Step 2CS December 2019 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgarvels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on December 11th? 13 weeks is just way too long.

Members don't see this ad.

OK ppl. We need to unionize as medical students.

The NBME has too much power over us, and they will continue to **** us over. Theyre already implementing new changes to CK starting in May, and we have no choice but to follow. We should demand a seat at the table.

Step 2 CS is bad enough, and we should try to get rid of it. But imagine, what the NBME will do in the next 10, 20 years if they continue to have their way with us.

We feel like we have no power, because we have learned helplessness. In fact, we have tons of power, as residencies need us to graduate and work for them.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IMG here. Permit never disappeared, took it 10/28 in LA, shows PASS on fcvs( 2nd attempt)

Reactions: 3 users
So either they patched it for AMGs...or the print permit trick is misleading. I can't see "print permit" anymore, but FCVS is blank for me...AMG.

good morning to everyone except the National Board of Medical Examiners.

I’m thinking it must’ve been patched for AMGs... everyone who’s received their score, as far as we can tell, has had their permit disappear and is an IMG. Why would some of our permits disappear despite still having eligibility left and others not? Ugh

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ugh woke up to this, FSMB shows nothing, AMG, permit has been gone. I don't want to find out my results while im IN clinic but I physically need to know so I feel like I'll open regardless and cry when I fail haha ugh ugh ugh

--> edit: I got it today, I passed :)

Last edited:
Anyone know if we get an email about scores like step 1 and ck? Cause for those my email came around 7 am est...informing me that my score would appear at 11 est. So far nothing about my CS score..which makes me feel like I'll probably have to wait another week. Meh.

Still nothing on my end. I’m pretty upset about this.

Has any AMG gotten their score via FCVS or an email for this cycle?

For what it’s worth I checked when I got the email for CK/Step 1 and in the past it’s always been at like 11am - 1pm. AMG here btw.

They shouldn’t be allowed to do this to us. It’s ridiculous. 13 weeks of waiting will now be 14 weeks. I’m super pissed.

Also, if you don’t get your score but those took the test after you did is absolute BS

Reactions: 1 users
I called NBME who said I should be getting my score today. She said they may be staggering the initial notification emails which is why I haven’t gotten one. Test date was 9/10. AMG. We shall see.

I don't think any result is coming today if fcvs didn't show up the result last night.
People with a visible fcvs result status have already started getting their mails.