The 2012-2013 Underdog Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome Aziz! Its a good thing you did the proper desi thing and decided to leave a besharam career on Parks and Rec to become a doctor.:nod:

Yeah tired of being called bewakoof.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL :laugh: Good thing you two "know" each other or this could be seen as offensive ;) :p

Yea Ravizzle and I were almost classmates!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

what a horrific thought of being your classmate :scared:

lol im just kidding! I am sure your classmates will love you :D

Phew. Dodged a bullet... Lol jk

Would have been cool to meet the notorious medpr in person.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

This is worrisome. I thought I knew the sdn handle of everyone who knows what I look like :scared:

Social media...I tell ya its pretty scary lol

Pre-podiatry?

mirin?

jkm09H0.gif

Social media...I tell ya its pretty scary lol

tumblr_mhzophJXoS1rxplv9o1_500.gif

I always imagine everyone to look like their avatars. I picture coolingglasses as an athletic black guy even though he's probably Asian and out of shape like most of us pre-meds.

You're about 2/3rds right :laugh:

Man, I wish I was Marcus Denmon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol good riddance. All he did was steer pre-meds in the wrong direction

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Well I guess I can stop pestering him about which MD school he got into.

He was quite arrogant for someone that did not get into medical school straight after 4 years and for someone that needed a retake. You would think someone that had to do those things just to get into medical school would be a little humble

• Haha
Let's be real here people. MedPR wasn't even bad. At the end of the day he gave people real and honest advice (whether it was pretty or not), he just didn't sugar coat it. Let's move on now? It's sad that a thread for underdawgs turned into a convo about him.

However, I am interested to see what his next alias is i must say ;)

• Love
Let's be real here people. MedPR wasn't even bad. At the end of the day he gave people real and honest advice (whether it was pretty or not), he just didn't sugar coat it. Let's move on now? It's sad that a thread for underdawgs turned into a convo about him.

It is rather late in the application season though. Is April 1st the day we can call the 2012 season over?

It is rather late in the application season though. Is April 1st the day we can call the 2012 season over?

I'm sure there are plenty of underdogs that'll be pulled off of waitlists this spring and summer. I say it's not over for a few months ! :D

MedPR kinda grew on me. He bothered the piss outta me at first but got a lot nicer after smallz was gone IMO :shrug:

I'm about to leave for my interview at ACOM...please send some positive thoughts and luck my way.

+1. Agreed, lets drop it.

I think the cycle can go as late as the orientation week, depending on waitlist calls for those who need it. :xf:

I knew there had to be a thread with people talking about medpr being banished. He was a little excessive with the posting I have to say, but banning..really?

I knew there had to be a thread with people talking about medpr being banished. He was a little excessive with the posting I have to say, but banning..really?

A little excessive! Really!

I hate to bring it back, but I completely agree with you. He did give honest good advice, and was usually one of the first to answer questions, which was helpful.

I'm sure there are plenty of underdogs that'll be pulled off of waitlists this spring and summer. I say it's not over for a few months ! :D

Yup! I'm waiting for 2 post-interview decisions to come in this week. If I'm waitlisted (hopefully not rejected outright), my wait will be a lot longer.

I'm about to leave for my interview at ACOM...please send some positive thoughts and luck my way.

Good LUCK! I'm sure you'll do great. Be yourself, relax, and stay confident!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, when were you complete and when did you get the interview invite? I've heard nothing from then for a while ever since they told me I should hear something from them soon.

I agree, I liked MedPR. He's a little abrasive at first, but he grows on you. He livened up the place a bit.

MedPR was the man in my opinion, and was a crucial part of the community here. His advice was often good, and though a bit blunt, he was a good dude. If you hate him because you couldn't either shake off his opinion or handle harsh truth, then that's more than likely your problem. Toughen up your skin, it is just the internet after all. Sad to see him go.

Anyway, to all the successful underdogs this cycle, congrats! You all make me hopeful for the future. Good luck to those still waiting.

Sorry DrMeows, totally do not agree with you this time. The guy was a jerk. I can count on one hand the number of posts he had that were actually good advice, harsh or not. Personally, I'm glad the mods caught on to his antics and did the right thing. He was one of the reasons I quit reading the pre-allo/osteo threads; too much BS to sift through when I joined this site to get solid, helpful information.

• Dislike
Sorry DrMeows, totally do not agree with you this time. The guy was a jerk. I can count on one hand the number of posts he had that were actually good advice, harsh or not. Personally, I'm glad the mods caught on to his antics and did the right thing. He was one of the reasons I quit reading the pre-allo/osteo threads; too much BS to sift through when I joined this site to get solid, helpful information.

Haha it's okay. We can agree to disagree on this one ;) The point of my post in general was to try and kill the MedPR convo and it seemed to just help it continue. Oops!

This. He gave some good advice, some not so good, but he still thought he was something special for some reason. (Most people can get into medical school after 4 years of nothing but GPA repair and MCAT studying).

But I guess he was our lovable resident neckbeard so he will be missed. :smuggrin:

Honestly I didn't kno this about him..

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

It's ok, I'm going to compensate for the lack of Medpr by being extra spicy and abrasive.