Still waiting for UCLA, USC, and Loma Linda...:-(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pure0401

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to UCLA, USC (univ. of southern cali, not univ. of south carolina;)), and Loma Linda University medical schools last June - AMCAS. For the last two schools I have finished my secondary and submitted LORs in September, I still haven't been asked for an interview:( I know that a probable reason for this delay may be due to the fact that my MCAT scores didn't come out till mid October because I took the MCAT in August. (I submitted my UCLA secondary essays and LORs in the first week of January soon after they were requested)

I have heard people say that California schools tend to be late in responding to their applicants, but I have to admit that I'm getting a little worried about if I'm going to be interviewed at all... Does anyone have experience similar to mine with the above schools or know anything about this? Also, if you don't get interviewed at all, does it mean that you won't get accepted or the admission committee didn't think it necessary? Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

No news from UCLA yet..I submitted the UCLA secondary in December though...even UCSD was faster than them...and I submitted it in mid January.

I applied to UCLA, USC (univ. of southern cali, not univ. of south carolina;)), and Loma Linda University medical schools last June - AMCAS. For the last two schools I have finished my secondary and submitted LORs in September, I still haven't been asked for an interview:( I know that a probable reason for this delay may be due to the fact that my MCAT scores didn't come out till mid October because I took the MCAT in August. (I submitted my UCLA secondary essays and LORs in the first week of January soon after they were requested)

I have heard people say that California schools tend to be late in responding to their applicants, but I have to admit that I'm getting a little worried about if I'm going to be interviewed at all... Does anyone have experience similar to mine with the above schools or know anything about this? Also, if you don't get interviewed at all, does it mean that you won't get accepted or the admission committee didn't think it necessary? Thanks a lot!

It is not possible to be accepted without an interview, unfortunately. But UCLA at least gives interviews extending to late March. That being said it seems like those later interview slots are filling up fast...

I am in a similar situation with UCLA. No official rejection yet no interview offer.

However, I just interviewed with Loma Linda (2/27/07). I was notified about two weeks ago.

I submitted my materials near the schools' deadline.

It might be a good idea to call up your respective schools and inquire about your status. At least that's what I plan to do - given that it's late in the cycle and I want to make sure they haven't forgotten about me (hah).