You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple ACMS 2022-2023
Started by jasondwannabe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
does anyone know how long each interview lasts? Also, is the meeting with the North Philadelphia community member like a group interview or more like presentation/asking questions? I saw people state on temple sdn that they had a group interview with the North Philadelphia member but I wasn't sure if we had the same format.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! It depends on each individual but I think they have max of 30 mins block. And the interview is how people said on temple sdndoes anyone know how long each interview lasts? Also, is the meeting with the North Philadelphia community member like a group interview or more like presentation/asking questions? I saw people state on temple sdn that they had a group interview with the North Philadelphia member but I wasn't sure if we had the same format.
Thank you! So are you saying that the meeting with the North Philadelphia member is actually a group interview? I just wanted to make sure cause they said there are two interviews and in addition a few things including a "meeting" with the North Philadelphia member.Hey! It depends on each individual but I think they have max of 30 mins block. And the interview is how people said on temple sdn
Yup! It’s a group interviewThank you! So are you saying that the meeting with the North Philadelphia member is actually a group interview? I just wanted to make sure cause they said there are two interviews and in addition a few things including a "meeting" with the North Philadelphia member.
thank you so much!!Yup! It’s a group interview
rkdrkddirdir
New Member
For those who had the interview, is there a chance that they would ask questions like why did you apply to the postbac program and not directly to the med school program?
I was accepted this morning! I'm delighted.
I thought I would post stats for those who might want it.
3.41 cumulative GPA, like a 2.8 sGPA (lol I know)
Approx 2600 clinical hours
Slightly less than that research hours (at least 2000)
No MCAT yet, SATs 2310 which will likely give some of you an idea of how long I've been out of school
LM 66
Good luck, and hope to see many of you in August 🙂
I thought I would post stats for those who might want it.
3.41 cumulative GPA, like a 2.8 sGPA (lol I know)
Approx 2600 clinical hours
Slightly less than that research hours (at least 2000)
No MCAT yet, SATs 2310 which will likely give some of you an idea of how long I've been out of school
LM 66
Good luck, and hope to see many of you in August 🙂
Congrats!!I was accepted this morning! I'm delighted.
I thought I would post stats for those who might want it.
3.41 cumulative GPA, like a 2.8 sGPA (lol I know)
Approx 2600 clinical hours
Slightly less than that research hours (at least 2000)
No MCAT yet, SATs 2310 which will likely give some of you an idea of how long I've been out of school
LM 66
Good luck, and hope to see many of you in August 🙂
Congratulations!! 🙂) When did you interview?I was accepted this morning! I'm delighted.
I thought I would post stats for those who might want it.
3.41 cumulative GPA, like a 2.8 sGPA (lol I know)
Approx 2600 clinical hours
Slightly less than that research hours (at least 2000)
No MCAT yet, SATs 2310 which will likely give some of you an idea of how long I've been out of school
LM 66
Good luck, and hope to see many of you in August 🙂
Thank you!Congratulations!! 🙂) When did you interview?
I was complete 3/6 and got my interview invite on 3/25. Interview was 3/31, then I was accepted 4/26, today.
Congrats! What is the group interview like? Would you say it is like a typical interview with typical questions?Thank you!
I was complete 3/6 and got my interview invite on 3/25. Interview was 3/31, then I was accepted 4/26, today.
Group interview is with a North Philly resident, presumably someone who has connections w/ Temple through activism I think. Most of the questions were about being active in the community as I recall. It was pretty well-moderated--everyone was given a chance to answer explicitly so you aren't talking over people, which I thought was good.Congrats! What is the group interview like? Would you say it is like a typical interview with typical questions?
I don't remember whether they have your stats for the group interview but I don't think they care.
Thank you!!Group interview is with a North Philly resident, presumably someone who has connections w/ Temple through activism I think. Most of the questions were about being active in the community as I recall. It was pretty well-moderated--everyone was given a chance to answer explicitly so you aren't talking over people, which I thought was good.
I don't remember whether they have your stats for the group interview but I don't think they care.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
friedelartsandcrafts
New Member
Does anyone know if paying a deposit to another Temple program would withdraw my app to the LKSOM postbacc? I was accepted to 2 other grad programs at Temple. I paid my deposit for one that I'd be thrilled to attend because they are closing the app soon but this program is still my first choice.
same here still waiting!!
hey have you guys heard back?My app has been complete since Jan 18. Haven't heard anything yet.
ChaelTheGoat123
Full Member
I've nothey have you guys heard back?
icedcoffee11
New Member
hii! Thought I’d make an account and post that I got my acceptance this morning 🙂 I also interviewed on 3/31 and heard some people got accepted yesterday, so in case you’re waiting it seems like they’re still rolling out acceptances this week. Let me know if yall have any questions and i’m leaving some info below below
gpa: 3.7 (overall science: 3.69)
mcat: 508
research hours: 180
shadowing hours: 105
hospital volunteer hours: 52
other: cpr instructor, org leadership, competitive dance, full time tech job for past 1 year
application: submitted 2/17, under review 2/25, invited to interview 3/24, interviewed 3/31, accepted 4/27
gpa: 3.7 (overall science: 3.69)
mcat: 508
research hours: 180
shadowing hours: 105
hospital volunteer hours: 52
other: cpr instructor, org leadership, competitive dance, full time tech job for past 1 year
application: submitted 2/17, under review 2/25, invited to interview 3/24, interviewed 3/31, accepted 4/27
Nope, if you do ACMS you're going to Temple.Can I still apply out to other schools this cycle, other than temple if I attend acms?
Is there a day where they typically notify people for interviews? It seems that most people get notified for interview invite about a month after they are complete?
There's not a specific day so far as I can tell? But yeah it seems like somewhere around 3 weeks--I posted my own dates upthread and am too lazy to find it now sorry 😛Is there a day where they typically notify people for interviews? It seems that most people get notified for interview invite about a month after they are complete?
does anyone know when we could hear back from them about post interview decisions?
It seems like on average 3-4 weeks based on previous postersdoes anyone know when we could hear back from them about post interview decisions?
Congrats! What day if you don’t mind sharing?II today, completed late February
Hi! Has anyone who applied in April heard anything yet? Also, for those who were accepted do you guys mind giving a little insight as to what the interviews look like - aside from the fact that its a group interview. Thanks so much!!
D
deleted1132569
Applied early in April and also haven't heard anything back yet! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!
Complete 4/13, got an interview invite on 5/3 for 5/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats by any chance? Feel free to DM - it'd be much appreciated!Complete 4/13, got an interview invite on 5/3 for 5/11
Last edited:
Sure 🙂 Message sent!Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats by any chance? Feel free to DM - it'd be much appreciated!
Do ya mind sending stats as well? Just want to get an idea of what they’re looking for. Thank you!Sure 🙂 Message sent!
medschoolhero999
New Member
me too if you dont mind! 🙂Sure 🙂 Message sent!
Did you get an interview for ACMS? Coz you don’t have to send anything till then, but they should already have it technicallyif I applied to lksom this previous cycle, do I have to send my MCAT in again?
Is there an accepted students GroupMe or anything? Trying to figure out housing and stuff as the summer comes around. Also has anyone received further correspondence post acceptance about when classes start etc?
Is there an accepted students GroupMe or anything? Trying to figure out housing and stuff as the summer comes around. Also has anyone received further correspondence post acceptance about when classes start etc?
I don’t think so… someone should start one XD
I don’t think so… someone should start one XD
Made an unofficial groupme here:
You're invited to my new group 'Temple ACMS 2022' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
Congrats! When did you interview? How long did it take to hear back?I got accepted and am currently looking for a roommate to sort out housing! I’m not really sure how SDN works since I just made an account, but DM me on here if you’re in the same boat! I’d love to meet you guys and connect if yall are looking for roommates too!
I wonder how much of the class has been filled already..
medschoolhero999
New Member
hopefully still handing out interview invites for some of us 🙁I wonder how much of the class has been filled already..
Has anyone heard anything this week?
They sent out interviews on five different dates last year and Today is the 5th for this cycle 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said 40 this year!Does anyone recall how big the class is?
I was wondering the sameany one who was complete mid-april hear back yet?