StardeWW 2: Ginger Island - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeet alley
With stuff pointed out I agree Stagg would be a strange partner to mighty and vis. Alley's bodyguarding makes zero sense to me but ignoring that she has felt quite wolfy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeet alley
With stuff pointed out I agree Stagg would be a strange partner to mighty and vis. Alley's bodyguarding makes zero sense to me but ignoring that she has felt quite wolfy.

Yeah I feel like we're getting to the point where everyone has some level of village points and I'm going to put more stock in things on thread like pushes and votes than I am abilities and what does or does not make sense to be village

Especially when I love to make games where I find all the most village roles and give them to wolves, who then try to use them in the most village ways
 
Yeah I feel like we're getting to the point where everyone has some level of village points and I'm going to put more stock in things on thread like pushes and votes than I am abilities and what does or does not make sense to be village

Especially when I love to make games where I find all the most village roles and give them to wolves, who then try to use them in the most village ways
Agree. What's tripping me up is we've been assuming samac was targeted N1 for an NK and therefore a wolf bodyguard protecting her would be stupid because the bodyguard would be killed instead, but samac outright said I believe she never got any notification of being attacked so... It almost seems there wasn't ANY NK attempt N1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I feel like we're getting to the point where everyone has some level of village points and I'm going to put more stock in things on thread like pushes and votes than I am abilities and what does or does not make sense to be village

Especially when I love to make games where I find all the most village roles and give them to wolves, who then try to use them in the most village ways
Oh, Canada...
 
Agree. What's tripping me up is we've been assuming samac was targeted N1 for an NK and therefore a wolf bodyguard protecting her would be stupid because the bodyguard would be killed instead, but samac outright said I believe she never got any notification of being attacked so... It almost seems there wasn't ANY NK attempt N1.
bold GIF
 
Indeed, as I think through the game, my perspectives are almost entirely behavioral and not mechanical at this point. If something is completely conclusive then sure, but trying to make inferences about what might have happened given X seems problematic.
 
Interactions of Viscernable and miranda920

From Vis about miranda

You know what, of those three I think miranda is the best for an easier read. I misread her towards the end of pawwsta as did some others but a lot of people in that game read her correctly, and otherwise I think she has a record of being pretty correctly-read. Plus new majors are fun

Unvote psv
Vote miranda

No I get that but I really don’t think we have any “easy reads” in this game. I’d say miranda, alley, and me are the closest to it.

Okay I haven’t ISOed miranda but this post is kinda sketch

You did, yes, but village overall wasn’t really hot on her tail, as far as I recall, until we had it down to being her through POE. Admittedly I’m biased because I feel like I’m bad at reading her, so it’s possible I’m the outlier.

For miranda in Pasta, I will check who was village reading her if I have time tomorrow (keeping up with thread and trying to reread what I can of this thread takes priority). I don’t have the patience to read old games but I can make an exception for family.

miranda sounds villagey


Green - Vis promoted miranda for mayor on Day 0. Both mafia did. To this point I have viewed that as one too many layers of wifom to safely navigate. We're at a point though where it should be confronted. The vote alone is less meaningful than the rationale, which could be called "generous". I have gathered that miranda is a relatively new player, so I'm not sure she has played enough for anyone to have a "record" of reading her either way.

Red - This post was tossed into the mayoral dialogue about miranda, almost as a sort of obligatory "I said things about miranda both ways" throwaway comment. Vis did nothing with this and left their vote on miranda for mayor.

From miranda about Vis

Okay, I have napped and am semi functional

I do think it’s interesting that Vis advocated for me as mayor, but then thought something I said was “sketchy” and didn’t change her vote.
The comment she brought up was one where I admittedly was frustrated with Santy pushing me and in my feels.


Santy always reads wolf to me

4. @Viscernable - honestly not sure, I definitely see points as to why vis could be wolf, but I see village points too. neutral

Between vis and lucy I feel better about this

yeet lucy

So the thing about mighty is... I have trouble reading him

Our noob game I wolf read him right out the gate, but he was village at the time. He ended up being converted to wolf later and still maintained the same persona.

I'd feel better about a mighty yeet over vis ATM

@Zenge142 @Animal Midwife @WildZoo @potentialsheltervet

Sorry if you've already answered, but how do you feel about Vis after the mighty flip?


Green - miranda made the same general point I just did, which is decent. I don't think there was much follow-up on this.

Red - These two bits are a little concerning at face value. The first one is classically waffled, and it's the "definitely" in that sentence that pings me now. The second one is just a lucy vote when presented with a "choice" between her and Vis. So oops.

Conclusion

I can't dissociate miranda from Vis on this basis, and there are some concerns too. I wouldn't have to stretch much to make the case that they're compatible.
 
Note: the prevailing assumption about "ties kill everyone" is that everyone in the tie and the tie-maker are exploded. Is this correct? Basically my whole PSV read is focused on this assumption, and I want to be sure. I am also considering an alternative explanation, but first lemme be sure I understand the general perspective.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe a wolf!Staggs panicked when Nates and Santy quickly shifted to him, then probably prodded mighty to vote him so that he and vissy could shift the votes back to mighty to justify the self prez?
hmmmm is this something wolf!stagg would do?
 
I think a lot of my issue with getting an objective read on Miranda is I'm a big softy and there's a lot of ATE going on in these early pages. It does still read authentic to me though.

On the other hand I don't think I'm seeing quite the level of tonal difference from FE that I picked up on in PaWWsta.
In FE she was a wolf but in Pasta she was village, right?
 
Note: the prevailing assumption about "ties kill everyone" is that everyone in the tie and the tie-maker are exploded. Is this correct? Basically my whole PSV read is focused on this assumption, and I want to be sure. I am also considering an alternative explanation, but first lemme be sure I understand the general perspective.
It hasn't exactly been spelled out so idk if we can be 100% sure. But that seems to be the general assumption so unless wolves were for some reason told exactly how a tie would work, I would think they would be under the same impression.
 
Interactions of Viscernable and miranda920

From Vis about miranda


Green - Vis promoted miranda for mayor on Day 0. Both mafia did. To this point I have viewed that as one too many layers of wifom to safely navigate. We're at a point though where it should be confronted. The vote alone is less meaningful than the rationale, which could be called "generous". I have gathered that miranda is a relatively new player, so I'm not sure she has played enough for anyone to have a "record" of reading her either way.

Red - This post was tossed into the mayoral dialogue about miranda, almost as a sort of obligatory "I said things about miranda both ways" throwaway comment. Vis did nothing with this and left their vote on miranda for mayor.

From miranda about Vis


Green - miranda made the same general point I just did, which is decent. I don't think there was much follow-up on this.

Red - These two bits are a little concerning at face value. The first one is classically waffled, and it's the "definitely" in that sentence that pings me now. The second one is just a lucy vote when presented with a "choice" between her and Vis. So oops.

Conclusion

I can't dissociate miranda from Vis on this basis, and there are some concerns too. I wouldn't have to stretch much to make the case that they're compatible.
There were some other posts too, that I think came during night 1. I will see if I can find them.
 
I'm confused about the confusion of the question and I think it's actually legit. If Alley is bodyguard and was stabbed, it seems really weird to me that she's still alive. I don't think Miranda's questions is as fishy as the fact that the bodyguard is claiming to both be stabbed and still alive. Side eyeing Alley hard here.
The sword was an item available in the shop. It did not kill me but it did injure me and impact me. Whoever used it knows what it did to me. Regardless, it did not kill me and I was not stabbed while bodyguarding. The way my night results are written, they are completely separate events.
 
It hasn't exactly been spelled out so idk if we can be 100% sure. But that seems to be the general assumption so unless wolves were for some reason told exactly how a tie would work, I would think they would be under the same impression.
Cool beans thanks

So PSV's tie vote came I believe two minutes prior to the deadline, leaving time for the tie to be broken. The tie could still be re-made, which means the risk is still a real one if PSV is teamed with mighty and Vis. That would perhaps, however, remove the prospect of PSV also dying as the "tie maker", because it'd imply that in some last-minute voting flurry some other sucker ended up the tie-maker.

Just something I am chewing on
 
This feels like fishing. Yes, it was alluded to and is open now, but more things I'm not liking from Alley.
I was hoping for a reason to clear her or at the very least lean her village and remove from the POE. She heavily hinted at it so I thought it would be fair game. I had already figured out that Barks did something to her (which barks confirmed on thread) and wanted to connect the dots to her previous statement.
 
Would be much appreciated
Okay this actually involved the post you pulled and had in red. For context though, related to your comment on it, Vis made that post after vote had already closed, as she stated after miranda made the same point about her still voting her for mayor

Can we just have a nice mayoral election? We aren’t teething anyone today anyway!

Can I not form opinions independently without voicing every thought?

Okay I haven’t ISOed miranda but this post is kinda sketch

I do think it’s interesting that Vis advocated for me as mayor, but then thought something I said was “sketchy” and didn’t change her vote.
The comment she brought up was one where I admittedly was frustrated with Santy pushing me and in my feels.

It’s weird I didn’t change my vote after vote close. Lmao okay.

Lol whoops didn’t realize that was after vote close, oversight on my behalf. My apologies

I didn’t get to read anything that really happened from 9pm until I got home around midnight, so I didn’t really have a good sense of time and you know exhaustion :dead:

Idk if that changes anything for you.


Edit: my reading comprehension is bad lol but in any case it is indeed the follow up to what you had already posted
 
Last edited:
Cool beans thanks

So PSV's tie vote came I believe two minutes prior to the deadline, leaving time for the tie to be broken. The tie could still be re-made, which means the risk is still a real one if PSV is teamed with mighty and Vis. That would perhaps, however, remove the prospect of PSV also dying as the "tie maker", because it'd imply that in some last-minute voting flurry some other sucker ended up the tie-maker.

Just something I am chewing on
Okay I had this exact same thought at...some point
I don't remember when
I didn't post it because it wasn't a complete thought and I was still kinda like "Wow that's...a lot"
But you're not alone in the thought occurring at least.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Idk if that changes anything for you.
It lends context, so thanks! From a purely behavioral perspective, I think it's the same from Vis' viewpoint. The negative comment about miranda is still token either way. However, from miranda's perspective we can wonder about whether they were coordinating mayoral things if miranda missed the timing on review as I did. And Vis responding with the "lmao" is a little much, in a way that feels discrediting (which would a decent thing for miranda's sake).