Taking too many Pre-Reqs over the Summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarkKnight835

It's not brain science or rocket surgery!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question for all the upperclassmen/ADCOMS that are on here regarding taking too many pre-reqs classes over the Summer. I am a current rising second semester sophomore at a local 4 year university. The first Summer between Freshman and Sophomore year, I had to take Gen Chem 2 and Gen Chem 2 Lab due to not wanting to be left behind. Now looking at my current schedule, I have a schedule conflict that would not really allow me to take my Orgo 2 lab during this coming semester, and I would have to probably take it over this coming Summer between my Sophomore and Junior year. Would that be okay and not looked down upon?

For some background: I took Gen Chem 2 and Gen Chem 2 lab over the Summer and got A's in both. I took Orgo 1 last semester and got a B, I also took Orgo 1 Lab last semester and got an A. I am going to take Orgo 2 this coming semester, but not Orgo 2 lab.

Thank you so much, I appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I have a question for all the upperclassmen/ADCOMS that are on here regarding taking too many pre-reqs classes over the Summer. I am a current rising second semester sophomore at a local 4 year university. The first Summer between Freshman and Sophomore year, I had to take Gen Chem 2 and Gen Chem 2 Lab due to not wanting to be left behind. Now looking at my current schedule, I have a schedule conflict that would not really allow me to take my Orgo 2 lab during this coming semester, and I would have to probably take it over this coming Summer between my Sophomore and Junior year. Would that be okay and not looked down upon?

For some background: I took Gen Chem 2 and Gen Chem 2 lab over the Summer and got A's in both. I took Orgo 1 last semester and got a B, I also took Orgo 1 Lab last semester and got an A. I am going to take Orgo 2 this coming semester, but not Orgo 2 lab.

Thank you so much, I appreciate any feedback!

Pretty sure you're fine. If anyone asks (which I don't think they will) you can mention scheduling conflicts.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No one will care as long as you do well.

Thank you so much for your wisdom, HomeSkool! So just to clarify, medical school would not worry that I would be taking too many core prereqs, all 3 of which are chem stuffs, over the Summer? The classes I had taken and will take over the Summer are all at the same university as I attend now in my normal semesters.

Thank you so much for your wisdom, HomeSkool! So just to clarify, medical school would not worry that I would be taking too many core prereqs, all 3 of which are chem stuffs, over the Summer? The classes I had taken and will take over the Summer are all at the same university as I attend now in my normal semesters.
Adcoms see your grades by academic year. They can break it down by semester/term if they need to, but as long as you do well they won't bother.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

It doesn’t matter. Your grades matter.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile