aim to take a more democratic leader type of role here by trying to crowd source opinions and directing village to their doom.
I certainly prefer the "powerwolf" mode. Coordinating with pack mates and working together might be the only thing that prevents being mafia-aligned from being so miserable that I never play at all.
HmmWhile I am not a “never busser”, I do think it’s bad and overdone and also hate playing in opposition to my own team in any alignment. Teamwork is the whole reason I even enjoy playing this game.
I’m not sure what you mean hereThis appears to be it from Nate about lucy on Day 1, so mafia probably had no specific reason to think he wasn't voting there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why the switch?unvote PSV
vote Barky
I’m not sure if you followed up on this deep dive at the time. Hold plsThe Barky/Stagg interaction definitely needs a deep dive. It was a "light green" in my previous interaction chart, suggesting a sort of low confidence dissociation. We raise the bar at this stage of play, and so I will take another look and probably provide a more thorough review for everyone to take in.
I've been playing for a long time, so there are few things I have never done. But I do have strong preferences against bussing though.
Currently reviewing JJJ’s posts because I don’t remember why he was eliminated from the POE
so far I see it was 2 votes each for mighty, vis, and Lucy and he broke it toward mighty but I’m not seeing it as clearing anymore? Because who knows what the conversations were in wolf chat and if/when they decided bussing was the way to go
But I will keep reading
This was in response to barky’s questioning of jaysI'd be interested to know how you feel about my interactions with Viscernable.
First mention of stagg I’ve found, NAI
I believe this was in response to vis commenting about JJJ asked questions. The interaction could be seen as distancing so still NAI
…I don’t remember what this was referring to
This was an interesting post but could be an attempt at distancing
Mighty mention, NAI
Vis mention, NAI
and then unless I’m missing posts, this vote seemed to come out of nowhere
Mighty’s posts, but no comments on it yet
Asking questions about mighty, NAI
A hedgy view on stagg based on interactions with mighty
A more favorable view on stagg based on interactions with vis
Which fair because pushing for a vis info yeet was a little odd but doesn’t exactly give JJJ any more village points
Linked the game that had been referenced about stagg’s bussing but does have the caveat of “it was quite a long time ago”
Very sudden vote on stagg. Again, unless I missed something then I didn’t see any suspicions leading up to this
Stagg mention coming after the vote
And then explanation for the stagg vote
With regard to Barky's comments:
Some credit for my votes for mighty and Stagg in this game is owed to both samac and Dubz respectively. samac was my top town read throughout the Day 0/1 period, and when she went after mighty that influenced me a lot. When I looked through mighty's posts myself, I found the one that I highlighted that was a big ping (handing samac "village points" for an analysis that he was intent to refute point-by-point struck me as incongruent). So that moment, combined with a healthy amount of samac sheeping, is what put my vote on mighty.
Then it was Dubz' post in the night phase prior to Stagg's elimination. Immediately after voting for Stagg I said this:
because that post was an important mindset-mover for me. She deserves a lot of credit for that, and she went down with a bang. To be clear, it's the same post Barkley referenced a moment ago. When I thought over that and considered the compatibility dynamics I was analyzing all day, in addition to what I was hearing from genny, I decided Stagg was a better vote than miranda.
Further response from jays to barky’s case on him + jays post on looking into staggs interactionsI have a moment, so I am going to look into some Stagg interactions more thoroughly.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 6K