Texas A&M GPA calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bunnyslippers

Purdue SVM Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that Texas A&M doesn't factor in +/- when they calculate your GPA. Does anyone know if this true?

Seeing that Texas A&M makes decisions heavily based on GPA, I'm trying to decide if I should even bother signing up for a class to fill their animal science course pre-req in order to apply. Average GPA for out of state is like a 3.87 and mine is a 3.78 (+/-) or 3.86 (all A's=4, all B's=3) so if not, I'll think twice about signing up for one.

I'm super stressed and I'm not even applying until next year, I can't even imagine how you guys feel. Congrats on all of your acceptances!
 
You're correct! At least this year, they didn't use +/-'s which was good for my gpa as well. Good luck!!! 🙂