Temple ACMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if temple would accept an additional LOR at this point in time (aka would it be classified as an “application update”)?

Members don't see this ad.

I was completed in February, is it possible to still get an II this far out or probably not, already have another Postbacc acceptance but I would prefer to go here

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how long each interview lasts? Also, is the meeting with the North Philadelphia community member like a group interview or more like presentation/asking questions? I saw people state on temple sdn that they had a group interview with the North Philadelphia member but I wasn't sure if we had the same format.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how long each interview lasts? Also, is the meeting with the North Philadelphia community member like a group interview or more like presentation/asking questions? I saw people state on temple sdn that they had a group interview with the North Philadelphia member but I wasn't sure if we had the same format.
Hey! It depends on each individual but I think they have max of 30 mins block. And the interview is how people said on temple sdn

Hey! It depends on each individual but I think they have max of 30 mins block. And the interview is how people said on temple sdn
Thank you! So are you saying that the meeting with the North Philadelphia member is actually a group interview? I just wanted to make sure cause they said there are two interviews and in addition a few things including a "meeting" with the North Philadelphia member.

Thank you! So are you saying that the meeting with the North Philadelphia member is actually a group interview? I just wanted to make sure cause they said there are two interviews and in addition a few things including a "meeting" with the North Philadelphia member.
Yup! It’s a group interview

For those who had the interview, is there a chance that they would ask questions like why did you apply to the postbac program and not directly to the med school program?

I was accepted this morning! I'm delighted.

I thought I would post stats for those who might want it.

3.41 cumulative GPA, like a 2.8 sGPA (lol I know)
Approx 2600 clinical hours
Slightly less than that research hours (at least 2000)
No MCAT yet, SATs 2310 which will likely give some of you an idea of how long I've been out of school
LM 66

Good luck, and hope to see many of you in August :)

Reactions: 5 users

No MCAT yet, SATs 2310 which will likely give some of you an idea of how long I've been out of school
LM 66

Congrats!!

• Love

LM 66

Congratulations!! :)) When did you interview?

Thank you!

I was complete 3/6 and got my interview invite on 3/25. Interview was 3/31, then I was accepted 4/26, today.
Congrats! What is the group interview like? Would you say it is like a typical interview with typical questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! What is the group interview like? Would you say it is like a typical interview with typical questions?
Group interview is with a North Philly resident, presumably someone who has connections w/ Temple through activism I think. Most of the questions were about being active in the community as I recall. It was pretty well-moderated--everyone was given a chance to answer explicitly so you aren't talking over people, which I thought was good.

I don't remember whether they have your stats for the group interview but I don't think they care.

Group interview is with a North Philly resident, presumably someone who has connections w/ Temple through activism I think. Most of the questions were about being active in the community as I recall. It was pretty well-moderated--everyone was given a chance to answer explicitly so you aren't talking over people, which I thought was good.

I don't remember whether they have your stats for the group interview but I don't think they care.
Thank you!!

Does anyone know if paying a deposit to another Temple program would withdraw my app to the LKSOM postbacc? I was accepted to 2 other grad programs at Temple. I paid my deposit for one that I'd be thrilled to attend because they are closing the app soon but this program is still my first choice.

Can I still apply out to other schools this cycle, other than temple if I attend acms?

hii! Thought I’d make an account and post that I got my acceptance this morning :) I also interviewed on 3/31 and heard some people got accepted yesterday, so in case you’re waiting it seems like they’re still rolling out acceptances this week. Let me know if yall have any questions and i’m leaving some info below below
gpa: 3.7 (overall science: 3.69)
mcat: 508
research hours: 180
shadowing hours: 105
hospital volunteer hours: 52
other: cpr instructor, org leadership, competitive dance, full time tech job for past 1 year
application: submitted 2/17, under review 2/25, invited to interview 3/24, interviewed 3/31, accepted 4/27

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a day where they typically notify people for interviews? It seems that most people get notified for interview invite about a month after they are complete?

Is there a day where they typically notify people for interviews? It seems that most people get notified for interview invite about a month after they are complete?
There's not a specific day so far as I can tell? But yeah it seems like somewhere around 3 weeks--I posted my own dates upthread and am too lazy to find it now sorry :p

does anyone know when we could hear back from them about post interview decisions?

Hi! Has anyone who applied in April heard anything yet? Also, for those who were accepted do you guys mind giving a little insight as to what the interviews look like - aside from the fact that its a group interview. Thanks so much!!

Applied early in April and also haven't heard anything back yet! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

if I applied to lksom this previous cycle, do I have to send my MCAT in again?

if I applied to lksom this previous cycle, do I have to send my MCAT in again?
Did you get an interview for ACMS? Coz you don’t have to send anything till then, but they should already have it technically

Is there an accepted students GroupMe or anything? Trying to figure out housing and stuff as the summer comes around. Also has anyone received further correspondence post acceptance about when classes start etc?

Reactions: 2 users
Is there an accepted students GroupMe or anything? Trying to figure out housing and stuff as the summer comes around. Also has anyone received further correspondence post acceptance about when classes start etc?

I don’t think so… someone should start one XD

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted and am currently looking for a roommate to sort out housing! I’m not really sure how SDN works since I just made an account, but DM me on here if you’re in the same boat! I’d love to meet you guys and connect if yall are looking for roommates too!

I got accepted and am currently looking for a roommate to sort out housing! I’m not really sure how SDN works since I just made an account, but DM me on here if you’re in the same boat! I’d love to meet you guys and connect if yall are looking for roommates too!
Congrats! When did you interview? How long did it take to hear back?

I wonder how much of the class has been filled already..

Reactions: 1 users
They sent out interviews on five different dates last year and Today is the 5th for this cycle :(

Was anyone else waiting on pre-req grades? My last pending grade just got updated, I haven't heard anything yet since I submitted my app in Feb, hoping they were just waiting for the grade but Im worried it's so late.