Temple ACMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the email!!! I got accepted!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats everyone on acceptances! I applied in early March, and I already have an acceptance from two other programs. I was wondering how quick the turnaround time for knowing whether we get an interview is? Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone on acceptances! I applied in early March, and I already have an acceptance from two other programs. I was wondering how quick the turnaround time for knowing whether we get an interview is? Thanks all!
Turn around for the interview for me was 2-3 weeks

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y'all, congrats on the acceptances! Hopefully we can be classmates soon!

I'm still in the process of applying. How long did it take everyone to get their apps processed and verified by PostBacCAS? Kind of nervous mine won't be ready in time.

I'm still in the process of applying. How long did it take everyone to get their apps processed and verified by PostBacCAS? Kind of nervous mine won't be ready in time.
I think it took around 3 weeks for the verification for me. I also had it in early tho, and idk if it's typical for it to take shorter or longer for people who submit it around this time of the year

It also took me about 3-4 weeks for verification

btw, did anyone get rejected post interview? or do they just waitlist everyone if not accepted? i was looking at past threads and don't see any post ii rejections

does anyone know how picking a campus works? I know that we prob wouldn’t do this until after the postbac but was just wondering bc I’d ideally like to stay in Philly for all 5 years

does anyone know how picking a campus works? I know that we prob wouldn’t do this until after the postbac but was just wondering bc I’d ideally like to stay in Philly for all 5 years

I believe it was an option on the postbaccas application, but I’m not sure. Also we only submit the AMCAS application next year after spring grades are posted! I assume Temple will let us know.

also do we need to submit AMCAS this may?
The letter we received says that we have to ":Submit a 2023 AMCAS application with "Other Special Program" application type after spring grades are posted, but prior to May 15 2023." So we wait til then

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it took around 3 weeks for the verification for me. I also had it in early tho, and idk if it's typical for it to take shorter or longer for people who submit it around this time of the year

mine also took around 3-4 weeks to verify and have all transcripts sent

It also took me about 3-4 weeks for verification

Did you guys have all of your transcripts (and other ancillary materials like LORs) in prior to submitting the app? Or did you have to wait for them to get to Postbaccas after you had already submitted the app? I only ask because I was planning on submitting this coming Tuesday...if it makes a difference, I had also applied to Temple via AMCAS this cycle.

Last edited:
btw, did anyone get rejected post interview? or do they just waitlist everyone if not accepted? i was looking at past threads and don't see any post ii rejections
Hey, I heard people do get rejected post interview. People are just less likely to post if they don’t get in versus if they do.

I haven't applied to Temple ACMS yet. Does anyone know if I apply to Temple ACMS and get accepted and go to the 1-year program, would I still be able to reapply to medical schools traditionally this 2022 summer or does the contract prohibit Temple ACMS students from applying to medical schools the same year?

No you wouldn’t be able to because of that Temple ACMS contract/condition
Thank you. Do you also know if I can reuse the personal statement for medical schools to apply to Temple ACMS or should I write a completely new one? Also, for rec letters, can I just ask my premed advisor to forward the committee letter that she wrote for med schools?

Thank you. Do you also know if I can reuse the personal statement for medical schools to apply to Temple ACMS or should I write a completely new one? Also, for rec letters, can I just ask my premed advisor to forward the committee letter that she wrote for med schools?

You can reuse the personal statement. For committee letters you can send them to the postbac email address. See below!

Is anyone still waiting to hear about and interview??

congrats to those who go accepted! would you guys mind sharing ur stats??

no, I submitted my ACT score instead
Will you have to take the MCAT in order to meet the criteria for the conditional acceptance to LKSOM? If so, what is the deadline for MCAT score submission and what is the minimum score requirement?

Will you have to take the MCAT in order to meet the criteria for the conditional acceptance to LKSOM? If so, what is the deadline for MCAT score submission and what is the minimum score requirement?
yep, you need to get a 509 with a min 126 on each section. I'm taking it in September, I think you can take it once more during the program and the scores need to be sent in before matriculation to LKSOM class of 23'

might take longer; I sent mine in mid January and heard back after a week

Did you guys have all of your transcripts (and other ancillary materials like LORs) in prior to submitting the app? Or did you have to wait for them to get to Postbaccas after you had already submitted the app? I only ask because I was planning on submitting this coming Tuesday...if it makes a difference, I had also applied to Temple via AMCAS this cycle.
I waited till I had everything before submitting, I think they only review your app once it's complete

Does anyone know if Temple recalculates your BCPM GPA separate from the postbaccas calculation? It's very baffling and irritating that PostbacCAS categorizes math courses as "non-science" courses.

On the ACMS website, it says that "The successful applicant will also have...Science GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale, including all Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics (BCPM) departmental courses."
I'm not sure-from what I saw with in interview, essay questions, and the like, it looks like you really do get evaluated for the med school. So I'd think that if LKSOM recalculates it, they'll recalculate it as well.

I already applied to LKSOM this previous cycle and sent my CASPER/DUET last summer, do I need to send them again because altos doesnt give me the option.

I already applied to LKSOM this previous cycle and sent my CASPER/DUET last summer, do I need to send them again because altos doesnt give me the option.

You don’t need to send it again!

I know this was asked earlier, but it is really too late to apply now? Does anyone know anything from past cycles, or is there little to know about this program?

I know this was asked earlier, but it is really too late to apply now? Does anyone know anything from past cycles, or is there little to know about this program?
This was asked earlier. I'll make it easier for you.

If you have started the application and are about to submit it soon, then go for it.
If you have not started the application at all then it is too late for this cycle. (b/c of CASPER and postbaccas verification)

This was asked earlier. I'll make it easier for you.

If you have started the application and are about to submit it soon, then go for it.
If you have not started the application at all then it is too late for this cycle. (b/c of CASPER and postbaccas verification)
I have my CASPER but the postbaccas verification would be my downfall. Thanks for the clarification.

interviewed March 31 haven't heard anything yet..

If we want to send update letters do we do that through postbaccas or email admissions? Thanks!

For those wondering about how long verification will take. Verification took me 1-2 days. I assume it is because the deadline is so near. No guarantee it will be the same for anyone else, but I thought this info might be helpful to anyone wondering if they should apply during these last few days before the deadline.

Hoping to hear back about an interview! I wonder when we'll hear some news next.

Edit: Would also like to note I had transcripts, LORs, and CASPer already in prior to submitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently?
ive been waiting for a while since my application was in, hoping theres another round of interviews soon, sounds like the last one was at the end of march

it sounds like generally, its taking a while for most people to hear back anout things. did anyone reach out to the program to ask about a timeline?? temple is first pick but i have other schools i have to let know

I'm speculating that decisions and updates tend to go out on Thursdays and Fridays, based on previous posts. I also know that admissions stated in the confirmation email that interviews will go on through May and that the process is lengthy. That's all I've got, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those still wondering about interviews, I was told today that they will be conducting interviews through May.

I know this because I took the latest possible CASPer exam (4/05/22) and my app was just marked complete.
I'm a bit late, but hopefully I still stand a chance for an interview haha.

For those wondering about turnaround times and interview invites, I got an invitation to interview yesterday for 4/28. I submitted my application on 3/18 and it was acknowledged as completed on 3/25. Turnaround time from completion to invitation to interview was 27 days.