-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TBH, there should be WAY more role-revealing in these games, it is people thinking they are important that makes it worse.
In a traditional game 12 players, 2 wolves a seer and an angel, role revealing would be insane. Cause the wolves can hide with the villagers.
But in these games EVERYONE getting a role name, the easiest way to win is for EVERYONE to be forced to reveal.
Wolves would be forced to lie and would either be caught in duplicate roles, or having to take obscure roles. Lynch all the most obscure roles and game over.
Wolves have nowhere to hide.
We seriously overvalue our roles, and think we are important, when herd immunity would allow us to thrive the most as a community.
Maybe not as much fun, but if this were real life, I would force everyone to do that to guarantee the villager herd survives.
*******************
Then you run into the problem of a villager having a wolfy-sounding role *cough*neopia*coughcough* and getting lynched, while the wolf who made a nice sounding role stays
*******************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch VetAshley simply because I think the "RNG of people already voted for" is lame.
### lynch ufo ###
Rng
Rng
Lynch VetAshley simply because I think the "RNG of people already voted for" is lame.
Well in that case ********unlynch mags lynch dvmDream******
Totally retaliation vote 😛
****Lynch vetash**** because that sounds suspicious to me.
Well in that case ********unlynch mags lynch dvmDream******
Totally retaliation vote 😛
And retaliation votes reek of wolf... 😛
****Lynch vetash**** because that sounds suspicious to me.
Which part?
Well crap not what I intended...
TBH, there should be WAY more role-revealing in these games, it is people thinking they are important that makes it worse.
In a traditional game 12 players, 2 wolves a seer and an angel, role revealing would be insane. Cause the wolves can hide with the villagers.
But in these games EVERYONE getting a role name, the easiest way to win is for EVERYONE to be forced to reveal.
Wolves would be forced to lie and would either be caught in duplicate roles, or having to take obscure roles. Lynch all the most obscure roles and game over.
Wolves have nowhere to hide.
We seriously overvalue our roles, and think we are important, when herd immunity would allow us to thrive the most as a community.
Maybe not as much fun, but if this were real life, I would force everyone to do that to guarantee the villager herd survives.
I absolutely see the value in this. The problem is I don't think people would ever get on board with it.
I guess what I should have said was I can't stand all the interpersonal (i.e. not to the group) role revealing that goes on, because honestly that's just as good as not revealing at all (except in certain circumstances when you need to find a partner role or something). Your confidants die, they can be converted, they don't trust what you said but if other people knew it they would because they know other things, etc.
I thought that in games like this, it was discouraged to role reveal on the thread too early because it 1) defeated part of the point of the game (the strategizing and mystery, etc) and 2) could force important roles to be revealed to wolves by necessity or process of elimination.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i thought tucker and epivet both role revealed to cyndia and she thought they were both legit... @Cyndia, can you verify either role
I haven't been able to verify either yet.. And unfortunately, I don't know anything about the book (and neither does anyone in my pm group), so my judgement was based primarily on the wiki info I got. But like I said, they seemed legitimate.
****lynch vetash**** She PMed me to tell me I was in lead and did I want to make a defense on thread? And I can't decide if that's nice or weird but I'm leaning toward the latter bc if she was so concerned about me being lynched she could just unlynch me.
I did unlynch you
lynch epi cause, eh, I dunno.
Unlynch mags my bags
Lynch unidentified flying object of my affection (ufo)
Lynch unidentified flying object of my affection (ufo)
lynch tuckervet for using logic
*******unlynch DVM*****
E
Escalla
Do I get to call WZ and MJ Mad Zoo?
lynch TV
Well since ashgirl just told the whole thread I guess it's no secret. I'm a proud citizen of the dark lands and I have the potential for great things but I'm unsure of what that might be. I'm not familiar with the books so I don't know what it means that's it's a place from D'Hara but I do know I'm not a wolf. No abilities either. I received the horse the other night and was told I could travel with it but I stayed in my group. Soo yea that's all I got. Don't lynch me again. 🙁
Official Lynch Tally
20 Minutes Remaining
magbags 1 - WZ,
SOV 2 - dyachei, devyn
Chillbo 1 - SOV
kaydubs 1 - Cyndia
devyn 1 - epivet
UFO 3 - ashgirl, FFM,jojo
FFM 1 - tuckervet
tuckervet 3 - WTF, MJ, kaydubs
jojo 1 - 98cats
VetAsh 3 - DVMD, UFO,magbags
Epivet 1 - FrozenShades
18/22 votes
Deadline 7 PM EST
20 Minutes Remaining
magbags 1 - WZ,
SOV 2 - dyachei, devyn
Chillbo 1 - SOV
kaydubs 1 - Cyndia
devyn 1 - epivet
UFO 3 - ashgirl, FFM,jojo
FFM 1 - tuckervet
tuckervet 3 - WTF, MJ, kaydubs
jojo 1 - 98cats
VetAsh 3 - DVMD, UFO,magbags
Epivet 1 - FrozenShades
18/22 votes
Deadline 7 PM EST
E
Escalla
Unlynch FFM, lynch SOV
Are you joining Mad Zoo?
Are you joining Mad Zoo?
I got these for you, I hope you like them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4-way tie?!?!
No one girl should have all this pow'r...
Lynch TV
No one girl should have all this pow'r...
Lynch TV
Unlynch FFM, lynch SOV
I think I might lynch you just because you keep making ties. Seriously... now it is a 3 way tie and with Escalla, that means 4 people as possible lynch candidates.
I think I might lynch you just because you keep making ties. Seriously... now it is a 3 way tie and with Escalla, that means 4 people as possible lynch candidates.
Disregard. I suck at reading vote tallies.

We were really on track to have the fastest game of WW ever there for a minute.4-way tie?!?!
No one girl should have all this pow'r...
Lynch TV
E
Escalla
![]()
I got these for you, I hope you like them.
Probably not what you're thinking for, but yes.
Disregard. I suck at reading vote tallies.![]()
Nevermind, I read slightly right. It was just made a 4 way tie.
I think I should just go to bed.
Official Lynch Tally
10 Minutes Remaining
magbags 1 - WZ,
SOV 3 - dyachei, devyn, tucker
Chillbo 1 - SOV
kaydubs 1 - Cyndia
devyn 1 - epivet
UFO 3 - ashgirl, FFM,jojo
tuckervet 4 - WTF, MJ, kaydubs, Chillbo
jojo 1 - 98cats
VetAsh 3 - DVMD, UFO,magbags
Epivet 1 - FrozenShades
19/22 votes
Deadline 7 PM EST
Seriously, what is with all the ties?
10 Minutes Remaining
magbags 1 - WZ,
SOV 3 - dyachei, devyn, tucker
Chillbo 1 - SOV
kaydubs 1 - Cyndia
devyn 1 - epivet
UFO 3 - ashgirl, FFM,jojo
tuckervet 4 - WTF, MJ, kaydubs, Chillbo
jojo 1 - 98cats
VetAsh 3 - DVMD, UFO,magbags
Epivet 1 - FrozenShades
19/22 votes
Deadline 7 PM EST
Seriously, what is with all the ties?
Nah, cause still only one person would die, it'd just be up to Escalla who to pick.We were really on track to have the fastest game of WW ever there for a minute.
Well what's the fun in that... I was hoping for a mass lynching. Let god sort 'em out, ya know?Nah, cause still only one person would die, it'd just be up to Escalla who to pick.
E
Escalla
Nah, cause still only one person would die, it'd just be up to Escalla who to pick.
Random.org decides my dear. My hands are clean!
Well what's the fun in that... I was hoping for a mass lynching. Let god sort 'em out, ya know?
Actually that would be the job of the Keeper...
Well what's the fun in that... I was hoping for a mass lynching. Let god sort 'em out, ya know?
Yeah, that is really helpful for the villagers... 🙄
Actually, unlynch whoever I had lynched, lynch MJ
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rule #1 of WW is there is no logic in WW.With this kind of logic, you're pretty much handing the win to the wolves.
Ahh, DBZ. That takes me back....
Rule #1 of WW is there is no logic in WW.
No, Rule #1 of WW is: Trust no one, not even the mods.
There is no rule about logic, because there is actually logic in WW.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 194K