Temple University Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

hey guys !!! my interview is today and I'm super nervous. Any last advice? how many questions they ask in the interview? were they any ethical questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think it is too soon to send a letter of intent to them?
I've seen some people say that you should wait until after December decisions, but others have said to send it after your interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone !!! did anyone attend the open house ? how was it ?
Yes, it was super informative. They kept it pretty short and sweet and really focused on what the school has to offer its students. I would recommend attending it!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, it was super informative. They kept it pretty short and sweet and really focused on what the school has to offer its students. I would recommend attending it!

Is this the same thing as the info session on zoom?

for those who took Casper, is the Casper and Casper Snapshot business professional clothing? I think Casper is just recording to make sure you don't cheat but is Snapshot video sent to Temple? guessing that is supposed to be dressed up?

for those who took Casper, is the Casper and Casper Snapshot business professional clothing? I think Casper is just recording to make sure you don't cheat but is Snapshot video sent to Temple? guessing that is supposed to be dressed up?
casper is all written; snapshot is a video and I wore a suit

its implied you're supposed to dress up for this open house, correct? would be embarrassing if i was the only one in a suit

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
School:
Temple University
Notification date: 10/30/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/14 ** BUT... my DAT was not verified until 8/6 (thanks 'rona)
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA/ 24 TS/ 24 PAT/ 28 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: November 4th
Method of interview: Virtual

hey guys !!! my interview is today and I'm super nervous. Any last advice? how many questions they ask in the interview? were they any ethical questions?
Hi, how was the interview conducted if you don't mind me asking?

Hi, how was the interview conducted if you don't mind me asking?
Hi !! It was for about 10 -15 minutes. Very general questions with one ethical question. I recommend you checking the interview questions on student network for temple.

do you mind sharing your stats?

Interview #1
School: Temple University
Notification date: 10/29/2020
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/ 22 TS/ 24 PAT/ 19 RC

For anyone who already went through the interview, did you send a thank you email to both the interviewer and the one who was overseeing the interview?

Also, for the interview:
The interview goes by really quickly as they only have 10-15 minutes to get to know you. Practice giving concise answers or you won't be able to get through all of the things you want to say! As someone else said, they ask typical traditional interview questions and ethical questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interview #3
School:
Temple University
Application complete date: 7/14 ** BUT... my DAT was not verified until 8/6 (thanks 'rona)
With those stats, I would expect 10 more interviews !!!

Interview #3
School:
Temple University
Interview #1
School: Temple University
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/ 22 TS/ 24 PAT/ 19 RC

did you first get an email saying your app is "currently active and under review"? and then got invited? what was your status before the invite?

did you first get an email saying your app is "currently active and under review"? and then got invited? what was your status before the invite?
Yes I got that email! I think my status was just complete/under review the whole time. I got that email and then like 2 weeks later I think I got the interview invite. Hope this helps!

With those stats, I would expect 10 more interviews !!!
Aww that's so sweet thank you!! I got my fourth today and damn near jumped out of my chair, I was so excited :) Definitely an anxiety-inducing time to say the least!

My AADSAS application status says "Invited for Interview"

Interview #1
School:
Temple University
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24
Application complete date: 8/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA/ 24 TS/ 23 PAT/ 27 RC/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Interviewed on November 5th

Did anyone status on ADDSAS changed ? mine still says invited for interview ?

3.5 gpa, 22 DAT, 700+ shadowing hours, but I submitted in late august which I think hindered me
it still got you an interview, so it all worked out! i submitted the first week of september (due to DAT cancellation **COVID**) so I am stressing out

also, did you get invited today?

Did anyone get the email regarding Casper ? I have already interviewed and my Casper Test is on the 10th this month. I'm very worried do you guys think it will look bad that I didn't do casper until now and will lower my chances of being accepted ?

Did anyone get the email regarding Casper ? I have already interviewed and my Casper Test is on the 10th this month. I'm very worried do you guys think it will look bad that I didn't do casper until now and will lower my chances of being accepted ?

No

Hi, do you guys its too late to apply now with an average DAT score?

Hi, do you guys its too late to apply now with an average DAT score?
Time is important, but the application is more important than that. It is like a reverse relationship between these two. If you do not have a relatively strong application (DAT, GPA, LOR etc), submit early it helps. If you have a relatively strong application, submitting late still doesn't hurt. But now the question is it too late to apply now? Well, then it depends on how strong your application is and confident you are.

Ya I got an email about it and I completed it like a month ago so I’m hoping that doesn’t mean they never got it... did anyone else get that email?

Ya I got an email about it and I completed it like a month ago so I’m hoping that doesn’t mean they never got it... did anyone else get that email?
I also received an email but then Temple sent a follow-up email to disregard the email if you have already completed the CASPer