-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Fwiw I expect 3-4 villagers at least. If you're assuming 3 cultists + 2 wolves we'd be at wolf wincon.I honestly have no idea what to do, I'm terrified and feel like I'm surrounded
Like, is it preferable to side with the wolves and try and work with them to hunt out the cult leader? But then the wolves win in most scenarios. If the cult leader dies, do the cultists revert? Do they get a new leader? How does converting wolves work?
The night there was a double kill, did that have something to do with the cult? Why would the cult need a double kill, they're already so powerful!
Maybe they can only convert every other night, and there are only two cultists right now (leader + 1 recruit)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bby are you okayI just realized this game has been so weirdly quiet BECAUSE ALL OF YOU WERE LAUGHING IN WOLFCHAT AND CULTCHAT
ADFLAKDF;LAJSDKFJLSA
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
We wouldn't; the wolf wincon is to be half of players, I believe. They can lose to the cultists just like we can.Fwiw I expect 3-4 villagers at least. If you're assuming 3 cultists + 2 wolves we'd be at wolf wincon.
They can but I think the cultists also have a parity wincon. Good question for vets or modsWe wouldn't; the wolf wincon is to be half of players, I believe. They can lose to the cultists just like we can.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Assuming a Cult conversion every other night and only one wolf left, we could have at very most 4 villagers, yes. Okay. I'm going to try and be calm.Fwiw I expect 3-4 villagers at least. If you're assuming 3 cultists + 2 wolves we'd be at wolf wincon.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I'm really malding at how clever the moddesses were with this because the whole thing with Stardew Valley is that there's an evil corporation moving in and taking over and you have to fight for the "village" to support it and it fits so well with cults, but I just assumed that the wolves would all be flavor-aligned with the corporation. So obvious in retrospect, it fits so well
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
StopI want to yeet dubz again.
StopI love Dubz but her positive and helpful energy along with voting record mean nothing if she's been a cheerful, wholesome CULT LEADER this entire time 😢
My positive and helpful energy is NAI.
I would have recruited sporty.
The end.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
True did all the scenario maths which is the only kind of math I enjoy. So i am going to evaluate it.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Key note: These are only scenarios considering a 1 conversion per night rate, and I have absolutely no clue how converting wolves works.True did all the scenario maths which is the only kind of math I enjoy. So i am going to evaluate it.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Amazing how many times I tell people that my games cannot be solved this way and yet no one ever listens 🤔I just assumed that the wolves would all be flavor-aligned with the corporation.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Also holy monkeys I do I owe an apology to @BobLoblaw78 (but also why did you have to be so sketchy, we needed you T>T)
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
If you're faking this village energy I'm impressed lolLet's math this out.
Okay, the Wolves can't convert. Period. I'm deciding this, because the game is unwinnable if they can, so I'm proceeding with the assumption that they can't. (Also, hey guys, truce? Like, for just a few nights? Can we truce?)
Given the starting size of the game, we reasonably could have had 2 or 3 wolves (based on what I'm reading in forums (glad my boss can't see this)). Because there's a powerful 3P I'm inclined to guess fewer wolves, but I really have no clue and would love advice (except ALL YOUR ADVICE IS TAINTED BECAUSE I'M SURROUNDED BY WOLVES AND CULTISTS). We got one, so there are now 1 or 2 wolves remaining. (And they saved our asses, thank you fell beasts).
Okay, if the Cult Leader can convert every night, there are 1+3-1= 3 Cultists including the Leader.
There are currently 7 players left. That means that worst case scenario there could be 2 villagers left, in which case you're all laughing at this writeup in Wolfchat and Cultchat. Speaking of which, I finally got a PM! With Stoaty (big shock). Going to be really "funny" if we're the last two villagers.
Question 1: Can the Cult Leader convert wolves? We know that there's still one wolf left at least, unless the wolf kill resolved and then the last wolf was converted, but that's a headache. How does the action/ability stack work in this game?
Game scenarios moving forward for everyone's information, from best to worst:
Scenario 1: We yeet the Cult Leader and the wolves eat a Cultist; there is no conversion. 5 Players left on D5, 1-2 Wolves, 1 Cultist, 2-3 Villagers. Village has a narrow chance of winning.
Scenario 2: If there's 1 wolf left, then we could yeet a Cultist and they eat a Cultist, then the Cultists convert the last wolf. D5 there are 2 Cultists and 3 Villagers. We'd have to then exactly pick the cult leader.
Scenario 3: We yeet the last wolf, the cultists convert one of us (assuming 3 Villagers. Cultists win.
Scenarios 4-5: We yeet a villager. Doesn't matter what else happens, either wolves or cultists will inevitably win (especially if there are only 2 villagers left).
Agree starting wolf pack more likely 2 with the existence of the cult. Does depend a bit on cult recruitment rate but 4 non-village in a 14 is already almost 30% non-village, which feels high given that a single recruitment would flip it to 35%. So likely one wolf remaining.
A bit hinges too on what you asked on whether the cult is even able to recruit a wolf, which is usually not possible (see the mafiascum wiki page i posted earlier).
We need to yeet the cult leader or a cultist today, unless they couldn't recruit nightly or had failed recruitments.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True pls. Dubz always acts helpful.I love Dubz but her positive and helpful energy along with voting record mean nothing if she's been a cheerful, wholesome CULT LEADER this entire time 😢
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I’m windmilling wildly between “those posts were villagey” and “I can never trust dubz”. We’re apparently on the downswing again.Stop
Leading villagers into the mouths of wolves is not helpful, Dubbie.acts
🙁
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
The conversion protector died N1, but jailing should also protect against conversion, right? Or prevent it if the Cult Leader is the one being jailed.If you're faking this village energy I'm impressed lol
Agree starting wolf pack more likely 2 with the existence of the cult. Does depend a bit on cult recruitment rate but 4 non-village in a 14 is already almost 30% non-village, which feels high given that a single recruitment would flip it to 35%. So likely one wolf remaining.
A bit hinges too on what you asked on whether the cult is even able to recruit a wolf, which is usually not possible (see the mafiascum wiki page i posted earlier).
We need to yeet the cult leader or a cultist today, unless they couldn't recruit nightly or had failed recruitments.
So we have a chance. The game is winnable with tight play (and I'm really holding out hope that at least one of the remaining villagers has a PR better than mine)
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
This is an unfortunate time for paranoiaI’m windmilling wildly between “those posts were villagey” and “I can never trust dubz”. We’re apparently on the downswing again.
I only do that sometimes!Leading villagers into the mouths of wolves is not helpful, Dubbie.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
This is exactly the time for paranoiaThis is an unfortunate time for paranoia
I only do that sometimes!
yeet everyone but me
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Theoretically yes but jailer died d1 and we don't know when exactly cubs acquired the ability. So potential for n1 jailing if he did get it then and got really lucky.The conversion protector died N1, but jailing should also protect against conversion, right? Or prevent it if the Cult Leader is the one being jailed.
So we have a chance. The game is winnable with tight play (and I'm really holding out hope that at least one of the remaining villagers has a PR better than mine)
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I was not prepared to have to deal with MarVoLo levels of panic today 💩
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Watch says my heartrate is 89 and I'm sitting in a chair 😀I was not prepared to have to deal with MarVoLo levels of panic today 💩
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Best case scenario there's just the cult leader and 1 wolf
Worst case scenario IMO there's 3 cult and 1 wolf
So we're at 3-5 villagers
True may have already said that, I'm just thinking out loud
Worst case scenario IMO there's 3 cult and 1 wolf
So we're at 3-5 villagers
True may have already said that, I'm just thinking out loud
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm at 96, get rekkedWatch says my heartrate is 89 and I'm sitting in a chair 😀
I'm going to look at AM's confident villagers and discard focus on Dubz for now.I guess the core question for today is,
Do we prioritize finding the wolf, or the cult leader?
I think the answer is "cult leader" but I have no clue how to do that.
Barkley for wolfly, Sporty or you or Genny for cult (absent an ISO or any real thinking)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
If I'm trying to get into the brain of the Cult Leader, I would think AM was recruited before kdswg flipped. You wouldn't want to recruit someone who was so clear that they were likely to get nightkilled soon.
UNLESS the Cult Leader is barks in which case that might have been a recruitment to get AM off of her case.
UNLESS the Cult Leader is barks in which case that might have been a recruitment to get AM off of her case.
Would AM list Barks as her next priority after Bob if she was a cultist and Barks the leader? Seems a little unlike her to work against her winconIf I'm trying to get into the brain of the Cult Leader, I would think AM was recruited before kdswg flipped. You wouldn't want to recruit someone who was so clear that they were likely to get nightkilled soon.
UNLESS the Cult Leader is barks in which case that might have been a recruitment to get AM off of her case.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I don't think AM was fully off the Barkswagon, though? Going to have to do an ISO on AM this evening, I think her posts are going to be the crux of this.If I'm trying to get into the brain of the Cult Leader, I would think AM was recruited before kdswg flipped. You wouldn't want to recruit someone who was so clear that they were likely to get nightkilled soon.
UNLESS the Cult Leader is barks in which case that might have been a recruitment to get AM off of her case.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I was about to say I'd need to go back and see if AM backed off on barks at all.Would AM list Barks as her next priority after Bob if she was a cultist and Barks the leader? Seems a little unlike her to work against her wincon
But also not sure about order of ops and whether it would have been possible for AM to be recruited last night, and then died. Believe that happened in shorty's noob game too.
I can accept her wolf hunting as genuine-ish because it benefits her new alignment.
I am less sure that her village pool is the same.
I think people who were less active on the thread would be worth reviewing. Yesterday felt like a me-True-AM fest with later Sporty and Dubz appearances
I am less sure that her village pool is the same.
I think people who were less active on the thread would be worth reviewing. Yesterday felt like a me-True-AM fest with later Sporty and Dubz appearances
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think I need to read the writeups again
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Would AM list Barks as her next priority after Bob if she was a cultist and Barks the leader? Seems a little unlike her to work against her wincon
The thought occurs to me that she could have been setting herself up to "change her mind," but that's vaguely bus-ish, right? Don't want to think AM would do that. I have a hard time seeing Barks being the cult leader given her focus.I don't think AM was fully off the Barkswagon, though? Going to have to do an ISO on AM this evening, I think her posts are going to be the crux of this.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'll put my foot down on that. Activity level is NAI and I don't see why a Cult Leader, who needs to hunt wolves too, would be less active than anyone else anyway.I can accept her wolf hunting as genuine-ish because it benefits her new alignment.
I am less sure that her village pool is the same.
I think people who were less active on the thread would be worth reviewing. Yesterday felt like a me-True-AM fest with later Sporty and Dubz appearances
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It would also look really weird for her to suddenly be like "jk barks is village"The thought occurs to me that she could have been setting herself up to "change her mind," but that's vaguely bus-ish, right? Don't want to think AM would do that. I have a hard time seeing Barks being the cult leader given her focus.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
If AM was recruited prior to kdswg flip it could be literally anyone, if after I'd see it as mostly likely Barks. But I also still had barks as likely wolf and so that makes it complicated...
This focus on mechanics probably has AM rolling in her grave and I think that’s funny given that it’s about her.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I mean, what else are we supposed to do? Mechanics feel extremely important right now and the thread is generally a graveyard so we don't have much to work with.This focus on mechanics probably has AM rolling in her grave and I think that’s funny given that it’s about her.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7 players
These are all predicated on one remaining wolf. Again, 3 wolves and a Cult Leader seems unlikely to me for a game this size, so I'm not considering it. Also leaning towards looking at worst case scenarios, of course there are others where the wolves kill the cult leader/cultist or recruitment fails or whatever.
Some things also depend on what happens to the Cultists if the Cult Leader dies...
I think these are correct.
These are all predicated on one remaining wolf. Again, 3 wolves and a Cult Leader seems unlikely to me for a game this size, so I'm not considering it. Also leaning towards looking at worst case scenarios, of course there are others where the wolves kill the cult leader/cultist or recruitment fails or whatever.
If we misyeet, 4:1:1, risks losing a villager to wolf kill and to recruitment, making it 2:1:2 tomorrow, which is a fun situation because idk if wolf wincon necessitates getting rid of the Cult or just reaching parity with village.
If we yeet the wolf, then it would be potentially 4:2 tomorrow with successful recruitment.
If we yeet the Cult Leader, 4:1 tomorrow.
So in this scenario, we have some breathing room.
If we yeet the wolf, then it would be potentially 4:2 tomorrow with successful recruitment.
If we yeet the Cult Leader, 4:1 tomorrow.
So in this scenario, we have some breathing room.
If we misyeet, a villager dies overnight, and another is recruited, 2:1:3 and cult wins
If we yeet the wolf and recruitment is successful, 3:3 and cult wins
If we yeet the Cult Leader and a villager dies overnight, 2:1:1 tomorrow or...something, idk what would happen to the Cultist
If we yeet the Cultist, a villager dies overnight, and successful recruitment, 2:1:2 tomorrow which is the same as scenario 1a
If we yeet the wolf and recruitment is successful, 3:3 and cult wins
If we yeet the Cult Leader and a villager dies overnight, 2:1:1 tomorrow or...something, idk what would happen to the Cultist
If we yeet the Cultist, a villager dies overnight, and successful recruitment, 2:1:2 tomorrow which is the same as scenario 1a
If we misyeet, Cult wins
If we yeet the wolf, Cult wins
If we yeet the Cult Leader and a villager dies overnight, 2:1:2 tomorrow, which is the same as scenario 1a.
If we yeet a Cultist, a villager dies overnight, and successful recruitment, 2:1:3, Cult wins.
If we yeet the wolf, Cult wins
If we yeet the Cult Leader and a villager dies overnight, 2:1:2 tomorrow, which is the same as scenario 1a.
If we yeet a Cultist, a villager dies overnight, and successful recruitment, 2:1:3, Cult wins.
Some things also depend on what happens to the Cultists if the Cult Leader dies...
I think these are correct.
Last edited:
All y’all noobs keep taking my commentary as criticism.I mean, what else are we supposed to do? Mechanics feel extremely important right now and the thread is generally a graveyard so we don't have much to work with.
The vets know I love a good mechanic talk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Lol already caught some math errors and edited
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think based on math worst-case scenario means we have to yeet the Cult Leader today to have a shot, middle case we can yeet the Cult Leader or a Cultist, best case we should probably just...not...misyeet...
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Pretty sure if we misyeet it's over, yeah, unless there are powers at work that can fix things or give us an edge.I think based on math worst-case scenario means we have to yeet the Cult Leader today to have a shot, middle case we can yeet the Cult Leader or a Cultist, best case we should probably just...not...misyeet...
When it comes to looking for cultists, votes are not tremendously helpful, right?
I would imagine that it's not. If they can't convert wolf faction then they would want to yeet wolvesPretty sure if we misyeet it's over, yeah, unless there are powers at work that can fix things or give us an edge.
When it comes to looking for cultists, votes are not tremendously helpful, right?
Is there evidence that cult can’t convert wolves, or is this speculation?I would imagine that it's not. If they can't convert wolf faction then they would want to yeet wolves
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 7K