Take 2nd MCAT after application submission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastSide

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick Background:
I was a pre-PT student in UG.
Gave up PT acceptance in 2016 to pursue med.
2016-2017 = pre-requiste
2017-2018 = advance postbac
The Post bac (Fall'17-Spring'18) had an agreement with PCOM.
If I score a >3.3GPA & MCAT of 500 (at least 125/section) PCOM will reserve a seat for Fall'18 (Class of 2022).
Took my MCAT on June 1st (latest day to take the MCAT) and received score or 504 (126/126/128/124) on July 3rd.
Since I missed the 125 on Psych/Soc, I'm out of the agreement...

Currently 25 y.o and deciding whether to re-apply to DO schools or look into PA schools, or perhaps back to PT...

Question:
If going back to DO, I would assume it will be best for me to retake the MCAT. However, I'm already so late in the process since I was waiting for my initial MCAT score for the agreement. So can I apply with the MCAT score I have now and retake my MCAT in late August, receive score and attach it to my application in late September?
Is this feasible or a waste of time?

Don't like the situation I'm in now. Since I was fully banking on the agreement with PCOM, I'm not sure exactly how I should go about this.

Members don't see this ad.

The Real MCAT score was definitely higher than my practice scores on Chem/Phys and CARS.
I haven't touched my MCAT material since the day of the exam.
June 1st was the last day to take the MCAT, so later ones will not redeem the agreement.
No appeal, unless they make a random exception.

Quick Background:
I was a pre-PT student in UG.
Gave up PT acceptance in 2016 to pursue med.
2016-2017 = pre-requiste
2017-2018 = advance postbac
The Post bac (Fall'17-Spring'18) had an agreement with PCOM.
If I score a >3.3GPA & MCAT of 500 (at least 125/section) PCOM will reserve a seat for Fall'18 (Class of 2022).
Took my MCAT on June 1st (latest day to take the MCAT) and received score or 504 (126/126/128/124) on July 3rd.
Since I missed the 125 on Psych/Soc, I'm out of the agreement...

Currently 25 y.o and deciding whether to re-apply to DO schools or look into PA schools, or perhaps back to PT...

Question:
If going back to DO, I would assume it will be best for me to retake the MCAT. However, I'm already so late in the process since I was waiting for my initial MCAT score for the agreement. So can I apply with the MCAT score I have now and retake my MCAT in late August, receive score and attach it to my application in late September?
Is this feasible or a waste of time?

Don't like the situation I'm in now. Since I was fully banking on the agreement with PCOM, I'm not sure exactly how I should go about this.
Your MCAT score is fine for any DO school. Do NOT retake.

Reactions: 1 user